[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/b/ why do people keep interrupting me and cutting me off when

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: Robbie_Rotten_lazytown_02.gif (54KB, 273x343px) Image search: [Google]
Robbie_Rotten_lazytown_02.gif
54KB, 273x343px
/b/ why do people keep interrupting me and cutting me off when I'm speaking? This is something that I've been noticing recently. Whenever I'm speaking, regardless of whether or not I was asked a question or just wanted to say something, people seem to cut me off and interrupt me, without apologizing or anything, and without acknowledging what I just said.

I've noticed both friends, colleagues, and teachers doing this. I don't know why they would do such a thing; I don't speak rudely or incomprehensibly, and I don't drone on and on to the point where people get annoyed with me. Why is this happening?
>>
People suck. Just pull a Colin Powell, punch the table and say "Let me finish." enough times and people will get it.
>>
>>723537271
Maybe you are boring
>>
>>723537405
I mean a lot of times this happens either when people go out of their way to ask me a question, or I'm contributing genuine ideas to the discussion or project that will end up helping us in some way.
>>
being alone is the shit anyway
people suck indeed
>>
>>723537389
But the way they do it so casually makes me think that they would get offended and not realize that what they just did was rude. Also I can't talk back to professors or senior colleagues as I need to earn their respect.
>>
>>723537555
People do suck, but unfortunately you may sometimes have to mingle with them. I am in one of those situations right now where I can't avoid people.
>>
>>723537271
I'm sorry if I have cut you off this week. Each time I notice it, but it's too late and I see in your eyes that it makes you less and less interested in dialogue. Sad thing is I still have a crush on you, and silence is hard to tolerate, hence why I have to speak all the time in your presence. Note how I don't speak much when you're not around. And then you appear, and suddenly you light me up and make my heart pound in my chest. Each morning I see you and I swear my cardio is done for the day. Sigh. Maybe if I was a bit younger then I'd have a chance. In the meantime, so so sorry to cut you off sometimes.
>>
>>723538119
That's a really weird thing for my elderly female professor to think.
>>
>>723538312
wink ;-)

I'm sorry. I replied to you, but I was also apologizing to someone else at the same time. Cutting you off may not be intentional for everyone, and some who do it will certainly feel bad about it. It sucks when it happens to me, and it sucks even more when I do it to someone else.
>>
>>723537610
Tell them it's rude. Tell them you don't like being "deliberately excommunicated" from the conversation. Stand your ground. That alone is respectable.
>>
File: 1387424878243.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1387424878243.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>723537271
My grandmother has a habit of cutting me off when I'm talking sometimes. Honestly, if I feel it's important enough I just ignore her, raise my voice slightly, and keep on talking.

I guess what I'm getting at is if it bothers you, just be more assertive when they attempt to cut you off. Within reason of course.
>>
File: JEGywS.gif (2MB, 400x166px) Image search: [Google]
JEGywS.gif
2MB, 400x166px
>>723537271
>I don't drone on and on
>/b/ why do people keep interrupting me and cutting me off when I'm speaking? This is something that I've been noticing recently. Whenever I'm speaking, regardless of whether or not I was asked a question or just wanted to say something, people seem to cut me off and interrupt me, without apologizing or anything, and without acknowledging what I just said.
>I've noticed both friends, colleagues, and teachers doing this. I don't know why they would do such a thing; I don't speak rudely or incomprehensibly, and I don't drone on and on to the point where people get annoyed with me. Why is this happening?

You're in denial. The first step is always admitting you have a problem.
>Pic related is me reading your post.
>>
>>723537271
Practice concision.
>>
>>723540212
k
>>
>>723540079
Ok so what am I denying? I am sure about the things I said but if I am presented with compelling enough evidence/ideas that I am wrong then I will accept that.
>>
>>723537526
It use to hapen to me , but i tell you now something inportant, dont mind wath others think about you or about what you have saied because there will be always something thats gonna sound rude fot the others and you wouldnt notice it (sorry for bad english, not my first lenguaje)
>>
File: stonedbob.jpg (73KB, 625x467px) Image search: [Google]
stonedbob.jpg
73KB, 625x467px
>>723540288
>>
>>723540493
If you're like me you probably ramble on about 20 different things or take too long to explain something. Youll get cut off because everyone knows they have to to get you to shut up. But, then they take it too far.

Im speaking from my own experiences though, dunno what you're like. If everyone you know is doing it though, you are the only common factor.
>>
>>723542030
This might be it. Sometimes I feel as if I ramble about 20 things but I always speak for an acceptable duration. However on some occassions I've only been able to get literally three or four words out before I'm cut off.
>>
>>723540546
>not my first lenguaje

?Hablas espanol? Te hablo ahora mismo en espanol porque una de las personas quien me interrumpe es mi profesora de espanol. De verdad no es muy saludable siempre preocuparse de lo que dicen los otros, pero tal vez hay que someterse a los jefes; ellos que mandan. Asi me importa porque quiero parecerles inteligente y bieneducado.
>>
>>723537271
People interrupt each other all the time, I suspect that you're just noticing it now. Get to the point faster, your audience is waiting for their opening and they'll derail you for their turn.
>>
>>723542873
But why is it that people speak longer than me and get annoyed more quickly than I do?
>>
>>723537271
it's because you say things like "both" and then list three things

kys
>>
>>723542767
Genial

Si es cierto lo que dices, el respeto solo con quien sea necesario, agachar la cabeza unicamente si es necesario , pero con los demas no , la gente sule usar de mala manera a las personas buenas y respetuosas , yo es sido asi hasta terminar la secuandaria , luego no lo soporte, solo la gente que realmente me escucha esta a mi lado
>>
>>723543189
Right? Kekkers
>>
>>723543256
Gracias amigo. Me gustaria pasarme por la vida asi, pero de estudiante en la universidad, quiero cercer relaciones buenas con mis profesores y estudiantes seniores de mis organizaciones estudiantiles. Por eso me doy miedo revolver el interrumpe cuando me interrumpen ellos; usualmente tiraria en la basura alguien quien no me sirva si no me gusta el, pero aqui no tengo esta opcion.

?De hablar de cosa diferente, como es mi espanol? Quiero mejorarme el espanol y practico cada dia pero raramente puedo hablar con hispanohablante.
>>
>>723543629
Es muy bueno , usted no tubo ningun error , yo quisiera mejorar mi ingles, no pracrico usualmente pero estoy constantemente leyendo y escuchando hablar en ingles, me gustaria conocerlo (no homo) seria de mucha ayuda para los dos
>>
>>723537271
Train yourself to ignore them and keep right on talking.

If you didn't have that much more to say, make shit up to extend your point.

The looks on people's faces are priceless when they try to interrupt you and it just doesn't work
>>
>>723543629
De cualquier manera supongo que usted es Americano , yo estoy muy lejos, muy muy lejos.

Con respecto a lo de la universidad creo que usted tiene razon, yo en su situacion simplemente me callaria y no hablaria mucho , solamente si se me pregunta directamente
>>
>>723537271
>you're boring
>you have a really annoying voice
>you're too beta
>the way you talk is awkward and not to the point
>you're absent minded and can't pick up on social cues/body language
Any of these things could be your problem, don't expect us to fix your problem without giving examples of your faggotry.
>>
>>723544665
I'm not bringing a camera to all of my conversations in the hopes that I'll be able to catch my social cucking on camera. I suppose I'll just work on all of those things at once.
>>
>>723544355
Si, vivo en los EEUU. ?De donde eres tu? Si tienes un perfil de Steam podemos hablar mas (en ingles o espanol, te puedo ayudar con el ingles si quieres)
>>
OP, here's a simple body language trick for you: Whoever you're talking to, hold eye contact. Direct, intense eye contact.

Watch how they magically start interrupting you less.
>>
>>723544996
Yo soy de Argentina , el nombre de usuario es Mordiland
>>
>>723545204

it's even better if you grab them by the neck.
>>
>>723545602
What about the pussy?
>>
>>723537271
I sometimes accedentally cut off people because they're so low energy. Be awake, be aware of what you're saying. Make eye contact and speak up. You're not socially present enough so you just get ignored. Not always on purpose prolly, but it happens in many different situations so it must be you.
>>
>>723545551
Steam me dice que no se puede encontrar el usuario "mordiland" pero aqui esta mi perfil http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050619764/
>>
>>723537271
OP, I literally stopped reading your post halfway down the first paragraph because I stopped caring. But yeah. Same problem.
>>
>>723546149
At least you can't interrupt a post that's already been made
>>
>>723545879
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026882099/
No puedo , estoy con el telefono, ese es el mio
Me habia confundido el nombre
>>
>>723537610
You think you'll get their respect by being a bitch?
>>
File: 1464300963155.jpg (29KB, 453x504px) Image search: [Google]
1464300963155.jpg
29KB, 453x504px
Get to the fucking point quicker, faggot.
>>
Two solotions, make what you say straight to the point and easy to follow or just call them out on that shit and stop being such a beta. It is kinda a social thing, and they expect you to be fine with it (to not make a scene) so they continue to do it. Once you start making a scene, people will catch on. Soon after it be happening as much
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.