[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we admit T-rex had wings? Or are they literally suppose

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: T_REX_profile_tg6qxo.jpg (140KB, 1815x700px) Image search: [Google]
T_REX_profile_tg6qxo.jpg
140KB, 1815x700px
Can we admit T-rex had wings?

Or are they literally supposed to be the only King of the Jungle animal in the history of Earth that was evolving to be armless?

T-Rexes that can't fly look retarded.

Seriously think about how evolution works: In the animal kingdom, Chads get taller and bulkier and more war-enabled.

A T-Rex with long muscular claw arms would beat a T-Rex with small arms every time. There's no reason they would have had large arms that shrank over time. And a winged one would trounce a T-Rex that merely had strong claw arms. Just imagine 2 flying T-Rex's fighting each other.

And It is only small/nische animals that DO NOT run the animal kingdom that evolve to have wacky methods of life, like frogs/seahorses/bats.

Just

Only animal nisches evolve weird.

Animal leaders evolve consistently.

Dinosaurs had more in common with birds than reptiles.

And Modern science states most dinosaurs had feathers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGHWLiKTp1c

Just look at the skeletal structure. It looks like the T-Rex is missing half its wing bones.
>>
possibly but wouldn't they find wing bones next to the main body when digging them up?
>>
File: Jaekelopterus.jpg (31KB, 564x400px) Image search: [Google]
Jaekelopterus.jpg
31KB, 564x400px
>>722736851
Paleontologists have gotten this sort of thing wrong before, where they think they found 5 different species, but it turns out to be just 1 larger one. They most likely mistake any fragments of wing bones as simply another species that died near the T-Rex remains, perhaps something the T-Rex ate.

I wanna say it's the Jaekelopterus but I think it was something else. I watched a documentary on it.
>>
File: Anomalocaris.jpg (14KB, 334x321px) Image search: [Google]
Anomalocaris.jpg
14KB, 334x321px
>>722736851
>>722737341
Nevermind, it was the Anomalocaris.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anomalocaris
>>
>>722736738
Do you realize how retarded that is?
It was ~4-8 tons in weight. To lift that much and stay in the air a T-Rex would need wings with the span of hundreds of meters,so much larger than it's body that it's basically retarded.
Argentavis had a wingspan that was massive (16-20ft) and it only weighed 50kg or so (still the biggest bird out there),size that up to 4000kg minimum,not to mention very large legs and an un-aerodynamic build. "Tyrannosaurus rex arms are very small relative to overall body size, measuring only 1 meter (3.3 ft) long, and some scholars have labelled them as vestigial. However, the bones show large areas for muscle attachment, indicating considerable strength. This was recognized as early as 1906 by Osborn, who speculated that the forelimbs may have been used to grasp a mate during copulation.[78] It has also been suggested that the forelimbs were used to assist the animal in rising from a prone position.[71]

Diagram illustrating arm anatomy
Another possibility is that the forelimbs held struggling prey while it was killed by the tyrannosaur's enormous jaws. This hypothesis may be supported by biomechanical analysis. Tyrannosaurus rex forelimb bones exhibit extremely thick cortical bone, which have been interpreted as evidence that they were developed to withstand heavy loads. The biceps brachii muscle of a full-grown Tyrannosaurus rex was capable of lifting 199 kilograms (439 lb) by itself"
>>
>>722736738
This is literally the most retarded post I have ever read on /b/.
>>
>>722737641
A t-rex with small arms implies the arms WEREN'T being used. So it's more a quest to figure out how a T-Rex would thrive in all areas but not it's arms.
>>
>>722738285
Tyrannosaurus rex arms are very small relative to overall body size, measuring only 1 meter (3.3 ft) long, and some scholars have labelled them as vestigial. However, the bones show large areas for muscle attachment, indicating considerable strength. This was recognized as early as 1906 by Osborn, who speculated that the forelimbs may have been used to grasp a mate during copulation.[78] It has also been suggested that the forelimbs were used to assist the animal in rising from a prone position.[71]

Another possibility is that the forelimbs held struggling prey while it was killed by the tyrannosaur's enormous jaws. This hypothesis may be supported by biomechanical analysis. Tyrannosaurus rex forelimb bones exhibit extremely thick cortical bone, which have been interpreted as evidence that they were developed to withstand heavy loads. The biceps brachii muscle of a full-grown Tyrannosaurus rex was capable of lifting 199 kilograms (439 lb) by itselfTyrannosaurus rex arms are very small relative to overall body size, measuring only 1 meter (3.3 ft) long, and some scholars have labelled them as vestigial. However, the bones show large areas for muscle attachment, indicating considerable strength. This was recognized as early as 1906 by Osborn, who speculated that the forelimbs may have been used to grasp a mate during copulation.[78] It has also been suggested that the forelimbs were used to assist the animal in rising from a prone position.[71]

Another possibility is that the forelimbs held struggling prey while it was killed by the
>>
>>722738285
Tyrannosaurus rex arms are very small relative to overall body size, measuring only 1 meter (3.3 ft) long, and some scholars have labelled them as vestigial. However, the bones show large areas for muscle attachment, indicating considerable strength. This was recognized as early as 1906 by Osborn, who speculated that the forelimbs may have been used to grasp a mate during copulation.[78] It has also been suggested that the forelimbs were used to assist the animal in rising from a prone position.[71]

Another possibility is that the forelimbs held struggling prey while it was killed by the tyrannosaur's enormous jaws. This hypothesis may be supported by biomechanical analysis. Tyrannosaurus rex forelimb bones exhibit extremely thick cortical bone, which have been interpreted as evidence that they were developed to withstand heavy loads. The biceps brachii muscle of a full-grown Tyrannosaurus rex was capable of lifting 199 kilograms (439 lb) by itselfTyrannosaurus rex arms are very small relative to overall body size, measuring only 1 meter (3.3 ft) long, and some scholars have labelled them as vestigial. However, the bones show large areas for muscle attachment, indicating considerable strength. This was recognized as early as 1906 by Osborn, who speculated that the forelimbs may have been used to grasp a mate during copulation.[78] It has also been suggested that the forelimbs were used to assist the animal in rising from a prone position.[71]

Another possibility is that the forelimbs held struggling prey while it was killed by the tyrannosaur's enormous jaws. This hypothesis may be supported by biomechanical analysis. Tyrannosaurus rex forelimb bones exhibit extremely thick cortical bone, which have been interpreted as evidence that they were developed to withstand heavy loads. The biceps brachii muscle of a full-grown Tyrannosaurus rex was capable of lifting 199 kilograms (439 lb) by
>>
>>722738285
Obviously,you can't read,so spammed the same thing i wrote in my post so you might understand.
>>
>>722738525
i* spammed.
I can't believe you just shrugged off EVIDENCE that the arms were being used extensively in a multitude of ways.
You're a retard and (hopefully) a troll.
>>
>>722738589
Umm... That wasn't evidence. That was suggestions for what they could be used for because scientists can't make sense of why T-Rex's would have small arms.
>>
File: Youwin.png (293KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Youwin.png
293KB, 720x576px
>>722738730
>Suggestions because they can't make sense.
Okay,you got me. Nice trolling.
You did it,good job m8.
You baited me.
You win.
>>
>>722736738
TRex had webbed toes.
That's close enough.
>>
>>722738730
TRex was known to use "tiny hand" gestures to communicate... much like the current president of the usa.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.