[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about asking my girlfriend to marry me. We've

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1486154802024.png (18KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
1486154802024.png
18KB, 509x411px
I'm thinking about asking my girlfriend to marry me. We've been together 13 months and we've lived together 6 of those months. I'm a paramedic/firefighter and she works at a daycare. I'm 4/10 and she is a 6/10. Should I do it?
>>
only 13 months? See if she truly cares about you first. How? Not sure...
>>
File: tumblr_nvz46gWGNS1tlb56zo1_400.gif (2MB, 395x313px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvz46gWGNS1tlb56zo1_400.gif
2MB, 395x313px
if you really care about her and are happy where everything is, go for it bro doesn't matter how good you look or how good she looks, as long as you're fine with how everything is in general and you can see yourself living like that the rest of your life.
>>
>>722811785
I'm happy even though she is a huge cunt sometimes though. This is how i want to spend my life bit my friends keep telling me this is the worst mistake of my life
>>
>>722812093

What are their arguments for that?
>>
>>722812189
We haven't known each other that long and 23vis way to early to get married
>>
>>722811404
Imagine her at her worst. Imagine that was all the time. Would you still love her? If not, wait.
>>
File: 1451696601818.jpg (148KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1451696601818.jpg
148KB, 960x960px
>>722811404
>>
>>722812474
Sounds like she's the smart one.
Let me guess, you're white?
>>
Dude... too early. Take it from someone who already made that mistake and lost his fiance
>>
>>722811404
No!!!!!!!!! No oooooooo!!!! Listen to an anon who is married from 15 years..DO NOT DO THAT. If you love a person the marriage is not necessary..you can live together without marrying. Marriage is only a contract and if you do the religious ritual is also a bullshit
>>
Way too early. One year and already wanting to click the ball and chain? That is always a curse. It's those marriages that are hurried that always end up in divorce.I'd say live together for at least one more year minimum to allow true colors to surface.
>>
>>722811404
Well she is better looking than you, but has a lousy paying job.

You a lot uglier, but much better job, with a good future, and a govt. pension down the road.

Seems like a fair match to me, go for it OP.
>>
File: kys.gif (142KB, 1221x1007px) Image search: [Google]
kys.gif
142KB, 1221x1007px
>>722813698
spotted the faggot
>>
>>722813236
Yep
>>
I honestly don't really get what everyone else is freaking out about saying it's too early. Yeah it's kind of early, but a good friend of mine married his wife after only knowing her for 5 months. Another friend of mine is currently engaged to a guy she's only been with for a month.

In comparison you're not rushing anywhere near as fast as some people do. So no I don't think it's a bad idea to ask her to marry you, just be sure you feel ready for that. I don't think anyone can tell you to do it or not, that's something you need to figure out yourself. But what I can tell you is that it's not too early if you decide to, just don't rush into anything if you don't feel ready and if you feel she isn't ready. Be sure you feel comfortable and be sure you feel she's comfortable. Overall just see where you and her stand in the relationship and go from there.

I may not be the best source for an answer as I'm not married and I've never been married, but thought I'd provide a different opinion apart from all the others saying you're rushing. I'm not a big fan of the idea of waiting 4 to 7 years to get engaged. I've tried that and all I've accomplished was wasting my time. If I were in your shoes I probably would go through with it, just cause I'm well at that age where I should start having a family and I don't want anymore relationships that just drag on forever and lead no where.
>>
>>722811404
hell no, too soon
>>
>>722812093
Trust your friends, I didn't and regretted it. I married early and the bitch took everything from me but my job. Thank god I was smart enough to not have kids with her. I would have nothing and be expected to pay two thirds of my paycheck to my demon spawn
>>
>>722812474
How so? If they both feel right about it I don't see why not. It's better than waiting till later only to end up in a string of relationships that fail, unable to find someone he can really bond with, and waking up at 40 taking anything he can get cause he wasted all that time trying to find the "right" girl.
>>
>>722811404
do it my dude. if you can live together 6 mo you can probs make it work longer. sometimes in life you have to take a punt! and try it.
>>
>>722811404
No. If you get married under 5 years your marriage will fail.
>>
You can always propose and be engaged for a few years, this way she knows you think/ care for her and you don't have to jump straight into a lifelong commitment.
>>
>>722817556
5 years the fuck...
if it's bound to fail it will fail either way. 5 years is too long of a wait. Imagine every relationship ending 4 or 5 years in. A person will never end up married and having a family that way. A relationship can last 10 years and end in divorce after a year of marriage. There's no certainty in anything, and there's no certainty that waiting 5 years is going to help either. I know it didn't in my case, all I did was waste my time.
>>
If you live in the western world theres a chance you could get screwed over later. But thats up to you
>>
Nowadas marriages are risky, I would advise to let things remain the way they are
>>
>>722816984
Hey at least it would have been yyoouurr demon spawn. But ya regardless you would still be screwed. Unless you took out all your anger and killed the bitch like some russian guy did in russia.
>>
>>722817556
This.

Immediately after you get married things change. It's not bad but it's takes a strong relationship to adapt to married life
>>
>>722811404

Wait another full year. I got married to a woman I was only dating for 19 months and she turned into a total shitcunt. She makes less money than me so when we separated I had to pay spousal/marital support to her lazy ass.

I thought she was amazing but once I was stuck with her she turned into the biggest cunt in the world.
>>
>>722818374

You're a fool.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.