[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question to skateboarders (if there's any lurking).

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

I have a question to skateboarders (if there's any lurking). Why do you cunts look so damn fit? You aren't bulked but even the skinny skaters look "ottermode" and athletic. Do you hit the gym or is skateboarding alone usually enough to keep you in shape?
>>
>>720952871
it's enough to keep you in shape you faggot retard
>>
>>720952946
How though? It's essentially about keeping your balance
>>
>>720953183
go push around for at least an hour and see what it is
>>
>>720953362
Do you skateboard most days and for how long?
>>
>>720953485
at least an hour a day but a full day will kick your ass. its good exercise
>>
>>720952871
Skating burns calories. Mainly leg muscles and core muscles in constant use.

It's like running but with 20% of the effort for the same distance covered.

Doesn't do shit for your arms though, I've got massive thighs, a barrel chest, big shoulders and neck and then skinny arms.

The secret of skating as a form of exercise is it's fun. You don't have to force yourself to do it and if you like it then you can skate all day quite happily because it doesn't wipe out all your energy at once.
>>
Skateboarders are chads tbh. I regret never having learned it. Most guys i know who do it slay mad pussy
>>
>>720954146
I don't really care about arms, i think broad shoulders and strong chest look awesome
>>
>>720952871

They're poor.
They're on speed.
They basically do cardio all day.

How hard is this to figure out?
>>
I use to just ride my cruiser longboard around for a few hours daily like 2 years ago, and you sweat a lot and drink water which helps stay somewhat skinny
>>
>>720954599
faggot
>>
>>720954146

Also, skating, at least in the UK is pretty social. You push each other to greater heights.

I'm too crippled to skate now, (non skating related, genetic damage) but when I could I used my board the way other people use bikes, as well as skating at the skatepark I'd skate there and back.

In terms of time per day I'd say at least an hour of actual skating per day and upto 14 hours in the skatepark, though obviously some of that time was sitting on the wall skinning up, filming, or keeping an eye on the younger kids to make sure when their parents came to get them they were in one piece and not fiddled with or shanked. (South London [Stockwell skatepark] shitty and dangerous place for anyone after dark. Especially kids.)
>>
>>720954715
thanks baby
>>
Skateboard, pennyboard or longboard, and why?
>>
>>720952871
Skating alone is def a calorie burner. Especially when skating all day in the heat. Stay hydrated y'all.
>>
>>720954938
Even in summer I'd be too self conscious to take my shirt off
>>
>>720952871

It's a skill worth mastering. At least learning to ride. Not necessarily tricks.

Going down a hill at close to 30mph just standing on a plank of wood is exhilarating. It feels almost like flying, other than for the vibration through the soles of your shoes.

I hate to say it but it's almost like the thing in Titanic where they pretend to be the figurehead. Just leaning forward into the wind.

It's good for body and soul.
>>
>>720955388
going down hills and just going fast on flat ground on a longboard is pretty fun desu
>>
I skate and I don't look fit. Like I'm sort of skinny but im definitely not fit
>>
>>720955388
Great for toughness too. That's an attribute worth acquiring.

Everyone falls, often at unexpected times, sometimes for no apparent reason. So you learn to pick yourself up without crying about it.

It's something I'll be teaching my son as he gets into his teens. It breeds grit and determination, a drive to get out there and do.

Since I became unable to skate I haven't put on weight but I do notice my lack of strength and stamina, comparatively speaking. I've lost a degree of bulk in the legs too.
>>
>>720954887
you ever had to stand up for a kid?
>>
>>720955856
Most skaters are either rail thin or lean in general. I'm a little more athletic/muscular than maybe the average skater.

I've only ever met one heavy skater and he was tall as well as chubby with a lot of muscle underneath and an old skool shark deck as a regular double kicktail board couldn't hold his weight. Mind you, mine used to flex a lot under my weight at 13.5 stone.
>>
>>720952871
Pretty much any teenager that spends a several hours a day exercising is going to look fit.
>>
>>720956323
do you do tricks or just skate to get from place to place?
>>
Just from standing on the board and riding, your body is using more energy than walking. Most skaters, myself included, are honestly just addicted to the sensation of riding the board, landing tricks, and overcoming adversity. Therefore, a lot of us tend to skate everyday even if its for 10-15 minutes. Most Americans don't even workout for that long any day of the week. I'm on the older side, and I don't skate as much as I used to, but I still at least bomb a hill everyday and I'm in relatively good shape.

Also probably that a lot of skaters are on the younger side. I know a lot of older skaters that aren't looking so hot. Too many injuries and beer. It will add up.
>>
>>720956323
I'm skating a girl deck with thunders, spitfire wheels and bones reds bearings, what about you anon?
>>
>>720956292
Yeah, a couple times but there were usually a group of adults, most of the skaters were older, a lot in their twenties and chasing sponsorship. There were a few kids that sorta grew up at the park and got really good.

One kid started coming when he was five, riding a scooter with full protective armour lol, after a few months his mum was OK leaving him there all day and we'd keep an eye out. Within a couple years he was skating and bmxing like a pro, still kept the helmet and armour though and local gang kids would try and take his bike/board/scooter, whichever he wasn't using.

Having said that some of the little gang bangers could whip a kickflip good without ever owning a board. Some became skaters/bmxers in time, which I always considered a win.
>>
>>720952871
Hahaha.
I don't skate board
But I do smoke..
>>
I went out a few weeks ago to a park. I used to skate a little, but now I'm into photography. Out there 5 minutes before a board snapped into my ankle - I forgot how much that smarts lol. It's been like 20 years. And that isn't really even an injury 0 thats just something that happens fucking 50 times a day.
>>
>>720952871
sponsored skater of 12 years here, the work out is full body, thats why.
>>
>>720952871
The pushing and pumping works are your legs and stomach, the twisting works on your abs, and moving your arms you know, works your arms
>>
>>720954599
Just know everyone hates you
>>
>>720954923
depends on where you live. if you longboard in the city you are retarded. pennyboards are a joke as well.
>>
>>720956966
get good
>>
>>720953183
Lurker here. Keeping your balance while subject to extra G's requires a significant amount of core strength. Try pumping through a sizable bowl or pool for longer than a couple of minutes and i guarantee you will be floored.
>>
>>720956519
Before I had to stop I'd been using it as A to B transport for probably five years, like skating the school run while my boy scooted.

I'm really glad I got to do that most of his primary school life.

Now my left leg folds up and can't support my weight, so no standing or pushing possible.

Powered skateboards don't interest me, it was always the exhilaration of pushing faster and faster at max strength until you put your back foot on the board and savoured the speed.

Without the massive flexion of the whole body in perfect balanced harmony and the sweat of exertion flying off your brow it's not skating.
>>
i need to stop being a pussy and start skating on the regular again
>>
>>720957284
I'm 40, so fuck that.
>>
>>720956794
I had a Blueprint deck with Indy stage 7's in 7 1/4", mini rat bones from the good old days in hot pink and Chinese ceramic bearings since I couldn't afford to replace my ceramic Bones.

The board had about an inch of tail left and a pretty banged up front, but I'd been using it for over ten years as a riding board.

I left it on the bus one day and never picked it up from lost property. It was the easiest way to say goodbye. I didn't want anyone else riding it, and if I still had it I'd try to ride and end up really fucking myself.

Btw in terms of age I turned 40 in December, I'd been skating for 32 years when I retired from it last year.

And I miss it every day.
>>
>>720958100
And I quit through genetics getting the better of me, not skating. Though I accumulated plenty of soft tissue damage I avoided any serious injuries all 32 years.

As long as you discount dislocations and joint damage from being serious damage ;)
>>
File: IMG_1734.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1734.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>720954599

>cruiser longboard

This isn't a kook thread, faggot.

This is now a God Mode skater thread

>pic related
>>
>>720957550
At 38 I was flying down hills I wouldn't dream of letting my son roll down on his scooter lol.
>>
>>720954212
>I regret never having learned it.
Its so freaking easy anon. Go to an empty lot at night and practice. You'll get your scrapes and aches but you'll have a general grasp in a few days. It's not an instrument.
>>
>>720952871
I skate a bit, and I know I don't have that kind of godly body, but most of my friends that skate do, so maybe i'm just not trying hard enough
>>
Skateboarding an hour burns 500 calories. We would skate out of school and skate til dark or til cops kicked us out of every place we tried to skate. I've been skating 25 years, used to be sponsored but now older, fatter and body pretty damaged from stairs and rails.
LOVE Park represent and RIP
And yes longboarders are posers and rollerbladers are faggots. Word for life.
>>
>>720955873

This. Rodney Mullen talks exactly about this in one or two of the interviews he has done over the years, and mentions it in one of the talks he did at TEDX.

Should check out his TEDX talk, for such a quiet bloke, he's intelligent as fuck.
>>
>>720958596
Breaking shit at 40 seriously sucks man. I'm sure you are in way better shape than I am. I remember my dad at 40 skiing into a sign, and it fucked him up so bad. He couldn't bend enough to put socks on for like 2 years. I remember having to help him put on socks every day.. and his back was never the same after.

>>720958899
sounds cool I'll check it out.
>>
>>720952871
Dude jusy fucking skate man. I guess its the life style all together too. But there some big fuck skaters out there too and they're still fit enough to rip it.
>>
>>720956922

Exactly why Terry Kennedy started skating, to get away from the whole gangbanger shit his family was involved in.

Funnily enough, saw Dustin Dillon, TKs Baker teammate, out at the airport the other day.
>>
>>720958630
Yeah that's how I really learned. Going to a parking lot with a mate and pushing each others skill and balance.

We used to play can football (soccer) kicking the can with the side of the front wheel and tic tac-ing around. No feet on the ground. Great for learning to balance..and learn how to fall instinctively before you start rolling into bowls or down hills.

When you come off at speed it's surreal how slow motion it feels as you fly twenty feet down the road flipping head over heels. If you don't know how to crumple and roll before you fall at speed you'll end up superman-ing off the board and getting road rash all over your face and hands.
>>
>>720958899
His spatial acuity is off the charts. He's pretty Aspy, but his grasp of complex math allows him to nail the vectors others can't visualise. That and such absolute determination to break the limits and time and space to practice every spare minute.

He was always my inspiration as a skater and as a person.
>>
>>720954923
penny are a meme

skate if you city , longb if you have long plain places to ride
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.