[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone here done Accutane? what were some of the side effects

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 4fffa128a2baeeff2f00000f_ref.jpg (183KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
4fffa128a2baeeff2f00000f_ref.jpg
183KB, 640x640px
has anyone here done Accutane? what were some of the side effects you had while you were on it?
>>
>>723117910
>bumperoo
>>
Stay away... severe depression is a common side effect
>>
Well, it's now illegal to prescribe where I live. I used it for 6 months. It raises cholestoral to dangerous levels, causes SEVERE dry skin, nose bleeds, in pregnant women, it 100% makes birth defects with babies with coneheads. AND it barely works as an acne medication.
>>
Fuck that, it works like a charm.

You can take fish oil and eat oatmeal to lower your cholesterol and use lotion/ vaseline on your lips for dry skin. Nosebleeds? Don't pick your nose.

THIS SHIT WORKS.
>>
Take an anti inglammatory steroid like prednisone for the first month whIle you're on it to reduce the initial breakout.
>>
>>723119093

brother had this
>>
A friend of mine that tried it literally looked like a dope for 2 years before it settled down. His face is still red as fuck but no acne actually sticking out.

To cure what you see in the picture that OP posted thoug, just put a very hot cloth warmed up with water even though it might hurt like a motherfucker on top of the acne for atleast 1 minute, they'll 'melt' and you can squeeze it out instead of actually ripping up your skin. Works like a charm.
>>
>>723119799

Exactly what he said.

I've bought my from an overseas pharmacy. I just looked up how much to take for my weight. I also read take the pill to not just take it with food alone but with peanut butter.

I recommend it. It changed my life for the better. No more "backne"
>>
My friend did back in high school.

He also got caught with a list of people he'd kill, if he shot up the school.

That shit made it hella suicidal. But hell, his acne cleared up.
>>
was on it in HS. only reason the whole "causes suicidal ideation" thing got so much attention is because some high ranking govt official's son killed himself while on it.

worked wonders on me--went from pizza face girl to almost never having a breakout (and when i do it's only 1-3 pimples at a time that go away within a week).

did have some pretty bad dry skin, and i DO have some serious mental health issues, but i had mental health issues before even starting accutane, so it's probably not the cause.

if you're a girl they'll make you take pregnancy tests every visit, but it's worth it.

doesn't work with everyone, i just got lucky
>>
Looks like aids to me.
>>
Yeah worked well. Just had dry skin and slightly sore joints when initially exercising
>>
my acne went away
>>
>>723117910
It makes your skin dry and causes nose bleeding. Very effective tho..
>>
File: caveman.jpg (48KB, 846x468px) Image search: [Google]
caveman.jpg
48KB, 846x468px
>>723117910
the problem is that ppl with acne are gross, its like athletes foot of the face
>suffer from garbage body
>>
>>723117910
I almost did accutane then I just did antibiotics and those worked so whatever
>>
>>723119479

tell that to my horrific acne that went 99% away with little to no side effects.

literally the only side effect was dry and cracked lips
>>
>>723117910
It dries you out a fuck ton, so drink lots of water, suicidal thoughts is a common symptom, also don't take it if you are a sexually active/pregnant female.
>>
File: kot blini.jpg (10KB, 211x212px) Image search: [Google]
kot blini.jpg
10KB, 211x212px
>>723121367
>did antibiotics
>face clear up like a charm
>stop them
>face goes ugly again

JUST
>>
>>723117910
I did it in high school, never had acne since. My brother did it too and hasnt had acne but developed slight IBS, which is a known side effect.

It's hard to tell if it causes depression because like 90% of the people prescribed it are moody acne-covered teenagers so good luck getting a control group out of that.
>>
Made it when I was small from doctor then give me the autismz
>>
Don't take more than 40mg a day. American doses of accutane are retarded. In europe they gave you 20mg a day and it works better with less side effects

my doctor perscribed me 80mg per day and i took 40 instead, it worked well
>>
>>723117910
i did it a few years ago and it was the only solution for my acne, shit works wonders and yea it says theres depression effects, but thats because there giving it to emo fags
>>
File: magikarp.png (53KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
magikarp.png
53KB, 260x240px
>>723117910

There are better ways to treat acne fem-friend:

- Don't touch your face
- Change your pillowcase every night.
- Use those little Salysidic Acid pads you can buy at the Dollar Tree, but put some astringent in there too.
- When you're done washing your face, use a non-clogging moisturizer cream on your face to prevent drying out your skin (which promotes acne). I suggest that white bottle of CeraVe that has the dark blue line on it.
- Take medium-heat showers instead of scalding ones. Hot water causes acne on the skin. Also remember to wash and moisturize your face after you're out of the shower.

- Finally the most important tip: If it's still really bad, go to your Primary Care doctor and ask them to prescribe you a topical antibiotic called "Clyndamayacin Gel." It can be used to treat razor bumps, but works equally well on bad acne. Don't worry about absorbing it in your skin and developing immunizes or bs like that, the dosage is so small and really only affects the epidermis, so unless you're drinking the stuff you won't become immune it ot.

Good luck acne girl.
>>
>723121881
and the only lasting effect I've noticed is dry skin, in the winter my skin will be a bit dry, it completely drys you out. in my opinion totally worth it, getting rid of my acne was really life changing for me and most importantly gave me my confidence back
>>
On it right now. Only Lowe back pain when I relax. No depression so far. I'm about to enter my 4th month. If you're gonna take it I would seriously recommend to get in the habit of using lip balm.
>>
>>723122281

when will you people learn that for many people acne is not because of lack of cleanliness/hygiene

i had cystic acne which is pretty much only due to genetics

no amount of washing would make it go away
>>
>>723117910
On it right now actually, so far only dry skin and a little back pain from time to time. It's working really well though.
>>
>>723117910
it made me get a fatter erection no joke. it also made talking to girls easier as well. i had a speech problem, fixed that. this drug boosts confidence. it changes your brain chemistry for the good
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.