[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody here know anything about animating, 3d studio Max, Unity

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: qOZDNAX.jpg (104KB, 500x651px) Image search: [Google]
qOZDNAX.jpg
104KB, 500x651px
Anybody here know anything about animating, 3d studio Max, Unity 5.5 and coding in C#?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>722711374
Specifically exporting multiple animations into Unity from 3ds max, then coding them to all work in sync
>>
>>722711374
Tf, doesnt anyone here do anything productive?
>>
yes. but blender, not max.
>>
>>722711970
what do you mean work in sync
??

can't use animation events and the animator?
>>
>>722711970
Specific animations are set at different places in the timeline, ex frame 100 to 200 is walking , 300 to 3 50 jumping. But it works terrible, many things won't import right you're better off learning the Unity’s built in animation system.
>>
>>722712482
Well im creating a character for a game, in 3dsmax.
Ive made 6-7 seperate animations for him e.g
Walk, run, jump, crouch and so on.
Ive saved them all as seperate .MAX files and want to import them into unity and some how det it up so that when i move around, the 'walk' animation is called, and when i hold shift to sprint, the 'run' animation is called and so on...

Do i import the non animated rig, then apply all the animated versions to him?
>>
>>722712656
So far im able to import them into Unity, and make it so that the animation tuns when i press play, but thats not what i want.
>>
I am a fucking potato when it comes to Unity/ coding.
My main area is 3d modelling/ rigging /animating.
However i need to make my character work properly withing Unity as part of my assessment.
I.e transition from a walk cycle to a run cycle when the corresponding keys are pressed.
Also he has to be able to jump/ sneak...
>>
Bra you're a slapdick, you need to put the mesh/rig in one gameobject, then give it an anim controller or animaton component, with the anim controller its a chart you can use "mecanim" to drive the animations using floats and decimals sent by the input keys using c#. otherwise you can use the animation component to play different animations on your animation list with different keystrokes, also using c#.

google that up, "driving mecanim with c#" and google "adding animations to mesh unity"

Most importantly, don't ever give up. If you give up, you're worthless.
>>
>>722713153
just saiyan, this is going to be hardmode if you have no coding experience. might want to watch a bit of youtube tutorials on "setting up character in unity" and search by most recent, then go from there.
>>
>>722713229
Alright, so create empty GameObject, parent it to the unanimated mesh/rig, give it an animation controller then slap all the animated versions into that and i should be able to call upon them with different keystrokes?
>>
File: 1459086067922.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1459086067922.gif
2MB, 500x375px
bumping if you have more questions OP, i'm working on my game atm in unity
>>
>>722713553
Id appreciate any help you can give.
As i said, i have my rig. And i have about 7 different saves, all with different animations of it, i now just need to get them all to work in unity.
>>
File: 1472532362977.jpg (10KB, 252x244px) Image search: [Google]
1472532362977.jpg
10KB, 252x244px
>>722713477
Yeah thats basically it, you need to access the animation component through c#

need to create a c# script and code something with a bunch of if then statements like

if(Input.GetKeyDown("f")) {
animation.Play("animationname");
}
if(Input.GetKeyUp("f")) {
animation.Stop("animationname");

if(Input.GetKeyDown("g")) {
animation.Play("Gun and run");
}
if(Input.GetKeyUp("g")) {
animation.Stop("Gun and run");

but do that for all desired animations/keystroke combinations and place it in the

void update ()

portion of the script. then attach that script to the desired game object (in this case your character with the mesh, rig and animation component)

if you can figure out that you'll probably be smart enough to fool if you've got some time.
>>
>>722713968
Fuck man that sounds good, ill go have a fiddle.
TY very much
>>
>>722712749
You need to use an animation controller component idjet
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.