[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone recommend a really depressing anime? One with a main

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: anime-sad-wallpaper-2.jpg (331KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
anime-sad-wallpaper-2.jpg
331KB, 1920x1080px
Can anyone recommend a really depressing anime? One with a main character like
Charolette SPOILERS AHEAD
School Days SPOILERS AHEAD
SPOILERS AHEAD
in Charolette after his sister dies, where the main character is just out of his/her mind with grief and doesn't care about anything anymore?

Not really a sad anime, but more one with an overall depressing feel to it.

Sorta like the end of School days when Ito dies, although the whole show was sorta weird and depressing.
>>
File: 1396040432937.gif (443KB, 506x516px) Image search: [Google]
1396040432937.gif
443KB, 506x516px
Kill la kill most saddest animeme
>>
>>722826626
>Shitest
Fixed it for you
>>
File: 1486679186517.webm (2MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486679186517.webm
2MB, 852x480px
>>722826469
Monster musume
>>
>>722826469
If you're looking for a tearjerker then Clannad or Angel Beats might be a recommendation for you.
>>
>>722827583
Are they sad, or do they have an overall depressing feel/characters?

Don't really know how to describe what I'm looking for, but I guess it's less of what happens in the anime and more relating to a main character and what they're feeling.
>>
>>722827583
I agree with this guy, in fact Angel beats was created by the same people as Charlotte. However, for that depressing tone you might want to check out plastic memories or as impossible as it sounds Re:Zero has that main character aspect you are looking for.

Hope this helps!
>>
>>722827855
I've watched Re:Zero, it was really good.

I'll have to check out Angel Beats, although I don't think Clannad is really up my alley.
>>
>>722827671
For Clannad, yes. It's a slice of life anime so they'll be plenty of character development. It starts off slow but after 3 or 4 episodes you'll already be feeling like garbage in no time. As for Angel Beats the sad stuff doesn't come until halfway through the anime.

Another one I like to recommend is a movie called 5 Centimeters Per Second.
>>
>>722828065
My suggestions are Plastic Memories, and Golden Time (I think that's what it's called), on top of this other guys suggestions.
>>
>>722828092
5 centimeters per second was a good one, hit nice and close to home

Well, a chainwatching I will go!

Kill la kill seems pretty interesting.

I watched the first few of clannad a while back, but thought it was a super upbeat show, so I'll probably pick that up again.
>>
Kill la kill will probs be too upbeat for you tbh
>>
>>722826469
Anime
>Now and Then, Here and There
>Madoka Magica
Manga
>Narutaru
>Bokurano
>Oyasumi Punpun
Visual Novel
>Saya No Uta
>Muv-Luv
>>
>>722828347
>Kill la Kill
It's made by the same people who made Gurren Lagann, but Gurren Lagann is a far superior show, watch that for sure if you haven't. It's not super depressing all the time but definitely has what your looking for, and more.
I love Gurren Lagann and was excited for Kill la Kill, but ended up dropping it like 8 episodes in back when it aired. I fucking hated it. First episode is pretty good,
>>
>>722828947
I liked Kill la kill, but agree with this dude that green lagan is also a very good choice.
>>
>>722826469
Welcome to the NHK, Angel Beats (honestly one of my favorite anime), AIR, and FLCL reccomended
>>
>>722826469
Anime is for fat cock loving faggots that still live in their mom's basement and have pedo tendencies.
>>
>>722826469
Naruto, it just leeps hoping on and on but after the genin test arc never gets any better. Eventually it becomes depressing to watch as you hope it will get better but it never does.
>>
>>722826469
Keep watching them well into your 30s like half of the die hard fans you won't need to go looking for depression.
>>
>>722829312
>>722829687
OMG, my feelings.
Oh wait, nope.
>>
File: whatisthis.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
whatisthis.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
Is death parade good?

Remember hearing about it before. Sounds like it has the themes OP is looking for.
>>
>>722827671
New poster here but recommending the hell outta Clannad. First season is a bit of a rollercoaster of good and bad feels, mostly positive though imo. The second season (esp the second half) fucking destroyed me. Jesus. I cried almost non-stop for at least three episodes straight.
>>
>>722830274
Well damn, maybe I'll have to watch that first then

Thanks for all the recommendations my anime /b/ros!
>>
>>722826469
Planetarian
>>
File: 147.jpg (39KB, 680x462px) Image search: [Google]
147.jpg
39KB, 680x462px
>Clannad
>Angel Beats
>Plastic Memories
>AIR
>>
watch Bebop and Evangelion if you haven't.
Especially Bebop, it's fantastic. Funny and fun with a real underlying sadness to the whole thing, that becomes more apparent as the series progresses.
>>
What about Evangelion? It wont make you cry, not even a bit, but is clearly a drepressive anime...
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.