[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"bitch" is an insult in english and a couple other

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: question.jpg (79KB, 635x668px) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
79KB, 635x668px
"bitch" is an insult in english and a couple other languages

so, what is it about a female dog that made this word an insult?
>>
>>722323643
They're normally very aggressive and cruel compared to male dogs.
>>
>>722323643
And dogs are lowly creatures. You know. Animals.
>>
>>722323816
Calling someone a deer is a compliment though
>>
>>722323979
>being this retarded
>>
>>722324048
What's the matter deer?
>>
>>722324048
Oh deer somebody is being silly
>>
>>722323979
Dear vs Deer you fucking ignorant shmuck.
>>
>>722325457
I call my wife a doe sometimes when I'm plowing her
>>
>>722323643
Because women are full of shit

Men get called dogs and nobody says shit about it
Women get called bitches (female dogs) and it's a shitshow of sexism and male supremacy

It's how the world works, get used to it
>>
File: opinions.jpg (493KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
opinions.jpg
493KB, 1024x819px
>>722326014

thanks /pol/
that's not at all what this thread is about, but we all appreciate your strong opinions on stuff

strong opinions are important - keep having them and sharing them
>>
Because back in the day it was used by people to claim women were like animals and didnt have souls. at least thats what a crazy feminist told me
>>
>>722327643

OP here.

But that's still missing the point. Why a female dog specifially? Why not a female cat, or pig, or whatever?

What is it about female dogs?
Actually the first reply was the most useful so far (assuming there is some truth to that)
>>722323722
>>
>>722328130
idk but i can tell you the origin of kike
>>
>>722328221

I'm sure you could.
>>
>>722328130
Everyone knows that once upon a time, a bitch was simply a lady dog. Trace its lineage in the Oxford English Dictionary, however, and you'll find that it's been used as a derogatory term for women as early as the 15th century. Back then, it was considered demoralizing mostly because it suggested that the woman in question was promiscuous (an allusion to the fact that female dogs have so many puppies), according to English language historian Geoffrey Hughes. This is, of course, why "son of a bitch" had such a sting: It meant your mother was a whore. That said, "bitch" was far from the most popular insult in Ye Olde English. Dudes like Chaucer preferred the use of words like "whore" or "sluttish."
>>
>>722328758
"Bitch" didn't really catch on as the universal female insult until the 1920s, when all of a sudden its use ballooned. Between 1915 and 1930, the use of "bitch" in newspapers and literature more than doubled. What happened? Women's suffrage.

That's right. That Susan B. Anthony bitch got the right to vote, and men were not happy about it. Soon after, "bitch" became an all-purpose insult for annoying women. Ernest Hemingway seemed to fall in love with the word, calling many of his female characters "bitch goddesses" and, after a falling-out with Gertrude Stein, gifting her a signed copy of Death in the Afternoon with the inscription "a bitch is a bitch is a bitch." He had a way with words, that Hemingway.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.