[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what happens to someone if they are forcibly kept awake

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault-9.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-9.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
what happens to someone if they are forcibly kept awake for over a month?
>>
>>720647072
your penis falls off
>>
It isn't possible.
>>
>>720647289
they are force fed amphibians
>>
>>720647289
Amphetamines or any other similar drug forcibly given
>>
Will find out when trump does an executive order for it
>>
>>720647386
Since when did we start eating the French?
>>
They get real tired like
>>
>>720647602
Underrated post
>>
They die, there was a Russian experiment about on creepypasta
>>
>>720647072

Extreme fatigue. Overwhelming confusion and anxiety. Breakdown of memory, concentration, coordination, and balance. Auditory and visual hallucinations. Tachycardia. Hypertension.

Eventually a person would just pass out. Even if drugs were used to prevent a true sleep state, they can't prevent loss of consciousness.
>>
>>720648337
can confirm this. stayed up for 48 hours. you start to lose touch with reality and you hallucinate a bit too.
>>
well, Anon, if you stay up for more than like fuckin a week you gonna see some weird shit. youre gonna pass pass out. them russia fucks are some weird asses. Those poor bastards that they expirimented on even ate eachother after being fed. You gonna see some weird shit if you fuck up
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_familial_insomnia

Sleep tight, m80.
>>
>>720649757
You know that pasta is fake, right?
>>
>>720647072
u die
>>
8 days, shit gets real gnar gnarr after 4. could not tell you if it is effects of high amounts of chemicals introduced to my sysstem over that period of time,or the the deprivation of sleep. but you loose your shit, all of it.
I was swerving dead coyotes and falling dead eagles in the road that weren't really there obv. i had to pull over, pull my shit together, then swoop onto the freeway for a minute. being inside your house after about the 4th day is oh so rad as well my friends. anyone would think their NGA prior.#1

end point. month, not poss. your shit would just shut the fuck down.
>>
Anon. Anon. Anon, do you know how fucked the rusiians were during WWII? They would keep those poor bastards up with drugs and shit. Those guys even resorted to eat eachother...after they ate actual food. This has been proven
>>
>>720647072
No idea, but Grimes stayed awake for a couple of weeks recording the album Visions. Deprived herself of food too.

She got the name and lyrics from her experience. Shit's pretty strange lyrically if you think about it. Some things sound like they're about romance but have lines that just fit that idea in no way
>>
>>720647072
u die
>>
can't rem. there a trippy doc on some sleep deprevation shit in the 70's (US Military Research) trying to find it now, can't rem title tho.

But the shit was a trip, US soldiers started talking to "demons" or ghost or some wierdo shit

they eat themselves n shit

someone on here prob knows wtf I'm talking about
>>
>>720647072
They'd likely die of a heart attack before they reached a month. Not sleeping for that long puts incredible stress on the body. I only made it 5.5 days before I fainted for a day and a half and I was tripping balls even then.
>>
>>720650993
Nope, you can last for 8+ months with literally zero sleep. Look up Fatal Familial Insomnia.
>>
You die without access to REM sleep- need it to sort the day's information.
Einstein worked out a system of sleep where you'd only need to sleep a third of what you need sure to forcing the brain straight to REM sleep, with lactic acid build up being the only main trouble.

Michael Jackson supposedly died of this- he was on a sedative that would put him to sleep, but wouldn't allow him to dream. No REM- no working brain.
>>
>>720647072
They get like, for real sleepy, the no joke kind, like when your boss is watching you work when you've spent the prevuous night with your girls gin and tonic. That kind of serious.
>>
>>720649757
>believes creepypasta is real
>lolfaggot.jpg
>>
File: 1340926113359.jpg (11KB, 278x282px) Image search: [Google]
1340926113359.jpg
11KB, 278x282px
>>720648337
you don't even know what those words mean
>>
>>720647072
>you become free
>>
>>720647072
They would generally die before the end of the month
>>
>>720651149
I know about it FFI (I watched a short documentary about it some time ago but couldn't remember what it was called) but that is a highly abnormal case. Only 100 people in the whole world have that I think. But most people couldn't go a week without sleep. The body forces you to sleep after a while with micro naps if nothing else. I've stayed up only 5.5 days before I fainted once and I was seeing shit in my dorm room and muttering incoherently to myself in public without noticing. Sleep deprivation sucks.
>>
Knew a few people who use to do meth they all said after a few days of staying up they would see things two people who didn't know each other had the same name for them the "shadow people" thought that was creepy as hell they said they could see them walk across the floors and walls
Always made me wonder why they would smoke that shit
>>
>>720647289
Those with fatal familial insomnia would like a word with you.
>>
>>720647072
They go crazy. You probably can't die from being kept awake, but I really don't know that, but you also can't truly be kept awake. The subject would enter microsleep (very short periods of sleeps that the patient is not even aware of and cannot control). Temporary hallucinations and paranoia are common while being deprived of sleep, but these effects disappear after sleeping. I imagine that over the course of a month you would likely do permanent damage to yourself.
>>
>>720647072
I managed to stay awake for 3 and half days straight before, a month is impossible (stimulants have diminishing returns) but I can tell you what happened that far in. (Note that this was adderall assisted while I was working my ass off at Oxford, so that is obviously a confounding variable)

Besides being brain dead, you start to hallucinate. Minor LSD type visuals, moving pictures, etc. Then you start dreaming while awake. Very interesting experience tbh. It's sort of like getting caught up in a divergent thought pattern. You may even start mumbling about your thoughts. You explore a scenario and picture it in such depth that you forget where you are until you make the effort to focus. Basically, if you don't make a deliberate effort to focus on reality, you get lost in your thoughts. Thane from Mass Effect 2 described it quite well. It's sort of solipsism.

Physically you are a wreck obviously but the interesting effects are the mental ones.
>>
>>720649415
wow a whole 48 hours!? i bet you snuck a mtn dew when mommy wasnt looking you fking rebel you!
>>
>>720651184
You are an idiot. There is no evidence that lack of sleep will kill you. It might make you susceptible to other things that might kill you, but the lack of REM itself won't.
>>
>>720649415
I never hallucinated within 48 hours of no sleep. I have hallucinated between the 72 and 96 hour markers, though.
>>
>>720651891
Shadow people. That's fucking creepy. That's the onset of paranoia. I also started seeing ants crawling up my wall and swatted at them furiously until my palm and fingertips started turning red and bleeding.
>>
>>720649415
I'd been up for 3 days until last night and I didn't feel anything but sad in the end. Memory was a little wonky but I was still coherent and everything. I played my friend a bit of emo music and poured about the meaninglessness of human life. I'm not fun to be around like that and I wish I could be delirious instead
>>
>>720652278
Can confirm. I didn't start hallucinating until day 4.
>>
>>720647072
You can't - See:
>>720647289

The body will enter miniature sleep cycles, even while appearing awake, but it would ultimately lead to probably well before one months time.
>>
>>720649415
I did 72 hours give or take a couple of hours, but yeah boy does your mind, mindfuck itself, I kept visualizing I was going back in time and living out main American events, it was crazy, no drugs just will power and Netflix and 4chan to help with the fuck it part.
>>
you die
>>
You will die in like a week or so
>>
>>720647072
Asides from the fact that you start seeing shadow people after 3 days?
>>
>>720651184
This comment is full of misconceptions and bullshit. There's no evidence that sleep deprivation will kill you (in the short term, I'm not talking about stress/sleep deprivation over a 40 year period). Einstein had nothing to do with any of this, and it's well documented that he slept like 10 hours per night. On top of this, we don't really know the purpose of sleep, so it isn't as simple as "you need it to process the day's information." That said, there is a lot of evidence to suggest that the purpose of sleep is to allow the brain to release waste byproducts created by use of the brain. Finally, no, Michael Jackson did not die of this. He died of a propofol overdose (he used propofol to sleep). Google propofol, it's one level below general anesthesia.
>>
>>720647072
visual and auditory hallucinations. micronapping. assuming a month is even possible with FFI.
i've had auditory hallucinations once. you don't want them. it's terrifying. 100x worst than visual hallucinations for me, i can dismiss visual stuff fairly readily, but auditory shit is just... not ignorable.
>>
File: 1419456642584.jpg (3KB, 125x125px)
1419456642584.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>720647602
>>720647724
>>
>>720647148
underrated
>>
>>720647386
>>
>>720647072
When it happened to me that i didn't sleep for a couple days in both instances i started having mild allucinations, like i was dreaming for a couple secs, particularly if i sat down or laid down.

Im pretty sure it gets worse if you keep it up
>>
>>720647148
bro...
>>
>>720653063
er, assuming a month is even possible without* FFI
>>
>>720653442
it gets exponentially worse. to the point you cannot help but interact with things you KNOW are not there, like with fever delirium

not sleeping really really fucks you up mentally, but thankfully temporarily
>>
>>720647072
i can fall asleep with many distractions. nobody will "force" me awake
>>
>>720647072
They get really tired
>>
>>720651454
>He thinks tachycardia is a complex word

Stay in school little boy.
>>
File: 1484387211607.webm (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484387211607.webm
2MB, 400x400px
>>720653444
Trips m8
>>
>>720651454
literally nothing that anon said is that complicated, other than tachycardia, which most people know to mean accelerated heart rate. just because you're a moron doesnt mean everyone is
>>
File: 23.7.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
23.7.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>720652259
>>
>>720651454
I've done close to a 3 day streak without sleep thanks to Adderal. It's harder to do much more than 2 or 3 days in my personal experience even with stinilants. Anyways I'm not an expert but in sure you could go longer with enough drugs.
>>
>>720652278
Also can confirm. For me they normally start about halfway through the third day. I've never had positive sleep deprivation hallucinations. Do not recommend.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.