[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /b/, I'm getting a root canal tomorrow and I'm

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1986.jpg (38KB, 590x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1986.jpg
38KB, 590x200px
Hey /b/,

I'm getting a root canal tomorrow and I'm very stressed. Should I be this nervous?

I guess what I want to know is:

>how much does it hurt? It's on my bottom front tooth, like the incisives ones.

>I have a wire in the back of my teeth to keep them staright after braces. Are they going to have to remove it and if so, are my teeth going to become crooked after? The wire's been there for about 5 years.

I guess I've been looking too far into it on the internet so tell me what to expect
>>
File: 1468673547355.gif (954KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1468673547355.gif
954KB, 500x281px
>>722356191
It will hurt a lot. You will be sore afterward. Brush your teeth and gums and floss daily to prevent future infections, so you don't have to experience this pain again. Sorry bro. Here are some tits for you.
>>
>>722356191
MODS!!!

also, dont do it
>>
No doubt it's going to hurt. But just look forward to the day after tomorrow. After it's done just relax. No reason to stress now it's inevitable.
>>
>>722356191

No, it doesn't hurt. There's psychological discomfort from having to go to an oral surgeon and being in that helpless reclining position, but they know what they're doing. I don't know about the wire thing, I'm sure they'll replace whatever is in there.
>>
>>722356191
I've had 4 in my molars. Its not so bad I don't even get pain meds after. My girlfriend got one and was out for like 2 days. Just depends on the person but they are trained professionals so follow their advise.
>>
>>722356331
perfection
>>
>>722356331
Doesn't hurt during, stop scaring him. It will be sore after. That's all.
>>
Had one recently.

Actually doesn't at all hurt aside from the slight sting of the anaesthesia.

The sound and vibration of the drilling however is extremely unpleasant, but in no way painful.
>>
>>722356191
No. I've had several and its no big deal. They are fast and you don't feel pain.
>>
Depends on the dentist. Mine didn't hurt much until the end when the injections were wearing off and he put in the hot filler, then it only hurt for a second or two.
>>
>>722356191
If the wire has been there for 5 years then they are probably going to remove it. It has done its job by now.
>>
>>722356191
I had my first molar done some time ago. Its took 4 visits and it was painful as fuck. As fucking fuck.

But front tooth shouldn't be that bad.
>>
Just remember no matter how shit something is, and you will get over it.
>>
Just go through with it and enjoy the percs/vicodins you get, chill the fuck out an play some video games high tomorrow night
>>
>>722356191
Lol good luck OP - hope you have some sort of dental plan.
>>
>>722356925

Canada my good nigga
>>
Mine didn't hurt during, just a numb sore and discomfort. But then of course it's sore as hell for along while.

Luckily my dentist gave me t3s and I discovered they get me high as hell and wierdly horny for some reason.
>>
>>722356191
Just deal with it you pussy. I had my infected tooth pulled out with no anesthetiser
>>
>>722356191
Probably the most painful thing your mouth will ever feel. Enjoy bro
>>
The procedure shouldn't hurt at all, you'll be numbed to shit and when the root is gone you should be fine. They'll typically give you a few days worth of vicodin just to be on the safe side.

Afterwards your jaw will probably be sore from all the crap that's been going on with it. If you had braces the pain is going to be similar to when you got a new wire or made an adjustment. Its that deep achy jaw pain.

I had one a few months back that took a good 4 weeks to finally calm down, thats becuase I'd been grinding my teeth in my sleep and constantly aggravating the area. Went back to the endo he shaved the tooth down (no anesthesia needed) and I've been fine since.

Follow the post op care, do not chew on that side for the first day, you'll be fine.
>>
>>722356191
Kevin?!
>>
>>722357820
Bonne fête Kevin
>>
Root canal is not shit compared to a tooth infection. Don't stress
>>
>>722356191
Hey Bonne fete Kevin esti continue comme sa
>>
legit the most painful part was the injection... I ask not to have the injection now... It feels strange if anything, and a little uncomfortable for a while after. Though it's a great thing to get out of the way as it'll make your tooth feel much better.
>>
>>722356191
It's all in your head. I've had one done an it honestly isn't that bad. The pain really doesn't kick in until after the fact.

Just try to relax/distract yourself with other shit to keep your mind at bay.
>>
>>722356191
My advice is to Not just "take the pain".

Had two root canals, different times.
I'm apparently resistant to whatever they shoot into your gums and jaw to numb you so I spent the first procedure almost tearing the arms off the chair, thinking it was meant to hurt like that, that there was nothing that could be done.

Next time I mentioned how painful it had been, dentist was shocked. That time they brought in Two syringes of magic juice and it was much better. Still uncomfortable pressure, jaw strain and a kind of ghost pain that tells you it Should hurt, but a thousand times better.

Don't worry. Ask for plenty of drugs.
>>
>>722356191
Root canals are nowhere near as bad as people think unless the dentist is really bad at their job. I've fallen asleep during one. Mostly they're just long. So long as you're numbed up you'll be fine. If you're really nervous ask about gas. If it hurts tell them and they'll give you more numbing shots. Staying quiet is stupid.

Bring your phone and headphones, get the gas, listen to nice calm relaxing shit, and they'll wake you up when they're done if you end up falling asleep. I've had several and this is how I do it pretty much every time.
>>
>>722359036
This is very good advice. If you feel pain, tell the doctor immediately and they can usually at least attempt to make you more comfortable.
>>
>>722356741
Is it a permanent retainer? If it is removed, teeth will migrate toward their original positions.

Dentist will dig out the pulp of the tooth , shhot some anti biotics into the empty space, backfill the empty roots and install temporary crown.

Procedure itself doesnt hurt. Some stinging from the injections. Your face and tongue will remain numb for several hours. Your jaw may hurt for keeping your mouth open for a long time.
>>
>>722358726
Hey salut Kevin merci de m'avoir invité... meme si tu mas pas invité
>>
>>722356191
Depends on the dentist. If you get a shitty one it will hurt like a motherfucker.
>>
File: 1484617619582.png (91KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
1484617619582.png
91KB, 300x246px
Not op here, im actualy also getting a root canal in about a week on my top right k9 tooth. Good thing i live in canadafor the health care
>>
>>722356191
Pop for gas if they have it. You'll be out. It might hurt some after the fact though.
>>
won't feel anything after they freeze it. Relax you'll do fine
>>
yeh here's some advice, dont be a pussy
>>
>>722359840
and what's with this gay french shit
>>
>>722361216

Check l'autre qui capotte avec son hélice
>>
>>722356191
IF YOU ARE OVER 30 DO IT. IF NOT GET IT PULLED. I AM A BOARD CERTIFIED ORTHODONTIST. YOUR TEETH WILL FILL IN IF YOU'RE YOUNG
>>
You should have told them how nervous you are. They would give you a valium or 2 to take before you go to help calm your nerves.
>>
>>722361760
Got one of my back teeth pulled a few years ago when I was about 24, there's still a gap, and my current dentist wants to put an implant in it.

Will it just fill in?
>>
Please make sure your dentist is not a quack who immediately likes to jump to the most expensive treatment.

I had a root canal prescribed and done in the same visit for a slight toothache. I agreed because I was worried about a painful infection.

That root canal ended up going bad within a few years resulting in my loss of the tooth (which literally crumbled in my mouth under the crown), which is now an implant.

Thinking back, I probably didn't even need the fucking root canal in the first place, but it wasn't painful just sore after like other anons said.

>>722362912
I'm not a dentist, but I had a gap from a tooth never coming in and when the baby tooth was pulled (at age 13) it never filled in. It closed slightly, but never completely. So I'd guess probably not.
>>
i wouldnt listen to these monkeys
just had one last month and the only painful thing about it is the few shots you have to take in the mouth
everything else was just uncomfortable but if you can distract yourself for a while it will be fine
>>
Most painful thing I've ever experienced. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy
>>
>>722360628
Dental isn't covered under healthcare dipshit
>>
>>722364126

True but almost any job you get here includes it and otherwise you can get RAMQ(in Quebec, don't know about other provinces) which costs about 500$ at the end of every year but its included along with meds and stuff
>>
>>722356191
Honestly, it hurts. But not as much as the constant pain preceding it. If your dentist is good, most of the pain will be upfront from the needles they numb you with. And you'll be sore after. But again, it isn't shit to the pain you have ahead of time.
>>
>>722356191
had one, no pain. Molar, so 4 roots. The drilling noise just freaks you out a little.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.