[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternatives to the over bloated, bogged down piece of shit that

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: Firefox-logo.png (816KB, 2000x1917px) Image search: [Google]
Firefox-logo.png
816KB, 2000x1917px
Alternatives to the over bloated, bogged down piece of shit that is now Firefox?

Is chrome still spying on everyone? That's the only reason I don't use it. What's opera like?
>>
File: fznbN.jpg (51KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
fznbN.jpg
51KB, 384x512px
>>
I swapped from Firefox to Opera yesterday. It's faster, has more features and hasn't crashed once. So far would recommend.
>>
File: 1418549054546.jpg (51KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1418549054546.jpg
51KB, 480x640px
>>
>>722779048
I keep trying Opera and keep leaving it because it doesn't work on some sites that I need it to work on. The same has been true for all other browsers, however, not on the same sites though. Currently have both Firefox and Torch running.
>>
File: 1468927581041.jpg (468KB, 1642x1251px) Image search: [Google]
1468927581041.jpg
468KB, 1642x1251px
>>
File: 58178.jpg (125KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
58178.jpg
125KB, 533x800px
>>
>>722779048
It doesn't matter what browser you use they are ALL spying on you. Ig you seek true anonymity then you want tor. Firefox isn't what it used to be and crashes all the time and shamefully unreliable, chrome is a ram whore. Take my advice. use edge it's easy on resources lightweight and stable.
>>
Tried Vivaldi today and it's not too bad. Works with Chrome extensions.
>>
Stop trolling. Firefox is great. if you are having issues then you have a shit tier PC/internet or you have no clue how to use a browser.
>>
>>722779482
>yesterday. It's faster, and hasn't crashed once

you installed it yesterday, why would it lag .
you installed it yesterday, how could it crash ?

>using firefox since 10 years.
>using firefox on laptop. never re installed it or made a cleanup of it since more than 1 years.

Never crashed. You guys are just retard
>>
>>722780576
yep. dickbut mac user complaining because a program crash while they dont know how to use it.

i have many plugins installed and it never crashed. It may take to 1gig of ram when i reach 2-3 hours of youtube for musics and up to 10 tabs at the same time.
>>
>>722779048
https://www.maketecheasier.com/firefox-variant/

have you tried different forks since you like firefox still? pale moon aint bad
>>
>>722780798

Well, it never "crashes" for me. It just gets real slow after awhile. I need to shut it down, run ccleaner and it's fine. Firefox constantly uses 300K + memory in task manager. Is that normal?

I've been using firefox since it came out but it's definitely worse than what it was.
>>
>>722781447
worse ? it feel the same as i was first using it for me. Maybe our ideas of how it was and how it should be now / in future changed?

But yea 300k is normal and great. 290k with 3 tabs (2 /b/ and youtube) since 30 minutes. But yeah after a while a restart is good. But for me no need to use ccleaner. TBH i only have ccleaner for easy registry cleaning. i have 53 programs running in taskmanager (with so system's prog of course, 2 i can disable for the audio but i keep it because it dont use cpu and it only take few K) and zmodeler 3 (3d program i use for GTA 5)
>>
File: firefox.jpg (196KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
firefox.jpg
196KB, 1366x768px
>>722781447
>>722782111
>>
>>722779048

Nothing out there has the add-on support firefox does right now. You can switch to plenty of browsers that are faster on less bloated but they won't have shit for addon support and thats a deal breaker for most.
>>
>>722782301

mines running at 650MB right now
>>
>>722782111

Hmmm, ok.

My hardrive is getting fucked up though, I think that's a cause too. I boot from an ssd drive that's only 50 gigs and it only has 4 gigs left, my cache eats that up in no time. I tried moving the cache location but that 4 gigs still gets eaten up by something. I can't find anything to clean up outside of the winsxs folder but even then, I don't know what to delete from there. It's 14.5 gigs and its the backups from all the updates but they can't all be deleted as they are used during the day for some reason.
>>
>>722782365

All I need is ad block and flash block.
>>
>>722782654

Sure if you're a basic user.

Not so much if you're constantly ripping videos and music off, running 26 tabs at all times, and like to tweak your interface exactly how you like it. If you want to do all that the other browsers simply don't offer it.
>>
>>722781447

The Web is what got worse. Firefox is getting seriously better, with multiple content processes coming in next versions. Look up Electrolysis and Project Quantum from Mozilla.

Trim down on unnecessary addons to avoid performance problems. A clean Firefox install should definitely never crash. Try with a new profile.
>>
>>722782566
once tryed to fuck up my windows on old pc. deleted many folder from winsxs > blue screen.

anyway. if it use winsxs. it mean you're using windows update. and maybe windows firewall and windows defender. just disable it.

check this site and disable those you really dont use. if not sure if it should be disabled - keep it.

http://www.optimizingpc.com/windows7/optimizing_windows_7_services.html
>>
>>722782566
but yeah. full hdd / ssd isnt good. i'm not sure for ssd if it's worse or not or if it can be seen, but full HDD is something bad.
>>
File: firefox.jpg (188KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
firefox.jpg
188KB, 1366x768px
>>722783057
>>722782566
>>
>>722779048
im totally happy with opera for years.
very slim with lots of innovations later seen in other browsers.
you can now even seperate any video from the browser window and adapt it in size and move it to wherever you want. thats awesome.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.