[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does a 24 year old guy who's about to lose his job

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1424492782268.jpg (20KB, 403x366px) Image search: [Google]
1424492782268.jpg
20KB, 403x366px
What does a 24 year old guy who's about to lose his job do to survive?
Getting the job I have now took 3 years to find and I'm gonna be homeless when I lose it.
I have a glock 19 and 25 bullets and I'm seriously thinking of shooting everyone at the office before blowing my own brains out.

pic not related
>>
What did you lose the job? How long did you have the job? What is the job?
>>
Yeah go and shoot other people because you're a flaming failing faggot, why don't you do everyone a favour and take that gun and see how many bullets you can shoot into yourself before you die
>>
>>724053095
Postal?
Enjoy.
>>
>>724053222
Sales person at a big household electronics store.
The company is slowly dying and a lot of people have been laid off already.
I've worked there for only 2 years.
>>
Fucking loser. Just because you suck at your job, yea, take it out on everyone else just trying to survive, JUST LIKE YOU.
World doesn't revolve around you. Everybody has it rough.
Life is hard. Get over it and get another job.
>>
>>724053095
Well. When I was 22 years old, with no family or friends, I was made redundant.

Within the week I had gone to almost every shop, restaurant, cafe, cleaning companies, leaflet deliverers, etc.
And found a job, which covered my rent, barely. I then started working nights as well.

Oh, I was attending college at this time as well. Which I passed. And finished.
Once I finished I got a job in something I went to college for, after 3 months of looking so that I could stop working dead end jobs.

TL;DR:
You need to make ends meet anyway you can, for now, and then focus on finding a job you want.
>>
>>724053095
you can apply and get unemployment benefits while you look for a new job.
>>
>>724053705
It took you 3 years to find a sales job?

Seriously, just go to your local automotive franchises and tell them that you'll work on commission. If you're willing to put in the time to cold call and follow-up with lot customers, you'll be making way more money than you did at Best Buy.
>>
>>724053095
You do what literally everyone else does who's about to do their job does. You begin a job hunt and try to find another.

It sounds like you're just a grunt at an electronics store which is probably only a couple bucks above min wage so it shouldn't be hard to match.

Try to get in on a trade somewhere, since you don't know the trade yet you'll likely start out as a grunt and maybe not even an apprentice, but do it anyhow. Get in on a machine shop (not assembly line, big difference), a butcher shop, a welding shop... or something like that. If you aren't going to college trades can give you a good middle class income once you're fully apprenticed into it.

And since you already have a job and have kept it awhile many employers would want to hire you. Just don't use any references that won't give you a good review. If you think your manager will badmouth you, say that you don't wish for them to contact your current employer and use the reason that bad things happen to guys jobhunting (which is true).

And know this. A new employer can only ask 3 things legally of a former employer and the former employer can ONLY discuss these 3 things.
1. Dates of Employment
2. Job Title
3. And is this employee eligible for rehire (but they aren't even allowed to ask or say why).

The reason being is this allows people who got fired to find a new job rather than get blackballed out of employment because one employer didn't like them....

Also, another thing is when you look for jobs ask for more, but still a reasonable and sane amount. And you can tell them you made more at your current/old job than you really did to help negotiation, they cannot legally contact prior employers and ask what you make....

So taking all that into consideration if you really job hunt, you should be able to find something in a month or two. In this economy everyone has to job hunt now and then and you have far more negotiation power to find a job while you still have one.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.