[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people get so angry when you call coffee/caffeine a drug?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Why do people get so angry when you call coffee/caffeine a drug? I'm not saying it's really that bad overall, but it's ignorant to say that it isnt a drug and isn't addictive (even if withdrawal symptoms are light compared to others)
>>
>>723066077
one could actually say that coffee is as potent as many of the variations of amphetamine.

and yes. coffee is a drug.
>>
When people hear drugs, there is a heavy negative connotation. When you refer to something they partake in regularly, they probably feel like you're calling them an addict. If you can't figure this out, you're an idiot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETHbZRFP0F4 ,
>>
It is pretty strange that some people don't consider things like caffeine, alcohol, and even OTC medications drugs just because they can be purchased legally without a prescription.
>>
>>723066077
Caffeine consumption is pretty normalized so people don't like suddenly realizing that what they're taking is, in fact, a drug. Because let's be honest: caffeine is a highly addictive substance and there's no rational way to deny that fact, so in an attempt to maintain blissful ignorance they just become arrogant.
>>
>>723066077
Probably because they're on drugs bro.
>>
>>723066489
Agreed, makes me want a glass
>>
I consider it medicine. coffee saved my life.
>>
Because even though you're right, you're still a prick.
>>
Who gets angry?

Sounds to me like you need to stop hanging around with cunts, OP.
>>
>>723066324
but people take drugs all the time. it's ridiculously defensive to get angry at the use of the word. you can drink coffee without being an addict, and even then, addiction to it isn't horrible
>>
>>723066983
there's a lot of overlap between drugs and medicine
>>
>>723067151
depends on context. it's not like when i see someone drinking coffee i'm like "hey enjoying your DRUGS"
>>
>>723066077
who get's angry? anybody who's addicted knows its a drug
>>
>>723068323
a few people, an example is my brother who doesn't even really drink coffee. which is even more confusing to me, because it's probably not out of defensiveness
>>
>>723066077
You can be addicted to anything if you try hard enough.
>>
>>723068898
more mentally than physically though
>>
File: 1487536620710.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
1487536620710.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>723066077
Because everyone who isn't retarded already knows it is a drug by definition and is just sick of your predictable stoner ass ranting and raving about weed and why all 9 yr old children should be required to smoke it by law
>>
>>723066077
It is a drug, just like dopamine's a drug. The problem with many words is that we've unconsciously given them extended meanings and like one anon said, connotations that don't apply to the actual word, so when you use 'drug' in the intended context people see it the wrong way, as they should because we're that retarded to use words in ways they were not meant to be used.
>>
>>723069404
i don't like weed
>>
>>723069286
Whatever you want baby.
>>
>>723069286
mentally is physically
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.