[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone here play a sport in HS or college? I know this site

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 6

File: 1480654713371s.jpg (6KB, 250x166px) Image search: [Google]
1480654713371s.jpg
6KB, 250x166px
Did anyone here play a sport in HS or college? I know this site is for basement dwellers, but I'm just wondering.

>What sport did you play and was it fun?

>Was the training difficult?

>How much rivalry was there between teams/athletes?
>>
>>722134373
I raced motocross from the time I was about 7 and a half until I was 17 or so.

>Just said, it was extremely fun though, although fun might not be the right word

>It was very physically demanding, I was in the Gym 5 days a week when I got older (middle and high school) and on the bike 3 or more.

>Some rivalry between racers, there was the group that traveled and we knew each other and knew we were basically at the same level, that certainly increased the rivalry. I generally was dominant locally, so no rivalry there.
>>
>>722134373
am D1 collegiate track athlete, AMA
>>
>>722134800
no hate but motocross racers are total chads, did you get a lot of pussy?
>>
>>722134821
congrats if not trolling
what events do u compete in?
>>
>>722134995
1500, 3k, 5k(if I'm unfortunate)
Its a great life if you enjoy the sport and know how to take the advantages that the school offers atheltes
>>
>>722134948
No hate taken. I wasn't a chad, but was pretty physically fit. Social outcast though since I didn't have a childhood.

Did get some pussy in High School, but then I got her pregnant and had a kid at 17. Again with the no social life.
>>
>>722135100
isnt 1.5k the toughest?
>>
>>722135197
did you compete in summer? racing in that heavy suit must be gruelling
was the rivalry generally respectful?
>>
>>722135390
Competed all year. I estimate that we did about 45-47 weeks a year. The suit isn't actually that heavy, it's a jersey, which has a lot of airflow, with shoulder pads, helmet, gloves, goggles, and pants with padding. Plus kneepads and boots. Not too bad, although the 100+ degree days sucked (Amerifag here).

Again with the physically demanding.

Rivalry was pretty respectful, almost nobody ever took each other out, and I never got in an fistfight or anything like that. Respectful, but we would be nervous or fearful of each other, since we were always pushing to win. Beating each other was the only way to do that.

You could pretty much tell what the outcome of a race was going to be at most races before the gate ever dropped.
>>
>>722134373
I played football until I graduated in college.
D1, but nothing brag worthy, we won less than 15 games in 4 years.

Yea, but I loved working out, so I enjoyed it.

We only had had 1 other school to fight with, another shit school.
>>
>>722136088
what position anon?
>>
I played football and baseball through high school and into college then semi pro baseball. My football team mates were great because you're sweating and killing each other together. Baseball was very preppy and had a clique. I wasn't one of them so we didn't talk much.
>>
>>722136151
Wide receiver
>>
>>722134373

Used to play Rugby when i was 12 /13
TWas really good.
We had a really nice team..
A lot of chemistry
Played against older ppl like 15 16 and sometimes we won..
Training was meh..coach did what he could a few of us we were kinda dickheads and we used to hide in the high bushes next to the pitch so we skipped the cardio training.
Now im running 10kms a day to get fit again and start playing in my old team.

There was a lot of rivalry with a teams a 20kms away from us..they were really foccken strong tho.
>>
>>722136434
was college football a lot harder than hs?
>>
I played division 3 soccer. Yeah, it was really fun. Very intense and probably kept me out of trouble. Got only some pussy from it though.

Yes, preseason was always very tough. We had to run 2 miles under 12 minutes (I could do it at 11:15 or so), so spent a lot of the summer preparing for it.

Competition was pretty intense, but nothing like what you see on TV with Michigan v Ohio State, Auburn v Bama, etc. On the team, there was always competition to start and get playing time.
>>
>>722134373
chess, nigga!
>>
>>722135339
yea
>>722135390
wtf I think you have the wrong idea, we just run in shorts and a tank
>>
>>722136990
what position did you play?
also height and weight?
>>
played rugby in college, now play (mens) roller derby
>>
>>722136798
The training was definitely because it's like mandatory. I got caught cheating on an accounting test once and the guy told the coach. I had to bear crawl 800 yards after practice.

I never went in to the season in shape or worked out much in high school. College it's mandatory. They'll run you if you don't work out before camp and you'll be behind and not hit your times in practice.

I coach high school football now and it's not what it used to be honestly. Much more cautious and careful because of heat strokes and concussions.
>>
>>722136996
in b4 chess is not a sport
it's the hardest sport.
>>
>>722137153
roller derby looks awesome, are there any transferable skills between rugby and that or did you have to learn everything from zero?
>>
>>722134373
judofag. got my ass handed to me from Armyfag. dude was a fucking destoyer
>>
>>722137243
sounds pretty tough, must be pretty nerve wrecking in a game
>>
>>722137418
Derby is great, good supportive community also a great way to meet hot women.

There weren't many transferable skills, I was hoping there would have been, learning everything again on skates made everything different. The cardio carried over though...so that was nice.
>>
>>722137559
when was this
>>
>>722134373
Football - Its fun to smash into things when you're wearing pads and a helmet. I used to tackle piles of tires and light poles for fun. Testosterone is a wondrous thing. Did well as a linebacker, but offensive lineman (left guard) sucked. I also learned the meaning of "Irony." In school uniform, we got to fight dudes from other schools and were rewarded with sex and respect. Out of uniform, it would be a gang fight and jail. Go figure.

Track and Field - got to work out with weights a lot, but wasn't very good at shot put or discus. No hammer or javelin available, but that would probably have been a blast. We did get away with turning the assistant coach's faggy little convertible Beetle sideways in a tight parking spot without damage. No security cameras back then.

Wrestling - Did OK, but not exactly crazy about flopping around on a mat with sweaty dudes in tights. The starvation to make weight class sucked. Same season as basketball, so had to compete for grils.

Then I got bored, and started going hiking and hunting, instead. Can't stand to watch sports or be around others when they're talking about "their" team, and "we're" going all the way this year.
>>
>>722134373

I played club hockey for a couple years but quit to focus on snowboarding which I had a shot to do professionally but ultimately decided to just go to college instead.
>>
File: Badass.jpg (69KB, 624x468px) Image search: [Google]
Badass.jpg
69KB, 624x468px
>>722134373
In HS i played
Football, no
LaCrosse, yes until it became about winning aka Varisty
Football, practice wasnt terrible but also wasnt fun. Fuck weight lifting tho
LaCrosse, same as football but more running

Not much but I was from a newly built HS school with no "history" and no one cared about that kinda shit

On the side I rock climbed and played paintball (speedball and I worked at a paintball field) which was a lot of fun.
>>
>>722134373
did rugby and football as the seasons didn't overlap. they let us hit people so it was fun enough the other perks made it worth it. As in the want to be gangsters never bothered us and more general perks like missing class and shit.
for both sports the training was about 2 hours after school Monday-Friday but the rugby training was much harder started with 3km run then some ball handling drills and concepts and much more running. football training was much easier got to stand around a bit.

we sucked out loud so we didn't really have any rivals to knock us off the bottom spot
>>
>>722137800
every lacrosse player I ever met was a gigantic faggot.

fuck you faggot
>>
>>722134373
fuck you op I dwell upstairs, and no sports. only skated, also a waste of my time.
>>
>>722137881
were they east coasters? I noticed most east coaster lacrosse players were douches...im from the midwest
>>
>>722134373
Don't know if it counts, but marching band.
I loved it.
Training was hard, but nothing insane. 9AM-5PM training days during the scorching summer.
Plenty of rivalry. One time when I was on drumline, we all individually took a shit on an opposing bands trophy.
>>
>>722137664
did you get in a lot of fights then with other teams? You probably did ok in those as you were a linebacker
>>
>>722137993
no I'm from the southwest
>>
>>722138027
you are a liar marching band is easy you probably just shit on your boyfriend, faggot
>>
File: Rashae_Parks.jpg (70KB, 624x468px) Image search: [Google]
Rashae_Parks.jpg
70KB, 624x468px
>>722138063
oh i cant speak for those players but east coasters were tho frat faggy boat shoe wearing motherfuckers
>>
Central Indianafag here.
Played in the high school marching band, which isn't a sport at all, but was still difficult since Indianapolis hosts DCI world class each year and the teachers got big dicks about being able to hire professional drill and music writers.

The training was difficult for me because I was an edgy lardass for freshman/sophomore years. After that, I was a good enough musician and cyclocross rider not to care.

Rivalry was high, mostly because we never made it into state competition until my senior year. Judges in the state competition had massive boners for the other schools and only gave us a change the last year. That year, we were 6th out of 15 bands, proving that they purposely gave us lower scores before.
>>
>>722137837
rugby gets you built af no wonder gangster faggots stayed away
>>
>>722137243
800 yard bear crawls? Fuuuuuuuck that.

I played defensive tackle/end from 7th grade til senior year. Was off to a great start until I tore my rotator cuff in my 4th game of the season. Sadly that was the end of my football career, always wondered if I could have played in college.
>>
>>722138119
hate-filled fucker.
>>
>>722138221
being a faggy douchey piece of shit is a pre-req for lacrosse
>>
>>722138119
indiana marching band is fucking cutthroat at the richer public schools because the directors are assholes to their students.
Drum Corps International houses the world-class finals in Indianapolis, which means that after the beginning of the season, the rich public high schools buy drill and music for adult drum corps.

Unless you live there, marching band is easier than a Thai hooker.
>>
>>722138305
better than you, with your cum filled asshole bitch
>>
>>722138473
Thank you. I'm in the best marching band in my state. We worked HARD to defend our title. Sidenote, i'm going to DCI Finals this year in indianapolis.
>>
>>722138483
>Decent rebuttal
vs
>call him a faggot

Hue hue, which do I do?
>>
File: lax.jpg (135KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
lax.jpg
135KB, 640x640px
Lacrosse in hs and still playing for a d1 college (no debt when i graduate)
lol at the haters who couldn't make it
>>
>>722138628
Avon? Fishersfag here.
>>
>>722138628
dude I'm a better drummer than you will ever be
>>
I did D1 rowing
>>
>>722138658
you are a faggot, faggot.
>>
>>722138771
>rowers
the greatest pussy slayers on campus
>>
>>722138029
No, it was just a bunch of Midwestern farm kids blowing off steam. High school stuff. Fights once in a while when we'd beat them at away games. They had to try to regain a measure of honor or something. Sometimes get ambushed walking back to the bus, but we're carrying our helmets and cleats (grass fields, no AstroTurf) and they weren't, so it ended badly for them most of the time. Bus might get spray painted, but no slashed tires or broken windows. We were stupid kids, but there were limits.
>>
>>722134373
>high school or college?
Competitively in high school.
>what sport did you play and was it fun?
Basketball and baseball. I was kind of meh with basketball, I enjoyed practice more than the games. I loved baseball (still do) but there are moments of intense boredom.
>was the training difficult?
Basketball practices didn't end until everybody was throwing up and experiencing leg spasms. I was mainly self-taught in baseball but you can be a complete fatass and play baseball.
>how much rivalry was there between teams/athletes?
I barely got to play in basketball so I don't really remember. I was 6'5" but I sucked ass, they only wanted to play me in center but I was too skinny for the position. We had one big team rival but I could barely tell you my own teammates' names.

Baseball was a different story. I was a first baseman but could play in every position except catcher. I moved around a lot but I was the absolute best no matter where I lived. There was a ton of competition amongst players.
>>
>>722138715
Lived in Avon for freshman/sophomore. how's Fishers?
>>
>>722138272
Same but I had to play offensive line and long snap too. So I was rarely off the field.
>>
>>722138727
post proof?
>>
>>722138727
Why so defensive anon? Is it because you play an instrument group that is so inflexible and retardedly sidelined by other instruments that you have to justify it with 20 other (nontonal) instruments.
>>
>>722138696
what postion? I played in HS, Defense#7, it was fun because we ran manly man on man defense, and i got to defend the X man. It was so much just fucking him and making them get so pissed they couldnt run plays or score anymore
>>
>>722138229
Centerville?
>>
>wrestling
>yeah it was pretty fun the feeling of dominating another combatant fired up my cave man instincts, on a plus side my gf had this game she liked to play where she wouldn't put out unless I pinned her and stripped her. that shit would make me diamonds every fucking time
>everyone was cool except this one kid named aaron who was a massive bitch and would throw a fit if anyone bested him
>>
did XC in high school.
- practice was to run 9 miles ish each day throughout either our local town or in nearby parks/ forest
- not very competivite unless u were the kid that wanted to get to state (i only ran JV with the other 20 kids in our team, only the top 7 are varsity)
- in reality xc got me up and active for the first time, and got me healthy.
>>
>>722138912
Not directed anon, but just because it doesnt have a tone doesnt mean it doesnt take skill to be good.
>>
How did a thread about sports get turned into a bunch of music fags in a piccolo measuring contest
>>
>>722134373
>athletics (100&200m) hard work, not really fun... but the training sessions you made friends in so were decent

>training isn't that intense, 3x week for about 1.30hrs. but when you do train, you have to go hard.

>not much rivalry between teams, mainly athletes
>>
I played Lacrosse as a midfielder. The practice was only tough because we started on the first of February every year, and living up north in the US, you guys know how fucking cold it is in early february. The rivalry was typical snobby rich kid beef
>>
>>722138850
Directors refuse to have auditions for anybody up until next year. Now, they're going to have requirements for the 8th graders to come in.
The directors here are absolute shit. The head director literally called a girl a "disgusting slut" in front of the entire band because she wore bootyshorts to practice in the fall.
Hell, one of our previous directors was caught masturbating to little boys at BoA. He's going to be facing charges.
>>
>>722138912
if you really believe that, you're a fucking idiot
>>
I played football in highschool, but didnt follow the traditional jock route. I trained hard, but i would not go to parties and stuff on the weekend, but chose to watch anime, or spar with kendo sticks with friends.
>>
>>722138027
What instrument anon? I play trombone in my college's band.
>>
>>722138946
Attack here fam.
>>
>>722139085
God damn. I like your band too. Directors in Avon were super cool if you did your job.
>>
>>722138972
was aaron on your team or did you wrestle against him?
>>
>>722139213
Good luck to you next year. I almost did DCI but decided against it. Instead, pushed my savings money into buying a good road bike so I could have fun and participate in the Little 500 in Bloomington next year.
>>
>>722139282
you're a bitch. I'm aaron and I did wrestling so fuck you faggot
>>
>>722138029
Sorry, just figured this out...kinda slow on the uptake sometimes. When I said "fights in uniform" I meant on the playing field. Football as a legally sanctioned rumble.
Did I mention I enjoyed smashing into things?
>>
>>722139343
I'm joining Genesis next year. Just turned world class, and they're evergrowing. Good luck to you too. What instrument do you play?
>>
>>722139154
oh shit, i used to try to piss you guys off so much.
>never let you shot the ball without hitting your stick
>looked for to check the spaces between elbow pads, arm pads, shoulder pads, wrists and gloves
>racked them when they would try to not let me get near a ground ball rolling toward the half field by spreading their legs real wide

shit was hilarous
>>
>>722138027
RCC vet fag here. It's a fuckin sport alright. DCI Shits on football here. Socal fag

>>722138119
comeback to us when your fat saggy ass can run backwards on your platforms while inhaling and exhaling your full lung capacity faggot. You wouldn't last one day in it.
>>
>>722138027
>don't know if it counts, but marching band
It counts, but just barely. You have to march all day in intense summer heat, wear ill-fitting, heavy, and tight uniforms, and carry heavy instruments all day. Plus you're having to exhale while walking up and down steps.

Where I draw the line though, is that everybody in marching band at my HS would unequivocally swear that their training was the hardest out of anybody. Those kids would literally die if they tried out for basketball or football.
>>
>>722139282
He was on our team, a real elitist son of a bitch I wish I could say he was shit but...well the dude can throw down. He could flip guys twice his size and get out of positions that should be impossible. But jesus if anyone ever beat him he'd go into this bitchy little girl mode.
>>
>>722134373
I played Basketball in HS, it was great since I'm a tallfag at 6'3. Played mostly defense but I played it hard.

Training was tough since I had asthma and they pushed me to hell with practice, but I was over it in a months time. Fun overall, made lots of bromances in school and had incentive to get off my ass.

Why wouldn't anyone want to play a sport of some kind in High school?
>>
>>722139567
Mellophone, was section leader for sophomore to senior year because the senior for my freshman year graduated and the only other person capable of doing it tried to kill themselves.

Playing french horn on my own, managed to get into the ISSMA All-State Honor band but not the ISO Side-by-Side program.
>>
>>722139591
RCC kicks ASS. what instrument?
>>
>>722139575
you're a faggot, I play against people like you all the time, you're the worst but it doesn't matter because in the end fitness and skill always win.
>>
>>722139705
I was the front ensemble section leader for sophomore year and i played snare for junior and senior years.
>>
>>722139829
which role are you taking for Genesis?
>>
>>722139591
Trumpet mostly. 6 years, 3 rose parades, and Paris New years. Left when the OG band director retired. New guy is cool, but it's not the same.
>>
>>722139888
Checked, and most likely vibe or marimba for my rookie year.
>>
File: 1486781202954.png (256KB, 348x460px) Image search: [Google]
1486781202954.png
256KB, 348x460px
>>722134373
Middle to highschool but

>Rugby, actually really fun and I'll probably do it again

>Obviously, but it was worth it. I feel good but I need to balance with my leg days

>None actually, we were a big family except for newfags, those ego cucks were ex-football players that think they were better than everyone. They weren't.
>>
>>722139967
Let's hope Geneis doesn't turn out to be another Pacific Crest. They should have stayed in Open Class.
>>
>>722139820
we were good enough to win our conference in HS but Im not going to pretend I or we were amazing.

Also skills fail when Id get them so mad they could think/play straight.

Id also listen to their play calls and start shouting different plays when the Xman was calling them out. They should realize my voice wasnt a teammates but it was fun to try
>>
Any basketball fags in here?
>>
Wrestled for all of my high school career . Varsity and JV captain. Training was difficult, hardest in the school would make the football Queers throw up when they would brag about how hard their practice was . Varsity season was hard for me cause I constantly had to wrestle two weight classes 180 and 190 . Was really good had colleges look at me Appalachian state , Idaho etc... cliche ending where the promised athlete dreams are broken by sudden tragedy (tore both ligaments in my shoulders) now I'm a washed up Coach
>>
>>722139967
Good luck to you. Recently had a friend of mine try out for Cavvies on marimba and not make it in. As somebody who has no experience on percussion, it looks amazing to see people doing 16th runs with four mallets.
>>
>>722139591
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>722140074
Man, pacific crest had so much potential. so sad to see them fail.
>>
This is now a DCI Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=942smREXNvQ
>>
>>722140183
>original
>>
>>722140085
I rarely get mad from those things but racking or checking spaces between pads is just low
>>
>>722140227
The director and staff are mediocre, sad to say. I have a lot of friends who marched there. Same with BD and Vanguard.
>>
>>722140253
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>722140244
>opened link
>nigger
>closed link
>>
>>722140173
have a huge scar on the outside of my middle finger and inside of my ring finger on both hands from 4 mallets. no. regrets. the feeling i get performing is like nothing else.
>>
I played 2 years of JV basketball, 2 years of V basketball, and 4 years of V tennis.
> It was fun as hell in both sports
> The training wasn't really difficult at all - sure, you have to have natural athleticism but assuming you do it doesn't kill you or even really challenge you most times.
> There was a ton of rivalry. Made it so worth it. The most exciting moments of high school were made in competition between rivals.
>>
>>722140123
Yo.
>>
>>722140244
but... they don't even spell out any words, just a giant dick
>>
>>722140353
>Can only see color instead of the only correct usage of trombones.
>>
Thanks everyone for contributing to this lovely new DCI thread and getting the sportballers BTFO.
>>
>>722140380
rivalry was strongest in basketball i assume?
>>
>what sport
Waterpolo for all 4 years in hs. Was pretty gr8, kinda gay since the speedo and repeated grinding between dudes, but got some pussy on the the girls team so kinda wurf. Made a couple of gr8 friends and got captainship my last year so wqs pretty lit too.

>was training hard?
Pretty shitty preseason and mid-season, since our coach would make it manditory that starters ahve to swim a 50m in 24 seconds or below. And treading was awful.

>rivalries?
This one high school in the next city, was like some 80's high school feud or some shit because i hated all these fuckers and whenever we would play so much foul play was happening.
>>
>>722140432
what? you're confusing DCI and shitty low quality entertainment bands like OSU.
>>
>>722140367
Here's to not developing chronic nerve pain.
>>
>>722140458
>things niggers can use instruments right
>is a nigger
>>
>>722140517
I did water polo too
Had to drop out halfway through but the guys that stood for the whole workout all turned into chad's with olympian bodies. What is it about water polo that makes you so fucking beefy. I mean you must admit that it's kinda gay
>>
>>722140569
Cheers. Genesis doesnt like people with nerve disabilities.
>>
>>722140521
Having done central indy marching, I'm so angry that most college bands are horseshit excuses for people to get secretly drunk during games.
IU's Marching Hundred is horseass and I'd rather spoon a hornet's nest than join that after how hard high school band was.
>>
Wottg
>>
>>722140517
water polo can be fucking brutal if you play against a school that fouls a lot. Were they just shit players and had to resort to this crap or what?
>>
>>722140299
>I rarely get mad from those things
good for you, it was fun to disable players mentally when possible and when I played in HS it wasnt hard to do

>racking or checking spaces between pads is just low
yea and fun but hey if you are going to spread your legs as wide as possible to get a ground ball at half field so that i cant get next to you then where else am i supposed to go for the ball then between your legs and i need to pop your stick up so the ball rolls past you and to me
>>
>>722140521
the video is titled "words 2 live by" and they don't spell out any words. how fucking stupid can you get
>>
>>722140514
Yeah, strongest in basketball - nobody really shows up for tennis matches. BUT the rivalry between players was stronger in tennis, because we all played at the regional level and would compete year round against each other.
>>
>>722140646
>What is resistance training?
>Water is high resistance.
>>
>>722140697
Truly hate how college bands are so noncompetitive and shitty most of the time. they're there because they have to be.
>>
>>722140646
Def was pretty gay. I thought everyone was gay when i joined freshman year. Tbh the reason the guys are so fuckin swole bc the fact that ur using all of ur stregth to stay afloat, control ball, and wrestle for the ball; so its like an extreme whole body workout.
>>
>>722134373
Football and Wrestling
would not reccomend Football
after 10 years (middle through highschool and practice team in college)
I have Arthritis in one of my knees and worry about the concussion i got in a game where I knocked helmets with another guy.
Wrestling on the other hand was a bit gay but helped me get in condition for Football
>>
>>722140767
tennis gives you an awesome body though bet you had lots of girls mirin in school
>>
I played tonsil hockey, oh yaaa
>>
>>722140828
I just don't understand why people want to continue to be in them for year after year. The music is poorly arranged pleb-shit and most of the shows are pointless.
OSU can kiss the fattest part of my ass.
>>
>>722140948
>Underage
b&
>>
>>722140737
Nah those fuckers threw elbows in wholeset or would just do the whole hands up but drowing shit. Every game we played we would both have at least one person rolled that was the carry starter so it made shit that more intense.
>>
>>722134373
baseball growing up
football in jr high and highschool
wrestling basketball and track in 8th grade

no

none. we didn't know anybody we played they were just other schools, most of em we didn't even know where they were and we certainly didn't know anybody from them.
>>
>>722140956
They do marching shows for facebook grandmas to share with their grandchildren in marching band.
>>
>>722141053
fuck that, what position were you?
>>
I ran 110m Hurdles in high school. It was pretty fun being able to do something a lot of people can't do.

Training wasn't too bad. My coach was a big marathon running back in the day, so there was a lot of endurance training.

There was a healthy competition between the other hurdler son my team. Exasperated by me being the only white hurdler.

I was pretty good at it compared to other white kids. Never pursued it in college.
>>
>>722137881
Must not have gone to duke
>>
>>722140910
you have no clue the abs just come naturally because of how much core you do while playing
>>
>>722141143
Driver was pretty good at it too. Got like 10 goals one game
>>
>>722141221
no homo but were you allowed to practice shirtless when it was hot?
>>
>>722134373
>Lacrosse, and it was fun as hell

>Training was tough in high school but cake in college (my high school team would probably beat my college team)

>Rivalries mostly friendly. We mostly partied together
>>
>>722141360
>driver
so you probably got a lot of shit from the heavier defense players? would they elbow you in the face or what?
>>
>>722134373
Football. The training is always hard for the first two weeks then after it is fun. There is alot of compition in the team for positions and the pecking order for shit talking. Really the best experience ive ever had.
>>
>>722141455
>would they elbow me
It was a swimming pool full of elbows for me and several kicks to the dick or knee caps fuck those god damn trojan niggers
>>
>>722141475
did your Knees take a beating? I know mine did though I played Nose so i was always getting chopped blocked
>>
>>722141380
i had a teammate who would do that during boys team practice. but at the academy most of us trained at, it was kinda a rule to keep the shirt on because we were at a club. But we would change shirts between practices or when it required, because every hour or so on the court in the summer means that you can literally wring your shirt out w the sweat it has
>>
>>722141837
you ever had to stop playing because of an injury?
>>
>>722141929
yeah i figured, playing tennis in summer is no joke you sweat like a fucking camel.
>>
>>722142213
yeah i struggled with heat strokes all the time in the summer, would get heat chills and have to stop at least 4 times / month
>>
>>722141984
NAh im not a pussy i had to stop playin for a bit tho bc of a skateboarding incident
>>
>>722134373
Did anyone here play a sport in HS or college? I know this site is for basement dwellers, but I'm just wondering.

football, yes
only double days
decent rivalries, small town only five high schools
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>722142459
not even pros can handle the exhaustion sometimes, people underestimate just how tough tennis is, mad respect.
>>

Wrestling and Football
Up there on one of the hardest things ive ever done
the hatred people have between others when they compete is insane. especially in contact sports.
>>
>>722142901
what position in football? also weight in wrestling?
>>
>>722139016
ayy, fucking xc
what region
>>
xc/indoor/outdoor, 800, 1600/mile, 3200 (if unlucky)
brutal but fun
thought it was brutal while I was doing it, but realized that other teams probably had it worse
(I'm from an urban area (NYC, actually), the people who were from further out were generally better)
some rivalry. our school tried to fuck up stuyvesant hs on the reg in almost everything
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.