[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure what to do here boys here's my story:

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1422028614609.jpg (129KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1422028614609.jpg
129KB, 1024x768px
I'm not sure what to do here boys
here's my story:

>used to have this only friend in high school
>hang out all the time
>do everything together
>once we graduated and went to college we parted ways
>he remained and introvert and pretty much spent all his time alone
>I managed to find myself in a group, made a lot of friends
>started smoking more weed, drinking, doing other shit, the full 'college experience'
>ff about 3-4 years
>try to keep in touch with old friend whenever I'm in town during that time
>no response, ever
>think to myself "maybe he doesn't like how I've changed over the years?"
>then think "maybe he's just so used to being alone he doesn't want to see me anymore?"
>I think I did change, but I'm still the same person at the core so theres no need for him to be 'afraid' of what I turned into or whatever
>sometimes we would hang out, have a good time but after we wouldn't see eachother for another couple months or so
>if it wasn't for my efforts to keep our friendship alive, we would have stopped being friends around 3 years ago

What do I do /b/? do I let him go and forget that we were best friends in high school or do I keep trying to be his friend, is that any good for him tho?

Its been on my mind for some time now and I still don't know how to deal with this...I have new friends now but none of them I can be as close and as 'myself' as I can with him
>>
if you have to really try to be friends with someone, i'd say it's not working out
>>
>>723737457
he just became one of those people who want to stay at home all day, play vidya and avoid human interaction forever.

To each their own but I know him man, I think he knows we're still gonna be friends, he's just fine seeing me like 2-3 times a year.

I'm trying to provide him with that dose of 'normal' for people our age. If it's not for me then he'd have noone to hang out with and just grow up to be miserable and alone.

Whenever I come over and we watch a movie or just talk shit he seems genuinely into it, I think he just spent too much time alone
>>
similar situation here, but not with one friend, but several. some have different reasons than others but after all I just try to keep in contact with the most important ones.
me also not sure, but perhaps it will change again one day
>>
>>723737914
you are just trying to put the blame on /b/ you will abandon him
>>
>>723737994
sometimes I think that once people hit that college phase, they start to lose old friends and make new ones. It happened to me with most people I know, but if theres nothing stopping me and that guy from still being friends then I don't understand why I should just forget him
>>
>>723738192
what? I don't want to, thats the point of my thread, I'm asking if I should, if anyone had a similar experience and how they dealt with it and if it worked out at the end.

I mentioned earlier that I was ok with some of my other friends leaving, its just the way things went but he doesn't seem like the person that would prefer to stop being friends. I think he just likes the thought of having a friend out there, but not necessarily hang out with him all the time like we used to
>>
>>723738637
don't do it then, problem solved
>>
File: images (3).jpg (38KB, 314x469px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
38KB, 314x469px
I think just try and get him out in a group situation. If he doesn't want to/doesnt try then move on. Two way Street and all that.
>>
>>723738810
yea but is it gonna work? this feels like a friendship on life support, like he's just waiting for me to pull the plug.

If I knew its the better thing to do I'd let him go, but as it stands I'm pretty much his only friend. I'm not sure if me constantly trying to be a friend to him does him any good. Should people like that be left alone? or should I just keep doing what I'm doing, hoping that he might change his mind somewhere down the line and decide to socialize more?
>>
he just wants to keep this autistic attitude. he has convinced himself he doesn't need friends anymore and has to pretend he doesn't want to keep in touch. Just keep it up man
>>
>>723739220
see it from his pov when you leave him, do you like it ?
>>
>>723739690
I'm telling myself I do, like this anon mentioned >>723739512
but in the long run I think it'll slowly sink in that the only person that wanted to be in touch with me I've neglected to the point where he left, and now I'm realizing how much I fucked up
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.