[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SPACE So as children I'm sure a lot of us fuckfaces said

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1486067073163.jpg (503KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486067073163.jpg
503KB, 1920x1080px
SPACE
So as children I'm sure a lot of us fuckfaces said at one point "I wanna be an astronaut!". Later on we realized that was stupid and moved on. But in the past few years, it's become less of a pipe dream. Currently there are civilians already purchasing tickets to go into orbit, and regardless of any major breakthroughs in FTL/warpgate technology, it's pretty safe to say that in the next fifty years, people will be living in space stations and on our own moon. So anon, are you ready to go into space?
>>
File: interstellar heartache 2.gif (2MB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
interstellar heartache 2.gif
2MB, 245x200px
>>723020920
Don't let me leave Murph!
>>
>>723021494
Kinda funny that the movie take place in a future where we DID NOT explore space travel.
>>
>>723021710
But he did future remember when after he got Murph to let him leave but time went real fast so he could see her dead?
>>
>>723022024
Yes.
>>
>>723020920
As much as I'd like to, any colonization effort I could assist with would be in the very early stages. I don't think I could put up with how shitty things would be for the first few decades.
>>
>>723022115
Deep down we all want our own spaceship.
>>
>>723022174
Absolutely. I just wish things were a little further along than they are right now. Current space tech is tedious as fuck.
>>
>>723020920
Better be ready to spend most of your time exercising, fighting muscle and bone loss.
>>
OP here

Any anons with space related wallpapers or art? I know there's some pretty neat stuff out there.
>>
>>723020920
I feel that if we can't survive on earth without destroying it, we don't deserve to go into space, and I bet if there is intelligent extraterrestrial life, they'll blast the shit out of those space stationa before they get anywhere close to their planets. Just think bout it, what if WE knew of an alien life form travelling by the thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands to our planet, with full knowledge that they destroyed their previous habitat. I think nukes would be embraced as a solution.
>>
>>723022553
fuck off hippie.

any technology advanced enough to get into space was developed during wartime. this will ring true for any other intelligent life we find out there.
>>
File: rwg2.png (950KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
rwg2.png
950KB, 1000x750px
>>723020920
I know how this turns out...
>>
>>723022989
kek yes that's one option....
>>
>>723020920
>it's pretty safe to say that in the next fifty years, people will be living in space stations and on our own moon.
people have been saying that since the 50s.
Blade Runner was set in 2019.
We're being kept here to squabble over stupid shit forever
>>
>>723022894
*sad trombone*
not even close to true for such a large range of reasons.
>>
>>723023232
nice digits

you have a point though.
>>
>>723023317
nice try Jack Brennan. but i'm not going to fall for your bullshit. you'd have us all turn in our guns and give death sentences for j-walking. you're going to make us weak, and when the inevitable war happens, who will be here to protect us? your faggotry must end.
>>
>>723022894
Who gives a fuck when shit I dont even want to use or care about was invented , lol nigga learn how to read then come back to the discussion, grown ups are talking.
>>
>>723023752
you missed the point dickhead. get an MRI you absolute fucking retard. he's saying that other races will blow us up because we're self-destructive, im saying he's wrong because it takes war to spurn science and industry. you're just a fucking idiot that doesn't know his place in an intelligent discussion.
>>
>>723024141
Takes war to spurn science and industry? Omg what kind of paranoid military propaganda shit are you on? U must be a flag wavin gun toting fatass merifag.
>>
>>723022553
No one can decide whether we "deserve" to go into space. Any sentient life form decides that for themselves, it's not like a mass of rocks and trees actually matters. And there's zero chance of crowding out any aliens any time soon
>>
>>723022989
so true. i just hate when my huskys go on a rampage because they ate a bunch of drugs i was saving to sell to the pirates
>>
>>723024579
everybody knows (unlike you, because your education was in the form of morning cartoons) that rocketry was pioneered by wartime scientists as a method of bombing other countries. jet engines were designed by german engineers during ww2, jesus christ i hate feeding fuckwits like you facts, you know absolutely nothing and still think your opinion is valid at all.

im not american, im just a fucking adult who paid attention to history class.

p.s. we wouldn't have antibiotics if it wasn't for war. you are literally the dumbest motherfucker i've ever seen trying to sprout their ignorance like some deranged flower fucking hippie scumbag.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.