[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It has been a fascinating experience to teach myself how to brush

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

It has been a fascinating experience to teach myself how to brush my teeth with my left hand. After 12 days, I can pin myself at about 90% fluency + naturalness compared to natural right-handed toothbrushing.
I started off fumbling around with very uncomfortable brushing motions that weren't doing much benefit to my teeth, and trying to get the right rapid-fire pattern of tightly controlled activation in my shoulders and elbows. Eventually I was able to recognize some of the inefficiencies in my motor pattern and mirror some of the nuances I noticed in the large-scale motor pattern in my right hand, such as the shape of my grip on brush, the pivot point of the pressure on the brush, the coordinated movement of my head to accommodate the brush on various rows of teeth, the subtle motion I would use to flip from the inside to the outside of teeth, and a sweeping motion I'd use to move between left, center, and right. Eventually this became quite natural, and now I feel like the whole hand/arm/upper body/head motor complex for this movement has been sufficiently "programmed" such that refinements would only come from further repetition to myelinate motor neuron pathways and calibrate connections in the cerebellum.
I highly recommend teaching yourself skills with the other hand, other foot, new skills, or what have you, in order to keep your brain fresh and young, and to always be in the mindset of installing new brain circuitry (increased neuroplasticity can't hurt either). These are quite literally cognitive programs we can download into our OS and run!
>>
>>723634064
If we assume there's something to the left-brain/right-brain hypothesis (left brain more creative, right brain more logical/systematic), and with the knowledge that each brain hemisphere operates the opposite half of the body, does teaching the other side of your brain new tricks allow you to develop a new level of coordination of that aspect of your brain's abilities? For example, if you are a righty, teaching your left hand new movements might coordinate the more creative side of your brain (right side) such that creative thoughts and coordinated cognition are more fluid and controlled; a lefty teaching their right hand new movements might allow for a more controlled systematic scientific thought process to develop. This would all be occurring through enhanced connection between motor control circuits and cognitive control circuits, and would need to be occurring in order for motor skill development (as we are discussing here) to have an effect on cognitive control or on cognition at all. Maybe this even more tightly links up bilateral control in the cerebellum for coordinated communication between hemispheres and their driving of movements (along with the relationship between bodily movement and coordination of thought)? Pure speculation, but a cool thought I just had on all this and the potential here.
>>
Nigger
>>
File: Attach8299_20170209_231837.jpg (84KB, 728x726px) Image search: [Google]
Attach8299_20170209_231837.jpg
84KB, 728x726px
>>
>>723634501
think about it
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.