[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im 18 got kicked out of my parents house, no money for college,

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (70KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
70KB, 852x480px
im 18 got kicked out of my parents house, no money for college, currently sleeping on a park bench, posting this using wifi from starbucks. dunno what to do. not interested in much stuff, what job can i get to just make enough to live in a motel or small apartment. and how can i progress from there? i dunno what to do, serious suicidal thoughts but i had them before and i wont do it, but need help.
>>
Do day labor for money until you can find a better job. Buy a tent and stealth camp for awhile. Continue to look for a better job and try homeless shelters for info on work programs. Places get tax breaks for hiring homeless so that can be a plus. Showering and food storage is hard but if you find a camp sight close to you they might have public showers you can use
>>
>>723081278
Sell your ass
>>
>>723081278
shto si snimal bezdomni 4i4kovci v parka na sedmte bre, batal?
>>
>>723081278
Is there any sort of social outreach for junkies/homeless in your area? They'd likely help you out and try to get you housing/a job to get you on your feet
>>
>>723081597
If you live by a beach or big lake sometimes they have showers too. If you dont have a car try to get a bike
>>
File: 1481057178435.jpg (124KB, 800x499px) Image search: [Google]
1481057178435.jpg
124KB, 800x499px
>>723081278
just kys already
>>
>>723081278

Country?
>>
Get any job, use that money to move in with someone on craigslist. Try not to get murdered.

If you need to shower, it's not uncommon for gyms to have showers. For just 20 bucks a month you can shower every day if you want.

Have you tried getting government assistance like food stamps?

Best of luck, anon.
>>
>>723081689
nope
>>
>>723081953
Bulgaria
>>
>>723081965
can i live in a gym? i know a gym like 20 bucks month and 24/7 think i can sneak in a few sleeps in there and pretty much live there?

and my country doesnt have food stamps and shit, its a shitty country
>>
>>723081953
lebanon
>>
Starbucks might be hiring.
>>
>>723082146
oh brat 6e si umre6 gladen ;)
>>
First do to your local dshs or whatever and tell them your homeless and need food stamps. Then go to your local homeless shelter and community action places, they can give you shit like a bed, put you on the list for subsidized housing, tents, gas vouchers, showers, etc.
Then go to your local community college and say you want to get financial aid and that your want to register as an independent student. As an independent student your financial aid isn't determined by your parents income. When you start school, not only will your classes be paid for, but you'll get enough money each quarter to pay for rent and transportation to school.
Then graduate and get a job and become a productive member of society, gg.
>>
>>723081278
If it makes you feel any better my parents spoiled me until 25 and I found it very hard to transition to adulthood. This will suck now, but hopefully you'll come out of it a stronger man than I
>>
>>723082356
the problem is when you are not from a social oriented contry like the US were.
>>
>>723082356
That is if you live in america at least, i'm assuming you do.
I went through all these steps when i was 20-21 and i have a place to live with food and am about to get my degree. Feelsgoodman
>>
>>723082435
Yeah true that, i'm assuming though since this is an english website that op lives in america.
>>
>>723081616
Lol gay for pay.
>>
>>723082356
my country isnt like that, no government help n stuff they dont give a shit about the citizens
>>
In a similar situation, OP. I am not homeless, but I would look into a homeless shelter or something similar to atleast give you a place to sleep, shower, and pretty yourself up for a bit.

Find a temp agency. Many times you need to have little more than a functioning brain(HS diploma REALLY helps) and not be picky. They will have dozens of jobs. They are usually shit manufacturing, stocking, or data entry jobs. However many times these jobs are temp-to-hire. If the company likes your work ethic they will hire you directly. I applied for three different positions on Thursday last week and had two interviews requests the next day. Going tomorrow to both and will likely be working by next week. Temp agencies are the shit man.
>>
>>723082177
Can try but you would probably get kicked and wouldnt be able to shower then?
Would save as a last resort
>>
>>723081278
Go to phone book and create a list of all roofing/construction and or union jobs. Go to every one present yourself professionally and fill out app.

Return app with resume
>>
File: 1481579191424.png (319KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481579191424.png
319KB, 640x480px
>>723081278
Not an expert but here are some things i would do if it were me:

Do you hace access to a library? Maybe hang around there and try learning something that you are interested in, or find something new that perhaps could come in handy for a job.

Maybe get some other bums together and do some kind of activity to raise awarenes and gather free shit.

Do you know anyone with a solid roof you could crash under? even if you have to get in debt or take care of the housework, surely its better than the bench?

Buy high kcal food sunch as penutbutter and olive oil, but also take long walks to not get fat and clear your mind so that you can return to the library (maybe even use their bathroom to wash up afterwards)
>>
>>723081278
Please don't listen to any of the idiots on /b/. For the most part, they're privileged white suburban teenaged boys who have no idea how to survive in the real world.

I've have 25 years of experience as a community organizer on the street, and am currently setting up a cultural centre to celebrate the traditions of hobo life. I've been homeless many times myself, once for an entire year.

There are plenty of things you can do to hustle -- which is what you do on the street to survive -- if you're creative. The easiest is to find some way of leveraging skills you already have. I do tarot readings on a little folding table on the street. I also make spoon rings with a pair of pliers, a hacksaw blade, and old junk silverware I can pick up for next to nothing at the second hand stores. I knew a guy who made a decent living composing poems for $5 a pop with a little portable typewriter; tourists loved him. You can do caricatures, busk, juggle, or just panhandle. Depending where you are, it's usually possible to make a small living without working too hard if you don't have any drink/drugs/smokes expenses.

What is your skillset like, OP?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.