[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Walk out store >Realize I'm holding a coffee >I

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 7

File: Benjamin Franklin's life mask.jpg (9KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
Benjamin Franklin's life mask.jpg
9KB, 236x314px
>Walk out store
>Realize I'm holding a coffee
>I forgot to pay
>LP comes out
>"Come with me"
>Spend 6 hours in jail

Is this real life?
>>
No one goes to jail over coffee is this a joke
>>
>>720452694
Not a joke.
>>
>>720452745
Well are you in America? That might be why
>>
>>720452770
Why the fuck would America be the country known for jailing people over accidental theft? This isn't Morocco.
>>
>>720452790
Exactly. This isn't Morocco, there's no culture, and people applaud abuse. America is the country for that.
>>
>6 hours in jail over coffee
I keep thinking this can't be real but then I remember where I am
>>
>>720452832
>>720452826
I'm the OP and I'm wondering why you guys consider America to be the country where this is acceptable behavior..

Have I been wrong all my life?
>>
>>720452055
It's because you didn't tip. They could care less about the coffee.
>>
File: 1483812h0.png (18KB, 633x772px) Image search: [Google]
1483812h0.png
18KB, 633x772px
>>720452694
This is a joke , unless you have a shitload of priors or are a suspect in another crime no police officer is going to bog down the court and cost the city money over a cup of coffee.
>>
How'd that happen?
>>
>>720452920
>>720452926
Lol it happened.

>Walk around store with friend
>Hold coffee, walk to self checkout with her
>Talk to her for a bit about something
>Walk out and realize mistake when LP flashes badge
>Two patrol cars come out
>"What was he thinking"
>"So why did you think you'd get away for this"
>"You're going to jail"

It's real. Hey, maybe it's a good thing you guys are that baffled by it
>>
>>720452920
This. OP is cereal rapist.
>>
>>720452996
WHAT
CALL THE NEWS FUCK THEM UP THE ASS
>>
>>720453054

What are they going to do for me?
>>
>>720453124
Publishize the officer names
Get attention from good lawyers
Raise an issue about corruption
>>
File: 1484537499986666666.png (421KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1484537499986666666.png
421KB, 1106x1012px
>>720452920
The officer would have talked to him , asked him what happened , why he didn't pay and when he said it was a mistake he could have shown him his money , credit card or whatever. The officer would have then made him pay - tell the manager it was a mistake and sorry and that would be that.
>>
>>720452996
Theft under $5 is never punishable by jail time unless you're breaking some other law in the process like a parole violation or something. You'd get a citation at the absolute worst. Come up with a less retarded story next time.
>>
>>720453181

They searched my wallet, saw my credit and debit cards and the loyalty card for the store I was in. He didn't look at security footage from what I understand, I was just hauled away. It's just as weird as it sounds.

I know one thing though is I'm never leaving a store again without being absolutely certain I am prepared to leave the store.
>>
>>720453205
How should I prove that I was arrested for something under $5?

Loss prevention guy immediately took me for a liar, so I complied and respectful. I asked if I would get copies and he told me to keep my mouth shut.. then he phoned the police. It was very weird. At first I thought they mistook me for someone who did something a lot worse, because I was even handcuffed.
>>
>>720453181

Copfag here. This is pretty close to what I would actually do. Though I wouldn't place anyone under arrest for stealing 2-3 dollar cup of coffee. You can write tickets for misdemeanor larceny as well as larceny from a merchant.

I would also see if they wanted the guy banned.
>>
>>720453205
It is punishable by jail time. A judge can sentence someone to a month in jail for petty theft if he wished.

Not unbeliable
>>
>>720453353

I wish you were the responding officer, bud. You sound reasonable. There didn't seem to be discretion used. The LP guy and the officer even laughed and joked, could their close friendship have made my situation worse?
>>
>>720453324
You realize there is paperwork that gets made by the cops every time an arrest gets made right? Ask the fucking precinct for the evidence, not the loss prevention officer. You're not even trying to hide the fact that you're talking out your ass anymore are you?
>>
>>720453451

Hire a lawyer. The best thing I can imagine for you in court to just to say to the Judge something along the lines of, "Your Honor, I admit that I did unintentionally leave the store with the product. It was never my intention to """"Intentionally""""" and permanently deprive this store of it's permanent use. I admit that I did leave on accident without paying, but it was an honest mistake."
>>
>>720453469
It's pretty standard for the store to fill out paperwork as well. What's so hard to believe that the police enforced the law?
>>
>>720453205

Quit talkin shit. Where do you think you are, the internet?
>>
>>720453469

The police will give you no evidence unless it's subpoena'd by a lawyer.
>>
>>720453581
Yep, I have a lawyer. If I get a continuance then he'll help me out more. Atm I'm just advised to plead not guilty. All I can say is that I walked out of the store with it in my hand. Held it the entire time in the self-checkout section of the store. No effort to hide it.

>>720453607
Maybe he just doesn't live in a country where this happens.

I find it just as unbelievable as he does though.. it doesn't feel like it happened.
>>
>>720453626
What the fuck kind of shithole do you live in where you have to subpoena for evidence that helps your own case? Don't you have a right to defend yourself?
>>
>>720453626
What exactly do you think a "background check" does dipshit?
>>
>>720453749
Checks out whether you've committed any crimes in the past.
>>
Post their info that you can legally post
>>
>>720453749

I'm an actual police officer, dipshit. Unless it's a felony or if for some reason they file for discover on a god damn 2 dollar cup of coffee, shit doesn't matter. You get nothing. You lose sir. Good day.
>>
>>720453914
Exactly. It gives evidence a crime was committed, and you don't have to subpoena a police department to receive that information, so you're full of shit.
>>
1. Lawyer up
1a. Contact media
2. Sue the shit out of the store
3. Sue the shit out of the police department
>>
>>720454031
It gives evidence of past crimes.

Is that what you mean by "evidence"? You don't mean evidence of the crime that's being charged? Then I don't know what point you're trying to make.
>>
>>720454021
Should I file for discovery on a goddamn 2 dollar cup of coffee? If I get a continuance I'd definitely like them to see store footage of me walking around with it in plain sight, no intent to steal.
>>
Never let loss prevention arrest you
They're not cops
Next time bring pepper spray
>>
>>720454163
They thought I took something from the store so I think they have a right to detain me and anyone else they're suspicious of.

Problem is that they literally dont' believe this could happen to anyone. They actually told me this. They thought I was making a serious attempt to get away with stealing $3 of coffee in plain sight.
>>
>>720454226
Then you have a case
And I will highly recommend you sue the guys at loss prevention
You lost access to a store and you were treated like a black man for coffee dude

If you have any dignity left then you will sue them.
>>
>>720454123

That's up to you and your lawyer. If you want to fight it and take it to trial it isn't going to look good. If they have you on video walking out with it in your hand you've commited larceny, plain and simple. That's why I suggested pleading ignorance earlier. "I did it. I admit I did it. I did not mean to do it. I am sorry for all of the trouble my mistake has caused."

Your lawyer may also ask for multiple continuances until he can get a certain judge. If you really want to fight it then keep in contact with your lawyer and be prepared to spend more money.

How big is the county you live in? How many thousands of people?
>>
>>720454299
He recommended I plead not guilty. Could it really be because he just wants continuance after continuance?

I thought shoplifting laws was about intent as well, and that intent to steal would have to be proven. Else, I can admit that I "accidentally stole" $3 coffee.
>>
File: FreeMeFromDisPrison.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
FreeMeFromDisPrison.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>720452055

You got "Come with me" on vinyl?
And listened to it for six hours?
That would be like being locked in a prison.
>>
>>720454410
I didn't want that in my head and you put it there
>>
>>720454299
Don't listen to this jackass.

No judge is going to waste their time with someone who pleads not guilty for stealing $3 coffee, especially if they are walking out of the store with it in plain sight and have cards in their pocket to pay for it.
>>
>>720453181
On a good day, sure.
If the officer just got chewed out and isn't in the mood for a petty thiefs bullshit sob story, then no.

LEOs aren't robots.
>>
>>720454379

see

>>720453581

See how I put special emphasis on "intentionally"? I don't know what state you live in so I can't check the elements required to meet larceny in your state. Most of the time intent is required for a larceny charge. Hence the argument I typed out appeals to those aspects. Ultimately, though, work with your lawyer. He is the professional.
>>
>>720454410
>OP's story now reads that he got free coffee but then bought a terrible album, sodomized his brain listening to it for 6 straight hrs, and then lost his sense of reality.
kekity
>>
This thread?

Shit That Didn't Happen and people lying about what they know. Disregard it.
>>
>>720454530
It's misdemeanor petty theft not larceny

Unless they're the same thing. Part of what fucks me over here is that I know little to nothing about procedure here :(

I will say that I did not intend to steal. I don't like the idea of saying I stole it accidentally. But it is technically theft. That's what a bit confusing to me here
>>
>>720454716

Just tell me what state you live in.

(Larceny = theft. Same thing)
>>
>>720454527
The officer seemed to be a friendly fellow. He seemed to be good pals with the guy who worked at Loss Prevention, and that seems to have been the issue. He already came over there, he was told I wanted to pursue legal action and that I was giving him a hard time, and so he followed protocol.

It really brings things to perspective to me. I've always been told that simply being respectful and complying with authority is what one should do, and after all that it still managed to cause offense. It's a nightmare!!!
>>
>>720454715

Prove that this cannot possibly happen to someone.

Petty theft means anything under $1000. Steal a pencil in plain view and they could legally take you to jail if they wanted to.
>>
>>720454794
http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/criminal-defense/misdemeanor-offense/shoplifting-charges-ohio
>>
>>720452055
That's what happens when you forget to pay, and then realize it on your way out the door, but then mention it like you got away with something and don't go back in to make it right.
>>
>>720454867

>>Prove that this cannot possibly blah de blah de bliddity dee

It didn't.
>>
>>720454916
>but then mention it like you got away with something and don't go back in to make it right.

That's confusing. You don't get an option to go back in to make it right.
>>
>>720454947
>Officers never enforce petty theft laws

Thanks for letting me know
>>
>>720454898

>Using a for profit website for unbiased advice on the law

I'm not even opening that shit. Also, I finally see "Ohio" after asking several fucking times.

Go to the source:
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2913.02
>>
>>720455020

You're welcome.

Next time make up something about how the cops told you "This is Trump's America now" so at least the tumblr kids will want to believe you.
>>
>>720455132
Sounds like you're projecting a lot anti-liberalism

Did one steal your girlfriend?
>>
>>720452890
You're not wrong, we just shoot them for stealing
>>
Listen to your lawyer

And honestly you'll just have a misdemeanor. You can have quite a few misdemeanors and still be a better person than a nigger.
>>
>>720452790
Holy shit wow. But yeah in soviet united states of fuckmurica they will (depending on where you live you probably wont get jailed in a small town). My friend got arrested and booked for just looking like someone the cops were looking for. The retard shit fag nazi loving fascist cop was all super stoked and happy amd wouldnt listen to a word my friend said. Turns out the cop got the description wrong and tge real guy looked nothin like my friend. The cops laughed let my friend go and proceeded to continue fucking up to this day.
>>
>>720453705
Not in america
>>
>>720456590

>The retard shit fag nazi loving fascist cop was super stoked
>wouldnt listen to a word
>continue fucking up to this day
>soviet united states of fuckmurica

This is exactly as pissed off as I was when I got arrested.

Although in my case I have court. There was no lovely "charges dismissed, this is a waste of time"
>>
>>720452694
Probably not a joke. Almost exact same thing happened to me with a can of ginger ale at a supermarket. Decided not to charge me because it was under a dollar. Didn't hesitate to ban me from the store for life though.
>>
>>720453174
Give me there names and town. Ill kill them for you. Burn there families in there sleep real good extra crispy
>>
File: file.png (437KB, 466x544px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
437KB, 466x544px
He's alive
>>
>>720456739
>Decided not to charge me

I'm jelly as fuck!

Ahhhhhh why did this happen to me? I mean innocent people go to jail all the time and fight it in court, but .. jail.. man.. this is the jail place people are always talking about. I can't imagine how many people in my situation had to sit through there, strip naked, put on jail clothes, and put in a bunk next to a bunch of no-life degenerates. :(
>>
>>720452920
Here in chicago they do shit like that all the time I've been arrested several times for just walking around after they have tolled me to go home you do a couple hours they give your court date you show up but the cop never does judge drops charges
>>
>>720452055
Not u.s they can't follow you outside.
>>
>>720453054
>call the news
lol you think they really give a goddamn? did they even charge him? Maybe if they gave him grand theft, attempted battery an sheit
>>
>>720456833
I didnt want to bump this thread but i will now
i'm going to keep bumping it until i see that this post gets deleted
lets see how quick mods are about deleting spam
>>
>>720456833
deleted already
sage
>>
>>720454037
Or better.
Burn store to ground
Burn cop station and cops home to ground
>>
>>720456900
>did they even charge him?

Yeah they charged me. Or is it "charges pending"? I mean I'm going to court..

I know nothing about this stuff.
>>
>>720456948

Why do you Americans hate your broken police so much
yet you sit at home and masturbate about it?

How other countries fight abuse:

>Millions march in the streets

How Americans fight abuse:

>m-m-muh uncle is a cop n he's cool
>niggers shooting innocent cops just sitting there
>riot

You guys are the niggeriest countries ever. No wonder you're advocating a nigger action. You're just a nigger.
>>
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS WHAT THE FUCK HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS HAPPEN
>>
>>720457050
didn't someone once say that civil disobedience is necessary when government is corrupt?

It was one of those "really old dudes" who founded America. the ones you make a mockery of in that Bill and ted movie
>>
>>720452996

You fucking faggot, this isn't a movie. Only in convenient writing does anybody NOT explain themselves.

Also fuck you.
>>
>>720452055
>be in burger king
>fill cup with 7up from self-service machine
>queue up for meal
>busy as fuck
>decide to leave and go somewhere else
>walk out (with drink)
>half way down the street
>realise
>walk back
>go to front and explain what i've done
>girl tells me it's ok
>walk back out (with drink)
>everyone was white
>>
>>720454809
We need to kill. Now burn the wicked and their families weed whack the whacked out weeds of the earth. Next time you know. Start a war destroy the world. Kill all who defy you. Become god and rule the world now worth living i
>>
>>720457131
Canoe Reeves?
>>
I'm no fancy big city lawyer, but I'll take your case for 2 chickens.
>>
>>720456738
Then why not hunt the cop down and kill him and the satan spawn his inferior sub human genes have produced. Find his car wait till hes off duty. Follow him home. When hes asleep Douse the house with diesel fuel and light it up
>>
>>720452055
I'm a radical unionist and community organizer with 25 years of experience in the field, so while I'm not a lawyer, I spend a lot of time in court. If I was in your shoes, I would go on the attack.

Do you have any health problems at all? I don't know what the laws are like wherever you live, but here the law says anyone who offers services to the public must make "reasonable accomodation" for people with disabilities. In your case, I would argue that I was experiencing severe depression, one of the symptoms of which is forgetfulness and poor memory. I would then say that I was perfectly willing to go back and pay for the coffee when alerted to it, but the business had instead decided to engage in vexatious litigation against me because of my disability.

Then I would file a small claims suit against them.
>>
>>720456893
The cant but they do. I told a guy this when he followed me out to my car and he started swearing and saying to stay right the fuck there while i get the cops. He went inside to call and i drove off. But before i went i pulled out a little and took a shit in the spot.
>>
>>720457205
>Only in convenient writing does anybody NOT explain themselves.
Rephrase that for people who speak English.
>>
>>720457953
>>
>>720457842

As for health problems..

I have serious anxiety problems. A couple days beforehand was the end of a week-long depression where I refused to leave the house. I took IEP classes in high school and one year of middle school.

I don't know if that's considered health problems they'd accomodate for.

I'd e-mail you if you'd allow it.. and I'd like to see some more info. Maybe a newsletter you help with or whatever just to know what kind of stuff you do. I'm just interested in what advice you have to give. People like you are amazing.
>>
>>720458008
Well I do understand the curvatnure of the whiskers account for 0% probability of the eyes slanting upwards
>>
>>720458046
Sure. My throwaway email address is [email protected], and I'd be happy to help you. Shoot me some email and I'll give you my real email address.
>>
>>720457050
Ok yeah lets march in protest so the cops can tear gas and shoot us dead in the streets. you wanna know what i do? I ruin everything. Every corporate or goverment building i fucking wreck. Empty the soaps put all the tp in the toilet, fuck with the plumbing. Id love to go out and hust murder the shit out of the coos bur there are good ones. I was thinking of knocking out tying up and torturing a cop into being a good guy. Like just do every form of emotional and physical torture possible. Id tape it and release the tape to the internet and the station and strike the fear of me into them the fear of us. People that are ready to kill and torture the shit stains of this planet. After dozens of videos with coos being tortured relentlessly get spread around the fear will seep into the fascist police aand theyll start being nicer ..... or they'll die
>>
>>720458129
I sent you a whiny email :(

Court's in two hours. What if they end up sending me to jail as a message? God damnit whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy world why
>>
>>720458331

YOU.

YOU, THE PEOPLE, ARE THE ONES WHO:

1. Let protesting police get a negative stigma
2. Allow police to barricade protests and make it convenient and silent for them
3. Consider civil disobedience to be "rioting" 100% of the time
4. Arrest people when it's a Trump protest on inauguration day, but arrest no one when it's a women's protest (women have more rights than men)
>>
>>720457842
>I'm a radical unionist and community organizer with 25 years of experience in the field, so while I'm not a lawyer, I spend a lot of time in court. If I was in your shoes, I would go on the attack.

What kind of shit have you been through dude? sounds like quite a life
>>
>>720458495
My biggest claim to fame was getting thrown out of prison for organizing the other inmates. I'm often in the media and I'm infamous enough that there's a Wikipedia article about me.
>>
>>720458577
OP here. I sent you an e-mail and it'd be amazing if this is legit and you are on my side. Hopefully court turns out well

What kidn of mindset should I have going in? I'm trying to be calm but fuck I'd love to read something motivational for me.. worrying about the consequences is going to freak me out. Consequences for forgetting.. for being a human..
>>
>>720458415
NO IM NOT BECAUSE IM NOT A WORTHLESS PILE OF WORM PUKE. I PLAY THE LONG GAME WAIT TILL THEY COME THEN PULL THE CORD ON THE BIG ONE RIDE THE FLAME LET THE DRAGON EAT THE PIGS FLY TO TGE MYSTIC LAND BT WAY IF THE EVIL KILLING FIRE LIZARD. YOU WAIT FOR THE RING OF THE BELL AND LET LOOSE THE AIR THAT BURNS AND WATER THAT POISONS. YOU THINK YOUR GUNS PROTECT YOU THEY CONTROL YOU. WHY NOT USE YOUR BRAIN. POISON AND BIG BOOMS ARE AT TOYR FINGERTIPS JUST STRETCH AND GRAB THE FUTURE BATHED IN BLOOD.
>>
>>720458703

If you want a revolution, you build one slowly. Trump is president and Americans aren't even bothering to listen to their founding fathers and overthrow a tyrannical government. Maybe in three years after he's executed some people and turned his back on all his promises.

Being a sandnigger doesnt do shit
>>
>>720458353
Two hours isn't really enough to do anything creative, but I can give you some general suggestions for dealing with court. For one thing, you can usually negotiate with prosecutors over minor charges. They hate wasting time on minor charges, and you can make agreements like having your case diverted to a treatment program of some kind. If you're experiencing depression, for instance, you can agree to a voluntary court order to seek psychiatric treatment, and to make restitution in exchange for an absolute discharge.
>>
>>720458747
That would be nice. I'd actually benefit from some treatment as well. Maybe my depression is why I'm so forgetful.

My mom received a call from the lawyer. I was pretty much told that he won't show up, but I should plead not guilty and hope for a continuance. If there's a trial then he'll show up in person.

So i'll be alone here.. I don't know what this is going to be like.
>>
>>720458872
That's good advice. Ask for a continuance because your lawyer is unable to show up. At the very least, even if the trial goes forward, you'll have grounds for appeal on that basis. I've just sent you some email, so if you get a continuance I can help you with strategy.
>>
>>720452055

>Referring to renta cops in a store as LP

Nice try, we know you lifted that shit on purpose. You deserved jail
>>
>>720459101
>Ask for a continuance

Should I say "not guilty and i'd like to ask for a continuance"?
>>
>>720459428
>they are rent a cops
>but god damnit if you try to tell me that rent a cops would ever fuck up

Why are you so inconsistent?
>>
>>720459580
Just do whatever is asked of you. They don't expect you to know how the court works. Always ask for permission to speak. This is very important, since only words spoken on the record get put in the transcript, and if for some reason you need to appeal something, you can only appeal on the basis of what appears in the official transcript.

So, for example, if you just yell out that your lawyer can't show up, that won't go into the record and if you try to appeal the decision later, you can't use that as part of the appeal.
>>
>>720459728
That is very good to know. I feel like that would be the kind of situation to happen to me and that could mess me up. I'm going to be very very very very very careful of what I do here

I'm going to prepare and try to calm down a bit. Thank you guys for being human beings who care. Thank you unnamed union organizer for being a good human being. There are seriously a lot of great people who browse this site anonymously.
>>
>>720458746
Sandniggers run around like methed up savages killing every innocent personthey find. The difference is that killing the guilty is right. them Killing the innocent gives you the RIGHT to kill them.
Only cruelty to the cruel
Only kill the killers
>>
Am I doing this right?

/\
-
/\ /\
- -
>>
File: IMG_1312.jpg (1MB, 1711x2549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1312.jpg
1MB, 1711x2549px
>>720452055

OP is the victim of bourgeois oppression. The coffee must belong to those who have a need for it. The police are nothing but the state-sponsored protection for thieves and kulaks.
>>
>>720461889
YESSSSSSSS
>>
>>720460626

Here's a triforce:
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.