[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will religion still exist if we have a chance to live in other

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Will religion still exist if we have a chance to live in other planets and find other sapient life ?
>>
>>723373049
don't underestimate the stupidity of religion
>>
They'll just move the goal post one step further like they have been doing since the dawn of man
>>
>>723373241
lmfao
it's not stupidity
it's willful ignorance
>>
>>723373049
Of course it will
After all the scientific and technological advances we've made, religion is still here. Some schmuck is find a passage of the bible and interpret it in a way that seems as though God wanted us to spread His message to other planets this whole time
>>
File: snout lad.jpg (74KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
snout lad.jpg
74KB, 1024x683px
>>723373049

Outside western countries there are so many people who are not only like "Simple Jack" when it comes to intelligence but also need comfort which is easy to get from religion.

I'd say life on another planet would be very harsh at first which would lead to religions.

And unless you get rid of the need for comfort that medicine, laws, safety, etc. give us, there will always be religions - just because people like to be comforted by something.
>>
File: ROAR.jpg (177KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
ROAR.jpg
177KB, 2048x1365px
>>723373049
being a religious person i can tell you what will happen.

>find new planets
>bring said religions
>goverments will give them free funding to make sure there is equal distribution of each religion
>including the ones that have no historical importance
>CO$
>find some type of intelligent life
>religious context will be re-written

remember that scene in Prometheus where michael fassbender tells the main character

>You still believe after everything you know is false

Her response after that is
>Who created them then

Thats what will happen
>>
It'll just be another episode of Manifest Destiny.
"Oh hey, look at these awesome new planets GOD put here for us to find/colonize/drain of all resources."
>>
>>723373049
idiots will always exist
>>
>>723374369
I feel like they fall under the same categorie to a degree.

But if anything it will probably only expand from there. And thats okay.

What I worry about is if those fucks didnt have religion to lean their head on. Just because they dont believe in god anymore doesnt mean they will just suddenly accept science.

>praise the alien race which formed us
>>
>>723373049
Alien races will exterminate us when they realize some of us have embraced the deadly fascism of liberal ideology.

They won't let it spread. They'll kill us all.
>>
>>723376592
what if they also have religions
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.