[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question for all of you who hate pickup artists When

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 18

File: the confidence to wear this.jpg (35KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
the confidence to wear this.jpg
35KB, 360x360px
I have a question for all of you who hate pickup artists

When you try to seduce a girl, do you go about it without any consideration to technique?
>>
>>720534904
NOPE.
>>
>>720534904
I don't hate pickup artists. I figure the more people in this world getting laid, the better.
>>
File: Get fucked.jpg (19KB, 367x332px) Image search: [Google]
Get fucked.jpg
19KB, 367x332px
>>720534904
Yes. Using a "technique" is the equivalent of "being fake". It makes your act of seduction fraudulent. You're pretending to be someone you are not in order to deceive, which makes you a piece of shit.

If you were a guy actually worth dating, all you would have to do is be yourself.
>>
>>720535636

Lol.

I bet he only dates women who dont wear makeup, or shave their legs/pits, or wear padded bras, because he is so against doing fake things to attract a mate.

Faggot.
>>
I used to be into pickup and all that shit. Really helped me out in a big way. But I don't see how guys can have fun picking girls up by using a method or by following certain steps. I had some basic things I would say and do, but for me it was more of a confidence building thing. Once I got more comfortable talking to women and picking some up I was able to drop most of the "pickup" stuff and just be myself.
>>
File: you.jpg (19KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
19KB, 475x475px
>>720535636
>>
D.E.N.N.I.S.
>>
File: 10.jpg (76KB, 640x920px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
76KB, 640x920px
>>720536281
outer game =/= inner game

You clearly only focused on outer game, completely neglected inner game and then got frustrated when it didn't work.

Here is the part you're missing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9i7WvCe8ko
>>
>>720536494
Sure. Definitely got frustrated when it was working for me.
>>
File: you're an idiot.jpg (48KB, 423x383px) Image search: [Google]
you're an idiot.jpg
48KB, 423x383px
>>720536724
>by using a method or by following certain steps.
That is entirely outer game. The reason it wasn't fun for you is because you neglected inner game.
>>
>>720534904

I read all of this shit about "pick up artists" actually believed it all.

But the thing I don't understand after all of his little "escapades" is that there's zero proof if it. There's not a single time or video where he shows you how he does it. You're just expected to do it. That's seriously how he teaches. He just tells the most outlandish, off-the-wall stories and cucks just eat that shit up.

If Mystery ACTUALLY posted a video of him doing what he says he does, I'll be fucking shocked.
>>
Lurking.
>>
Just be an attractive person?
>>
>>720538087
girls don't give a flying fuck what you look like. Visuals stimulation doesn't make them horny.

If you're focusing on improving your appearance as a means of seduction, you are literally acting like a woman.
>>
>>720538342
What should I focus on instead?
>>
>>720534904
I got into the PUA game back in the summer of 07, after reading "the game". It would work at first, I'd get girls attention but half the time they thought I was a creep. What pissed me off is that I was at least a 7/10 but had trouble getting a 5 or 6. I think the Mystery Method worked good in the early 2000s but chicks started catching on to the bull shit. It's even mentioned in the book.
>>
>>720537587
You mean, aside from having a journalist follow him around for years, learn what the pick up artists community is about and then write a book him and the scene that basically became the fucking bible of the community?

http://www.datingmess.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/The-Game-by-Neil-Strauss.pdf
>>
You're all missing the easiest way to pick up girls. Don't give a fuck about them
>>
>>720534904
If you're attractive, you really don't need a lot of technique. If you're attractive and interesting, it's even easier, especially if you have the social skills to keep the conversation going (being interesting gives you topics, but of course you let her talk about herself). If you're attractive, interesting, and wealthy, you have it made. I'll admit I don't have the three extremes, but I've been in circles where I had so much more of all three than anyone else that I may as well have.

>>720538342
It's not as important as it is for guys, but being attractive is very important.
>>
>>720538591

Nigger, I've read it. I've even seen his TV show. He's not ONCE picked up a girl in front of someone, by himself.
>>
File: dzS4Y12.gif (2MB, 350x244px) Image search: [Google]
dzS4Y12.gif
2MB, 350x244px
just do this OP.
>>
>>720538533
Strategies change constantly women are always adapting to common tricks. That's what makes the game so interesting.
>>
>>720538645
>but being attractive is very important.
No it isn't. You're physical appearance has absolutely nothing to do with it.
>>
>>720538951

>your physical appearance has absolutely nothing to do with it

Do you seriously believe that bullshit? If a fucking ugly ass dude walks up to a 9 or 10, yeah, they're gonna fucking walk away.
>>
File: fight club.jpg (228KB, 920x618px) Image search: [Google]
fight club.jpg
228KB, 920x618px
>>720539168
All women have 5 universal attraction triggers. In no particular order, they are:
1. He is the leader of men
2. He is a successful risk taker
3. He has a willingness to emote (laughs, doesn't speak in a monotone voice)
4. He is a protector of loved ones
5. He is preselected by other women.

You could look like Brad Pitt from the movie fight club, but if you aren't demonstrating to women that you have at least one of the above five traits, you aren't getting laid.
>>
People hate pickup artists because they're scammers who are full of shit. No different than life coaches or motivational speakers.

Those pseudo-psychological "techniques" are really just there to cover up the fact that picking up girls is about approaching them over and over and over again and throwing all your shit against the wall to see what sticks. If you're cool with rejection and don't mind approaching lots of women, you too can be a pickup artist. No thousand-dollar "course" required.
>>
>>720538729
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mystery+in+the+field
>>
File: an·drog·y·nous.jpg (48KB, 670x649px) Image search: [Google]
an·drog·y·nous.jpg
48KB, 670x649px
>>720539367
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPh6rLjsCp8
>>
>>720539255
>>720539255

My point is, if you're not attractive to the woman, you won't get laid.

Period.

I actually ran my own tests on this with my friends.

I had my friend who was a model (no seriously) and he picked up girls just talking to them normally. Not even trying to and they threw themselves at him

I had my other friend who was pretty average and he struggled every time to even get a single number from chicks who were 6-7.
>>
>>720539402

Well fuck. I've never seen this shit.

Nevermind then. I could've sworn he never shown anyone shit like this.

My bad.
>>
>>720539255
You sound like you're pretty knowledgeable in this PA shit. I recently broke up with my gf of 3 years. I've been told that it's best to find a new girl fast while "they can still smell the pussy on you." Think there's any truth to this?
>>
File: web-jagger-1024[1].jpg (24KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
web-jagger-1024[1].jpg
24KB, 620x349px
>>720539168
This guy begs to differ with you.
>>
>>720539669

No. They smell the confidence on you. When you're with a girl, you're already "qualified" so to speak. Which is why when you have a GF, suddenly, girls are easy to pick up.
>>
>>720539738

Let me rephrase as a final note here.

If you have millions, have power, or are attractive. Girls are easy to pick up.
>>
File: McNulty.jpg (4KB, 160x188px) Image search: [Google]
McNulty.jpg
4KB, 160x188px
>>720537343
Not him, but it sounds like he got inner game just fine, and dropped the outer game. Are you dumb?
>>
File: elliot_rodger.jpg (26KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
elliot_rodger.jpg
26KB, 620x412px
>>720539525
>>720539525
No, your point is that what triggers attraction to a man within a woman is visual stimulation. It does not. Period.

Not understanding attraction triggers is what led Elliot Rodgers to become so frustrated that he killed a bunch of people. You're going to end up just like him if you continue to refuse to accept that you're wrong.
>I'm gorgeous. I just can't understand it.
>>
>>720535866
You're the faggot here. No one besides you will deny it.
>>
>>720539525
>he picked up girls just talking to them normally. Not even trying to and they threw themselves at him
Are you even listening to yourself?
>>
>>720539669
It's more important to spend time with your wingmen. Go hang out with your boys.
>>
>>720540123

If you're implying that attraction has nothing to do with how they look then you're completely wrong.

>>720540188

Yeah, proving that you don't NEED to be a pickup artist to get girls when you're attractive.
>>
>>720538533
>What pissed me off is that I was at least a 7/10 but had trouble getting a 5 or 6

Did you try higher? It's not easier to try to get a woman who is beneath you. They're more insecure, and will hate you if you're clearly better than her. It's always easier to stay on your own level, or even aim upward.
>>
>>720540288
>If you're implying that attraction has nothing to do with how they look then you're completely wrong.

No. I'm not. As a man, your physical appearance is 100% irrelevant. The reason you guys get so mad about this is because it means you no longer get to use the "I was dealt a shit hand genitally" excuse and it puts responsibility for your shit sex life squarely at your feet.

If I'm right, you no longer have your cop out.
>he can't be right
>if he's right, then it's my fault.
>>
>>720540272
They're all married with kids and working full time now. Shit sucks. Might have to find some new wingmen.

Don't grow old, kids. Off yourself at 30. It's all downhill from there.
>>
>>720540578

Nigger what. I'm attractive. I'm not even talking about myself. I'm talking about what I know from nearly a hundred "sessions" using the methods by Mystery.

Of course it's easy for me, but if you look like a fucking mongoloid, you're gonna have a hard time regardless.
>>
>>720540609
Find a support group for recently divorced men.
>>
>>720540288
>Yeah, proving that you don't NEED to be a pickup artist to get girls when you're attractive.
No, you're not listening to yourself. He talked to them confidently, just having normal conversation. Him knowing he's physically attractive (i.e., he's a model and therefore has external validation) likely added to his air of confidence in terms of body language and tone of voice.

Meanwhile, your less attractive friend was "struggling," i.e., probably coming off as desperate and insecure.

You're reading the results of your "test" all wrong.
>>
>>720540730
nope. you're completely wrong.
>>
>>720536494
So according to that video I'm supposed to react to 8 year old girls and hot females in bars the same way? Interesting...
>>
This should be a cringe thread.
There's literally only one other guy here who seems to have any experience with pickup.

Pickup is about talking to chicks and hooking up with the ones you have chemistry with.

Any "technique" is just a form with which to practice. Like scales and arpeggios are for piano. It's not about manipulation. You use a canned line because you might be nervous talking to a girl if you're new to pickup.

If you're new, it's mostly about building social awareness beyond what you might have in your normal life.
>>
>>720539367
>pproaching them over and over and over again and throwing all your shit against the wall to see what sticks. If you're cool with rejection and don't mind approaching lots of women, you too can be a pickup artist.

Although there is a lot more to it than that, that really is all you need. Most of us tend to assume if one girl rejects us, they all will.

Probably the biggest number one most important thing is to never give up. If you ask out 100 girls in a month and only 20 of them give you a number, and only 5 of those numbers lead to dates, and only 2 of those dates get you laid, you're not gonna be too sad about those 98 others.

2 is better than 0. Persistence and patience are extremely important. That and not giving a fuck about rejection. Go out and get rejected 10 times, you won't even be sad anymore. It literally won't matter to you anymore.

Just don't be all "I NEED this to work. PLEASE let this work. PLEASE say yes. You're SO pretty. I want you SO much. I NEED this." Gotta embrace rejection, embrace the unknown.
>>
If you want PUA literature that's actually good and not utter shite, check out Models by Mark Manson.
>>
>>720540786
>>720540835

I think I'm going to have to agree that physical appearance doesn't really matter. I know some ugly ass dudes who have the hottest girlfriends.
>>
File: cheesy_pickup_line.jpg (61KB, 391x399px) Image search: [Google]
cheesy_pickup_line.jpg
61KB, 391x399px
>>720540961
I like cheesy pickup lines
>>
>>720541087
pdf?
>>
>>720541111
quads have spoken
>>
>>720541087

I have it in hard-copy only :-(
>>
File: Neil-Strauss-The-Game-Movie[1].png (184KB, 285x406px) Image search: [Google]
Neil-Strauss-The-Game-Movie[1].png
184KB, 285x406px
>>720540730
You're ignoring the fact that the guy who LITERALLY WROTE THE BOOK on pickup artists is an ugly, short, bald motherfucker with mediocre writing skills and the persona of a used car salesman, who managed to fuck dozens of smoking hot 10/10s before he finally decided to marry one of them.
>>
>>720541111
I know a fat guy who has a super hot wife. But he is also hilarious and very charismatic, dresses well, and has a high paying job.

Yes fat guys can score with hot chicks, but they are killing it in other ways. A fat guy who isn't rich and isn't dressed well and isn't charismatic isn't going to score at all.

Meanwhile a super fit guy can be broke and relatively un-charismatic and still score.
>>
>>720541340
>Meanwhile a super fit guy can be broke and relatively un-charismatic and still score.

only if he demonstrates that he has one of these five traits >>720539255

If he scores, it will have nothing to do with his physical appearance because women are not sexually aroused by visual stimulation.
>>
I'm surprised no one in this thread has mentioned RSD.
>>
>>720541523
Here is why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxWuREjuLAE
>>
>>720541506
>women are not sexually aroused by visual stimulation

bullshit

Sure, they are much less driven by physical looks than men. But a guy with a 10/10 body will have women drooling.
>>
>>720541340

>Meanwhile a super fit guy can be broke and relatively un-charismatic and still score.

Not always. I know of a guy who's a total Adonis that always looks like a fool whenever he hits on girls. The most he gets is maybe a one night stand about every other year and the girl tends to be of questionable age.
>>
>>720541506
> women are not sexually aroused by visual stimulation

This is bs. A women knows what a physically attractive man is, otherwise there wouldn't be male strippers at bachelorette parties, and it's also why my younger sister used to have Arin Carter posers in her room when she was 13.

It's true that your physical appearance isn't the deciding factor, but to say it has no relevance is plain ignorant.
>>
File: Jim2.jpg (31KB, 430x352px) Image search: [Google]
Jim2.jpg
31KB, 430x352px
>physical appearance literally means 0% to 100% of females
>I can prove it with one or two examples

Niggers, physical looks are just as important to women as they are to men, but for different reasons. I'm 8/10 and married.

Women judge you more based on what their friends and family will think of you, and they know that people judge appearances. If you're short fat and ugly, but have amazing game, yes you can get lucky from time to time, nobody is denying that. We all know that one ugly guy with the hottie and wonder how the fuck...

But assuming that every ass-ugly guy out there can simply walk up to literally any single woman out there and get her, that's some pretty bold bullshit you believe in.

It's not black or white, stop pretending it is. The answer is always somewhere in the middle. Some ugly guys can get lucky. Some 10/10s will settle for an ugly guy. But you're kidding yourself if you think appearances are 0% on a woman's radar.
>>
>>720541768
You're an AFC. Enjoy your cop out.
>>
File: carlcuck.jpg (39KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
carlcuck.jpg
39KB, 600x615px
>>720541669
What a fucking cuck
>>
File: bs.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
bs.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
I'm way too bitter and spiteful for general conversations with anyone i don't know, let alone picking up hot girls.

I hate anyone who has it easier than me.
>>
>>720541669
I don't don't see how that's why.
>>
>>720541907
>Niggers, physical looks are just as important to women as they are to men

nope.
>>
>>720541975
I don't even know what that means
>>
>>720535636
one night stands are a game you don't play.

>tfw when too smart to 'pick up girls'
amirite?
>>
>>720542229
depending on the woman, looks are even more important
>>
Best pickup line ever:
"Hi, I'm extremely wealthy"
Les Nessman from WKRP in Cincinnatti
>>
>>720542227
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO5Tneo1lv0
>You a fool if your main bitch is easy to fuck
>>
>>720542264
It means "average frustrated chump" or something to that effect.

He's using an acronym he know you don't know so he can feel like he knows something you don't, and thus feel like his ideas are superior.
He's fucking faggot.
>>
>>720542462
Still doesn't explain why no one has mentions RSD in this thread.
I get the message of the video, but that's not relevant.
>>
File: stay mad.jpg (122KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
stay mad.jpg
122KB, 1200x675px
>>720542467
you seem upset. are you frustrated?
>>
>>720542631
>repressed homosexuality all over the place
>>
>>720542264
I didn't know what the meant either. But the difference between you and me is that I fucking googled it.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=AFC
>>
>>720542659
I'm a third party, I was literally just making an observation.
Maybe if you spent more time talking to girls and less time on the manosphere, you wouldn't be so retarded. lol
>>
>>720542734
lol, this. He's gay and it's obvious.
>>
>>720541327
I never noticed he was a jew before
>>
>>720534904
CRINGE SO FUCKING HARD
>>
>>720541907

>Niggers, physical looks are just as important to women as they are to men

False. How often do you see very attractive men with unattractive women?
Personally, I hardly see that ever, though I have seen it.

Now, how often do you see very attractive women with unattractive men?
I see this shit ALL the time.

I know at least four of the attractive women I graduated with, all married scrawny, mildly unattractive dudes with receding hairlines in their early 20s. Average looking men, by far. Some even below average, like I mean genuinely ugly lookin' dudes with no redeeming physical characteristics (unless they were hung like horses, but I don't know that bit.)

However, they were all guys with good personalities, morally straight, good sense of style, cool interests, and getting an education in shit that would make them money.

Men's societal role as the stereotypical breadwinner forces women to make far more important considerations in picking a partner than just looks. While I'm sure none of them would complain if their husbands also looked like Brad Pitt in Fight Club, I don't think that appearance was even fourth on the list of priorities as long as the guy had a neat appearance and showered regularly.

On the other hand when it comes to men, that same societal role gives us the freedom to pick someone that makes our dick hard and therefore worth providing for. Most of the married guys I know love their wives and enjoy spending time with them and sharing interests with them. But I guarantee you that none of them would be bothered if their wives shared no interests with them besides having sex every night. Because they'd just bro down with their friends, then go home and fuck or take care of the kids or whatever and be satisfied.
>>
>>720542734
>>720542926
What the fuck are you talking about?

Surprised no one has mentioned RSD in a pickup thread
>rsd video explains girls like sex
How is that relevant
>video of some other bs
How is that relevant
>Whaoo, must be gayyy

What are you literally talking about?
>>
>>720543225

you sound pretty gay right now

like its cool that you like men but can you tone it down, greg?
>>
>>720543179
I definitely see unattractive women with attractive men more often than the reverse. Maybe you have low standards. Not gonna bother reading the rest of your post.
>>
File: 1483922062909.jpg (151KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483922062909.jpg
151KB, 392x500px
>>720543179
>>
>>720543364
Sounds like you might be a faggot.
>>
>>720543225
Being a closet homosexual disqualifies him from being a advisor on how to pick up women.
>>
>>720543364
You know how I know you're gay?
>attractive men
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.