[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /b/. I've been thinking of getting a dog lately. One

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: A-rescue-dog-black-and-white.jpg (49KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
A-rescue-dog-black-and-white.jpg
49KB, 640x430px
Hey, /b/. I've been thinking of getting a dog lately. One from one of those rescue shelters. Is this a good idea?

Do you guys have any experience with these? Any good information to know?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170215-025908.png (568KB, 956x580px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170215-025908.png
568KB, 956x580px
>>722488303
>>
>>722488665
lol, Is this true? I've never gotten a dog from a shelter before. How bad are they?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170215-025927.png (338KB, 977x604px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170215-025927.png
338KB, 977x604px
>>722488738
They're not bad. A lot of doggo show up just from people moving and not able to take them.

Avoid puppers the staff are having difficulty with. They'll let you know that stuff though.
>>
>>722488303
got my puppy from a shelter when he was 8 weeks old. part of a litter of 10 that was unwanted. Just like any other welfare recipient: didn't know who/what breed his dad is.

he just turned a year old. he's kind of an asshole sometimes, but he's a good boy.

most of them are good. they just need a chance. they're in a place that sucks, they're stressed, and they're just looking for someone to actually care about them.
>>
>>722489047
>Avoid puppers the staff are having difficulty with. They'll let you know that stuff though.
Will they? I feel like if they have a dog that's a real piece of shit they want to get rid of it and not tell you about it.

>>722489654
The dog I'm looking at is 3 years and 8 months old supposedly. Don't know if that's B.S. or not and they want to make it look reputable.

A part of me wants a puppy, but I don't want to go through the shit of training a puppy and dealing with it fucking the house up all the time so that's why I'm leaning towards and older dog.
>>
>>722489909
i was totally gonna go with an older dog too, but oh well. this is my third puppy, first from the shelter.
he's been the hardest to train, but he's also been the most loving and friendly. i think maybe he's just stupid.
>>
File: Kool aid_0.jpg (23KB, 271x325px) Image search: [Google]
Kool aid_0.jpg
23KB, 271x325px
>>722490173
What kind of dogs do you have?

This one they say is a "Terrier-mix" which I think is a covert way of saying "pit mix". It has the big pit head but it has kind of regular fat dog body.

I don't if the county I live in has any specific laws, but there's laws that exist in this area over specific breeds being allowed. Basically, no pit bull breeds. Have you had to deal with that where you're from?

Pic related
>>
>>722491042
mom was an aussie shepherd. "hound-mix."

i'd be very wary of the "terrier-mix" if there's pit-bull legislation - my apartment complex had a no pit bulls rule when i got the pup. it's totally code for pit-mix.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.