[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be best martial art(s)/self defence type deal to use

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 10

What would be best martial art(s)/self defence type deal to use if I was to become a vigilante

A post here a few days back about killing a rapist got me thinking about all this vigilante type stuff, big drug problem in my area, no big threat of guns though because of living in the glorious land of Australia, so theoretically I could get away with just physical prowess and combat ability right? I've thought about Krav Maga, Judo and Muay Thai for the main three to focus on, I don't wanna kill anyone but I would definitely like to put a stop to kids in my area getting hooked on ice and amphetamines
>>
>>723052207
A gun
>>
>>723052207
It should be said that I'm about 6 foot 3 and about 85kgs with a medium build
>>
carry a scooter, and swing it right into their shins.

postcode?
>>
>>723052303
/Thread

Using anything else now is like that scene from Indiana Jones with the swordsman. You'll just get glacked.
>>
>>723052303
Cunt, are you retarded?
>>
>>723052207
Probably MMA
Each martial art has its weaknesses which is why mixing them up is the best idea
>>
File: YB aka Chico High Quality PIC.jpg (23KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
YB aka Chico High Quality PIC.jpg
23KB, 600x450px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ3SUpevCso
>>
>>723052400
Did you just not even read the post? Australia, our guns are either bolt action or some really rural cunts might own a shotgun, drug dealers here are just tough cunts because they're also on drugs inhibiting pain and fear, trust me I've been around them all my life, if any of them own a gun it's hidden under a floor board or something not even loaded let alone easily accssible
>>
Go muay thai and jiu jitsu.
>>
>>723052432
Also thought of this, better to learn each of them separately or all at once though do you think?
>>
>>723052690
You're not a hero.

Thats the cops job.

You're just going to end up dead or in jail.

STOP LARPING AS A TOUGH GUY
>>
>>723052748

Reason for jiu jitsu? Haven't done much studying on it
>>
>>723052800
I'm not trying to be a hero, I'm just trying to do a community service to be honest, too many kids doing meth and fucking other kids up, I don't want to watch it any more, there's a point where the police are next to useless on these issues, either it's lack of funding or of motivation, either way it needs to stop
>>
>>723052373
Nek minnit
>>
>>723053013
Still, you're not going g to solve the problem. You can arrest all the drug dealers and confiscate all the drugs just to learn that the problem stems from elsewhere
>>
File: guillotine.jpg (106KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
guillotine.jpg
106KB, 604x453px
you're really asking us? comic books are literally full to the fucking brim with vigilantes who dont use guns...
chances are whatever idea you land on has already been drawn anyway
go on be lazy steal someone elses idea - you have our permission...
>pic maybe related?
>>
>>723053252
At this point I wouldn't be looking to stop it completely, as long as I could stop it happening to kids I'd be happening, if you're an adult that wants to fuck yourself up with shit like that then fine, but if I see one more kid getting sold shard then I'll fucking snap
>>
>>723052822
It's one of the best self defence martial arts around. Unless he means Brazilian, then he is wrong.
>>
>>723052432
MMA. Because why pick one and get good at it when you can be shit at half a dozen and roll on the ground with another man for half an hour.
>>
>>723053269
I've thought of it, would like to take reference from characters like the way daredevil is portrayed in the Netflix series, I fully realise that I would be taking hits a lot, but to be able to keep up with a group of people trying to get would be good
>>
>>723053368
Alright that sounds reasonable, but wanting to become strayan Batman is not. You see literal kids being sold meth and that upsets you? Guess what, that is not the only, or worse, injustice occuring on the world or even around you. The fact that you only care because you see it, and wanting to become bat man, shows how naive you are. Next time you see that happening, you could stop it. But will it solve anything, no

>TLDR grow up and give less fucks
>>
>>723053660
The fact that worse things happen is completely irrelevant
>>
>>723052207
krav maga is from tv (never find a master)
judo is for defense only (thats my purse)
muay thai (bet you can't do the splits....like ever)

Beating people up doesn't stop drug use. People with drugs have guns batman....for this very reason. You're no billionaire and you don't have super powers.

Go volunteer at whatever upside down land's "big brother" program is.
>>
>>723053660
Fuck up cunt, I don't need you to tell me about the injustices going on around the world, what are you even trying to say? If I can't help everyone and fix everything it's not worth it? What the fuck is that!? What a load of crap
>>
>>723053767
>Judo is defence only
>It's literally a sport
You know nothing
>>
Op is a fool. It takes over a decade of hard training to ensure you'll win at a fight. And a fight against many people, because dealers have backup in cars, bikies watching out fo them to make sure nobody steals product, people with knives, bikies have guns, dozens of degenerates coming out of nowhere to kill you when a fight starts because they think its fun. Vigilante shit don't work in real life. You don't even have exit routes, escape plans, backup or any tactics ahead of things. Stay in your basement. Or igloo. Whatever the fuck Australians do.
>>
>>723052207
muay thai and brazilian jiu jitsu would probly be te most optimal
>>
>>723053883
Brazilian jiu jitsu absolutely would not be optimal
>>
>>723053829
literally whats the scoring system in judo? who took the last gold metal?

shut you're nub mouth
>>
>>723053767
Do Americans just not realise how hard it is to get a gun in Australia or something, there is a reason we don't have massacres every second day here, even the proper gangsters in the cities know that to use a pistol or an smg is basically like placing the cuffs on themselves immediately and calling the cops, people hear that shit and report it, the best thing these cunts would have is a knife/machete or maybe a cricket bat or something
>>
>>723053936
how do you mean? maybe not for if he needs to get in a fight tomorrow, but eventually with enough training and experience it definitely will pay off
>>
>>723053942
What does that have to do with anything?
Scoring is based on different factors but getting your opponent on their back is a decisive win, and Kayla Harrison won the last gold medal to my knowledge. Either way, you are wrong.
>>
>>723053816
If you can't keep your cool on a Norwegian Monkey Licking Image Board, you'll definitely lose in the street, and getting angry makes you reckless. Any half decent fighter will turn it against you. Also 'cop a couple of hits' sounds nice. In a fair fight. Fights in the street aren't fair. See how many stabs to the back of the neck you can 'cop.' God you're naive.
>>
>>723053835
I realise that, I'm not looking at taking on the whole ice syndicate on my own, and neither am I looking at just kicking down a door and start waving my arms in a circle while running towards them
>>
>>723054031
No, it won't. Most of what you learn in BJJ just isn't practical. It's very flowery but it's practically all ground based. Which means not only will something simple work instead, but that you are primarily training in something that is useless if there is more than one person.
>>
>>723054058
Even still judo holds are some of the most well known wrestling type moves, you might have used them in a fight without even realising it before, point being is that it's a good defensive art and would probably mix well with the two other offensive martial arts mentioned
>>
I've studied BJJ for over 5 years and whilst good in a 1-1 situation in terms of getting someone to the floor and choking them out, it's more of a sport as opposed to a combat system. If you want to end a fight quickly then there's nothing better than Krav Maga.
>>
>>723054087
This, i bet the guy weights 90lbs. He has read too many comic books he gonna die.
>>
>>723054234
No, I use Ju Jitsu holds, because I've been doing it for over a decade and it's an actual martial art. What Judo uses, it took from Ju Jitsu. Learn Ju Jitsu, not Judo, because the latter is stilted by a focus on competition.

>>723054252
The problem with Krav Maga is there are so few schools outside of Israel that know what they're doing. At least, my local places just seem to value being really aggressive.
>>
>>723054158
but why put yourself in a situation where you're forced to fight more than one person? you must be a tough guy
>>
>>723052207

Sambo would also be effective in real world scenarios
>>
>>723054349
Are you an actual moron?
>>
>>723054087
Bruv you're going off text that I'm sending you from halfway across the world, how are you getting the message that I am in anyway not keeping my cool, also what drug dealer is a good fighter? They're the ones who would be more likely to lose it
>>
Australian people are the funniest and most interesting people I've ever come across on the internet. NZ too but you guys are practically the same
>>
>>723053816
I'm telling you you're a fucking idiot, and hoping you'll realize all you'll accomplish is harm to yourself to others
>>
>>723052207
Have you even been in a real fight? School doesn't count.
>>
File: 139-iu.jpg (46KB, 500x655px) Image search: [Google]
139-iu.jpg
46KB, 500x655px
>>723052207
It's actually a pretty easy read. He explains basic strikes and fighting strategies (e.g. fighting people bigger than you, stronger, shorter, armed, etc.) in a very straightforward manner.
>>
>>723054349
It's not really about me purposefully putting myself in that situation, more like if the need ever arose to be able to take on multiple people at once
>>
>>723054128
Not talking a whole syndicate, talking one dealer you see selling shit to kids. They have lookouts, getaways, head breakers, communications. Shit is organized. A guy in a Daredevil costume high on Netflix and Cage isn't gonna do anything but get stabbed. You might think you can take a hit, but try dozens. Being killed isn't the worst thing that can happen to you, either. You could get your back broken, lung punctured, all sorts of shit that'll fuck you up for life. Try telephoto lenses from a safe, hidden spot and present the police with evidence, but be prepared to the cops to be crooked. Many of them RUN a 'local patch.'
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETHbZRFP0F4 ,,
>>
>>723054413
Yeah I played footy for a few years and got into some bar fights because of the competitive spirits people seem to get into, it was pretty all over the place and I won't lie I've come out of them worse for wear a few times but others I've held my own pretty well
>>
>>723054378
Because drug dealers have no experience fighting? Christ, kid, stay the fuck at home before you get yourself killed. Or at least live stream your death.
>>
>>723054378
Meth will give a man super powers, you never want to fight a methead. Not even kidding it makes a motherfucker super strong.
>>
>>723054519
Cunt I live in rural Australia, it's just one cunt with his mates who sells gear to the local dead beats, now you're the one high on TV, get real
>>
>>723052207
I think anything but straight bjj would be good.
For striking shito-ryu karate, boxing or Thai boxing, then maybe some Judo or jiu-jitsu for weight manipulation to start.

If you're serious about it you should take a bunch of martial arts, even some styles of Kung fu.

Also if you're under 25, Australia had a visa deal with Canada where the dollar is even. You can come here and buy collapsible batons and weighted gloves to smuggle back.

Good luck Op
>>
>>723054458
Also, you can read this book along with your training in whatever style you are studying. Make sure to start wrestling and grappling (even if it's just with friends) - in case you don't know, real fights tend to go to the ground a lot.
>>
>>723054655
I said good fighter, I'm sure they've fought plenty of times and have the experience I'm just saying that they're probably too gacked half the time to be able to properly pay attention
>>
>>723054581
Dude those are regular Johns, once they've seen you've had enough they'll stop. A criminal isn't going to stop and neither will his friends, these fucks don't roll solo. If you wanna get beaten to death go play batman.
>>
>>723054673
Sorry I should be more clear, ice is the biggest problem it's like a shitty meth, its more prone to making you so paranoid you'd shit your pants before you tried to fight someone
>>
>>723054755
Preciate it
>>
>>723054777
Thanks I'll give it a read
>>
>>723054842
It's same compound it still makes people nuts, if a paranoid person feels cornered they will fight for their life. Also taking out drug dealers just means meth heads will pick up from someone else. People choose to do drugs they only want them more when they can't get them. Its someone's choice, don't you believe in personal freedom? They should legalise drugs and make the age limit 21. Thats much more of a solution than crazy batman bullshit, besides you'll get fucking killed.
>>
>>723054824
That's why I wanna know what to train, fuck, do you honestly think I'm just going come here and ask about what martial arts to learn, find out and then just waltz over to the nearest den and try and get a few hits in?? I realise that this will take time and effort, also I don't know what the fuck you think you know about football clubs and fighting but I don't think I've ever seen anyone stop because they could see their opponent getting tired mate, that shit doesn't happen, I can't count the number of times I've taken mates to hospital or been there myself because some cunts put his boot into someones face or neck
>>
>>723054694
No doubt this cunt and his mates never grew up in and out of juvie then jail. Nobody fight there. Good thing these guys have no experience fighting people. And I bet none of them carry knives. Lunch of dainty little petals they sound like. Go nuts, OP. Your winning attitude, your ability to listen to advice will get you far. Take photos of your victory over these creampuffs and post here. We'll wait. Or read the news the next day. '12 year old sperglord with large comic collection stabbed to death. Trashcan lid painted as Captain America's shield didn't save him.'
>>
>>723055087
I don't care about adults getting it, but if I could stop them selling to kids then that would be enough, people can do whatever they want but when a kid is being manipulated by and older person into getting hooked young then that's too fucked for me
>>
>>723052207
youll get killed kid
>>
>>723053976
THEYRE DEALING DRUGS. THEYRE ALREADY CRIMINALS.

are aussies braindead?
>>
Anyone calling you "kid" and telling you to grow up should kill themselves. It's your life OP, if you want to be batman be batman and all the other lard ass neckbeard can keep working minimum wage jobs crying because they can't achieve their dreams like you're going to. GL op. Also, Jujitsu or Maui Thai are worth looking into.
>>
>>723055128
Point is football hooligans aren't fighting you to kill you they just wann hurt you real bad. A drug dealer will be trying to killl you and will also have a knife or a cricket bat or someshit. You are a witness they will try to kill you, no amount of Kung fu will help you survive a 1 v 10 street fight against possibly armed opponents. Your naive as shit.
>>
>>723055137
Fuck me if I'm going into a fight thinking I'm going to lose, or even that there is a possibility that I might lose, if I'm thinking like that I might as well just shank myself in front of them, and you know maybe you're right they might have a knife or two or three or four but fuck if I don't bring along some kind of weapon of my own to even it out right? Besides I'm more of a Nightwing person myself, Captain America even the name makes me cringe
>>
>>723054058
i wikipediad. im sorry. i stand corrected. still its hold breaks and pins and is designed for running away.

>>723054234
guess youre right
>>
>>723055295
OK so in they're mind they're just sitting there thinking "I could definitely get away with using my automatic weaponry to shoot at someone in a relatively populated area and still for sure keep up my relatively secretive drug dealing business" really nigga?
>>
>>723055304
Thanks man, you're a pretty alright kind of person
>>
>>723055504
It's literally not designed for running away, though.

See, that's the problem with threads like these. You get anons talking things they have no experience with or understanding of.
>>
>>723055218
Dude really poor people arw fucked from birth. These kids can get into meth earlier in life or when their older. Either way these people arw fucked feom birth. What kind of life is someone with; no money, no education, no intelligence, no skill, no talent, weak personality, living in a shitty neighbourhood. These fucks will have a painful shitty life no matter what. They might as well be on drugs.
>>
>>723055476
Then maybe I tool up myself? Even it out a bit maybe recruit someone with me, lots of maybes, point is these kind of fights wouldn't often be taking place in large open areas, it would be in houses, so hallways, small rooms, even if all 10 hooligans wanted get at me at once they'd still have to climb all over their mates first
>>
>>723055609
>let me hypothesize the scenario

you you idiot. anyone loaded down with drugs and cash doesnt depend on the police to protect their sorry ass and keeps a heater tucked when batman fucks come along.

B- any drug dealer that shoots your stupid ass is going to be half a mile away in 30 seconds. Its the EXACT same in the US and we have greater population density.
>>
>>723055753
don't say literarally. its designed to get out of a situation.
>>
>>723055779
Literally kill yourself, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, most people are constantly looking to better their lives, it's only when negative influences like this get in their way that they become depressed and disassociated from a society, you can always help someone like that, fuck off with your bullshit cunt, you know nothing
>>
>>723055974
>>723056000
hue
>>
>>723055974
I didn't said 'literarally', I said 'literally'. Because I am literate, and you are still wrong. Judo is not designed to get out of a situation, it is a *sport*.
>>
>>723055834
Dude, seriously you are so out of touch with reality. Only a person with nothing going for them want to be some kind of vigilante. Find something to do with your life, travel find adventure. Follow any passion you might have. Because being a vigilante won't lead you anywhere nice, you might even get good at fighting but one day some punk is gonna get lucky or you'll make a mistake and ypur fucked. And how will your mother feel when that happens?
>>
>>723056088
your mom is a sport. two points
>>
A good mix of Brazilian jiu-jitsu and Muay Thai. They're good balances to each other.
>>
>>723055490
>Besides I'm more of a Nightwing person myself
I am dying of laughter over here, OP.
>>
>>723055834
Breaking and entering, going armed in public to cause fear, assault, assault with a weapon ... never underestimate the connections these people have 'Nightwing.' Their uncle could be the local detective handing out method to them to sell. It's happened. They don't even let other cops fuck with their income. And being out in the country means only that it's further away from headquarters. I've seen cops argue over whose 'patch' it was, red in the face yelling that x sells for them, nobody else.
>>
>>723055903
Cunt I've grown up around these people all my life, don't come around with your typical cock sure American attitude, it is so completely different here that I can't even take you seriously when you say that these people have guns, a gun was fired about 5 months ago in the CBD of Melbourne, the next day it was all over the news and the perp was caught in about 5 minutes, I can't even begin to explain to you how dumb it sounds to me when someone says that anyone around me would own a gun that wasnt a bolt action rifle
>>
>>723056164
But anyways, do whatever the hell you want to do in life, and who gives a shit about someones opinion.
>>
File: zbYn4Vu.jpg (6KB, 177x234px) Image search: [Google]
zbYn4Vu.jpg
6KB, 177x234px
>>723056134
>>
>>723056088
>this drug dealer and I are going to have a scored sparring match

boiexhales.jpg
>>
>>723056000
Society is bullshit. Maybe in the 50s it was something but now it has devolved into oppressive, globalist bullshit. People drop out and do drugs because on some level they know this, hell i should know thats what i did.
>>
>>723056278
How did that even begin to make sense in your head?
>>
Krav Maga you sh*t as*!
http://i.imgur.com/ScFd8LD.jpg
>>
>>723056236
>i can't even begin you explain

no shit you delusional batfuck
>>
>>723056130
I'm sure she'd care if she hadn't walked out 18 years ago, maybe dad would feel bad about it too if he wasn't already dead
>>
>>723056236
Why ask for advice if you already know everything, fuckhole?
>>
>>723055218
rofl op likes kids
>>
>>723056344
Good rebuttal mate, keep it up
>>
>>723056340
Kek'd
>>
>>723056443
hard as diamonds bro...no end in sight.
>>
>>723056349
Just because your life started shitty doesn't mean it has to end shitty. You might fuck with street gangs for a while but once those bikeies get wind of you. You are fucked those guys do have guns, they are way harder than street level dudes.
>>
>>723056369
I never asked your opinion on the psychological or physical profile of a fucking smack head, I wanted to know about which fighting styles were best to use in a vigilante style situation, you're the one trying to give me advice about that other shit
>>
>>723056398
i am starting to think this
>>
>>723056521
I'm aware, I'm also aware of the fact that I never intend on making my identity, address or even my fucking shoe size available to those people
>>
>>723052207
Dude you have a warped sense of morality. People do drugs because they don't want to live in society and deal witn that bullshit. The society you think you are defending will chew you up and spit you out. The fucks at the top have no sense of morality and society serves them.
>>
>>723056398
O fuk bois, u got me, cuff me rn
>>
>>723056699
checked
>>
>>723053767
Some people taught krav maga around adelaide a few years ago
>>
>>723056680
M8 some of them are dumb, maybe most. But a good amount of those fucks are fucking cleaver fucks, if they weren't they'd be dead. That combination of violence and intellect is fucking dangerous. Don't risk messing witn those guys, if they hav any idea you'll find yourself in a trap withno way out. Or does your life mean that little to you?
>>
>>723056784
meh
>>
>>723053816
Why don't you just start a service up for the kids? Like an art class or something more engaging they would be interested in. If they've got something to do that's not destructive to their health theyll probably take it up.
>>
>>723052373
Woah Anon. He said kick their ass, not kill them.
>>
>>723056903
hes fucking batman bro
>>
>>723056959
>>723053767
OP is just an edgy kid diddler
>>
>>723056959
It's not a bad idea, I guess violence was more of an easier option because it's just what I've been more exposed to in life, I didn't really stop and think about creating a space for people to just be, thanks anon
>>
Anyway, it's late, I'm beat, thanks for the insights and talks, I'm out
>>
>>723057150
>i didn't stop and think about solving viloence without violence
>>
>>723057222
>i swear im not retarded i just have a busy aussie lifestyle
>>
Karate
>>
>>723057150
This is the only smart thing you've come up with, so fucking do it.
>>
>>723057232
>>723057262

holy crap ill never get that half hour of my life back OP you absolute moron.
>>
I tried being a vigilante once. I got a shotgun pulled on me first thing. So yeah , get a fucking gun.
>>
File: 453543.jpg (619KB, 2034x2048px) Image search: [Google]
453543.jpg
619KB, 2034x2048px
just channel your inner retard strength
>>
>>723053660
>There is other bad stuff happening
>So why bother doing anything about the bad stuff that happens right in front of me

You're retarded anon. The world would be a much better place if there were fewer of your kind.
>>
>>723057321
I swear this place is a case study on the ability to induce autism via psuedo stimuli.
>>
File: 1487265467983.jpg (24KB, 960x422px) Image search: [Google]
1487265467983.jpg
24KB, 960x422px
>>723052405
Lmao I'll take the cunt with the gun over Bruce fucking Lee
>>
>>723053402
Kek
>>
File: 1487263717919.jpg (46KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
1487263717919.jpg
46KB, 596x628px
>>723057389
Best advice here
>>
>>723053660
Your logic is for cucks
>>
File: 1487265466871.jpg (1MB, 1439x1405px) Image search: [Google]
1487265466871.jpg
1MB, 1439x1405px
>>723053402
>>723053402
Lmfao these mma fags think their sport is an effective combat system against knives and real world danger.
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.