[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's everyone's take on this Russian spy ship

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (26KB, 236x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 236x288px
So what's everyone's take on this Russian spy ship 70 miles off the coast of Delaware and the Russian violation of the INF treaty? Anyone else think that Putin is angry over the "resignation" of Michael Flynn?

I've been thinking about it and this shit is getting very VERY strange, and concerning. Look at the US right now and the division's growing. Everyday it seems to get worse and worse, and tensions flare up more and more. I have a bad, bad feeling Putin may already be taking advantage of the situation and we have the wool pulled over our eyes. We're so focused on Trump and pc culture that it seems like no one cares that there's a RUSSIAN SPY SHIP in US international waters. It's supposed to make its way up to a naval base in Connecticut and turn back. But really, why is it here? I'm just saying, there's some shady shit going on behind the scenes right now and I don't know how anyone could deny that at this point.
>>
File: jan232017bernie.jpg (25KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
jan232017bernie.jpg
25KB, 480x361px
>>
>>722467551
I'm not necessarily shocked. I saw this coming miles away, literally and figuratively. The moment we started talking about nuclear treaties, is the day any form of doubt left my mind.

People wanted the Reagan era back. Well, guess what? They got it. The shittiest part of it.
>>
>>722467551
Why are people acting like russia is our biggest enemy? Beside the obvious "hacking" or "tampering" with our election but before that I thought Russia and us were friends. I feel like they want another Cold War or something
>>
>>722468310
>Why are people acting like Russia is our biggest enemy
>What is Crimea
>What is Syria
>What was the Iran-Iraq war during the 80s
>Who is Putin

I have no clue, anon. I don't know why anyone would be worried about Russia. It's not like they've been seeing what they could get away with recently. They just shot down some of our planes a while ago, and are allegedly moving a spy ship around the coast of Delaware.

Boy, I love Russia.
>>
>>722468310
They were our bitter rival for years and still to this day our countries aren't on the best of terms. Just a little while ago a few Russian fighter jets buzzed a US naval vessel. Is that shit supposed to be okay? We're just gonna sit back and chill when there's a SPY SHIP in our waters? This is fucked, very fucked. I for one don't want another Cold War, but maybe that's exactly what Putin has wanted all along. And maybe, just maybe, this is his chance.
>>
>>722468740
>implying Syria effects you
>implying crimea effects you

should we be the world police? Isn't that the UN's job, why are we dragging our selves into fighting Russia's satellite wars?
>>
OP here

This is the kind of shit I wish people cared about. But no, they're more worried about how many people were at Trumps inauguration and what the pc college faggots are gonna do next. Instead, we should be worried about the deep divisions in our country at this time. Instead of fighting with one another maybe this is the time to put our differences aside and let Russia know "Hey man, this shit ain't cool". But with all the warming up between Trump and Putin I have a feeling Trump won't do much in response to these acts which I would consider to be aggressive or hostile. And it seems to me that Putins doing a lot more than just testing out the waters at this point. He's all out swimming in the shit like it's no big deal. This needs to end before we actually fuck our country.
>>
File: 1486582901681.jpg (34KB, 546x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486582901681.jpg
34KB, 546x480px
>>722469260
>effects
affects
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 540x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 540x334px
>>722468893
Japan pearled our harbor and we buds now. I thought we were cool Russia tho. They are just probing us or trump or getting spies/intelligence in or out. We do the same shit I'm sure...as for the jets thing I never heard about that. I'm not saying it's right but I bet we pull the same shit. I feel like all this is sorta shit distraction
>>
>>722469260
Well, it would directly affect (me). Reason being, if Russia is given free reign to do what it pleases, the moment (our) actions displease them, they would have the subjugated global community to back up their assertions. Not to mention, a majority of American territory, regardless of what you think about it, exists out there. Well shot of America itself.

That is to say, if Russia decides to antagonize the US further, they could just get their puppets to do it for them, before "joining" the fray. It also serves as an example of how Russia is willing to deal with things.

They won't think twice if they think they can get away with it, in one take.
>>
>>722469729

It's almost like you're resorting to correcting words because you have fuck all to say. Stay mad, Amerifat.
>>
>>722469777
You are saying if we (the us) don't react the Russia can do what ever and the world will follow them? I don't follow that logic
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 640x421px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 640x421px
Look at this. New York Times just now. Apparently Trump aides and staffers kept in contact with Russian officials during the election. Wonderful.
>>
File: 1485913570090.jpg (71KB, 708x708px) Image search: [Google]
1485913570090.jpg
71KB, 708x708px
>>722470005
different guy m80
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 640x792px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 640x792px
>>722470450
More of the article
>>
>>722470162
You're not paying attention to Crimea, then.

Here's how the global stage dynamic is right now.

Relations with Russia and the US are on ice. Russia and China have mutual interests concerning the US. Japan is small, and has suffered a handful of setbacks. India is on its way to stepping up its energy game, and so is China. But, China is involved with the Taiwan scenario. The US decided to play a direct role in that scenario.

China doesn't really trust the US. The US doesn't really trust Russia. China doesn't really trust Russia, but doesn't seem to be threatened by them. China is mostly dealing with its own internal affairs.

Russia wants more land. It doesn't give a flying fuck, unless someone calls them out on it. Even then, it's ready to be as provocative and standoffish as possible- as can be seen with regards to how they dealt with Syria, and how the 80s went down. And with Crimea. The US doesn't curry much favor with the international community when it comes to certain regions of the world, especially not now. If Russia is making puppets and states out of the rest of Europe, while the majority of European countries elsewhere like France and Germany are dealing with the alleged migrant crises and terrorism, who deals with Russia- which would then have more "allies" that could "voice" their opinions on international affairs?

Nobody deals with Russia. Not unless it serves to benefit them, and not unless it provides any reasonable doubt in a country's place in the world. And nobody messes with Russia once it builds a big enough safety net. It- Putin, could do whatever the hell he wanted.

It's not that far fetched. Unless you, again, aren't paying attention to recent affairs. Russia- Putin, is testing the waters of what he can get away with.
>>
>>722471060
This is all very interesting and I don't pay enough attention to international politics and such. I'm a scientist and was never a fan of politics but as I get older I'm realizing I can't escape it
>>
>>722471633
Well, I mean no ill will, but you better try to get a crash course on it soon. Most of the bigger countries in the world are interested in Interventionism- all because of the arms race mentality. Whoever has the bigger stick, is essentially king of the hill. Whether that's with respect to the economy, with territory, with supranational influence, or with literal big sticks. And it usually forces the other countries, who would probably like to take the Isolationist route, into having to set up military bases here and there, miles upon miles away from home, just to guard some rocky islands in the middle of the ocean.

Politics gave birth to, and killed, the space race. Politics meddles with medical science. Politics meddles with environmental science. Politics meddles with energy production, it meddles with research. Politics and Science are hopelessly intertwined, and unfortunately, it always seems like Politics trumps Science.

Maybe that can change, if the alleged group of scientists or science-oriented individuals are dead set in running for office later (and in doing so breaching the realm of politics), and maybe later there can exist more equal footing between the two. But for now, if a bunch of politicians say your research grant is stupid, then it doesn't matter if you're two steps away from devising a method to prevent bone cancer- you simply won't have a research grant to begin with.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.