[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Valve were to create another Half-Life expansion, what would

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: half life cover art.jpg (407KB, 500x645px) Image search: [Google]
half life cover art.jpg
407KB, 500x645px
If Valve were to create another Half-Life expansion, what would /b/ like it to be? Set aside all your whining about Half-Life 3 and just think about the question for a second. If Valve were to make another expansion like Blue Shift or Opposing Force, would would you /b/tards want from it? (you can think about an expansion for HL1 or HL2, doesn't matter to me)
>>
>>723205874
Something to do with the vortigaunts and xen
>>
>>723205874
i would like it to be from the perspective from the civilians of the half life world
picture the struggle to survive the genocide and the horror of it
the fight of resistance dying out and total breakdown of the way of life the many people are used to.
the pits filled with corpses
>>
>>723206241
the hoard of head crab zombies
limited weapons
dark places
stealth game play to not get killed by aliens
>>
Hl2 only engine that was good
>>
>>723206753
i want the game to make me unconformable and paranoid
if possible the story will include betrayal and the loss of family
the world should tell small stories in action and not in action
>>
>>723207070
a bit of fun and humor
>>
>>723206753
>stealth game
are you retarded?

the appeal of half life is the story unfolding right before your controllable player in a first person perspective.

no cutscenes to cut of the first person perspective, it all happens in the moment

basically making it as close to you being Gordan Freeman as possible.

A stealth game would not be like that, it would completely stall everything to have to die everytime you mess up stealth. The only way the stealth would be necessary would be if the zombies are 1 hit kills beasts, otherwise they aren't a threat. It would be like PAYDAY, stealth isn't needed because going loud and proud isn't too much of a task. So it would have to be a 1 hit kill situation to be a stealth game, and dying everytime you mess up would fucking stall everything.

a stealth game would not be like
>>
>>723205874
> something to do with Valve never making trilogies
>>
>>723205874
You're a soldier in the Seven Hour War. Lot's of combat. Earth loses, but if you beat the game, you save someone who becomes important in the main franchise.
>>
>>723207064
HL2 was not the engine HL2 runs on. Source is, dipshit.
>>
>>723207455
I only brought it up because I know there will be that dickweed complaining about HL3
>>
>>723207354
it should be an option in places where it is possible
and i want this game to be different in the sense that you are not gorden freeman you are every day joe the guy working in the supermarket
>>
>>723207535
The only victory is loss?
>>
>>723207754
>EVERY DAY JOE THE GUY WORKING IN THE SUPERMARKET

Yeah, that's totally Half-Life. I know both Opposing Force and Blue Shift were from different perspectives, but common, you need to have it be a character from the Half-Life universe.
>>
>>723205874
a movie. its happening
>>
>>723207888
THE TRIPS OF TRUTH
>>
>>723207888
There is no movie, that rumor was debunked, dumbass.
>>
>>723207851
well it is very much possible to tie this story into the franchise of half life as it is a very open story at this point
>>
File: WORKPIFPAF02.jpg (55KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
WORKPIFPAF02.jpg
55KB, 620x465px
>>723205874
>>723205874

>nostalgia for hl1 mods intensifies
>>
>>723208065
I am thinking of making a HL1 mod. An un-official expansion to the story. Not anything groundbreaking, like Counter-Strike was. (CS WAS A GREAT HL1 MOD)

It isn't anything retarded either, like "ULFRIC STORMCLOAK MODEL REPLACEMENT FOR BARNEY!". It'll be like Blue Shift, except un-official
>>
>>723208044
like imagen joe in his supermarket witnessing the invasion.
x gets into the store and the story take of from there.
>>
File: 51818.jpg (48KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
51818.jpg
48KB, 620x465px
>>723208222
thats great. good luck with that.
>>
>>723207795
That's part of the canon. You can't change that earth loses, otherwise HL 2 never happens.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.