[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey mathletes I need help with question 17. Anyone know how to

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Snapchat-1270503545.jpg (601KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1270503545.jpg
601KB, 1440x2560px
Hey mathletes I need help with question 17. Anyone know how to do this with an explanation. Thank you so much.
>>
it's indeterminate at the value x=2, which means it's 0/0. Take the derivative of the top and the derivative of the bottom evaluated at x=2
>>
i tought my math was difficult, damn
>>
>>723405199
nice b8 m8
>>
you should really have no trouble with 17 if you were able to do any of the other problems, all of these limits involve indeterminate functions
>>
>>723404904
the function f has two possible outputs. an equation or k. Therefore the function is continuous if k equals the equation.

Probably you should put -(2/7) as x into the equation an chose the result as k.
>>
>>723405703
Not necessarily. Some of them you can just factor out some (x-a) to get rid of the singularity in the denominator
>>
>>723405864
okay. doesn't work. You can't do it.

gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>723404904
Pls add sets to the top of the function
>>
Answer is 8. Multiply top and bottom by the conjugate of the denominator and it's easy after that
>>
Thank everyone for replying
>>
>>723404904
>Answer is 8. Multiply top and bottom by the conjugate of the denominator and it's easy after that
Thank you :)
>>
As said, in x=2, the fraction is undefined (otherwise, it would give 0/0). So you want to know what the fraction tends to when x approaches 2. Then you would make k equal this limit.

The way to do it here is to multiply both the numerator and denominator by:

√(7x+2) + √(6x+4)

The denominator becomes:

(7x+2) - (6x+4) = x-2

which cancels out with the x-2 of the numerator, leaving:

f(x) = √(7x+2) + √(6x+4), if x≥-2/7 and x≠2

Calculate the limit of this function when x approaches 2: you get 4+4 = 8, your value of k.
>>
>>723408566

Fuck! Took me too long to find those stupid symbols and write the whole thing. Hope it helps, though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.