[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would happen to religion if scientists created life

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 2xcluster.jpg (1MB, 1914x1072px) Image search: [Google]
2xcluster.jpg
1MB, 1914x1072px
what would happen to religion if scientists created life in a laboratory?
>>
>>723796209
Scientists have created life in a laboratory. Google it.

Godtards, as ever, just ignore any facts they don't happen to like.
>>
I'd fuck it
>>
what would happen to Homer Simpson if scientists created life in a laboratory?
>>
>>723796648
No idea what you're referring to
Scientists have not created life in a laboratory
>>
If they every create a complex thing like the another universe, then that person would be another God. If he cloned a mouse or some other mammal, then he's simply using the brain that God gave him. Not too long ago, some civilizations called airplanes "Gods"
>>
>>723796648
I think op means if scientists were able to create life from nothing more than the basic building blocks of life. Combining an egg and sperm don't count.
>>
Religion would still exist. From the existence of other planets to pedophilia allegations there's nothing the church won't deny to stay in power.
>>
>>723796648
They just dont agknowledge that self replicating micro organisms that barely resemble a cell count as life.

They seem hung up on making one of gods creations in a petri dish... which is of course impossible and means they cant lose.
>>
>>723796993
>>723797093
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_gene_synthesis
>>
>>723797379

Scientists haven't been able to re-create the conditions under which life can emerge from non-living organic precursors (or at least we haven't been told about it.)

BUT, they have been able to re-create conditions that lead to RNA precursors.

And in 2014, researchers were able to synthesize two new DNA bases (X and Y) that don't occur in nature and successfully splice them into the genetic structure of E. coli bacteria cells.

They also coded those cells to reject and destroy any descendants that didn't carry on the new synthetic bases.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.