[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i just solved gaining unlimited power in space. >build

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: space.jpg (12KB, 300x187px) Image search: [Google]
space.jpg
12KB, 300x187px
so i just solved gaining unlimited power in space.

>build a windmill type structure or more on the ship
>add a small rocket on them
>set off rocket for 3 seconds to get them going
>they will never stop because no friction

What ya think?
>>
>>723272814
I'm trying to figure out what makes this wrong
>>
How do you get power out of the windmill? Any contraption that uses momentum to generate electricity has a little bit of friction.
>>
Kyle?
>>
The rotor/windmill that's spinning, is attached to something, so there's necessarily friction, from the axle to the turbine.

Even though it's lessened by being in space, it's still not infinite energy
>>
>>723273040
It's not even lessened by being in space, you could do that on earth in a vacuum.

The extremely low gravity is what's helping it.
>>
>>723272814
It's wrong because there would be no fire cause vacuum in space so it wouldn't start, unless you keep it in an air filled room and in that case there is going to be friction from the air that we breath that is brought in the spaceship, further questions?
>>
>>723272814

Retard OP doesn't know about Thermodynamics.
>>
>>723272814
NOPE!! NOT POSSIBLE!! NOT TODAY!! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! AS IF!! WHEN PIGS FLY!! WHEN NIGGERS GO TO THE ZOO!!
>>
>>723273193
is that your mums cunt?
>>
There is nothing to make the windmill spin. A windmill spins because of, you guessed it, the wind. There is no wind in space (save for solar wind, but that's an entirely different story), so the windmill wouldn't be powered. And even if there was enough gas for the windmill to turn, that gas would cause friction and also hit the blades of the windmill, causing the ship to slowly stop. This would result in it needing to fire off the rockets again, and this would cost more power than the windmill generated from the gas.
>>
>>723273028
Not me, im not this stupid
>>
Doesn't work...first of all it's impossible to not have friction in a system like that. Second of all their would be resistance because the windmill needs to be hooked up to something that converts the kinetic energy of the windmill to another type of power, which would take energy out of the system either slowing down the windmill until all the energy is taken out of the system, or requiring the rockets to be on forever.
>>
>>723273426
fine have solar powered panels as the windmill blades they can power the rockets too.
>>
>>723273526

solar power can power the lights, but it can't get even close to harnessing enough power to fuel a rocket. To harness that kind of power you would need massive fucking solar panels, like miles and miles long. But the problem is once the solar panels are that big a simple rocket isn't going to be big enough to move them...cuz now you have solar panels that weigh a fucking trillion tons.

The only way we can create "unlimited" energy is fusion, and even that is subject to running out of hydrogen fuel.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.