[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /b/. Currently wide awake even though i should be dead

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1456632000930(1).jpg (103KB, 555x346px) Image search: [Google]
1456632000930(1).jpg
103KB, 555x346px
Sup /b/.

Currently wide awake even though i should be dead asleep. Two days ago i quit smoking pot for my benefit and for other unrelated reasons. I smoked heavily for the past 3-4 years, averaging about a joint a day. Im experiencing no discomforting side effects besides insomnia. It has been a habit for me to smoke a bit before bed, as i enjoy relaxing and drifting off to sleep. It appears that my body is now waiting for its sign to go to sleep. Last night i slept maybe an hour and it was incredibly uncomfortable, not feeling like sleep as much as just fading in and out of consciousness. Has anyone experienced similar symptoms? If so, when did they cease?

Tldr: i stopped smoking pot after years of heavy use, am i staying awake forever now?
>>
>>722703098
I've been in very similar situations OP. I smoke very regularly and had to sober up for a job. It will vary person to person, but I'd say with an average of a joint a day for 3.5 years, it will probably be 2, maybe 3 months before you get back to 'normal'. I know, it sucks, gonna be a super not fun time, but ive been through it, and can atest, give it the time and you *will* eventualy be fine without the weed
>>
>>722703098
Sup /b/rother

been smoking for 2 years now.
Had the same issues.
But this will fade away in 2 or 3 Days.
Just make a bit of sport, just to be sure that u tired enough
>>
>>722703342
>>722703350
lol, both said 2 or 3, but one said days one said months... kinda a big difference there.
>>
Thanks for the replies bros. I should consider myself lucky i havent experienced any other side effects besides the insomnia so far. If it were mixed with depression, i think i might crack and smoke some lol but so far i just feel completely wired at night time. Hopefully this will pass.
>>
>>722703824
The other big things I noticed from stopping: sweating. I started sweating way more, especially at night when trying to sleep. And during the day I would generally just feel 'out of it' like i was in a haze.

Otherwise yeah, detoxing from weed is really not a big deal, pretty easy to do. Definitely easy compared to getting off others drugs.
>>
Set yourself a new sleep trigger

A playlist, a task, drinking a glass of milk, anything really

You'll be re-trained in two weeks tops

That or try melatonin
>>
>>722704028
Yea i've noticed that myself. Not the sweating so much but the day time haziness. I wouldn't call my experience hazy. Things seem incredibly realistic and lights seem brighter and affect my eyes much more than before. It feels like im constantly in the "coming up" period of an lsd trip. Im also a bit colder than usual. Not freezing, but ive noticed a slight chill. All in all, this is nothing compared to withdrawling from heroin, crack, etc. But still, the side effects are annoying at the most.
>>
>>722703098
Go for you anon. Seriously, you will be glad you did. Pot is safe, pot is safest I'd say health wise, but people never talk about what it doe to your brain, your memory. Do you like to be intelligent? Do you like to remember things clearly? You can't do that while high.
>>
>>722704453
Thanks, this seems like solid advice. I wanted to try melatonin but have heard differing things about it. Was going to pick up some herbal tea (decaf of course) as that seems like it sould help a great deal, if only as a warm and relaxing placebo.
>>
>>722704684
Tell that to my colleges valedictorian. Everyone is different.
>>
>>722704684
Thanks! Im very glad im doing this and i can already notice the difference. My train of thought seems to run but longer than when i was constantly toasted, even after two days. I love weed, i honestly do. But i completely agree, there is no way to be functional while smoking it all day every day. Also its a gigantic financial drain. But, as soon as my life is in order and i feel i can do so responsibly, i plan to enjoy pot occasionally. No where near as often as i have for the past few years, but just enough to make it a special experience that doesn't prevent me from taking control of my life. Sort of like psychedelics.
>>
>>722704784
I work nights and if it weren't for melatonin I wouldn't be able to sleep during the day.
>>
>>722705211
This is true, im man enough to admit that certain people can somehow function while high constantly, it's just not for me. I wish i could but i just dont care about things while im smoking. It eats up my money and my will to do anything productive. But of course this is my experience. There are plenty i know of who smoke every day and somehow manage to be productive.
>>
>>722705395
Interesting, you haven't experienced any negative effects? I cant vouch for the validity of these claims, but i had heard it may be linked to depression. That could be totally untrue, just what i came up with after quickly searching it up.
>>
>>722705751
It's sold over the counter with vitamins and it's safe for kids. All melatonin will do is make you a bit drowsy and sometimes give you vivid dreams. You may be a bit groggier than normal if you don't have a full sleep but it passes quickly.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.