[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice thread? I'v procrastinated the fuck out of this

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: fuckinghelpmegoddamnit.jpg (9KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
fuckinghelpmegoddamnit.jpg
9KB, 204x247px
Advice thread?

I'v procrastinated the fuck out of this paper, and I've already skipped one or two classes and have a ton of tardies so I don't know if I can miss another. If I can, I would work the fuck out of this paper. Anyone have any advice on what to do?
Anyone wanna help me?
What's the point of living if nothing really matters?

Halp
>>
What's the topic and requirements
>>
What class? It's all pretty pointless if required but power through that shit so you can do the cool stuff after you graduate.
>>
>>723024059
Lord of the Flies, it has to be 3 pages and analytical. I'm trying to write it on why Ralph represents the ego but I suck dick at this type of writing

>>723024184
That long term stuff is what I've had trouble focusing on recently and I don't know what to do before I fall into a hole I can't get myself out of.
>>
>>723024296
Lord of the Flies? Jesus fuck are you in middle school?
>>
>>723024650
Nah man, college freshman.
>>
You're young dude, and that piece of paper is important. Maybe this perspective will help you focus: everything is just one big fucking game, and you have to find some niche that lets you stay ahead of others in some manner. Find your niche, power through the college bullshit while looking for that niche.
>>
>>723023968
Drop out, learn a trade.
>>
>>723025079
But what's the point? It's not affecting me right now, so why does it matter? What if I die before anything helps me? Yeah it'll "work out in the end", I know what the answer is, I just can't make myself believe it because none of this has payed off yet. Will it ever?
>>
>>723025382
It's not that easy, is it? The place I live in is a small town that has nothing to do but drugs and under-aged sex.
>>
>>723025446
Don't be so fucking dense. There is not a single profession in the world that carries both good money and respect but doesn't require at least the minimum level of literacy required to string together three coherent pages of text. THAT is the purpose of these exercises - to give you practice creating a few pages of meticulous bullshit on a topic that doesn't matter to you but DOES matter to your boss, because it's an absolutely mandatory skill regardless of career.
>>
>>723025446
Na man, you need to just play the game the way you want to play it. If you die you die, but then you let everything else win. Fuck that. Make your own reality. What matters is that you play the game. It will be shitty, but those mini wins make it worth it. wins like fucking that girl, or making 1k more than the douche that fucked with you in class. Find your own bliss bro.
>>
>>723025556
Then get the fuck out.
>>
>>723025556
It really is everybody needs heat in the winter and ac in the summer or learn cars
>>
>>723025748
Yeah right I make great money and I don't do any of that shit
>>
>>723024296
At your level quality is practically irrelevant. Three pages should not take long to write. Just write, and keep writing. Doesn't matter if it's shit, doesn't matter if it's only marginally connected to your subject, just write until you have 6-10 pages of material. Then cut it down until you have three pages of the best, barely-decent crap. Then spend any of your remaining time polishing the turd.
>>
>>723025951
Then I guarantee you don't have general respect. Let me guess - construction? Oil? Some other kind of barely-coherent tradesman?
>>
>>723025765
I feel that

>>723025748
I've become so dense because I've just given up man. I'm tired of all this life bullshit, I don't know why I keep pushing. I'm all fizzeled out and have no idea what the fuck to do anymore.

>>723026040
Shit dude, maybe you're right. I just need some textual evidence, which will take me forever to find and my ADD doesn't help, and I can base the paper off of those quotes. The hardest part for me is finding those damn quotes.
>>
>>723026158
No actually Head chef
>>
>>723026356
you can just google "lord of the flies ralph ego" and get a hundred and fifty trillion things other people have said and then just cobble that shit together in a paper, slap some long ass quotes from the book in there, and double-space it and you're golden

if you're fizzled out because you have to write a three page paper about lord of the flies in your college freshman intro to fiction 100 class idek what to tell you
>>
>>723026714
on this note, make sure anything you find you change the words around.
>>
>>723026854
I feel you, I'm just to god damned lazy (not the right word, but I just don't see a point) to do this. I don't want my teacher to find out that I used other papers, but I'm at my wits end. You guys really think I can do this?
>>
>>723026356
Finding textual evidence for such a general premise shouldn't be that difficult at this level. Find a passage discussing Ralph, and pick a phrase from the passage. Ask yourself if there is any way that phrase can also be related to some broad concept of the "ego." If not, move to the next phrase. Shouldn't take long to find something that you can bash into place with an extended metaphor or outright lie. Then skip a few pages and start looking for the next mention of Ralph. Repeat until you have five quotes, then write a paragraph about each quote (which is how much you'll probably need to explain how these random quotes have any relationship to the idea of "ego"). Cap off with an intro paragraph and a conclusion paragraph and you should be about done.

As for being tired or "fizzled out," you aren't tired you're just feeling unmotivated. Learn to tell the difference between those feelings, because they have different cures. Motivation is something you can literally give yourself, once you realize that's what you're lacking, because it comes from making a decision to care about whatever you are doing. Right now you've talked yourself into this place where everything is bullshit, but you could just as easily feel differently by simply choosing to focus on what you could gain rather than what you think you are losing.
>>
>>723026590
If you don't think that fits the description of "barely coherent tradesman" then, well, you clearly are a barely coherent tradesman. See above re respect.
>>
>>723026992
I did many paper like this when I was hungover or strapped for time. You got this.
>>
>>723026992
An elementary schooler can do this. If you passed elementary school then you can do this.
>>
>>723026992
im gonna level with you OP youre in college now and college is all about bullshit. teachers dont give a shit either, they all know that you aren't going to come up with this shit yourself, you're going to google it and read what other people say about it and then show that you understand it by just saying what they said in your own words and using quotes from the text to back it up. thats what college writing is
>>
File: Abstract confusion.jpg (22KB, 450x426px) Image search: [Google]
Abstract confusion.jpg
22KB, 450x426px
>>723023968
Not OP, but need some solid advice for the coming hours

I haven't slept in 26 hours and am pretty plastered right now from beer I bought after I got off my second job. I have to be at my first job in 2 hours, and thats a 6-8 hour shift. I just jerked off an am super fucking tired, how the fuck do I stay awake until the end of my shift, while not giving off a hint of drunkiness?

I work the front desk at my local gym
>>
>>723027141
That's a great stratagy, I'm gonna try that out. Thanks man. I'm gonna work on finding the difference between those feelings too, I really appreciate that.

>>723027385
Thanks man, I need this.

>>723027585
Yeah, this teacher is just super critical and a cynic.
>>
>>723027783
This is OP, I'm super tired too because just rubbed one out so that's another thing to add onto why the fuck I can't concentrate.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.