[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was thinking about getting a CLP or a CPP as my next tech certification.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: logo.png (28KB, 200x160px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
28KB, 200x160px
I was thinking about getting a CLP or a CPP as my next tech certification. Is it worth the paper it is written on?
>>
File: g-side.png (260KB, 498x1480px) Image search: [Google]
g-side.png
260KB, 498x1480px
>>
Learn C. C++ is a meme. Literal POO language.
>>
I already know C and C++. My question was more in reference to the marketability of the certification.
>>
C if goat. C++ is shit, with all its imported libaries, it makes for shitty applications and shittier programmers. learned C++ and C i only use C.
>>
>>723574079
no one cares about C++ its all about C get that certification. C is on the way to the top again.
>>
I know no language other than broken english.

I think that you are better to just learn the skills you intend to use than the BS these idiots think they can waste your time forcing down your neck.

I feel I could produce a working pyphon before the day is done should I feel the motivation to complete it.
>>
I currently am employed using ArcGIS a ton; moreover, I have in the past few years used Python mostly(Also to say that I used Python in a very industry/application specific way). So basically I'm looking to grab a cert that will have more general appeal being that I suspect that I may be back on the job market in the next 2 years.
>>
Who the fuck gets certificates for programming languages? Are you not able to pick up a new language and use it within a week or three of self studies?

If I read a job application that said that the person has a certificate in the language I would be hiring for, I would immediately conclude that he knows nothing about programming in general.

How many carpenters have a certificate for using a hammer?
>>
>>723575249
I'm a certified mechanic and trust me, this shit helps down the line.

There was even this one friend that avoided legal troubles because he was Gasoil certified and some stupid fuck wanted an impossible job. Turns out you can't sue a technician that knows his shit and has prove about it.

Off course I get your point tho. Not everybody with a degree is cualified for the jobs they are expected to perform. But they weed out the more unlikely to be apt.
>>
>>723576349
> certificates for programming languages

I'm awell aware that certificates are required in other fields...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.