[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alcoholism thread. I'm just 22, but since i was 17 i used

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Alcoholism thread.
I'm just 22, but since i was 17 i used to drink 1 liter of vodka by myself 6 days per week. 4 months ago i decided to not drink on work days (monday to friday) and it feela pretty good. The thing is that i cant drink anymore. Last night i drank some vodka shots and im literally puking. Is that baf or good? I cant tolerate alcohol anymore.
>>
>>722840059
Shameless alcoholic self-bump
>>
You might want to see a doctor.

There's no telling what could be causing it.
>>
That's good.

Drop the poison from your life and go make yourself what you want to be.

Have fun with life, not the booze, OP
>>
well, not drinking is always better.

sometimes its better to withhold everything at first, and when you can control it, slowly ease it back in if you want.

Not being able to handle drink.. well, only good I think!
>>
>>722840193
I made a huge change. I cant even tolerate beer anymore. The good thing is that my friends are in the same process, so the thing turns easier.
>>
Bump?
>>
I drunk when in high school a lot, but Joined the Marine Corps and started drinking more and more. right now i'm deployed and drink every night. I know its fucked for my body but still do it to impress my seniors. Any Marine fags here that can relate?.
>>
>>722841333
Drop that shit my man.
>>
I speak from experience: alcohol can turn you into someone you are not and can change your entire life. However a few glasses of wine and something else on special occasions is good. It depends on the mindset you have when drinking. Regardless, once you hit and then surpass the addiction level it becomes impossible to enjoy your poison. That's why you should always be self conscious about how much/why/how often you take drugs or drink to an extent: if you manage to keep your vices restricted and merely a way to have an honest good time, there is no problem. The problem is not when you use drugs, but when drugs use you. If you start to notice an increase in the amount of alcohol you drink stop it. If you start feeling bad in the morning, stop it. If you become too different when drinking, stop it. There are way too many ways to tell you're drinking too much, the problem is that you learn them with experience.

So OP cut the drinking. There are plenty of opportunities to have fun which do not include substances. Also you may want to wait for a long time before drinking again, and seeing a doctor is not a bad idea (you don't know how your liver has reacted). Trust me, being clear minded and in constant touch with yourself is a blissful experience. Try it.
>>
>>722842220
Wow man, thakns for that. Im glad all of my friends took the same choice of stop drinking, so it makes it easier to me. And tbh i lost some friends because the drink
>>
>>722842679
In addition: take a look at the colour of your shit. It's not the colour of someone healthy. It should look bright brown/ocher. It means your stomach is filled with garbage. Treat your body well, you'll thank yourself in a couple of decades.
>>
>>722843018
Thanks mate
>>
>>722842679
First you lose your friends, but then you can lose your family and your job. You're still young Anon, and it's OK to he stupid at your age. But please at least be moderate. Cherish sobriety.
>>
>>722843180
Don't do it because some random Anon told you on 4chan. Do it for yourself!
>>
>>722843421
I'm on that
>>
I'm in the same boat
At least a fifth of vodka a day
Work about 55-66 hrs a week but still imbibe on the clock. My bosses are always around but I've just become so natural while on the drink. I dont know. It doesn't depress me but I do know something is wrong if I insist on taking and finishing a water bottle of vodka to work and having a few before and after.
Good luck, b/rother. And ill take a shot for you now
>>
>>722844127
Cut that habit, man. We can
>>
>>722840059
i'm 42. I've been drinking since i was 15. In the last 10 years i've been downing about a fifth of whiskey every day or so.

I'd stop drinking but i'm bored with life.
>>
>>722844527
Just curious. What do you do to survive? Whats your job?
>>
>>722841333
Your inability to control yourself does not impress your seniors. You are the butt of the joke. the reason they sleep at night is knowing they aren't you.
>>
I can drink any amount of alcohol without being sick, but some shots (like tequila) will make me insta puke.. nothing all to do with tolerence it's more the body going fuck that shit.
>>
>>722840059
26 and been drinking quite heavily for the past 4 years. Stopped for january every year to re-adjust and evaluate my relationship with booze every year. made a blood test last month and everything was 100 % okay. guess the liver is really a bad motherfucker.

two facts I came to realize for myself:
I am definately better in all regards without the booze.
Life is not that liveworthy without taking drugs. It is not depressing either but just not as exciting as otherwise.

So I guess I will continue drinking for now. Alcoholism runs in the family. Basically every male has either stopped drinking at the age of 40-50 or died with 60. Thats the path I am heading to.
>>
If you can't handle any alcohol that sounds like kidney failure
>>
>>722845250
I can't handle alcohol because my mind.
>>
>>722844606
Information Security. Specifically Penetration Testing/Vulnerability Assessments and regulatory stuff if i'm really bored.
>>
File: 1303183305879.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1303183305879.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
Hey, OP, good for you for cutting that shit down. I was in a similar place when I was in high school and college.

> Used to be proud I could finish a handle (1.75 L) in two nights.
> Blacking out was commonplace.
> Frequently in trouble with parents and friends from drinking-related incidents.
> Pair of DUIs (one at 21 and one at 25) both sporting insanely high BACs.

I've been 302'd and hospitalized several times because of my poor decisions. Actually my last DUI is about to be three years ago and I'm eligible to have my license back in two weeks. It's been a long dark road from that day, but I'm still here. My mom actually died from brain cancer while I was on house arrest and I had to attend her funeral hiding an ankle bracelet. I would go into that more, but this isn't a feels/baaaww thread. I quit drinking except for an isolated incident late last year when I went out with work friends because I was tired of being lonely and isolating myself. It was great socializing again since I essentially turned myself into a hermit due to shame from my legal trouble, but I know what you mean about getting sick after cutting back! I was hung over for three days and I'm so happy I don't drink like I used to. Unfortunately that's all those guys do though - drink. There's just bars where I live. So I'm making plans to move in about 18 months and buy a house closer to a local major city. Anyway, the point is that great things can happen for you when you drop the drinking. Alcohol is a shit-tier drug anyway! Keep it up, friend.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.