[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does curry call for coconut milk? I'm making it for

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Why does curry call for coconut milk? I'm making it for the first time and ji at wanted to.know what the purpose of the coconut milk is for
>>
Flavour, and it makes a nice thick sauce.
>>
>>723302580
So it thickens it.up?
>>
>>723302497
Use less than the recipe specifies unless you want to be chubby like Indians.
>>
Tastes creamy and delicious, plus adds texture. You don't need it,but I love it in my curry (been working on an eggplant curry recipe for the past few months)
>>
>>723302497
It provides some soothing texture when the spices explode out your ass...
>>
>>723302954
Fucking this. If you're not using coconut milk, you're not making a curry dipshit.
>>
>>723303138
wtf is wrong with white people?
>>
>>723302497
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+fucking+hard+is+it+to+use+Google%3F
>>
>>723302497
you should try wapanese curry it is easier to make and it tastes better in my opinion because it has a more delicate flavor
>>
>>723302497
Capsicum (the thing in chilis that causes the "heat") is not water soluble. So drinking water if you've done the Ghost Pepper challenge is a waste of time.

It is fat soluble though. So anything dairy will ease the heat sensation. Milk, or better yogurt is the best thing for stupid bastards that eat a Reaper pepper.

By putting coconut milk, or cream, in a curry, you're getting the taste of the chili, but not so much of the heat.
>>
>>723302497
Softens the harsh spicy flavor with sweetness and gives the end result a smoother texture. Not necessary, but a solid addition IF you know what you're doing.
>>
OP i like to put little little bit of sake in it, it rly aids to that taste that is ONLY IF you make it with coconut milk ofc, try it!
>>
>>723303864
this here. This is also why raita exists.
>>
File: fuck_off.jpg (15KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_off.jpg
15KB, 320x256px
>>723303330
>posting a link instead of a gif
fuck off
>>
ITT: White People.

Thai Curry requires coconut milk for a major part of the flavor. Otherwise it just tastes like garlic anus.
>>
>>723302720
the fat in coconut milk metabolizes differently than normal fats so its not as bad as, say, cooking oil.

use lite if your concerned
>>
>>723302497
It's a sweet mixture that adds a twist on curry, it's a thickening agent as well
>>
>>723302720
>coconut milk makes you chubby
shut up retard
>>
>>723304446
>Thai curry
that's clearly Indian curry
>>
>>723302497
>making it for the first time
It never really tastes like curry unless you use fenugreek leaves, which you usually have to find at an ethnic food market.
>>
>>723305029
Like, it does
Try swapping regular milk for coconut milk and eating that shit for breakfast every day
>>
>>723305351
Thanks anon
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.