[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

断  こ酒 河のの 流雫日 るに  て I gotta

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: barney.jpg (24KB, 341x341px) Image search: [Google]
barney.jpg
24KB, 341x341px
  断
 こ酒
河のの
流雫日
るに
 て

I gotta quit drinking. Any tips from successful ex-alkies?
>>
stop drinking
>>
>>723051636

And what's the best way to keep doing that? The best way to distract oneself until one becomes accustomed to a non-drinking lifestyle?
>>
stop drinking
>>
>>723051709
do stuff to make your mind busy. Maybe start a new hobby? It's a good time for it.
>>
どうして
>>
>>723051776

Something physical, something academic?

I also regularly get heart palpitations which the booze helps to control.
>>
>>723051879
why not both?
>>
>>723051879
>>723051937
maybe start walking everynight.
>>
>>723051802

初期の肝硬変や夫婦間問題
>>
>>723051561
Replace drinking with something more healthy like gym, running, music, making stuff etc.
>>
Don't drink.
>>
>>723051561
force yourself to match booze funds:
for every $20 you spend on beer or liquor,
you put $20 in a retirement account, or somewhere you can't get it back.
Now your booze costs twice as much, and does SOMETHING for your future.
Thank me later anon.

P.S. not successful, but drinking less becasue it costs more. Haven't been drunk in at least 2 weeks.
>>
>>723051975

I'm actually really active, not a full-blown alcoholic. I just like to drink every night and it interferes with so many things.
>>
>>723052069
so everytime when you want to grab a drink, grab a glass of water.
>>
>>723052060

Not a bad idea. but I'm married with common finances, so no good. Also, booze is really cheap here. I can get 2.5 litres of good whisky for about 15$...
>>
>>723051879
Anything, any other hobby to help direct your current one into a more creative outlet

Nothing wrong with drinking but ask yourself why you are. Be honest. Lots of times we gloss of over with excuses and you might do that in the beginning. Keep going. Its not nearly as hard as you think it is, changing any type of habit can be tough, but with conscious work and persistence its well within the realm of possibility. don't count yourself out or think you can't change, you're doing so everyday
>>
>>723052429

Thanks, anon. I'll do my best.
>>
File: IMG_4599.jpg (355KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4599.jpg
355KB, 1440x1080px
Smoke more weed
>>
>>723052684

I would, but it's extremely illegal here.
>>
File: IMG_4663.jpg (152KB, 650x903px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4663.jpg
152KB, 650x903px
>>723052177
Holy fuck!
> 2.5 litres for 15$
Where can I get in on this action anon?
>>
>>723052856

Japan. Come on down, it's an alkies dream. And public drinking is perfectly legal, even socially acceptable as long as you aren't a dick.
>>
>>723053295
Hai!
>>
>>723053509

No time restrictions on booze sales, you can buy it 24/7 from convenience stores, or beer and even cans of whisky and water from vending machines. It takes effort to be sober.
>>
>>723051561
don't quit cold turkey, depending on how much alcohol you're used to and how good your general condition is, it is possible you die from it
>>
>>723051709
You could try making a schedule and planning out your weeks with clearly defined goals or activities you want to do to give structure to your days and keep you occupied. Best way would however be to swap the addiction for something less harmfull like weed.
Good luck though, I'm in the same boat more or less though I don't want to stop.
>>
>>723052177
So your wife knows how much you spend on booze? His plan actually works for this too, since all you have to do is halve what you spend on booze. So out of the 20 your wife sees leaving the account, you spend 10 on drink and the other 10 on something else. Doing it this way will then actually make you cut down, so long as you don't resort to drinking cheaper but just as strong stuff
>>
>>723054274

That is actually a really good idea; making a schedule; I'll try that.

I hope things work out for you too, anon. Booze has been a very good friend for a long time, but we need to move on.
>>
>>723051561
Stop drinking
>>
Stop drinking before you can't go 6hrs without a drink. The shakes and anxiety, racing heart makes sobriety almost impossible at that stage. You're not an alkie
>>
>>723054471

It isn't a matter of money. She knows exactly how much I drink. She can practically determine my blood alcohol with a glance.

It's time to stop. There is so little pleasure left in it.
>>
>>723054565

I had something close to the DTs once, but that was after a three-day bender. Still, I regularly get heart palpitations, and FUCK, do they suck. And what makes them go the fuck away?

MOAR BOOZE.

Fuck.
>>
>>723051561
Try the Sinclair method. Basically a doctor prescribes you Naltrexone; you just take one only before anytime you start drinking.

Then, you just essentially stop wanting to drink over a few months.
>>
>>723054714

I'll look into that.
>>
Supplement with weed or xanax. But don't get addicted to either of those in the process. If you're actually physically addicted to alcohol the only thing you can do is taper off. Start measuring your intake and decrease by one unit every week
>>
File: IMG_0046.jpg (43KB, 530x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0046.jpg
43KB, 530x444px
>>>/ck/
Ctrl+F al/ck

Join us, op, we always have a thread going there.
>>
>>723055449
Those generals are just sad, especially the people arguing and trying to impress upon one another that they are in fact the biggest alcoholics.
Rest of the board can be pretty fun though.
>>
>>723055845
I'm not so sure there's a competitive element amongst those who put more emphasis on how much they drink, I think it's just done to dissuade the 17-year-olds who come in and start crying because I've got a headache after drinking six beers the night before. Otherwise, every weekend they come in and start bitching about how unfair it is that their sisters won't tickle their pickles.
>>
>>723052684
Sorry. Dope smokers are too cringey.
>>
>>723054572
I'm right there with you. I've quit cold before, did really well for about 2 months. Then I slipped, now I'm back to drinking this shit . I fucking hate addiction. So, today will be day two of sobriety.
>>
>>723054686
How old are you?

You need to see a cardiologist bro.
>>
Alcoholism is for life pal, you can resist or give in but there is no cure
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.