[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have smooth black walls in flat and i want to paint them white.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

i have smooth black walls in flat and i want to paint them white. what should i buy and do? by myself, i don't want to hire painters.
pachimari lantern for attention.
>>
>>723247076
White paint. Roll brushes. Paint tins for roll brushes. That blue tape shit.

Are you fucking retarded
>>
>>723247076
Sand first to take some of the darkness out of the color. Then lots of coats of white. You may be able to get away with only 3 white costs if you sand well.

We went over cadbury purple with two white coats with no prior sanding.
>>
>>723247076
GOTO diy board numbnuts
>>
>>723247149
what with holes ? how do i get rid of previous (black) color ? yes i;m retarded so i want to learn something to eventually become a valuable member of society.
>>
>>723247076
Try white paint
>>
>>723247253
do i need some kind of primer between sanding and painting ?
>>723247295
it's random board so i can place questions also here.
>>
>>723247302
You paint over the fucking color dumbass. Sand it down a bit. GOOGLE. Waste of space
>>
>>723247076
You can get paint with a primer mixed in. Spackle the holes and sand them down then apply the coats of paint. Two coats probably.
>>
>>723247302
at first you buy LOADS of sandpaper,
then scrap off the old paint eith small, circling movements. then you need to lay down a layer of green, as this neutralises the natural red tint white paint has. then you put on the white paint. done. do it right, and you'll be happier with the outcome
>>
File: carpet.jpg (1012KB, 1658x1094px)
carpet.jpg
1012KB, 1658x1094px
>>723247426
i tried to google it but all i got was people talking about paint quality so i decided to ask something that isn't artificial.
carpet for those who like them.
>>
As someone who does this on a regular basis, this is what you do:

If you're cheap; >>723247149
is right.
You'll need to cover the ground, and get a few coats of paint on the wall if the color is very dark, as is your case; you'll probably need at least 4-5 to get that sparkling white. The number of layers depends on how cheap you were with the paint.
Buy latex based paint, it covers better and
lightly sand the painted wall between each layer to promote the next layer's good adherance.

Make sure you tape everything, you don't want to paint, and get some plastic sheeting for the ground. Get a brush for the hard to get places, and make sure you wrap your roll in plastic so keep it from drying if you plan to do layers over a couple of days.

When you're rolling the paint, cross paint layers, one vertical, the other horizontal, while lightly sanding that shit.

That's how you get museum style perfect white. Oh and don't forget to fill up holes beforehand using either a finish filler if it's only small holes/cracks or classic filler for bigger holes. Sand that shit well and make sure you leave to try an adequate amount of time. Use a masson's spatula to spread that shit right.
>>
what should i use to fill the holes ?
>>
>>723248601
Polyfilla
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.