[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any firefighters here? I'm undecided whether to go into

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: firefighter.jpg (1MB, 2143x1425px) Image search: [Google]
firefighter.jpg
1MB, 2143x1425px
Any firefighters here? I'm undecided whether to go into nursing or medic/firefighter.
>>
>>722805520
nurse probably pays better but do you want to deal with piss, shit, blood, and vomit all day?
>>
Volunteer firefighter here.
>>
>>722805854
For me I see it good in both

Nursing
better pay
more room for advancement
can work anywhere
-being in a building all day for most nursing jobs
-piss,shit,blood,vomit
-having to request meds from Doc
-charting

Medic/FF
more autonomy
won't have to spend as much time with patients
work with a close knit group of people
-more dangerous (smoke inhalation ect..)
-24 shifts
-less pay
>>
>>722805520
firefighter doesn't pay that well but it will be an interesting, rewarding, and stimulating job. Plus you will have tons of cool stories. My cousin is a firefighter in a large city and every time we hang out he has 10 new crazy stories to tell me. Makes me feel like my life is boring as fuck. He has more excitement every week than I have in a year.
>>
Nurses definitely do make more. However, firefighting becomes very much like a second family to you. It can be difficult nowadays to actually find a paid/live in firefighter position. Medic jobs have long hours and are very monotonous, but make decent money. All three options are a balance of danger, salary, and difficulty.
>>
>>722806256
Did you have any prior training?

>>722806419
Even now as an EMT I see and hear things from patients I would never witness anywhere else. Definitely shit I'll remember when I'm old.

>>722806544
Very true. Trying to figure out which one is proving to be difficult.
>>
>>722805520
Current EMT/FF in medic school. It's a tough racket dude. The hours blow, being white makes it hard to get into the good departments, you have to work with some really fucking dumb people.

The plus is there is no rush like fighting fire. Literally I get a huge hard on everytime.

I also work as strictly an EMT at another place and I get my ass rode hard by some employees there who are pissed they got stuck as medics/emts and that I have a guaranteed spot at my fire department once I get my medic license.

Honestly I like my career choice, but will see how I feel about shit and decide if I want to upgrade to RN or go for PA if 24 hour shifts and the pay isn't good enough.

My current department offering me a full time job only pays $40k starting out and ends at $60k, the other one that is hiring again this summer(i applied once as only EMT and was waitlisted, waitlist ended up not being used), they pay around 44k and top out at 85k-90k for medics. They have a shit ton of people apply since they're a bigger city fire department; but I live inside that city and might have a good shot at it.
>>
>>722807234
Competition for departments is fierce. I love going to calls not knowing what to expect and having an old lady try to punch my partner.

Nursing is more stable and being a male is a ginormous plus.
>>
>>722805520
i sucker punched a campfire one time. does that count?
>>
File: good.gif (2MB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
good.gif
2MB, 533x300px
>>722808327
>>
Don't be a nurse, you don't wanna clean up people's shit every day. Also doctors are cunts and treat you like you're below them. No matter how good or experienced you are
>its a cuckold career
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.