[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Benzofag thread. I have the feeling I'm not the only one

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Benzofag thread.

I have the feeling I'm not the only one here who might have been messed up by benzos.

>No docs telling me it is destructive
>getting rid of it myself
>Off for almost 4 months
>Zombie

Anyone care to share their experience?
>>
>>722663824
I've been on xanax for 3 years for GAD and bipolar anxiety.
I've never overdosed or abused the medication.

I dont see why people have such an issue with benzo's dont abuse them and you're golden.
>>
Never had any trouble coming off a benzo. The attending during my last psych hospital stay stopped me off clonazepam (albeit a smaller dose) cold turkey to start electro-convulsive therapy, had no problems. Sorry, m9, don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>722663992
Right, I agreed with this until I couldn't recall things as clearly anymore. Do you still dream normally?

>>722664130
Interesting. Has ECT helped you?

I suffer from panic disorder.
>>
Just curious if any of you plan on staying on them for the rest of your life?

Anyone who has been on them for years and years (10+)?
>>
File: raped.jpg (55KB, 583x702px) Image search: [Google]
raped.jpg
55KB, 583x702px
It was the most horrific experience I've ever felt. I was going through my divorce and to help with the anxiety and panic-attacks my psychiatrist put me on Ativan. For nearly 3 years I had been on it daily. It didn't really make me feel *high* or anything but I wasn't scared of anything and was always calm.
One time the pharmacy had gotten the count on my prescription wrong and blamed it on me saying I was abusing them. Over the course of the weekend I started feeling very sick and having weird dreams. As the day wore on I began getting more and more nauseous and agitated at everything. I couldn't lay down, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't stand up, I couldn't sit still. Everything around me seemed to be *angry* at me and I couldn't shake it. I've never withdrawn from anything in my life so I had no idea what was happening and why. I was starting to hallucinate and was shaking uncontrollably. Finally I had my gf at the time take me to the hospital er where they hooked me up to an IV and gave me the choice of either continuing being off the ativan, or being given some tapering off doses. They recommended me staying off them because the hardest part was over. For at least 2 weeks that feeling never left. I lost a lot of weight and was scared of everything. I couldn't go outside for a month.
I haven't used them since. I wouldn't wish that kind of horror on anyone
>>
>>722664732
Thanks for sharing, I recognize a lot of it.

I've been on an AD (SSRI) since I was 9 years of age (from '91). In 2012 after visiting nearly every big city in the U.S. I got an existential panic attack in the shower. It scared the hell out of me since I hadn't felt like that anymore since I was 9.

My doctor gave me some Xanax, which felt like a miracle at the time.

I kept using it and even got off my AD in 2016, as I felt like a superhuman and just decided to quit over the course of a few weeks time.

July last year my panic returned in a manageable form, but I also couldn't remember things as clearly anymore. I re-instated the AD.

My gf told me to get rid of the Xanax, so I went to a doctor and asked for Valium drops. I tapered myself off of the drug in 1.5 months time. Still going through a less intense version of what you described now, after the initial withdrawal almost killed me.

Do you feel you have healed? Do you think you have permanent brain damage?
>>
>>722663824
Lol Bennies are weak, I've used them for about 5 years and never had problems, although I do drug mix.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.