[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in Rhode Island and I'm moving to South Carolina

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

I live in Rhode Island and I'm moving to South Carolina for school. I heard the culture shock is such that I may have trouble making friends. Opinions on south vs. north?
>>
>>723213123
If you're going to a university its the same shit.
>>
>>723213123
If you're going to a decent school, it won't just be locals. But if you're surrounded by nothing but Southerners, you'll always be an outsider.
>>
>>723213123
No matter where you go people will hate you, especially south. Northerners are gah Damn ignorant af
>>
I lived up north near Philly for 22 years, and I moved south to Florida 3 or 4 years ago.

It's enjoyable at first, everyone's really nice. But as you go forward, you realize that 85% of the population in the south needs to be wiped out.
>>
>>723214027
Also that their niceness is skin deep
>>
>>723213123
Lived in south carolina for 13 years. A few things for you

Southerners are as two faced as they come. Expect to hear the phrase "bless your heart" a lot
There are a lot of stupid people there who unfortunately believe they're smart.
People unironically call the civil war the war of northern aggression
South Carolina is a conservative state like no other. Expect to hear the words liberal/libtards thrown around constantly
Gamecocks are absolute trash
>>
>>723214027
To be fair 85% of everybody needs to be wiped out.
>>
File: 16885.jpg (65KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
16885.jpg
65KB, 640x481px
>>723213123

i've lived in mpls almost my entire life. blood family is from the carolinas.

people here suck. so icy. at least in the south people give an impression of giving a shit about each other.

also the "liberalism" of the midwest is some weird social construct that for whatever its upside doesn't involve sex.

could be worse - you could end up in the midwest.
>>
>>723213123
It'll help if ya don't talk all faggy
>>
File: 1487633271174.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1487633271174.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>723213123
I'm wrapping up a project near Columbia, and the worst fucking ever around here is the fucking slow-ass left lane campers on the 2-lane interstates...big rigs in the right lane fuck up the rest.

Also, I love the low gas prices, and fairly low cost of living. Smokers get a bonus down here.

However, I can't wait to get back up to the mid-atlantic.
>>
>>723214855
>>Southerners are as two faced as they come. Expect to hear the phrase "bless your heart" a lot
Southerner here. I hear that a lot but it's about expectations and mis-understanding. People think southerners "pretend" to be nice but are really shitty as fuck.

here's the low down

>Southerners are just as petty and shitty and most other folks in the US.
>They aren't more so ON AVERAGE
>Only some midwesterners and by extension not french speaking Canadians are actually nicer than average

The problem is politeness. We are overly polite, to a fucking fault because it's all over the top. We're raised that way. So people who aren't used to it thinks we "are so damn nice" to everyone.
Until we aren't and they think we are two faced.
It's just a cultural difference.
politeness /= kindness
Out politeness is like Japanese politeness. It's form over function.
>>
>>723214027
>>723214904
Thats okay, that is where 85% of the black population is.
>>
>>723213123
I live in SC

you'll be fine
>>
I live in South Carolina.
Cheap place to spam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qi5mU_btjE&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>723215239
This.

People take themselves way too fucking seriously most of the time. Minnesota nice is a myth. But when it snows, people do help push your car out of a snowbank, so that's nice.
>>
>>723215411
this guy knows whats going on.
>>
>>723213123
I live in RI now too. I'll have my BS degree in less than a year, could move to a city but I've never lived anywhere but here
>>
Are you from Northern or Southern RI?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.