[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what does /b/ think of GMOs? Do they make our lives bett

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: gmo tomato.jpg (28KB, 641x481px) Image search: [Google]
gmo tomato.jpg
28KB, 641x481px
So, what does /b/ think of GMOs? Do they make our lives better? Or do they just hardcore fuck us up?

http://freedomoutpost.com/gmo-apples-hit-american-stores-this-month-how-and-why-to-avoid-them/

1. Read
2. Discuss
>>
File: 1404360843383s.jpg (2KB, 125x91px) Image search: [Google]
1404360843383s.jpg
2KB, 125x91px
>>722924518
hey look OP is a massive faggot

get a fucking degree in plant genetics, pleb
>>
File: 1416823562498.png (278KB, 400x426px) Image search: [Google]
1416823562498.png
278KB, 400x426px
>>722924518
>http://freedomoutpost.com/gmo-apples-hit-american-stores-this-month-how-and-why-to-avoid-them/
GMOs are accelerated natural selection.
Good traits (down to the genetic level) are emphasized or added, and bad traits are removed. Old-fashioned breeding is very crude and incredibly slow by comparison. Stop to consider the state so many purebred dog breeds are in, with their deformities and shortened lives. Understand that many primary cultivated plant species are overused, which inevitably leads to a production crash when a new disease or other biological agent destroys the overused crop. Genetic engineering can be used to modify current varieties to be resistant to new pathogens or create new varieties entirely.

Completely avoiding GMOs is a time-consuming, foolish, and counterproductive endeavor. Yes, it is possible that some nutrients may end up being removed in order to provide other benefits, as may be the case with these apples, but it's also possible to add other nutrients (golden rice's vitamin A, for example).

The article does have a point about "profit over people", however. GMO-producing companies are for-profit and must be policed to ensure that their products are safe. Genetic diversity, environmental security, and suitability for human consumption must all be considered.
>>
>>722925223
muh nigga. gmos are actually amazing.
>>
Would you genetically anything? We have been artificially modifying things since forever by breeding the preferred genes. So no I'm a nudest.
>>
>>722924518
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/freedom-outpost/
Freedom Outpost is an extreme right wing news website. The site is filled with right wing conspiracies, propaganda and contains racist content.

I'd rather get my food news from somewhere else, thanks.
>>
>>722926937
Do you trust mediabiasfactcheck?
I haven't bothered with "fact-checking" sites since I learned that Snopes leans fairly heavily towards the left.
>>
>>722927825
Heh. And you just believed the place that told you Snopes leans to the left?

As far as Freedom Outpost, their own 'about us' page says:
We are a scrappy group of God’s people networked together to see the Kingdom break open in this region and around the world. TFO provides biblically based teaching, training, direction and empowerment .

Still not anyone I want to get my food information from.
>>
>>722927825
>one time i was told i believed something that was false, providing evidence and corroboration
>but then i discovered they also had different opinions than me! wow! what a close one!!

burgers are pathetic
>>
File: gay shit.png (138KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
gay shit.png
138KB, 496x496px
why the fuck are they allowed
>>
>>722928477
It's a blessing and a curse I'm sure.
>>
They cause more harm then help. Anon says not good
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.