[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was the shortest time youve been at a job? Ive been at

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 1

File: 1487730026094.jpg (50KB, 627x788px) Image search: [Google]
1487730026094.jpg
50KB, 627x788px
what was the shortest time youve been at a job?

Ive been at my current job for 2 weeks and now a company that I previously applied for called me and wants me to come in to hear an offer. I'm leaning towards taking it in hopes of them offering me more money ideally but if I do take it I'm going to feel like a piece of shit telling my current boss I'm leaving already.

pic unrelated
>>
>>723226595
One week, on two occasions.

First was at a factory grinding celery powder and packaging it for mass shipping. Wore hearing protection, breathing protection, and worked with a fuckton of Mexicans; all added up to me not learning shit because I couldn't understand anybody and couldn't ask because of the language barrier.

Second was returning to a kitchen I worked in for about a year and a half. Instead of returning as a driver though, I returned as a dishwasher. I was scheduled for three days my first week, took one off, and quit again unceremoniously.

Do what's right for you. They'll get over it if you fuck them and replace you with somebody else. The world will go on.
>>
>>723226595
one time i worked at a pizza place for a month
>>
>>723227334

appreciate the encouragement. i havent even heard the new offer yet so for all I know they may offer me what I make now and then there would really be no point in switching. though i feel like id probably benefit from working for the new company vs my current one but i guess ill just see how it plays out.
>>
>>723226595
One day.

Spent one day at UPS overnight truck loading. They threw me into loading up three trucks in my first hour and by the time the trucks were supposed to leave I was the last one loading the trucks. The three driver were pissed as fuck yelling at me and I told them to fuck off. Didn't show up again.

I'm a piece of shit but that was one situation where I felt justified. I've never "put my two weeks in," I've just simply stopped showing up to my jobs.

It's not a good thing to do at all. I basically don't have a resume with work experience.
>>
>>723226595
1 day in a small company that made wooden kitchen tables and chairs. I was hired to package the finished stuff. When they showed me around during the interview they told me they have some machine with suction cups that can easily lift and move the tables. When I started my first day they told me the machine has been broken for 6 months. Just that wouldn't have been enough to make me quit but the intense taste of varnish in my mouth when I ate my lunch was enough to have me finish the day and never return. I couldn't eat dinner that night and I kept burping air that tasted like varnish. No regret leaving that job.
>>
In this day and age, be selfish. Make yourself #1. Listen to the offer and if its more money take the job. It's very simple and easy.
>>
>>723228951

yeah thats the thing that annoys me if I do take the new job is I cant use the current job I have no on a resume.

>>723229109
sounds miserable. on the plus side of leaving a job like that is you arent really losing out on experience.
>>
>>723229342

yeah thats what I'm hoping will happen. on the plus side if it falls through I still have a decent job where i'm at now. either way I'm definitely not job hunting anymore while having a job. at least not until I gain more milage with the job.
>>
>>723226595
29 years, not lying. My first job started in 1988 just out of high school, and I've been there ever since. Yes, I am old.
>>
>>723229778

im assuming youve moved up within the company though/got raises? for 30 fucking years I'm sure it has been worth it in some sense
>>
>>723226595
2 days at a place that makes the giant billboard signs. Minimum wage temp. 1st day: I have to swab down metal with Acetone, no safety gear, drive home high and headache from sniffing fumes. 2nd day: assisting guy in fire room spraying down coating on signs. Called fire room because if there is a spark the entire room gets turned into a fireball. Room is so rest of factory doesn't get damaged. Guy I'm assisting making $37/hr , part of which is hazard pay. One door to room, surrounding door area is where flammables are stored, also favourite area for assholes to smoke. I said fuck this, told temp agency I wasn't going back. Middle manager fuck all from agency giving me shit about how he doesn't have anyone to take position at sign company. I said fuck this quite temp agency. Trying to earn money for college, took out another loan instead.
>>
>>723230011
I knew an overnight stocker that had worked at a place for 17 years and never had any kind of promotion and made $1.50 more than I did when I first started. This is corporate America. You don't get shit just because you're loyal and work hard.
>>
>>723232958
Saddest but truest
>>
>>723230776
Call OSHA and have them ass rape both billboard company and temp agency.

Unless you don't live in a western country. Then youre kinda sol.
>>
I was at a job for nly a day. It was at a patio furniture manufacturer and my job was to take the chairs and tables off the overhead conveyer on which they were heat painted. They came off the line at 400 degrees or some shit, and it sucked ass.

If anything, you can use this other offer as a bargaining chip to get better pay at your current job.
>>
>>723232958
>>723230011
There is a small grocery store chain in Idaho and Washington called 'Rosauers'. Some of the people who work there (in the retail stores, not in the corporate office or something) have been there for almost 40 years. I don't understand why. It's a union-type job, so you eventually cap out at a certain pay that is below $20 per hour.
>>
>>723233124
Word. I was working at some retail job in a department store for about a year and a half. I was making about $9.16/hour

I was talking with a co-worker who was a fulltimer like myself, who was also a keyholder and who had been with the company for 16 years. SIXTEEN YEARS.

She made about $10.25.

Oh and she got 1 week extra vacation time than me.
>>
>>723226595
weird thing happening to me, whenever i try to upload an image i get
>error: upload failed

anyone know what this is?
>>
>>723234015
Sounds like there was an error and your upload failed
>>
>>723234015
Image uploading is down currently.
>>
>>723234100
why? is hiroshimoot being a fag again?
>>
>>723226595
For myself, pretty long, never less than a year. I own a small company tho, fairly high staff turnover. Shortest someone has worked for me is 2 hours. Then he "went to the bathroom" and never came back. 2 weeks is not uncommon, lot of people don't want to do the hard work I require.
>>
>>723226595
Not me but a friend of mine in high school got a job at a cookie store and they tasked her with standing outside and handing out samples. She did it for 20 minutes and just left
>>
>>723226595
All my jobs I've had were over a year except for 1 (which I don't put on my resume). I worked there for 2 days. I basically had lied in my interview about my qualifications and got in over my head and didn't know what the fuck I was doing and it was causing me a shit ton of anxiety so I told my boss I took another job and quit on my second day. He was totally cool about it, although it was probably because I hadn't even completed a lot of the new hire shit so in your case, being there 2 weeks and quiting is probably worse. I was in that same boat too though, with my current job. About a week after I started, I had another place offer me the same position but was likely going to pay better. I decided to just stick with the job I had and it's worked out quite well so far. 4 months in now, already got a promotion. Doesn't hurt to hear their offer though, you have nothing to lose just going to an interview while you still have your current job.
>>
>>723226595
Obtain new job offer. Present it to current employer. Ask them to match it, beat it, or you'll seriously consider leaving. Not based on anything negative that they've done, just that someone else called with an opportunity. Honesty is respected when it comes to these matters.
>>
First job I was unloading trucks for one week, found out I had a very serious foot problem that prevented me from standing for 8 hour shifts, got fired. Second job was one week long (was only hired for one week though.) Third job was 2 months long before being fired.

Feels bad man
>>
>>723226595
>A week at McDonalds
As a maintenance person. Waking up at 2am to get harassed by drunks and the mentally ill while you clean the shitters just isnt worth any amount of money. Got a far better job offer on my 4th shift, quit on my 5th.
>Have a party the night before what is to be my last shift
>Ill only have a couple and ride to work
>Have more than a couple
>Get plastered
>Attempt to ride bike helmetless to work which was about 10k away
>Copper immediately pulls me over
>'Where's your lights? Where's your helmet? how much have you had to drink?'
>Made me promise to walk my bike home on account of being unable to ride.
>Wait till he pisses off and ride to McDonalds.
>Mix a rum and coke and get into uniform.
>Start mopping the floor behind the counter, about 30 mins since getting pulled over.
>Same cop walks in, massive grin on his face
>He knows
>'Hey mate can i have a bacon McMuffin'
>'Nah'
>'What?'
>Go get the manager to give him what he wants
>Hear him laughing as i go
>Get sick of mopping, mix another drink and decided to clean the tables.
>Squadron of drunk chicks rolls in
>Hambeast comes over and starts drunkenly (flirting?) with me
>Asks me what i do
>Bitch what does it look like im doing? fuck off
>Looks offended, calls me an asshole
>Goes over to the manager and starts trying it on him to his very obvious discomfort
>I go over to the manager also
>'Sorry man, i resign'
>'Understandable'
And i never worked in fast food again, fuck that.
>>
>>723234801
I've been a manger at shitty McD's type places. Every time someone quit, all I could think was good on ya, you can do better.
>>
>>723226595
I got a job on a monday and thanksgiving was that thursday. They scheduled me to work that day and I said I can't then they said you work it or you're fired. I worked two days and said fuck off.
>>
>be me
>get job at lowes
>doing orientation/paperwork
>I applied for 2nd shift which is around 2-10
>puts me on 1st shift 6-2 have to be in there at 5:30
>fuck that
>tell her lady I can't do it
>honestly just didn't want to wake up
>she says just give it a shot
>ok
>don't show up
>month later receive a check for 18 dollars
>>
2 jobs where i only worked 1 day

1st: as teenager got refferee to a loading truck kob that also arranged furnitures in the warehouse. Faggots made me work 15 hours with 1 break and pay was every 2 weeks, said fuck that and never showed up again.

2nd: was when i was like 20-21. Worked at some chlorene factory (shit that goes in pools) mandatory gas mask wearing while packing chlorene, shit was in the air and EVERYWHERE. Gas mask didnt help for shit. Came home at end of night sick and feeling weak. Collected check the next day and never showed up again.
>>
>>723226595
>17
>Apply as pizza delivery driver
>asked to come in next day
>guy shows me around the place, where everything is, what to do
>feel okay with the place
>he brings me to the head pizza maker dude
>head pizza maker say"I'm not talking to the new guy"
>mkay.
>guy showing me around says that the pizza maker is butthurrt cuz the last guy who applied to the job left the first day he was hired
>"Oh that's rude. Atleast give a 2 weeks notice jackass"
>keeps showing me around
>at the end, tells me I'll be making 3$ per delivery and I get to keep the tip
>"be in tomorrow at 9am and we'll send you home at 9pm
>"okay I'll see you tomorrow"
>Never go back
3$ an hour per delivery? No wonder the last guy never showed up either
>>
What a stupid question
>>
2 weeks
>tree cutting job via nepotism
>almost kill myself every day
>way too weak for this shit
>no idea how to operate the equipment or what to do
>quit

my foreman told me about his time in maximum security prison, that was cool
>>
>>723235788
Lmao
>>
>>723234264
you sound like a jew nigger
>>
About three weeks. My ex's uncle got me a job with the power company. He wanted me to train on the excavator and dig trenches to lay powerlines but I just sat in the shade playing on my phone because it was $8/hour.

At least I got laid off instead of fired so I could collect my unemployment from the job before that which I got fired from for breaking a vending machine
>>
>>723240466
$3 each delivery is pretty good man, especially in a busy store.
50 deliveries = $150 bucks. Surely between 9am and 9pm there'd be a good number of deliveries, and when you're not out cruising you're chillin' in the shop with new potential friendbro's in a real chill work environment.
>>
>>723226595
I worked 1 day. I was filling for a busser on vacation. It was a 6 hour shift.
>>
>>723240680
I feel like that wouldn't be worth it on the car
And nobody really tips pizza much
Hell I didn't even know I was supposed to tip until my 20s at least
>>
>>723241027
>I didn't even know I was supposed to tip

You're not. Tipping is retarded. There's a reason that tipping is customary for four jobs while the rest of employers just pay their workers a decent wage
>>
the shortest and longest for me is 0 hours.
>>
>>723226595
Ok so everyone roll on this. If dubs, I quit my Firehouse job tomorrow and you even decide how I do it. I'll upload to jewtube even. Nothing that will get me jail time.
>>
>>723228951
As a driver, time is very important. If we don't leave at the moment the truck isn't ready. It can turn a 6 hour day into a 12-15 hour day. It's not fun.
>>
I'm kind of in a weird situation right now. I had two interviews today. One at a pizza place at the mall and another at a nice coffee place. The coffee place pays way more. Anyways, the pizza guy offered me the job on the spot, so I took it since I need a job, but I would much rather work at the coffee place. Not sure what I'll do if the coffee place offers me a job as well. Do any of you guys work two jobs?
>>
1 and a half weeks at subway. I had to walk 3 miles to get there and 3 miles to get home. I made 7.25 an hour plus tip, which was 0-3$ a day, as 90% of the customers were scumbag NIGGERS
>>
>>723226595
Fuck your current boss always look out for your best interests when it comes to your career.
>>
20 minutes at an Acme

>Walked in
>Back room where training was held smelled like rotting meat
>Told them I wasn't dealing with it
>Fired on the spot
>>
I was 19 working at Sam's club for about a month at the concession stand. People were out of control many people I dealt with didn't speak fluent English, definitely my most stressful job to date.
>>
>>723226595
2 fuckin days.
>Be me, October 2007
>living with Aunt (+boyfriend) and cousins 3 states over because I royally fucked up here right after high scool
>I need a job
>go into shoe store one evening with aunt and cousins
>aunt forces me to apply for job right there at the counter
>get job about 2 days later
>first task is to go to the 'men's aisle' of the store, and just stand there
>no really, just stand there....greeting the few male customers who actually show up
>overhear other employees talking shit about me already
>after about 5 hours of this, leave and walk back to aunt's house
next day
>start shift on that side again
>2 hours later, manager comes over bitching at me about
>"DO YOU EVEN WANT TO WORK HERE?!"
>of course I didn't, but I just say, "yes, for the time being"
>shedontlikethat.js
>I get fired right there on the spot in front of the whole store and have to clock out
>walk back to aunt's house
>get hire-call 2 hours later from Gamestop
>start working at Gamestop the next day
My aunt was furious, but at least I got the job I really wanted. We got into a big argument a few days later and she kicked me out, forcing me to go live with another cousin who just happened to be in the same city, but several miles away. he let me use his truck to get to and from work
>>
>>723241287
you sound like one yourself you piece of shit
>>
>>723226595

One day.

I spent 12 hours on an assembly line packaging product with no seats.

I stood for 4 hours at a time with two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch.

This was the graveyard shift so I worked from the Afternoon until sunrise the next morning. This meant that my 15 minute break was done outside on a smoking bench in pitch darkness.

That was easily one of the worst days of my life.

The monotony + pain from standing completely still and taking my breaks in total darkness made me contemplate suicide in just a few hours.

I don't consider myself entitled by any means and respect the hell out of factory workers but that is no way to live. Man is not a machine.
>>
>>723226595
If the offer is better immediately take. Dont feel bad. Jobs will fuck,you with small wages forever if you don't keep applying and growing. There's a million people to take your shit job spot anyhow.
>>
>>723241486

funny thing there are people that can do that and do it every day until they die
>>
2 weeks, restaurant they thought i was stealing money and smokes from peoples shit, they ended up catching the girl doing it about a month later and asked me to come back and work for them and told em to go fuck themselves.

personally i wouldn't quit just in the hopes of getting more money, You could leave and get less money or be unhappy and you don't want to have to go crawling back.
>>
>>723241486
>>723241621
It is part of why automation has become so essential.
>>
>>723241027
If you have an economic car it wouldn't be too bad, especially if its a supplied work car.
Ausfag here and from previous experience in a small country town, surprisingly a lot of people here tip. Generally handed a note and told not to bother with change. Sometimes people drop mad tips just cause, best one was $50.
Would get around 30-40 deliveries in 4 hours, sometimes taking 2 or 3 orders in one trip if customers live closeby.
And that was in a small country town, miss those days.
>>
>>723241486
I worked at a Hyundai plant for 18 months doing basically this except it was aligning parts to be welded. If not for all the shit I stole I would have quit in a month
>>
>>723233982
Bet that 16 year employee had an M.S. mech engineering, amirite? Worth way more than wage she was getting
>>
>>723240666
I pay 18/hr to start, I work right beside my employees, I don't ask em to do anything I won't do. Pussy ass entitled millennials think they should get paid to do fuck all.
>>
>>723241287
wow 3 whole miles? you poor baby!
>>
>>723241154
Shit in a paper bag and light it on fire. If asked, just say that you thought it was a good idea.
>>
>>723241861
This.
>>
>>723241287
I dont know why people even bother tipping at fastfood.
>>
>>723241209

this

I know you warehouse monkeys work hard, but god damn. I used to load the trucks before I started to drive them and I just cant understand why my truck always seems to load late. its like the boys in the warehouse just don't give a fuck anymore. I don't yell at anybody per se, but I giggle when my buddys do
>>
>>723241861

>MS mech engineering
>worth more than the wage she was getting

people get paid what they are worth, period. if you accept 10.25 and hour, you are only worth 10.25 an hour. gj letting the man buy your means of labor. fucking plebs pretending the deserve more money because they paid a uni a bunch fo a faggit's degree.

lrn 2 capitalism you dyke
>>
>>723242019
sweeping the floor sucks
>>
>>723241437
How did you manage to screw up so badly you had to go live with aunt in the first place?
>>
>>723241287
walking 6 miles a day to make 80 a week is not worth it
>>
>>723226595
2 days. Me 18 and driving an ice cream truck. Have to look for and discard candy that has been chewed up by rats before starting route. Second day I smirk and ask the boss how much he's paying the health inspector for the "A" rating. He starts screaming at me and looks like he's going to stroke out. I say fuck this and bounce.
>>
>>723240666

Sick trips bro
>>
>>723240466
I work at a pizza place and our drivers make $8 hourly and $1 per delivery (depending on if its in town, out of town is more) + tips. its all under the table though so we get paid cash. most nights the drivers walk out of there with way more money than me and do far less work. I make $10 an hour and do prep work.
>>
>>723241226
No because i go to uni. Why not just ditch the lesser paying one for the higher paying one? Gotta lookout for yourself anon, financial stability is more important than some shmucks butt hurtness
>>
>>723242481
Yeah because you don't risk your life driving?
It's not much but there's a super easy way to see it.

Plus, I've been a pizza driver, the customers you deal with are trash.
>>
>>723241396
Fuckin keked
>>
>>723242299

An hour and half walking a day is too much? Grow up, man up, get a bike or a car. You'd be dead if you had to gather your own food in the wild
>>
>>723226595
The length of a companies vetting process is an indicator of its professionalism.
>>
>>723241226
Two is tough... I worked a full time and then a second but I quit, twice. However it was mainly because of the experience.
I was burnt out at working for Starbucks for 8 years and the other I didn't get along with my coworkers, and it was damn tiring too.
>>
Loyalty means fuck all in business

If another offer (better) comes along take it

Give to weeks notice if you want a good reference, but if it's under 6 months i wouldn't even list it on a resume

DO WHAT'S BEST FOR YOURSELF FUCK THE COMPANY
>>
>>723226595

One month, same situation as you are.

Just take the new job if it pays more and provides more benefits. If anything your bosses will be happy for you. If not, they're probably cunts anyways and it'll be better to move on
>>
>>723226595
2 days as a mechanic. I went to a job interview, they saw that i had some studies in the matter and said to me "Anon, work is yours" i replied "thanx, but i have to admit that i have a very limited experience on the field" "DonĀ“t worry, learn your shit while working". 2 days later i was called to the boss office and basically they paid me for 2 days and gave a gently kick up the arse. In fact it was a good thing since i resumed my studies in order to pursue a career in teaching.
>INB4 learn to speak. I'm a spic
>>
>>723241154

Firehouse kicks ass, why do you hate it there?
>>
>>723226595
2 days.

Telesales with a bunch of drop out 18yo's. Couldn't handle that level of unprofessionalism. Plus the company was paying CIH so fick that

Fuck that.
>>
>>723242505
true.. i think if they coffee place offers me the job i'll just stop showing up to the pizza place. it will be kind of an asshole move, but i don't really want to explain to the guy that i'm quitting after like a week of working
>>
>>723226595

A couple of weeks cleaning a chicken carcass processing factory. It took me a few days to work out what the smell was, it was bits of chicken stuck to the conveyor which would stick to the belt, then get stuck the the framework under the belt. Then this chicken slime would heat up with the friction from the belt....I had to scrape it off....

I did a couple of weeks at a medical supplies factory before getting a call back about a better job. I apologised to the manager and she told me I had to go chase this dream job. I felt real bad about leaving that crew so quickly, but it had to be done
>>
fuck you
>>
>>723226595

A couple of weeks cleaning a chicken carcass processing factory. It took me a few days to work out what the smell was, it was bits of chicken stuck to the conveyor which would stick to the belt, then get stuck the the framework under the belt. Then this chicken slime would heat up with the friction from the belt....I had to scrape it off....

I did a couple of weeks at a medical supplies factory before getting a call back about a better job. I apologised to the manager and she told me I had to go chase this dream job. I felt real bad about leaving that crew so quickly, but it had to be done
>>
>>723233260
If anyone who isnt employed makes an OSHA claim, they only call the company and schedule an inspection to the company has an entire weekend at least to cover up their dirty business

OSHA doesn't really do anything to protect workers in America, what's more with Right-To-Work laws they can fire you for calling OSHA if they can eat the fine
>>
>>723242116
disregard this poster. youre worth much more
>>
>>723226595
Well started off as normal wage chump as everyone else. Been at job a month. Realise i am better than everyone else at job. In 2 weeks i get to lead my own team at double the pay. $3500 a week, winning.
>>
>>723226595

>>
>>723241906
shit that didnt happen

i bet youre a 320lb shutin trump supporter who is on social security
>>
Four hours.

Temp agency called night before to show up to a location next morning 8 am. Finished university no job. Went there. Three of us. Old Asian who worked at bank before, 28-30 Asian woman, me 24 white.

First two hours basic overview of company and basic training. And interview with boss. Flirted with hot Arab or Indian woman (boss) probably mid 30s.
>they sacked the old Asian man 1-2 hours in.
>offered me job first. Told them I need 2 more hours to decide because I haven't done shit yet except talk.
>job was overhyped by recruiter. Low pay and boring. Finding out which escrows need to be paid etc.
>wish i could've fucked that hot boss. She liked me and talked about permanent position being possible. During lunch I talked to Asian woman who said boss didn't mention it to her

Got full time job the following week.
>>
>>723241815
Tell me of your plunders m8
>>
>>723241656
which is why socialism has become essential
>>
dont tell anyone shit
>>
>>723243209
jokes on you loser, I was making 250k per shift as CEO of a fortune 100 at age 18
>>
>>723227334
been there, done that. irronicaly with a job similar to the first one and as a dishwasher.

dude is right, there are way more jobs out there than people think. just gotta try a little.
>>
>>723226595
2 days. car washing job. Didn't even got payed.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.