[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is the english to hard to understand? >2 years learning

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 14_VKRzzXU.png (75KB, 800x502px) Image search: [Google]
14_VKRzzXU.png
75KB, 800x502px
why is the english to hard to understand?

>2 years learning
>see a video in english
>only understand 1/5 words

my problems is hearing, because i can understand everything reading...

any advice?
>>
>>722913147
What is your language?
>>
i dont fucking know, i just speak it
>>
Quit being French.
>>
>>722913147
Listen to actually Enlglish, not American English. Americans are mostly retarded and it's hard to understand the words that come out of their retard mouths.
>>
>not being born to a native english speaking country

get rekt
>>
>>722913147
There are many, many accents of English, which may be part of the difficulty. There is also a lot of slang words where speakers of different regions may refer to the same thing by different names. Also, the various speeds of talking could pose a challenge.
>>
>>722913216
spanish (spain)

>>722913311
i ever learned the american one... is the only one where i can understand... the british is so hard to me
>>
>>722913311
Reverse that
>>
>>722913311
>Listen to actually Enlglish, not American English. Americans are mostly retarded
>Listen to actually Enlglish
>actually Enlglish

Claims Americans are retards...
>>
>>722913311
fuck off you fucking bitch
>>
>>722913147
It's not just you or English, OP. I have studied various languages and find the comprehension in listening to normal, conversational speaking much more difficult than reading the language. I am a native English speaker and have studied German, Spanish, Icelandic, Norwegian, and Russian. I am not fluent in all of them, but German and Spanish.
>>
>>722914005
Algun consejo que puedas darme? creo que estoy atorado :( comunicarme con personas en ingles o leer libros no me es gran problema... mi mayor problema es cuando tengo que escuchar a alguien en ingles, se me confunden mucho las palabras... por ejemplo "Would" y "Good"
>>
>>722913311
Yea, at least we aren't soccer hooligans who will stab you if you aren't a fan of their favorite group of 11 complete strangers.
>>
>>722913147
Surround yourseIf with native speakers. English, if you don't speak it from birth, is the hardest language to learn and use properly. It has so many rules and goofy traits and nuance. You need to read, write and most important speak English every day and it'II sIowIy enter your brain.
>>
>>722913563
because british english, is shit. dont work theres a reason why most brits cant even understand their northern counterparts; think geordies. Murican english is tough, so just say "america america bald eagle revolutionary war hamburgers, and fuck communism"
>>
>>722913498
This. Perhaps a good idea is listening to an American or British news broadcast, mostly due to the fact that the the accent is standardized.
t. That's how I'm learning German.
>>
OP watch American cartoons. Seriously Start off with something simple. The words that you know will jump out at you and you can use context clues to get the rest. That is how I learned my foreign language. Also, You need to practice what you already know continually as you continue to learn. I used Rosetta Stone and now practice with Duolingo and still watch shows and jump on the /int/ threads. It all works together.
>Also how are you reading this is you are having trouble with the language, just asking?
>>
>>722914569
i'll try to see Adventure Time in english with subtitles haha

i know how to read and write very well (i guess)... but when i've to speak or hear it, my brain became stupid.
>>
>>722914191

Hay muchos acentos diferentes hablados a diferentes velocidades en América, por lo que escuchar puede ser una manera difícil de aprender.

Por ejemplo, los acentos en Nueva York y Nueva Jersey es mucho, muy diferente que en el sur de Estados Unidos. Cada región también tiene diferentes palabras de argot para el mismo elemento.
>>
>>722914773
No that makes sense. I can read and write in my new language much fast than I can process what I want to say. The trick is to teach your brain without trying to translate everything. That is not trying being bilingual. For me a conversation can take a little longer, but I just stick with it and work though it until I get it out. it is the only way to get the speech part down. Your muscle memory and brain need to used to saying and hearing what you are saying your new language to get confident and faster.

Also, not sure AT is the best cartoon. That shit is weird even for Americans. Hit up some Spongebob or Disney Junior, then advance to harder stuff as you mind starts to get it. Also, pause what you are watching and try to say it back the way you heard it (minus the cartoon voices)
>>
¿Dónde están las putas más calientes de España?

¿Están garantizados para poner fuera?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.