[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found myself looking up "someone to talk to" on Google

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: 1479625873416.jpg (156KB, 711x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479625873416.jpg
156KB, 711x1080px
I found myself looking up "someone to talk to" on Google today. I think I've been here for too long, maybe 6 or 7 years. I'm desensitized to stuff that would make my family vomit. All I found was suicide hotlines and depression numbers. I called one and the lady said "What do you want?" as an opener so I replied "I'm sorry, must have the wrong number". She snickered and said "Okay" before hanging up on me. I just wanted someone to talk to... I'm not gonna kill myself or some dumb shit but as a cripple with no friends I was just sad. I just wanted to hear a voice talking to me specifically. Anything wrong with that?
>>
Oh same kinda shit happened to me. Chick left me. I wanted to die. Googled the number. Called. She sounded like she could not give a single fuck. Like off a script. So ya....Those suicide hotlines suck.
>>
>>723226411
So what do we do about it? Just hold the emotions back?
>>
>>723226121
Bumperino nothing wrong with that at all we all need someone to talk to from time to time
>>
>>723226660
I live with my Grandma and her blind dog. Dementia makes it so I have nobody to talk to.
>>
>>723226121
>>723226660

this is not the place to find buddies to chat with kek.
>>
>>723226121
you should probably get off /b/.

Don't seem like the social type, maybe find some games on steam that you like, and join a community with voicechat?

Maybe go to the park and find some stoners to chill with.

Might make some actual friends, and anyone worth your time won't give a shit if you're a 'cripple'.

Just throwing some ideas out, but /b/ is only good if you're looking for massive faggots or autists, a few fraction of a percent are decent people but the odds are heavily against you.
Could be worse, you could be black.
>>
>>723226818
I'm sorry. I was looking for advice on someone to talk to and I didn't know where else to go
>>
>>723226968
Do you have a hobby?
>>
>>723226912
I don't have a PC, never could afford one. But I have Discord on my phone, even though I don't have any video games or consoles.

I am a cripple. I cannot walk ANYWHERE.

I lost all my friends when I got diagnosed with GBS and had to move in with Grabdma.
>>
>>723227218
When my hands aren't hurting, I like to cook. Also, I like to water my grass. Sometimes I over-water the grass in hopes someone will walk by and start a conversation
>>
File: IMG_2030.jpg (508KB, 3840x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2030.jpg
508KB, 3840x1080px
>>723227377
Make yourself a dating profile account. Talk about your hobbies, but be a little vague. Eventually, someone will take the bait. Enjoy some time talking to somebody who isn't a horrible autist behind a computer screen and who shares your hobbies, and just cut contact when you're done. From there, you just have to start making the physical step to talk to real people.
>>
File: 1439894597747.jpg (97KB, 500x641px) Image search: [Google]
1439894597747.jpg
97KB, 500x641px
>>723227377
There are people out there who are lonely as fuck, if you're not trying to strike up conversation, why would you expect them to?

As harsh as it sounds, you've got to help yourself with this one man. Just get out there, talk to anyone, talk to EVERYONE.
>>
>>723227963
I tried this dating APP called Skout and I met this girl named Cynthia. I took her to a burger place and she said I was too awkward to keep seeing.
>>723228095
You don't sound harsh at all, the only problem is that the only time I see people is physical and occupational therapy, and most of those people are older than me and married. That's the only time I can leave home.
>>
File: IMG_1938.jpg (431KB, 1328x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1938.jpg
431KB, 1328x2000px
>>723227377
Go to a coffee place or something. Somewhere that's sorta cultured, but accessible, with a lot of people. Get some tea.Bring a copy of Confederacy of Dunces. Sit by the window and pretend to read it while you listen to someone else talking. Practice responses in your head everyday, until a few weeks in, someone mentions something you like. Say "Sorry, are you guys talking about ____? It's so good!" or whatever else applies. Don't expect instant friendship, but just put yourself out there.
>>
>>723228539
No one has ever mentioned anything to me whilst I read something, and Toole is no exception
>>
>>723228813
They won't be talking to you, just talking. You just need to pop in there.
>>
Is there a humane society in the town you live in?
I've done volunteer work in a humane society and it doesn't matter if you are disabled. There are loads of lonely people there that love to talk.
>>
where do you live OP?
>>
File: diluvion.gif (1MB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
diluvion.gif
1MB, 500x339px
>>723228964
I think there might be, and I am going to look into it. If there isn't one for my town, I'm sure there is one for the county. I am about to call.
>>
File: Abe_Sapien_8_variant.jpg (352KB, 1200x1873px) Image search: [Google]
Abe_Sapien_8_variant.jpg
352KB, 1200x1873px
>>723229213
Southern California
>>
>>723229275
Good luck.
It helped me a little
>>
>>723229300
Checked...same
>>
>>723226121
Do you have a discord or skype anon I too need to talk to someone else
>>
>>723228813
Right, you miss the point.
Not him, but the point was to look like you're doing something other than eavesdropping. No one will ever ask what you are doing in a coffee shop unless it is spectacularly unusual.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.