[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just wanted to say I really slowed down on my weed smoking and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 24

File: kk.jpg (62KB, 552x618px) Image search: [Google]
kk.jpg
62KB, 552x618px
Just wanted to say

I really slowed down on my weed smoking and things have been much better in my life

I'm exercising again, more focused at work, less tired, sleep better, eating better

For like 3 years I was smoking heavily everyday and blaming everything else but the pot, nope.

So, if you need to improve you life and don't think it's the weed, give it a try anon. The hard part is over after a few days
>>
I'm about to quit because on the 19th I go on a new medication and i want to start fresh. I've been a once a day smoker for about 4 years now, and although its usually a small amount (quarter will get me through two-three weeks) its always regular.

Any tips to cut back? I work and go to school almost every single day so I find myself jonesing the most when I'm stressed after a long day.
>>
>>721079501
You smoke or use anything else?

I always mixed mine with tobacco, so now I'm just vaping (lolol) but it's working

I also suggest working out. It seriously gives you a high that I forgot about
>>
>>721079276
Careful - potheads are some of the most irrational, easily triggered cunts on the planet when you even hint at suggesting their drug is anything less than magical medicine for life itself.
>>
>>721079276
in other news, that is one dense ass nug
>>
>>721080062

I do work out, and getting into better shape has been giving me the confidence I need to distract myself from smoking. It just hasn't been enough.

I usually just smoke straight and am a social drinker (once or twice a week). They tend to go hand in hand though, so I'm okay with smoking on those instances. I'm a fairly responsible smoker, in that I don't go into work or class high. I only smoke on my downtime. I suppose I need to start actively occupying my smoke time with exercise time instead.

Pot is just such a beautiful and helpful plant. I know I'd be happier if I met a comfortable compromise between focusing on getting myself in a better place and smoking. But smoking ruins my self control lol.
>>
>>721080234
So fucking true, you cant even say no when they pass the bowl(unless you wanna fight) don't hang with those guys anymore
>>
>>721079276
Ive been through this. Until stress finds itself back, then the cycle starts over
>>
>>721079276
I do good in school, exercise and eat well and smoke weed everyday

I do feel a lot tired when I smoke though. I feel like I'm more alert/woke when I quit smoking for a few weeks.
>>
>>721079276
>exercising again
The only time I smoke is before exercising. Especially jogging or hiking. Fantastic.

Nice moon rock btw
>>
File: fuck.png (2MB, 765x917px)
fuck.png
2MB, 765x917px
>>721080523
You sound pretty responsible about it dude. Not me, and that's the difference.

Stopping all together is going to be tough, but as long as you keep your priorities straight, I wouldn't worry too much.

Don't get me wrong, I love weed. I think part of my issue is the bud around me isn't always medical grade, so it has heavy burn outs. So if I smoke first thing of the day I'll be exhausted 2 hours later all evening
>>
I never really understood why people smoke everyday, can anyone tell me? Is it really a high if you're that way all the time?
>>
File: 1485669918635.jpg (352KB, 906x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485669918635.jpg
352KB, 906x1024px
Weed makes my anxiety and depression a lot worse

I wish it would help with depression like some people say it does :(
>>
>>721080889

Where do you live out of curiosity? I'm in Tampa, Florida and the stuff we get here is regularly gas. Haven't had to buy less than medical grade in over 8 months and even then its about a once a year thing when all my guys are in short supply out of grow season.
>>
File: IMG_020117.jpg (671KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_020117.jpg
671KB, 700x933px
>>721079276
I'll take it under consideration

>NAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>721081067
I smoke all day everyday mother fucker xD i just blazed up with the gf on a drive for food. Had to hide the smell on the way back into my 'rents house. They aren't cool with it but I do it anyway.
>>
>>721081067
No, it just makes things more bearable. So it's good before shitty tedious tasks

>>721081172
You need to smoke something that gives you a body high nigga, not mental high. You're getting paranoid from smoking sativas and not indicas
>>
Same boat OP. I'm stopping today and not sure what's next
>>
File: ffff.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ffff.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>721081354
>rebel without a future
>>
File: meee.jpg (38KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
meee.jpg
38KB, 960x540px
>>721081186
Bahston lol

Just legalized though so hopefully we'll see some change. Am I right tho? Med grade doesn't cause a heavy burnout?
>>
>>721079501
>Any tips?
Hobbies, reading, anything that distracts you from the fact that you're "not high right now". I usually like to go on wikiwalks because retaining information while reading is hard when you're high. Its nice to do something that reminds you of how awesome it is to be sober while you're doing it.
>>
>>721081067

I have terrible anxiety and ADD so I can't be high all the time. Its limited me to the point that if am really baked in public I'll get extremely nervous, but if I'm with my close friends or by myself I'm perfectly fine. I'm told by my friends (specifically the ones that smoke literally every day before work) that it calms them down, straighten them out and lets them deal with more garbage from shitty customers and coworkers, etc.

>>721081172
Use it the way you want to use it. Don't smoke blunts with people at parties. Don't smoke with your dealer excessively. Don't smoke with girls or people you don't know. Start small: smoke by yourself and immerse yourself in your favorite activities. The way I conquered weed (and how it ended up helping my anxiety) is to smoke before I go to the movies by myself. After I realized it wasn't a big deal to be super baked it made me dull to the things that used to affect me negatively. Once you learn how to harness the high it will greatly improve your experiences. Don't be a slave to the reputation of the social drug.
>>
>>721081409
>You need to smoke something that gives you a body high nigga, not mental high. You're getting paranoid from smoking sativas and not indicas

All weed makes me feel the same, seriously. Funny enough I tripped the hardest on OG Kush which I believe is Indica dominant
>>
File: mmhh.jpg (62KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
mmhh.jpg
62KB, 728x546px
/b/ros

I like smoking, but when I do almost every time I realize how delicate my body is

Then I can feel myself being stabbed, or having my limbs be ripped off in a car accident

All the while all my friends are just playing xbox and eating doritos
>>
>>721081186
>FL
Did they actually implement that vote to legalize or are they dragging their asses like they did with Charlottes Web? That "constitutional amendment" vote was bullshit.
>>
>>721081703
You're probably mentally retarded.
>>
>>721081550

More or less. Not to sound like a dick but I can't remember how I felt the last time I smoked regs lol. Its more like the entire experience becomes cleaner when you know when the high and lows hit you.

Then your dealer gets a fresh batch of Blue Dream and it fucks your shit up all over again. But overall yes, the burnout doesn't really happen.

Idk about you or fellow anons, but the "burnout" for me occurs less when I know I have weed in waiting for me in my stash. Almost as if the reminder that I could smoke again if I wanted to chills me out.
>>
Currently once a day smoker since about a year ago. Man I hate realizing Im loads better at Siege when sober. Went from Platinum III to Silver II.
>>
>>721081497
Hey man, I'm pretty bad ass, step off
>>
>>721081703
Your body is delicate. You could die at any time. At any moment, someone could walk up and stab you to death in a parking garage, or at a bar, or in your own home. You're never safe from the threat of death. Its everywhere.
>>
File: 1482971746423.jpg (142KB, 1023x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1482971746423.jpg
142KB, 1023x1007px
>>721079276
I need to quit too but damn is it much harder than I thought. Weed just makes me not do anything with my time. I used to be so fucking social and now I smoke weed and stare at my steam games library or watch netflix.
I put myself in this hell but I need to get out.
Advice?
>>
>>721082059
This
>>
>>721082059
Smoke more, pussy xD
>>
>>721081761

Its been implemented alright, but it'll be years before we see any results. For now we have that Charlotte's Web garbage that is free of THC. Besides, its exorbitantly expensive. Its straight up for children with cancer and people with AIDS and shit like that.

Lucky for us we're getting it decriminalized almost everywhere. Less than 22 grams can be a write up if the officer chooses. Basically, if you get popped with gram at a concert you'll get a 200 dollar ticket and they'll take your stuff. Not so bad considering the previous alternatives.
>>
>>721081919
>dealer
Theres your problem. Your dealer only knows what his source tells him about the strain. He could call it cherry asshole and you'd have no way of knowing which strains were bred to make it or what the THC percentage is. He can call it top grade shit and it could be shwag from the 70s. Unreliable as fuck.
>>
>>721081630
I'm pretty introverted but my favorite way to smoke is with friends. Talking and doing stuff together distracts me from my thoughts.

I'm alone most of the time though and only hang out with friends 2-3 times a month. When I smoke alone I get too much into my head and sometimes close to panic attacks. Even if I'm playing video games or watching something I catch myself being in my head.

The only way I see myself enjoying weed is if I felt that everything in life was okay, but I have too many worries
>>
>>721080478
its called moon rocks lol kinda harsh hitting tho cuz the oil
>>
>>721082266

Normally I'd say that you are right. When I was 18 or 19 back in 2011 when weed was significantly harder to obtain I used to get my head slapped left and right. "Yeah man this is real sour diesel" they'd tell me, and charge extra 5 for every gram. I had no choice so I'd do it. Now that I actually know my shit and that weed is so easy to obtain, I put up with much less. The people that I buy from (who are actually my RL friends) know exactly where it comes from, the strain (which is usually on the package if its from a legal state), and if its sativa or indica. Not to mention I'm pretty decent at curating the strains just from looks and smells at this point.

PS Real sour dies is the best strain out there
>>
I quit two months ago before a job interview and I finally got an offer.
However I have to pass a hair test so I used some hair relaxer and burned the shit out of my forehead.
>>
File: duggar-family-1024.jpg (265KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
duggar-family-1024.jpg
265KB, 1024x768px
>>721079276
My type of work requires me to work with families like this. Perfect, Christian types who do EVERYTHING together and are so squeaky clean it makes me want to blow my fucking brains out. So I smoke, it's the only way to cope.
>>
>>721082327
Same here but when I have no obligations I think it is pretty nice to escape into the ol noggin.
>>
>>721082059
Man start weaning yourself.

How do you smoke? I switched from spliffs everyday to a bong and that reduces a lot

Then, make the decision to not smoke and go do something for the day. Smoke a bowl before bed and repeat. You'll find yourself much less dependent.

GL anon
>>
26 years old, never smoked weed in my life until last year. Been smoking weed everyday for 1 year now. I usually only smoke when I'm at home, chillin on my computer after work. I've tried going to work and being outside while high and I didn't like it.

Is there a chance I could end up increasing my need of marijuana over time and be an issue?

Like I said, I enjoy smoking everyday but only after work.. or when I'm home and it's usually 1 joint a day on weekdays and I don't really keep track on weekend but I'm high 24/7 cuz I'm gaming pretty much
>>
>>721082211
>straight up for children with cancer and people with aids
Shit, I moved down there because of the "Epilepsy Center" in Tampa and I STILL couldn't get access to CW. I tried but every single doctor down there treats you like an addict looking for a fix. Even when you have over a decades worth of paperwork proving you have a condition. I had one of my neurologists look me dead in the face and tell me, "I don't think you even have epilepsy". That place was a fucking nightmare but whats worse-- the locals have no idea how shitty they have it because its all they've ever known. They treat each other like SHIT. Its unbelievable.

And yeah I figured there'd be some kind of hang up like that. There's always a catch with that fucking place.
>>
>>721079276
good for you anon!
keep it up man
>>
File: 1485028495809.jpg (10KB, 256x288px) Image search: [Google]
1485028495809.jpg
10KB, 256x288px
>>721082327

I feel you dawg, I was in that spot too. Once you realize your life is in a constant state of turmoil, as most peoples' lives are, it becomes easier. If you put getting high up on a pedestal it will never become a relaxing thing. It will transform into a taxing process that isn't worth the cost or time spent (or wasted).
>>
File: 100percentpurekek.jpg (33KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
100percentpurekek.jpg
33KB, 600x375px
>>721082530
>Team Gorilla Glue
fuck you.
>>
>>721082596
I have a tiny little one hitter and that is it.
Yeah I find forcing myself to only smoke if it is past 10pm helps a ton. I still won't consider this addiction though.
>>
File: aTChIMl.jpg (72KB, 680x591px) Image search: [Google]
aTChIMl.jpg
72KB, 680x591px
>>721081172
same here man. but only when i'm feeling down or worried. i just can't smoke in those times. but after things financially and emotionally took off for me and i was relaxed in my state of being.... weed was fucking great.
>>
>>721081630
I remember thinking I had anxiety and ADD and then I stopped smoking and my anxiety and attention improved drastically. Smokers are incredibly uncomfortable around others who aren't getting stoned with them. I remember I'd have full on panic attacks if I went too long without smoking and I convinced myself that smoking helped but actually it was what was causing my issues.
>The way I conquered weed
Do you actually think you're in control? Why don't you go cold turkey and see how long it takes you before you're a screaming crying mess and then try to preach that weed doesn't affect you.
>>
>>721083019
Was there anything that helped you quit?
>>
>>721082679

I'm a floridian born and raised so I'm well aware of our blatant problems. On the same note though, our problems make us a very unique state with our own identity that is impossible to recreate in any other state.

Our pill problem is no joke; trying to get help for any ailment, particularly if you are out of state, is very difficult purely because we have so many whackos. I would not recommend anyone move here *except* you're in it for the weather, water or any other Florida exclusive commodity. I love my state but god damn it can suck sometimes.
>>
>>721081172
It makes my depression a lot worse, but only because when I'm sober, I realize how lame everything is.
>>
Idk what everyone's on rn but how much is this in grams? Wondering how bad I got ripped off
>>
>>721079276
best part about this thread. pot is a gold mine. reconsider yore life decisions faggot. getting a license to sell the shit in a "legal state" is better then hitting the lottery.
>>
File: 1486014047264-814324445.jpg (2MB, 3024x5376px) Image search: [Google]
1486014047264-814324445.jpg
2MB, 3024x5376px
>>721083222

This
>>
>>721083338
fooling no one
>>
>>721082327
I mean, weed probably just isn't for you. If it constantly brings you to the brink of panic attacks whats the point? You're throwing money down the drain just to go home and have an existential crisis alone in your room. I don't think its that you have so much to worry about though. It reads more like you just worry in general. If you're anything like me, even if you had nothing to worry about you'd worry about the fact that you're not worrying which means SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG REEEE. Its hard to stop that process. When I figure out the solution though, I'll let you know.
>>
Kek any idiot that thinks pot improves their life in any way is 15 or just irrational. I use to be a big pot head along with other drugs. Pot fucked me up just as bad as hard drugs, made me an anti social anxiety provoken freak with depression. Once in a while smoking is cool but being a stoner sucks.

I'd recommend any of you anti social recluses to quit and see your motivation rise. I've come back from the depths of hell. Ask me anything...
>>
>>721083222
You mean OPs pic? Its a moon rock but I'm not sure how much they're going for. I only just found out about them a few weeks ago.
>>
>>721079276
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/
>>
>>721082668
Yeah dude. If you can, I'd say try smoking every other day or something max

I was smoking once a week. Probably going to go back to that
>>
>>721079276
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/ ..
>>
>>721079276
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/ ...
>>
>>721079276
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/ ....
>>
>>721083102
It got to the point I was going to lose my job and get kicked out of my place if I didn't stop. Ideally you wouldn't need a wake up call but you can tell somebody something a million times over but they have to fuck up really bad for themselves before they get it.
After everything kinda came crashing down I weaned myself off of it. Took a couple months and I still crave it all the time it doesn't go away. What you can do is get addicted to something better for you. Get addicted to exercising and eating healthy and prioritize social events. The hardest thing for me is that all my friends still smoke a bunch so I had to remove a lot of people I really cared about because I can't be around that all the time the temptation is really bad and admittedly I slip up every now and again it happens. Wean yourself off of it and make small changes and before you know it you'll look back at all the time you spent on your couch covered in doritos and laugh at how in control you thought you were. It gets better but you have to want it.
>>
I'm in college. Stopped smoking. Grades up, started exercising, feel more focused.
>>
>>721083599
Are you clean now
>>
>>721079276
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/ .....
>>
File: 1472421215872.jpg (153KB, 630x907px) Image search: [Google]
1472421215872.jpg
153KB, 630x907px
>>721083444
Weed was amazing back in high school because I had no care in the world. My only responsibility was to show up to class and pretend to pay attention, shit was great. Would come home, pack a bowl and just sink into my bed listening to reggae... complete euphoria and peace. Life's a lot harder though and I do tend to worry a lot and weed just enhances the feeling of worry :( I honestly feel like I won't amount to be anything in life and shit just kills me, I hate being an adult
>When I figure out the solution though, I'll let you know.
Please do!
>>
>>721079276
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/ ......
>>
I -wish- quitting weed would make my life better, it was shit before and is pretty shit now. Only difference is that now I have something to look forward to most nights. Any advice/thoughts?
>>
>>721079276
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/ , ......
>>
>>721083856
Well i live in a sober living so yea i'm clean off everything. Took a long time though, i know how hard addiction is. All i know is if i relapse back to drugs, i don't want to be a stoner again. I got absolutely nothing done but be a pro gamer....
>>
>>721083828
Thank you for the advice anon. Godspeed
>>
>>721079276
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/ __
>>
>>721083619
they're ~100+ an eighth
>>
>>721079276
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/ ////
>>
>>721083444
Heres the thing with weed. I smoked a shit load of it when I was a teenager about 2-3 grams a day (late 20's now) I never had a bad experience till I hit my 20's one day out of nowhere I took a hit out of a gravity bong.. it hit me so hard that i seriously thought I was about to have a seizure.. I started panicking, borderline tripping, and freaking out hard.

After that I was really never the same again. I smoke still till this day. but the thing is I can't smoke anymore then a bowl a night before I got to bed it always results in a panic attack if I try to smoke during the day.
>>
>>721083149
See thats the thing. I didn't know about ANY of those floridian stereotypes before I moved down there. When I started telling people about my plans, thats when people started saying "watch out for the addicts!" "watch out for those crazy drivers!" "watch your fucking ass because they'll fuck you over in a heartbeat". Wish I could've listened but I had no choice. I thought they'd be able to help more than the doctors I had at the time. Instead I just spent 3 years chasing my tail trying to get any neurologist to actually believe me when I told them that my medication wasn't working properly. I had no idea there was even a pill problem until they started treating me like that. As a state, its easily the most heartless place I've ever lived. Not a long list, since I was born and raised in Texas, moved to FL, and now live in CO. But still, I've never seen anything like that before. Borderline dumbfounding to me that you guys can be so mean to each other and constantly try to trick each other with insurance scams and the like. I guess I just couldn't handle that "look out for numero uno" mentality but thats what you get with GOP paradises unfortunately.
>>
>>721079276
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/ ,,,,,,
>>
>>721083417
How much is that bro?
>>
>>721083338
tiny brussel sprouts
>>
>>721079276
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/ .......,,,,
>>
>>721084180
a half
>>
>>721079276
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/ ;;;;;
>>
>>721079276
I smoke "all day, err day". I have for nearly a whole decade. It helps far better than anything with my depression and anxiety. While people are coming around and realizing it's nowhere near as harmful as propaganda led us to believe, weed DOES have some major drawbacks.

Weed will make you lazy. And if you smoke all day when you're off work, you likely have a lot of trouble getting housework done, going out and hanging with people, meeting women, keeping fit, etc. Also, I was fit all my life till I became a regular potsmoker. Now after a decade of pot, I'm about 50 lbs overweight and I rarely exercise or eat right.

So I'm quitting for a bit. I'd like to get fit again. I'd like to have a house that doesn't have a month worth of dog fur in the carpet, a bathroom with mold in it, and a pile of dishes in the sink. I'd like to begin to eat right again (eating right comes naturally for me if I don't smoke, when I'm high I overeat like crazy and eat bad food) and workout (I never go to the gym despite having a membership if I got weed at home, I just think "fuck it, I'd rather do a J").

Weed can make a shitty life much less painful to you.... but on the other hand, like most crutches, it can make you SO tolerant of a shitty life, that you never move to better yourself.

I know weed doesn't affect everyone like that. I know some "fit as fuck" gym bros that smoke daily, have good social lives, and keep their places clean.... but not everyone is that way. I'm particularly envious of the dudes that can smoke all the time without getting the munchies.
>>
>>721083222
that nug is probably about 2g's. You probably do not have a moon rock though
>>
>>721084113
Wow that's not even that bad, all things considered.
>>
>>721079276
Works differently for everyone, It helps my depression quite a bit and really gets me interested in my class material. I probably would have killed myself if I didn't start smoking when I did
>>
>>721079276
Free yourself from the hiveminds
>>
>>721079276
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/ ,,
>>
I wanna solve a missing persons case. I have no idea how to go about doing this, or where to start. How will getting high help me?
>>
so who's dabbing?
>>
>>721079276
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/ kek
>>
>>721084413
Well, you could get very baked, get lost, and then find yourself?
>>
>>721079276
Count the brainwashed neckbearded in this thread.
>>
>>721084392
Pretty pathetic when you have to include extra characters in your comment, because you don't know how to properly spam post.
>>
>>721079276
>improve your life

I've smoked more weed then you'll see in your lifetime yet somehow I can still into grammar.
>>
>>721083920
Fix your fucking attitude. If you think the only solace you'll ever get in life is a bowl then you've got a lot of growing to do.
A Canadian scientist named Bruce K Alexander did an amazing study on addiction called Rat Park I highly suggest researching it.
To summarize- being overall more healthy and connected feels better than getting stoned alone on your couch every day ever will.
>>
>>721084331
yeah, that will keep you nice and fucked for a while
>>
>>721083019

Nigga please. I was diagnosed with ADD 3 years before I smoked my first bong rip. There was a point in my life where I used it as crutch for many aspects of my life and suffered because of it.

Now I'm 25 and work a much better job with a much higher income. I can quit any time I want and have done so several times. Not everyone is in dire straights and are forced to quit because of bad reasons; sometimes it has to be for personal, inner reasons. Not every person is a hood rat who can't stop smoking blunts and spending their last pennies on ten sacks.
>>
>>721079276
I have PTSD. I smoke right before I go to sleep. But I notice if I miss a day my fuse is much shorter than even before. But if I don't smoke before bed I am plagued by nightmares.
>>
weed helped me quit drinking. I was in a serious situation. weed is probably the thing that saved my life.. haven't drank in 2 years now. yeah whatever replacing one thing with another.. seriously the AA system is retarded as fuck. once in alcoholic always in alcoholic or as the saying go's once a addict always a addict. but I would rather be smoking bud then killing my liver with booze.
>>
>>721079276
Eh I'm a regular smoker and I don't have the problems you seem to he having. But I also only smoke at the end of the day after all of my responsibilities are taken care of. I'm not surprised you're doing better though. Too much of anything is rarely good for you. Hope you're able to find a balance that works for you. Its a lot like alcohol in that everyone needs to figure out what works for them and their lifestyle. My brother smokes so much that it makes me cringe because he doesn't know how to moderate his consumption and it is clearly effecting his life.
>>
>>721084301
This kind of. I mean Ive been smoking everyday for the last 4-5 years and its hard to be productive but not entirely possible.

I think its more of a mental block than a chemical one. You just have to motivate yourself to do all the things you don't want to do because you're high/lazy/tired/whatever and then eventually being high becomes more of a footnote in your life rather than a highlight. Still haven't figured out munchies though. Its fucking me up. The only thing that helps that one is will power, which unfortunately I dont have.
>>
>>721084414
Right here my nigggga
>>
File: mindblown.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
mindblown.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>721084501
>>
>>721081703
I thought i was the only one
>>
>>721084758
>yeah whatever replacing one thing with another..
one of them kills 90k people in the us every year and the other has never killed anyone
>>
>>721079276
The venture out of degeneracy, let trumps embrace lift you.
>>
File: gg.png (183KB, 2136x1124px) Image search: [Google]
gg.png
183KB, 2136x1124px
>>721079276
fuck all ths ugly guys losers that is ugly as shit
>>
>>721084758
Marijuana did the same for me. It helped me cope with quitting both alcohol and opioids cold turkey. My family didn't give a shit that I was probably going to have a seriously rough time quitting, so weed was there for me. Now I don't drink unless it's new years, christmas, or my birthday, and I don't touch pills at all. Plus I only smoke pot twice a month or so; so it doesn't eat into me financially, and I never grow a dependency.
>>
>>721084067
I wish you the best. Its hard not to be blunt about some things but for the most part stoners don't want to admit they have a problem. Coming from the other side there's so much more to life then getting high and its hard to see at first but I believe in you. I might suggest counseling as well- therapy makes some people uncomfortable but looking back everything my shrink told me was right. it also helps to be surrounded by people who are also trying to fight the good fight surround yourself with people who are trying to enjoy life sober as well.
>>
>>721084692
They go away after a while. You just have to remember, "I'm in bed, beds in room, room is safe, I am safe". If you repeat it enough, you start to believe it.
>>
>>721084969
Both kill the mind faggot
Nice try stoner scum, although pot will not kill you. It will destroy your life style and soul slowly by slowly. Enjoy
>>
>>721079276
I smoke nearly everyday and I'm a mathematics major at university. This is possible because I don't smoke until after I am done with my work. You smoke less this way and so you save money. Moderation is key.
>>
>>721083828
>>721083599
>>721083019

As someone who holds down a real career job and has healthy relationships with the people in my life that matter, I've almost forgotten people take pot this seriously. You CAN quit, and it doesn't have a hold on you unless you let it. It really is as simple as that. Bend the drug to your will and use it to NOT be a depressed sack of shit. And if you smoke and still are, then it is absolutely not for you.
>>
>>721081703
Smoke more son

Or maybe smoke a body high one? idk
>>
>>721085167
Also get a door that locks.
>>
>>721085211
If anything weed made me gain a couple pounds because of munchies

That's about it. I live a pretty average life
>>
>>721084301
Weed only makes you lazy if you smokin' indica you dip. Smoke some sort of sativa or hybrid and knock it off with this stoner meme.
>>
We once had this nug called Thunder

Holy shit. It felt like you were smoking meth.

It'd be raining outside and we'd smoke, and everyone would want to take a walk

good times...
>>
>>721084859
Actually it calms your anxiety and allows you to focus on mundane tasks of life that nobody wants to do
>>
>>721085211
nice try cunt bag. I quit drinking got my shit together after i started smoking weed regularly. ended up getting a full time job making 23$ a hour plus overtime. have a kid, got married, own a condo, and went back to school to further my education. all shit i didn't see in my future two years ago when i was a alcoholic.
>>
>>721085525
going outside when im high is what causes the panic attacks. not even all this home alone xbox gaming shit. theres people out there for fucks sake. you cant trust people.
>>
>>721084576
"fix your fucking attitude"
OH FUCK, I FORGOT ABOUT THAT SWITCH!!
oh, nevermind, it doesn't exist.
I've -tried- to reform myself, there's -nothing- that has -ever- motivated me to push to achieve. I honestly envy people who can just get up and "DO IT!" I dont know whats wrong with me, i've been looking for something to break myself out of whatever is going on in my head but im a lost wreck. I honestly dont know how to change and any change I try to make quickly gets forgotten due to discouragement or the feeling of general apathy and helplessness
>>
File: MEME2017-02-02-12-56-40.jpg (551KB, 1338x1331px) Image search: [Google]
MEME2017-02-02-12-56-40.jpg
551KB, 1338x1331px
>>721080234
>>
>>721085626
Kids suck, and we have too many of them on this planet anyhow. Plus if you get caught smoking around the little piss bag you can have dependency sanctions thrown at you and maybe even receive some jail time.
>>
File: 1485845033677.jpg (19KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
1485845033677.jpg
19KB, 500x312px
>>721079276
Funny enough weed has actually improved my life within the past couple of months. I'm going through a rough divorce and I was a depressed slob who was eating himself to death. But now
>doing daily kegels and getting significantly harder erections
>breathing through my nose instead of my mouth and getting better sleep
>correcting my under bite and improving my jaw line
>using only one pillow and sleeping on my back; has actually been correcting my hunched over neck
>daily meditation and yoga
>successfully balancing my blue collar job and College
>>
>>721084669
mfw ADD was created by big pharma to push amphetamines onto the working class to increase their productivity in the workplace.
You can think you're in control as long as you like but when you smoke you're not you. If you had to drink a couple beers to socialize anytime you left the house people would think there's something wrong with you and they would be right. You shouldn't have to depend on anything to get you through the day. There's nothing wrong with smoking pot if you have a reason for it-by all means get as fucked up as you want on the weekends who am I to judge- but don't pretend like getting fucked up every day isn't inhibiting you because it is weather you realize it or not. What are you so insecure about that you need to hide from your own mind every second of every day?
>>
Weed makes me terribly insecure

I also feel like it makes me look 100x uglier in the mirror. When I'm sober I just look ugly but when I'm high I look like a disgusting freak.
>>
>>721080234
Maybe that's because the controversy is based on LITERAL LIES and RACISM. I don't give a shit about it's medical properties, I just want the government to acknowledge that the god damned thing isn't the demon they made it out to be from the 70's-90's.

The DEA chief who originally classified it as schedule 1 back in the day admitted that it was to qualm social fears and keep a tabs on minority neighborhoods, and that there's no reason for it being so high on the schedule. What does that fucking say to you?
>>
File: bruh.gif (182KB, 350x255px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.gif
182KB, 350x255px
>>721084859
impossible*
just caught that. whoops.
>>
>>721085732
Have you tried psychedelics? A meaningful trip could give you the push you need to look at the world with fresh eyes.
No but seriously it sounds like you're a depressed sack of shit and the only thing stopping you is you.
Make small changes. Look at yourself every day in the mirror and tell yourself that you're beautiful and life is worth living. Even if you don't believe it at first eventually you will. Change doesn't happen over night and it never will. You have to be committed to changing and if you're not then you never will. Weed is fantastic at keeping people distracted, comfy and submissive.
>>
File: ii'.png (193KB, 2136x1124px) Image search: [Google]
ii'.png
193KB, 2136x1124px
>>721079276
>>
>>721085390
Well, if I could get solid Sativa on the regular, I'd only smoke that. I find it's infinitely superior to the indica high in every way and I can actually get shit done on it rather than park my ass in a chair and watch shows or play vidya.

But I don't live in a legal part of the nation, or a place that has medical marijuana (which I'd certainly be eligible for with prior injuries), so my smoke simply comes from what is available. And though I can score dank smoke, it's usually indica as that's much easier to grow indoors stealthily and tends to be 98% of what's available in areas where it's still quite illegal.

Yeah, if I could switch to Sativas, I'd never look back.... and the severe laziness and overeating problems that come from being an "all day, err day" smoker would be over.
>>
>>721085838
Does sleeping on your back actually correct your neck?
>>
>>721086310
It's pictures like this that give stoners a bad name.
>>
File: 1481530670201.png (165KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1481530670201.png
165KB, 420x420px
The only reason weed is illegal is so cops have an excuse to lock up mexicans and blacks.
>prove me wrong
Every weed arrest mugshot shown by our local news station is either a black guy or a mexican. At least 2 blacks or mexicans arrested for weed every week.

In the time I've been following the page, no white has been arrested for posession. Whites just get arrested for narcotics most of the time.
>>
>>721086383
Well I feel ya man. I live in Washington, and I had a buddy today go pick me up some stuff, but the idiot grabbed me a bunch of indica, despite him knowing full well how much I hate the high. I don't have any aches and pains, and I hate how when I smoke it, I have to exhaust the same amount of energy that would go into climbing multiple flights of stairs, just to get up to take a piss. I really should have went myself.
>>
>>721086316
Well, thank you for the honest advice. I really do want help, but I dont have people to turn to, so I turn to /b/, no matter how sad that might be. I have considered psychedelics, but can only really get my hands on shrooms. I've talked to other people who also say im likely depressed, but I dont know what to do with that information. Distracted/Comfy is very apt words to describe my position, im not happy but i always think "well, it could be worse" and grin and bear it. Drown my thoughts with weed, videogames, and porn. I agree im whats stopping me, if I could just kill that part of me I would pull the trigger (metaphorically). The funny thing is I love being alive, im terrified of dying, so its not like I could ever off myself anyways .
>>
Lowering my tolerance to weed was a happy accident. I had to clean out for my job, so my tolerance afterwards was nonexistent. That's not a bad thing folks. I started making a gram or two of weed last a week. Between work and stress and family obligations I could experience this moment where I got home:

pack a bowl and take one good hit. Let the wave wash the stress out, just like it did the first time. Relaxation on a different level.

Anons, if you want to make your life cheaper, easier and better just lower your tolerance for weed. There is no reason you should be smoking as much as you are. You're doing it wrong
>>
>>721086662
Yeah that brings me back to >>721086254
>>
>>721086429
They really do but its a better alternative to saying, "Sorry I'm baked kek". Stoner culture in general gives stoners a bad name. I do everything I can to not be part of it but sometimes you have no choice.
>>
>>721079276
I dont know man. Weed makes my day better. And honestly when I smoke it makes me wanna go do shit. Alcohol is the real fucktard that screws shit up. Im all about the shrooms and weed.
>>
>>721079276
>I really slowed down on my weed smoking
So faggot anon did not quit completely?
>>
>>721085841

>What are you so insecure about that you need to hide from your own mind every second of every day?

You've obviously never smoked marijuana; because you would know that it causes your subconscious mind to surface. It forces you to come face-to-face with biggest fears. You hyper analyze every single idea and begin to manifest your thoughts making up scenarios so realistic that they feel real. This is where the paranoia comes from. Any Stoner could confirm this. Once in a blue moon I'll get paranoid when I'm too high and it's because I convince myself that my kids have died in a car crash while my ex-wife was driving. This isn't something I would normally think about. But when I'm high I have to confront that thought that resides deep within my mind. So long story short you're a faggot that doesn't know what he's talking about please go kill yourself
>>
My only problem with weed is that I'm not able to get it. The prohibition of marijuana only punishes introverts and people who work in certain industries. If the government legalized it and levied a 150% tax on it, I'd be more than happy to pay it, if I could just walk into a store and buy it (like I can with alcohol) and not have to worry about surrendering my bodily fluids to an employer.
>>
File: tumblr_nym60gXTGx1s8as3do1_500.jpg (36KB, 492x264px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nym60gXTGx1s8as3do1_500.jpg
36KB, 492x264px
21 years old
started when I was 12
erry day between 15-20
Get out of my teens and started treating weed like booze
The high is soooooooo much better
but I can't ever have a lil
Whatever I have I must smoke.
But limited funds(I could afford it but I'd rather do more interesting shit) and purposefully moving 45 minutes away from my dealer has kept me sober probably 11 out of every 14 days
But like a meth head I buy my shit smoke it as fast as I can till it's gone and just enjoy it for what it is. I'm pretty sure I'm an addict just not to any one chemical
Any other /b/ro's like this
>>
>>721086840
I live in Washington, and it makes me angry that I have to fear a drug test for work, despite the fact that I only smoke at the start of the weekend, I'm never on call, and it's out of my system by the time I get to work AND I always make sure I am clean and smell great. Needless to say, I wouldn't be fucking high on Monday, and yet my fucking co-workers can show up to work smelling like vomit inducing stale cigarette ash and booze, but my boss doesn't see anything wrong with that.
>>
>>721086662
This statement isn't just true for weed though. All drugs are illegal so we have something to criminalize.
However addiction is a different argument. You can become addicted to anything including weed and legalizing it means having stoners rather than alcoholics which I would rather have hungry sleepy people then angry reckless ones but it doesn't solve the issue that people are still going to abuse substances because they need a crutch to deal.
>>
>>721086410
It's a more natural position for your neck. Think about it, you're in that position for so many hours every single night, everyday of your life Science suggests that sleeping with no pillow, on your back is actually the best for your spine and neck.
>>
>>721086871
You mean like when the local glass shop has a sale on really nice glass with percs and fuck they even throw in a tree perc style down stem, but the bong has a fucking print screen of Bob Marley's face on it?
>>
>>721081919
>Idk about you or fellow anons, but the "burnout" for me occurs less when I know I have weed in waiting for me in my stash. Almost as if the reminder that I could smoke again if I wanted to chills me out.

same here bruh, always keep that sack
>>
>>721086662
Well, in all fairness, it helps if you don't LOOK and ACT like a criminal. If you're cruising around in a lowrider or old cadillac booming rap tunes and dressed in gang colors, of fucking course you'll be under increased police scrutiny.

I won't say the Mexicans do this because Mexicans were I come from (midwest) are productive and normal members of society willing to do twice the work for half the pay that a white guy would.... but I hear the Mexicans of the SW states are different, but I don't know, I've never known a bad mexican.

Now niggers on the other hand. All they do is loudly and boisterously advertise what a dangerous criminal they are. They walk around in gang colors hollaring violent rap lyrics and trash talk as loudly as they possibly can, they openly stir up shit with cops and give them open hostility, they frequently are armed with their hand on their gun in their wasteband, pants hanging off their ass, pot leaf jewelry and on their clothing. Advertising to everyone how high they are and how they can score dope (which never deal with niggers on dope, you'll always get burned).... and then they always complain that cops are all up in their business.

And I'd say the same for white people that look the part of a stoner, of course cops will be more inquisitive about your behavior....

You advertise yourself as a criminal and guess what happens....
>>
>>721087241
Yeah well how about cigarettes? That same DEA chief said that if it had not been for the tobacco being so ingrained into the public's lifestyles, it would have been made illegal as well.

Well fuck that shit, no matter how many people smoke cigs, if keeping it and alcohol legal contradicts the very essence of why marijuana is ILLEGAL, then fuck the people, a danger is a danger, and I am sick and tired of people like my dead grandpa, who used to get wasted and beat my grandma with a fucking metal rotary telephone base, because it's perfectly legal for someone who can't handle his alcohol to purchase it, yet in the same era, being caught with a joint in your ash try could land you behind bars for countless years.
>>
File: 1483666897244.jpg (96KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1483666897244.jpg
96KB, 1280x850px
>be me
>never smoke weed
>drink like fish in college
>DUI number 1
>Get put on Lithium
>still drink
>Go from 190 to 297 in five years
>Get shock treatment
>inpatient 180 days
>Be me this year in April
>stop lithium, smoke weed for first time
>smoke 2g daily now, no other meds
>back down to 210, start new job tommorow.

It took me a long time, but I found weed helps my bipolar more then anything.

So yes, weed saved my life and helped me lose 100 pounds.
>>
>>721087183
I smoked weed multiple times a day every day for 3 years lol
You can't honestly tell me just because you got tripped out on a thought means you're not hiding. You wouldn't have had to deal with your strange ass stoned thoughts while sober. You think having those thoughts and "confronting" them makes you better than anyone? or did you just pack another bowl and try to drown out that thought loop? There's no point in arguing. One day it'll come crashing down and you'll wonder where the last few years of your life have gone. Or maybe not- maybe you get stoned every day for the rest of your life and you never actually have to deal with your genuine emotions but don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm not the only one in this thread who has admitted that life is less hazy without pot. I'm not trying to make you out to be the bad guy I really don't have anything against weed but you're coming off as a pretentious jack ass saying I have no place to argue about substance abuse when its something I deal with daily. I genuinely believe weed helps people but its not a blanket that you can hold anytime you get scared it needs to be respected and used responsibly like any other drug.
>>
I smoke weed once/twice a day and I feel great man.
I have a good job and Im in college
>>
>>721088041
Drug prohibition has nothing to do with public health or public interest. Everyone knows it. The US government is only concerned with making money and political advancement.
>>
>>721079276
I just started smoking again for the new year. things are great and the whole "its the weed" is a fucking crutch.
>>
>>721088627
So tax it? Washington and Colorado are booming thanks to the taxes on marijuana. It would make more money than fucking cigs, so I doubt it's a money issue.
>>
>>721088887
This is me. I had a dealer buddy who I would regularly smoke with. He was my best friend, and out of nowhere we had a major falling out, and for nearly a year I didn't want to touch the shit because it reminded me of him, but I've recently gotten back into the habit, and it feels great.
>>
>>721088217
Weed helps me far better than any other drug for depression and anxiety.

But the downside, I overeat and become lazy on it.

This is me>>721084301
>>
>>721088905
The marijuana industry needs to outlobby and prove they provide more tax revenue than the law enforcement, corrections and drug-testing industries. We won't see federal marijuana legalization until then.
>>
If i wasnt looking for a new job right now i would be smoking every day. im not some 420blazeitfaggot stoner either. the best way ive found to enjoy weed and be able to smoke almost every day is to do everything i have for the day and only smoke an hour or two before i go to bed because im not doing anything but playing games or hanging out on here or if i get done with everything i need to do for the day and im just sitting on the computer ill smoke and enjoy music/movies/anything for a few extra hours then off to bed.

Ill do this for about a month and then ill take a couple of weeks off because tolerance is a fucking bitch and it gets expensive quick. it also just feels a lot better to get fucking ripped off of a couple of hits.

i hate smoking in the daytime. i feel like im fucking wasting my life and thats kinda what motivates me to not do it until later at night
>>
>>721087400
I'm gonna start doing this

> hunchback since birth, but mom never put me in a back brace
>>
>>721088419
That once/twice a day will gradually become more. Even once or twice a day would seem like a lot to the normies.

I smoke "all day/err day". Even before work and on lunch break at work. Overall, I function pretty decent. I mean, I AM overweight from the munchies that comes with constant smoking, but I can act perfectly normal and functional on weed. I'm a goddamn butcher and I've never cut myself in the decade I've been doing it despite being high on weed all the time (and high on opiates a decent amount of the time).

But it will sap your motivation and cause you to put on weight over time. I never do anything when I get home cept smoke, play vidya, and surf the web. I have friends but I never see them, despite regular offers to hang.

I'm quitting for a bit to get fit again and eat right.... also I need to have more of a social life and if I have pot at home playing vidya and smoking just seems better than dealing with ppl. Also haven't had a woman in nearly 3 years, but that's as much due to a couple of extremely volatile breakups as it does with the smoke.... but either way I need to get back on the game of life and constant smoking has sort of put me on hiatus from real life.
>>
>>721089562
Sounds like a lot of projection
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 193x129px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 193x129px
>>721086254
here we go...
>>
>>721089227
How does the law enforcement actually create revenue though? I figured pulling someone over, arresting them, having to send them to jail, feed them, send them to court, provide legal aid, send them to prison ect, all over a 10 sac, would actually drain revenue? Especially when you consider that the people they arrest are poor minorities. They'll be dead before the government sees a single penny of the fees thrown at them for the attorney and the jail stay.
>>
>>721090043
That ain't projection bro. That's just what happens to potheads over time. Us old people have seen it. I can name a dozen different potheads aside from me who's lives followed that exact same pattern.

Pot usage gradually leads to more pot usage, til you're "all day, err day". Then you'll be a lot more apathetic and lazy, and you'll be slowly (or quickly) putting on weight.
>>
>>721087492
Yeah, dumb shit like that. The jamaican flag, all the rastafari shit, even the words. "420 blaze it", "baked", "toke", "bud", all of it to be honest. But thats why I said "sometimes you cant avoid it". If you're trying to buy regular ol pot, you have to call it "bud" or "flower" otherwise no one knows what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
I got into dabs 4-6 times a day or so and it really hindered my life. I got to the point where i couldn't imagine not being high for more than a day. I haven't had any dabs or bud in 3 weeks today and i hope to keep it up. Getting high does nothing for you at the end of the day, everything you do high you can do sober just fine.
>>
>>721090584
And I especially hate all that "dank" bullshit too. And faggots who ask "you high bro? xD". Yes. I'm awake, obviously I'm high. Big fucking deal.
>>
>>721090105
Law enforcement hires a fair amount of people and they have very strong lobbies. Corrections hires even more and private prisons can make a large amount of money. Fortunately, they're starting to go by the wayside. Keep in mind we're talking about government here. The bottom line is not that important if they can say they create jobs. No one cares about the poor fucks behind bars because they are poor blacks or Latinos for the most part. If the marijuana industry can say "We hire more people and rake in more tax dollars" then maybe change will happen on a federal level.
>>
>>721090584
Oldfag here (in life and /b/), I always hate the latest nigger slang when it comes to weed, which I've noticed is gradually adopted by the mainstream community.

Back in the 90s dank, nugs, zip, primo, and chronic were all terms used by nigs for weed. White people didn't use that slang.... now all of us say it, though I only did begrudgingly at first.

Now there's a second round of terminology and once again, we're all beginning to use the slang. Fire, loud, good good, etc.

I just hate nigger slang, it's offensive to the ears, but pretty much all of our pot slang seems to have come from that community.
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.