[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey yall, Currently I am building a new mod that i'm hoping

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0843.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0843.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
hey yall, Currently I am building a new mod that i'm hoping to get 8.4v and 120 max amp draw, with 6 batteries rated at 4.2v and 40A each.
>see diagram
my biggest question is how big of a resistor should i use with my Mosfet? and feel free to double check my work; i want to be safe, and accurate.
>>
File: Image-1.jpg (825KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
Image-1.jpg
825KB, 2576x1932px
self bumping with some pics of gf
>>
>>723886508
I would say at least 1.21 TxW and up.
>>
File: IMG_0149.jpg (909KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0149.jpg
909KB, 2576x1932px
>>
That seems like overkill, anon. Do you really need that much power?
>>
>>723886821
where would i buy one of those?
>>
File: IMG_0163.jpg (531KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0163.jpg
531KB, 2576x1932px
>>723887077
well i currently have a mod that i run at 500w, but i really want something with more battery life, and decent power. this would be strictly for home, not out and about
>>
>>723886508
All electrical sources have an internal resistance. This internal resistance limits the maximum current the battery can output. You may want a shunt capacitor on the village output to be able to deliver a higher instantaneous current before the voltage drops, but keep in mind that the cap will stay charged unless it has something to use the charge.
>>
>>723886508
haha you probably felt so smart drawing this out OP
>>
File: IMG_0844.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0844.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
here is a drawing of the box to scale with it being completed. final dimensions will be 10cm x 4cm x 17cm. it's big i know but ive looked at several different configurations aswell
>>
>>723887569
actually, I've taken several courses on technical drawing, and love putting my ideas on paper. measurable, and accurate drawings make me happy. so i didn't feel smart, just happy.
>>
>>723887828
lol the joke is that you don't seem to know a whole lot about electronics. Ohms law for fucks sake thats a day 1 kind of concept
>>
>>723887489
what exactly would a shunt capacitor do for me? i know enough about ohms law, and basic battery safety. However, when it comes to completely circuits, i have no idea what i'm doing which is why I've come you you all.
>>
>>723887957
i'm fully aware that i don't know these things, which is why I came here to ask for advice.
>>
>>723888054
Shunt cap could go in parallel with the load. Capacitors, in this application, are like batteries that can charge and discharge very quickly. If you draw too much current at once the voltage across the batteries will drop, but the cap would help prevent that and smooth changes in dc voltage. You may need a fairly large cap or a bank of caps for them to be effective.
There's a video of a guy shorting super capacitors charged to 2 volts (not much higher than a AA battery) and it welds/melts the nickel because it can apply that much current.
>>
>>723889132
okay, that makes sense, any idea what kind of figures i should be looking for as a goal to complete this build?
>>
>>723889359
Well, as far as the resistor for the mosfet I don't know that you need one. Mosfets turn off and on with a voltage, not a current like a bipolar transistor. If the get is n channel, you may have issues as they need a higher voltage than the voltage they are driving to switch. P channel you need lower (ie switch to ground) and have inverted logic from n channel.
For the cap bank, don't worry about it for now. Add it if you're having issues with supply enough instantaneous current. You would need to make sure the cap is rated for a high enough voltage for what you're doing. Higher farads mean more juice. I can't remember off the top of my head but I think series caps adds farads, parallel adds voltage (look it up).
>>
>>723889359
Well, as far as the resistor for the mosfet I don't know that you need one. Mosfets turn off and on with a voltage, not a current like a bipolar transistor. If the get is n channel, you may have issues as they need a higher voltage than the voltage they are driving to switch. P channel you need lower (ie switch to ground) and have inverted logic from n channel.
For the cap bank, don't worry about it for now. Add it if you're having issues with supply enough instantaneous current. You would need to make sure the cap is rated for a high enough voltage for what you're doing. Higher farads mean more juice. I can't remember off the top of my head but I think series caps adds farads, parallel adds voltage (look it up).
>>
>>723890288
thank you so much for breaking down the capacitors farads and parallel bits for me. the only reason i thought i might need a resistor with my mod was because thats what i see everyone else doing when i researched. could you maybe send a link with a mosfet that you would recommend? if i understood all this better, i would have less issues with finding parts; seeing im new to this I am having a hard time.
>>
>>723890725
https://oscarliang.com/how-to-use-mosfet-beginner-tutorial/
I've looked at this a few times before. Put a heat sink on you're mosfet, by the way. It will blow up if you're driving 500 watts without a heat sink.

Be safe
>>
>>723891449
i absolutely plan on being safe, and thank you again, help like this makes me glad i came here to ask questions.
>>
>>723891670
Next time checkout /diy/'s electronics thread (/ohm/) or "questions that don't deserve their own thread thread". Higher probability of useful replies, though it is a much slower board than /b/
>>
>>723892679
i posted on /sci/ but didnt even consider /diy/ of /ohm/... youre right though, lol
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.