[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one good reason why you don't use GNU/Linux.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 2000px-Gnulinux.svg.png (548KB, 2000x2271px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Gnulinux.svg.png
548KB, 2000x2271px
Give me one good reason why you don't use GNU/Linux.
>you can't
>>
>Games
Done.

I actually do use Debian (both on my home server, raspberry pi, and as a VM on my windows gaming machine).
>>
>>723522865
Use Wine for any that will work, and for the others just either use a virtualized Windows OS or dual boot every so often. I use Linux 99% of the time but dual boot it with Win10 for games every now and then and couldn't be happier
>>
i do
>>
>>723522629
I don't use it because I'm not a faggot like op and I want a computer that actually does stuff.
>>
>>723523349
>dual boot
so /thread?
>>
>>723524094
It says why you don't use it, not why you don't use it all the time
>>
because it doesnt do anything that i do better than windows. ive used linux and freebsd at work, both on desktops and servers because it was actually useful for what we did. but ive never had it installed on any of my personal computers because for my uses its inferior.
>>
>>723523349
>Wine
Wine doesn't play most modern games and if it does, there is considerable performance loss.
>"virtualized windows os"
So gaming in a VM is okay if you use a hyper-visor like kvm with pci-e pass-through. However, it is still not worth the effort and extra steps if you use your desktop primarily for gaming.
>Duel boot
Fuck that. I did this for years through college. I had a paritioned hard-drive at first and eventually had dedicated drives for each os I ran. That shit was a waste of time. Maintaining one host OS is much less work.
>I use linux 99% of the time
Well I don't. I use linux on my desktop anywhere between 0 and 4 hours a week for personal development projects. All professional work is done on my work laptop. All server work is done via ssh. The raspberry pi basically sits unused. Fuck all that.
>>
>>723524316
If you want to nitpick, anyone who has an Android phone uses Linux. Anyone who uses the internet uses servers that run on Linux. That would be just about everybody.
This thread is bait, if the only answer to the OP's question (gaming) is going to bet met with 'dual boot'.
>>
>>723524653
>GNU/Linux
>Android running Linux
Choose one
>>
>>723524943
Or choose both. Lil' Debi

https://guardianproject.info/code/lildebi/
>>
>compatibility
There I gave you the reason why no one uses linux
>>
File: 1435992172160.jpg (93KB, 669x514px) Image search: [Google]
1435992172160.jpg
93KB, 669x514px
>>723525167
>no one uses linux
wat
>>
>>723525507
>no one cares if they use linux
fixed that for you
>>
posting on a derivative of arch linux, playing games on windows 10, ssh on both machines into various private servers. comfi and immune to all bullshit >>/g/ threads
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.