[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know the people who researched and figured out how to make

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 54

File: 38_4_c365-6-l.jpg (421KB, 1024x830px) Image search: [Google]
38_4_c365-6-l.jpg
421KB, 1024x830px
You know the people who researched and figured out how to make a lump of plastic and metal fit in your pocket and run apps and GPS and contact people instantly on the other side of the world? ...Who figured out how to make a plane stay in the air.... How to understand wind and oceanic patterns to safely navigate ships, predict the path of storms....
You know...*SCIENTISTS*
... you realize that those are the same people who are presenting unanimous consensus, evidence, and agreement that the climate is changing at an extreme rate specifically due to human activity?
...So I'm curious, if you don't understand climate change, If you believe it's not happening, if you believe it's not out of control because of us...who did you get that information from? How did you verify it? What was the scientific, evidence-based, research-heavy background of the person who gave you that impression?
>>
>>720421273
I really dont give a fuck....
>>
yeah man we are fucked.
>>
i'll be long dead before any of it matters to me, so whatever.. i mean, i care for the earth but not enough to be a tree hugger
>>
>>720421273
You do know scientist can be wrong on a large scale right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phlogiston_theory
>>
Climates change quite frequently. I believe the only real debate is it's cause.
>>
>>720421273
Climate Change is Real, mkay, OP, you fucking faggot. But it has NOTHING to do with Mankind.

Global Warming is a fucking hoax, nearly all credible scientists have backed off the Al Gore scam of Global Warming after the main authors of the studies admitted to lying and falsifying some data to give more credibility to their findings.

Take your hippy bullshit and fuck off.
>>
>>720421273
>due to human activity
they don't have proof for that though
>unanimous consensus
>evidence
they said the same thing about the world being flat.
>>
>>720421551
You're right!
But flogiston, or Phlogiston was a posited as a hypothesis, not as factualized theory.

Also, Phlogiston was posited in the mid 1600's!! More than 200 years before we even knew how ATOMS worked!

It's good of you to be skeptical, but there's a colossal difference in our current understanding of climatic change and our understanding of oxidation nearly 5 centuries ago.

Cool link though. :)
>>
>>720422237
>factualized theory
>factualized
>theory
Its too late, hes too far gone...
>>
even if you don't buy climate change, you need to accept that 1. fossil fuels won't be around forever, and 2. fossil fuels pollute our air and make us sick. look at china if you need evidence.

we need to invest in alternatives that are better for the environment (and ourselves) regardless, and thankfully it seems that the market is steering that way now anyway thanks to these alternatives finally beginning to reach competitive prices to fossil fuels.
>>
File: God Bless Global Warming..png (16KB, 819x180px) Image search: [Google]
God Bless Global Warming..png
16KB, 819x180px
>>720421273
>>
>>720421273

>Ignoring historical evidence

65 mill years ago the earth was WAY WAY hotter than it is now... and life flourished. I mean for fuck sake we are here

>muh past 10k years
>muh past 100 years and car and Al Gore

Thats cute and all... but who cares? The earth has historically done better with higher temps and higher C02 levels are better for plant life.
>>
>>720421786
[citation needed]
>>
instead of all this free moral posturing your doing op, something you feel the need to do because you are a worthless jobless piece of shit and simply need something to help feel otherwise.

how about you just go get a fucking job and support yourself and the community.

world sure could be a great place, if there where not so many selfish autists in it, we could fix our own climate.

but all you guys really are is full of shit.
>>
>>720421786
Actually, while climate change IS a natural process, more than 97% of scientists agree that climate change on the dangerous level's we're experiencing is a direct result of human activity.

Source: http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/11/4/048002/pdf
>>
>>720421786
Citations please? Most climate scientists still attribute the sudden spike in change to human effects. yes, the planet goes through natural cycles, but not in the type of timescale that we are seeing in our lifetimes.
>>
>>720422542
>>720422627
>>720422664
Jesus fuck are we hivemind or what
>>
>>720421551
don't forget
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trofim_Lysenko
>>
>>720422530
The fucking problem isn't how warm it is going to be. Yeah, it was fucking hot in the Cretaceous, but it didn't get so hot in a matter of decades.
>>
>>720422716
no just educated
>>
>see thread.
>want to reply.
>Yet know it's all bait.

Meh.
>>
>>720422425
It seems like you might not know the definition of "Theory"

A theory is not a guess. In fact, a guess isn't even a hypothesis.

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, *based on a body of Facts* that have been repeatedly CONFIRMED through observation and experiment. Such FACT-supported theories are NOT "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world.

This is the case with climate theory.
>>
>>720421403
retard/10

>>720421539
retardedcancer/10
You're especially retarded cause you try to justify yourself with lethargy.

>>720421551
If you're gonna cherry-pick the autistic exploits of certain scientists, make sure they're from the ones who are making real discoveries. When renowned scientists such as Bill Nye, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Michio Kaku; all of whom have contributed to humanity's knowledge in one way or another, are all saying the same thing -- that the rate at which we are burning fossil fuels is having a much larger effect than we can sustain -- it is in our best interest to listen and weigh the options.

Quite frankly, no one gives a fuck about combustion, so comparing the Phlogiston Theory to being "large-scale" is misleading. Science is still right a majority of the time...

>>720421786
provide 1 article where it used falsified data to support it's claims of global warming and make sure its a legitimate article. or don't do it and admit you're just pulling shit out of your ass.

>>720422187
>they said the same thing about the world being flat
>kys faggot

>>720422425
what are you fucking complaining about?
>>
>>720422740

>didnt get hot in a matter of decades

[citation needed]
>>
>>720422237
Alright how bout the bogdonof affair or the mice from hay hypothesis? Nigga even scientists lie for fame or money and GEE WHIZZ alternative energy sure makes a buck and makes you the hero of humanity, would it really surprise you if a group of the most intelligent people on earth made a lie up so they could sit pretty? Spoilers: its not the first time in human history (im looking at you organized religion) and it certainly wont be the last with people like you promulgating the rheotoric and demanding it be taken as fact.
>>
>>720421273
>> "unanimous consensus"
Nope not even close to either of those things.

3 Things have to happen before 'global warming' as most people understand it makes sense;
1. It has to be proven and accepted that the climate is changing in an abnormal way.
2. It has to be proven and accepted that man is the cause of this.
3. It must be shown that something can be done about it.
There is no 'unanimous consensus' on any of these points. You can get kind of close on the first point, but not the second. On the third point you have much debate and that's the crux of the matter. It's the third point which politicians who are pushing a globalistt adgenda are beating us over the head with saying 'Oh my, something (restrictrive and expensive) must be done!'
>>
>>720421273
The real question is, if the scientists were so capable, making our phones and hyper-advanced technology, why have they not found a way to reverse the effects?

The answer is that the scientific community has been doing everything in their power to heat up the earth. They must know that a hotter earth is going to be more beneficial.

FBI please don't take me away for figuring it out.
>>
>>720422187
No scientist ever thought the world was flat. In fact it was known to be a sphere for thousands of years, before modern science. We even had its size, within 1% of the true value, just with two sticks, a guy, and some math.
>>
>>720422725
Yes, scientists can be incorrect, thats why they CONSTANTLY are adjusting their means and methods based on new technology, understanding, and discoveries. that said, our ability to apply scientific scrutiny is getting stronger and our margin of errors are getting smaller. Sure, yes they could be wrong about mankinds' effect on climate change,, but with the best knowledge we have, it is almost assured that we are having an impact.

Regardless, learning how to not fuck the planet, regardless of climate change, is fucking beneficial. SO we should be doing it anyways.
>>
>>720422493
Nuclear sounds good.
>>
>>720422846
You want me to link the entire directory of past theories that have been incomplete or outright wrong or are you a big enough boy to do it yourself?
>>
>>720421273
whats really funny is you morons still believe climate change is entirely caused by man, whilst yes we're not doing our selves any favors

the real cause is the sun, which is getting hotter each year and is continuing to do so, no matter what we do, earth is doomed much sooner than you think. but hey the scientists at nasa and all the other space agencys are retards too...
>>
>>720422425
Another good example is Gravity.
The Theory of Gravity is the body of fact based evidence which explains the mechanics and actions of gravity.

The mechanics of gravity are, for all intents and purposes, fact.

You can say that the Theory of Gravity is not a fact, but your belief won't work out well for you if you decide to leap from a building.
>>
File: petm_vs_modern_emissions.png (22KB, 519x291px) Image search: [Google]
petm_vs_modern_emissions.png
22KB, 519x291px
>>720422887
We have never observed warming of this magnitude occurring this quickly. The PETM is the closest analog, and it is many times slower.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleocene%E2%80%93Eocene_Thermal_Maximum
>>
File: Foster_20k.jpg (47KB, 693x475px) Image search: [Google]
Foster_20k.jpg
47KB, 693x475px
>fast temp changes dont happen

DO people not understand that earth is a rock rotating a nuclear ball - and slight pulls can drastically play with earth temps? ... No?

>Al Gore

Ok your right... Al gore is jesus and Coal miners did this with their fancy tractors

Jesus fuck humans are retarded
>>
>>720422878
>>720421786 (You)
provide 1 article where it used falsified data to support it's claims of global warming

>and make sure its a legitimate article. I agree with.
>or you're just pulling shit out of your ass.

Why even try to talk to these fucking hippy pieces of shit.
>>
>>720423054

1) vast majority agree, you will never get 100% (think flat earthers and Geocentrists)
2) Less than above, but still in a vast majority. Those who deny this tend to say we still have an effect, just not as large.
3) We can know 100% that we haven't started a cycle we can change, but in small scale we can see if we adjust our behaviour we OUGHT to be able to stem at least some of the damage.
>>
>>720423088
>that said, our ability to apply scientific scrutiny is getting stronger and our margin of errors are getting smaller
and yet it is still being tampered with by social stigma, no one is allowed to present evidence to the contrary or question the validity of the "evidence" without being ostracized.
>>
>>720423246
It is a theory but its incomplete unless you are deadset on theoretical (theres that fucking word again) particles like gravitons existing, you know the ones that are not observable.
>>
>>720423174
No it isnt. The sun is actually in a colder phase. And that isnt enough of a factor anyway. All that matters is how much light the earth recieves, how much bounces off the earth, and how much is retained, CO2 traps light that normally bounces off, increasing the amount that stays to heat things up.
>>
>>720422530
65 Millions of years ago, human's didn't exist.
200,000 years ago, first humans arise.
Now we are here, we have cities along the coast-lines. The concern is not as much about environmental costs as it is about economic costs. We should think about alternate fuels so that we don't have to worry about cities flooding because oceans rise several feet due to the melting polar caps.
>>
>>720423174
Solar variability doesn't significantly drive climate trends on millennial timescales. Sunspot cycles were once thought to be a driver on centennial timescales, but that turned out to be mostly bunk.
>>
>>720423263
>We have never observed warming of this magnitude occurring this quickly.

NO SHIT YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKER

THE LAST GLOBAL WARMING EVENT HAPPENS MILLIONS OF YEARS AGO YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>720423376
Peer reviewed will do.
>>
>>720423174

Appreciate your looking for other answers: Thats good, eliminating variables is what science is about.

However, However, the rate change is so slight we won't notice anything even over many millennia, let alone a human life time.
Astronomers estimate that the Sun's luminosity will increase about 6% every BILLION years.

The sun's impact on Earth is relatively extremely stable in comparison to the climate change we are experiencing, specifically since the industrial revolution.
>>
>>720423475
Good, fuck all those shitty cities.
>>
1 degree celsius increase each year = 10 years left for the majority of people, world wide crop failures in 5 years
>>
>>720423475
>We should think about alternate fuels so that we don't have to worry about cities flooding because oceans rise several feet due to the melting polar caps.

THATS WHAT TRUMP IS DOING

HAHAHAHA YOU FUCKING MONGS OPPOSE A PRESIDENT WHO WANTS ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCES, BUT FOR RIGHT NOW, WE USE WHAT WE HAVE

HOPEFULLY WITH HIS DEREGULATION, WE WILL GET NEW ALT ENERGY TECH
>>
>>720423488
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_(climate)
>>
>>720423079
They have, but it takes tremendous amounts of money, infrastructure, government support, and global initiative. We have energy alternatives, we can reduce consumption, we have carbon capturing technology, our cities can change to be better at integrating into nature, we can change how we eat, and many other things. We are stubborn as a species and have grown lazy and expectant of certain levels of comfort and standard of living.
>>
>>720423590
SAID AL GORE BACK IN FUCKING 2000
>>
>>720423488
Plus, we had tons of warming periods in the last few hundred thousand years. Every single time we come out of a glacial interval.
>>
>>720423569
yeah thats why mercury's temp has gone up 300 degrees in the past 3 years venus has gone up 100 degrees and earth only 1 degree every year
>>
>>720423590
I really wish i could be there in 5 years to see the look on your face when this shit doesnt happen, id give my right nut to see that fucking slackjawed visage.
>>
>>720423439
atoms aren't observable does that mean atoms don't exist?

you can't look a at a cubic foot of ocean water and conclude: "Based on this sample, there are no whales in the ocean." Just because you can't observe something doesn't mean it isn't there, despite all the evidence that suggests it is there.
>>
>>720421273
Uhm not so fast sweety... your know *REAL SCIENTISTS* you know the people who researched and figured out how to make a lump of plastic and metal fit in your pocket and run apps and GPS and contact people instantly on the other side of the world? ...Who figured out how to make a plane stay in the air.... How to understand wind and oceanic patterns to safely navigate ships, predict the path of storms.... your know not some feeelings majors.... 99% of them didn't actually say anything that.
>>
>>720421273
WOW CLIMATE IS CHANGING NO WAY
THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE WOW
IM SO SMART
>>
>>720423612
>wants alternative energy
>gives greenlight to two oil pipelines
>>
>>720423775
correction: atoms are observable
my bad
>>
>>720423295
here's a more accurate chart. also, i like how your chart shows the little ice age and present global warming at the same level.
>>
>>720423767
Shhhh if you logic them too hard theyll fucking die.
>>
>>720423775
Yeah theyre definitely observable but keep memeing the dream...
>>
>>720423263
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleocene%E2%80%93Eocene_Thermal_Maximum

>mass injection of carbon and fast warming
>looks like a minor extinction event with sea evidence
And guess what... even with all that.... We still turned out ok. We are here talking about it.

>not understanding the earth is a giant self recycling machine in a solar system with a sun that burps once in a while.
>thinking that all mass climate change comes from humans totally distorting ones view

You need to think past this planet. Man kind is one variable in about a million that you are missing from the climate equation
>>
>>720423775
YOU CANT SEE GOD, DOES THAT MEAN HE DOESNT EXIST?

YOU CANT SEE ME, BUT DO I EXIST?

YOU CANT SEE KEK, BUT DOES HE EXIST?
>>
File: 1485411816939.jpg (51KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
1485411816939.jpg
51KB, 1024x575px
>>720421273
You know China and India make up over 50% of greenhouse gas pollution anyways?

Even if we shut down every American factory right now we'd be fucked. Even if England and France joined us still fucked.

I see your concern, but we can do nothing about it by regulating companies, Hillary could do nothing, and Bernie could do nothing, surpise, Trump isn't gonna do anything because guess what he can do nothing. . What we need is a solution, nothing short of a way to just suck CO2 out of the air, not a band aid.
>>
>>720421273
First off, there is no unanimous scientific consensus, that bs meme has been disproved to death.

Second, if you are all about consensus, why don't you believe the Earth is flat? There was a scientific consensus that the Earth was flat until heretics like Newton came along.

Three, if you believe that a person in a profession is infallible in said profession, you must also believe cops are always in the right when they kill, lawyers always respect the letter of the law, and all politicians are qualified to govern.

Finally, I will not post my scientific sources that disprove man-made climate change. Why? Because you will say that the PhD's on my side are fake and only science you agree with can be considered pure and legitimate regardless of experience or merit.

I do think the climate is changing, but I think other factors are in play. I think the fact that we are at the tail end of a solar maximum has more to do with climate than a trace gas like CO2 that makes up less than 2% of the total atmosphere and is absorbed by plants and the ocean.
>>
>>720423811
>thinks you cant have BOTH
How does it feel to be absolutely fucking retarded?
>>
>>720423811
YOU STUPID FUCKS WONT ALLOW PEOPLE TO USE NUCLEAR ENERGY WHICH IS FUCKING SAFE, AND WE DONT HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY TO IMPROVE THERMAL TO A MASS USABLE SCALE BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPID FUCKING MORONS AND YOUR REGULATIONS, SO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT?

HORSE AND BUGGY? STUPID PIECE OF FUCKING LIBERAL GARBAGE
>>
Fuck reversing climate change

It's January and it was 77 degrees here today.

I'll take that over not being able to step outside without every fucking joint hurting instantly any time
>>
>>720423918
>>720423918
"Model simulations of peak carbon addition to the ocean–atmosphere system during the PETM give a probable range of 0.3–1.7 Pg C/yr, which is much slower than the currently observed rate of carbon emissions" FROM THE WIKI YOU CITE
>>
>>720423918
Climate scientists have looked for other causal vaiables. They don't work.

The most likely other variable would be Milankovitch orbital cycles, namely precession and tilt, which are both actually in minimums.

So, if the biggest factor which controlled the climate of the past ~2.1 MY was driving current climate, the earth should be cooling.

No other factors have been shown to have a strong causal effect except greenhouse gas concentrations.
>>
>>720423551
I'll choose to provide this particular link because of the amount of peer review and discussion.
https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php?p=1&t=75&&a=308
>>
File: solar.gif (81KB, 800x835px) Image search: [Google]
solar.gif
81KB, 800x835px
>>720422530
this graph really exemplifies how unexpected this recent growth in temperatures really is, as we're supposed to be in a colder milankovitch cycle, where the earth's orbital eccentricity is away from the sun, leading to the cooling we've experienced up to now. This type of warming has happened in the past, the most recent led to a mass extinction event where 95% of life on earth was destroyed (https://www.skepticalscience.com/Earths-five-mass-extinction-events.html), and a popular theory points to a meteorite. Now that we're repeating this and seeing catastrophic ecosystem collapses across the world, mainly in the oceans with the impossibly important phytoplankton sources dying out (the basis for the stability and continued EXISTENCE of all life on earth I'd argue), we are on the same path, albeit much faster, as this rapid a change in global temperature hasn't been seen on this planet since an asteroid crashed into mexico 65 million years ago. Life just can't adopt fast enough, evolution occurs on timescales of hundreds of thousands of years, and theres far too many selective pressures to allow even the most resilient of outliers to thrive unfortunately. Unchecked, we're heading to a dim future, which is why, I think we should care about this issue.

>>720423263
exactly
>>720423488
>the facts don't agree with my opinion so I'm going caps lock
dude look up ice core data no need to get triggered over science asshole
>>720423108
nuclear is good, but not for the koch brothers. Too bad petrodollar recycling encourages this behavior, it's fucking us over in horrific fashion (ron paul was right it's happening).
>>
>>720424054
I am 100% in favor of nuclear energy. It's appalling that we have a relatively inexpensive and cleanish method for producing all the energy we need and we don't make use of it because the average person is too stupid to recognize a good thing.
>>
>>720424324
comments section =/= peer review

Looking for science reviewed by academics, jackass.
>>
>>720424333
SCIENCE DOESNT FUCKING AGREE WITH YOU

THERE ARE TENS OF MILLIONS OF SCIENTISTS, ALL WITH THEIR OWN IDEA

THE ONLY SCIENTISTS WHO GET THEIR RESEARCH PUBLISHED ARE THE ONES WHOSE GRANTS PUSH A POSITIVE AGENDA AND OUTCOME FOR THE PERSON PAYING
>>
>>720421273
First rule is science. There are NO absolutes
>>
>>720424434
Agreed, I believe they did energy consumption of an average north american compared to nuclear output, in a lifetime one person cunsomes about a hockey puck's worth of fuel if solely nuclear energy is used. Even if we cannot dispose of nuclear waste 10)% clean, its a tiny amount AND we actually can store it safely.
>>
>>720424005
So an executive order for the Dakota pipeline is your idea of a solution? IQ tests for voting when?
>>
>>720424560
Go to grad school. See if you still think science works this way.
>>
>>720424434
>because the average person is too stupid to recognize a good thing.

THE AVERAGE PERSON HAS NO SAY IN WHAT ENERGY WE USE

ITS THE STUPID FUCKING LIBERAL GREEN MOVEMENT POLITICIANS AND DEMOCRATS PUSHING THE BAD NUCLEAR ENERGY BULLSHIT AND LOBBYING BRAIN DEAD CONGRESSMEN
>>
>>720424560
Dude if you redpill them that hard theyll die.... ITS TOO MUCH PRESSURE.
>>
>>720424653
Koch brothers don't like nuclear because it dips into their pockets.
>>
>>720424674
>implying you learn all truths in 'grad school'.

Wake up, sheep
>>
>>720421273
To be honest, I want to accelerate climate change. I hope we get the worst possible outcome. Kind of want to see what would happen. Life is too boring right now.
>>
>>720424674
Nigga it 100% works this way, im sorry the world isnt the way you like it to be.
>>
>>720424333
Careful, bruh. Eccentricity doesn't drive solar insolation cycles directly. You're thinking precession and tilt. Eccentricity basically just amplifies the other two signals.
>>
>>720424560
A.K.A passing peer-review...

Also, not true, because some papers do go through the machine, and are subsequently tested for fallibility. If the "SYSTEMIC AGENDA" was real, you'd see no counter-claims ever published
>>
>>720424674
MY PHD PROFESSORS ALL BITCH AND COMPLAIN AND CLAIM THAT IS EXACTLY HOW IT HAPPENS

EVERY
FUCKING
ONE
OF
THEM

YOU OBV ARENT A SCIENTIST BECAUSE EVEN DE GRASS TYSON, KAKO, HAWKING, THEY ALL CLAIM THIS TOO
>>
>>720424560
Isn't it past your bedtime?
If you want to discuss why don't you first try reading my post first there was no way you could answer that fast, and turn off the caps. What science doesn't agree with me, the one in your head, because I'd like to hear it kiddo. And no, if you think theres honestly money in science I can tell you firsthand I've never made a buck from the amount of grants my lab gets, it just makes data collection easier for us. The money is in the oil company research that denies causation, and the suppression of EPA research further proves the lack of money in this fucking field.

>>720424848
Ah you're right my mistake
>>720424769
stop samefagging and go back to /pol/
>>
File: 1485327904299.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485327904299.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>720424769
I'M JUST SO FUCKING TRIGGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRED
>>
>>720424855
>what is paid opposition?
>>
>>720422564
How about answering the fucking question?
>>
File: 1485456857581.png (239KB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
1485456857581.png
239KB, 400x289px
>*SCIENTISTS*
>you realize that those are the same people

No. You alluded to several different fields, none of which are actually climate scientists. Totally different people with totally different sets of knowledge.

To declare "SCIENTISTS" some kind of monolith is to betray your totally null understanding of how science is actually done.

>unanimous consensus

No. Among actual climate scientists, there is still debate. The only "consensus" is among various frauds literally so much as *alluding* to climate change in papers published in other fields and still getting counted among "muh 97%" to declare a consensus. Them, and of course the politically,motivated hacks handing out the grant money.

People are skeptical of a "scientific consensus" claimed by politicians in the current age of doubt in whether or not scientific institutions are actually keeping their standards up. The EPA in particular has been raising questions about its peer-review standards for years now. Deal with it instead of throwing a shitty tantrum, faggot.
>>
>>720424855
HAHAHAHAHAH

FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>720424905
Depends on the field, but tons of journals thrive on being contrarian, a lot of natural sciences, anyway. People think that a great way to launch a big career is to totally disprove some established hypothesis.

AND I'M A PHD EARTH SCIENCE STUDENT MOTHER FUCKER

SOME OF US HAVE SOME FAITH AND JUST TRY TO DO GOOD SCIENCE
>>
>>720422887
>citation needed

Its called google search. How about checking for something that fucking simple? And in all your days sitting in a chair growing fat how did you not see one fucking graph, or the 4 others already posted in this thread?
>>
>>720421273
(1/2)
>You know the people who researched and figured out how to make a lump of plastic and metal fit in your pocket and run apps and GPS and contact people instantly on the other side of the world? ...Who figured out how to make a plane stay in the air.... How to understand wind and oceanic patterns to safely navigate ships, predict the path of storms....
Those were all the same people? Goddamn, that's talent...

>you realize that those are the same people
Yeah? The same exact people? Really?

>unanimous consensus
Because science is driven by consensus, right? And are you sure it's unanimous...? Because it's not.

>evidence
And, you know, they haven't changed their opinions on the raw data at all over time, have they?

>and agreement
Consensus AND agreement.. wow science wow!

>that the climate is changing at an extreme rate specifically due to human activity?
Except that last point has problems

>So I'm curious, if you don't understand climate change
I do, in fact, understand climate change, thanks for asking

>If you believe it's not happening
I do, I just don't see the evidence that humans (or CO2) are a significant driving force in the fairly moderate differences we've been seeing

>if you believe it's not out of control because of us
Well, it isn't. Not one model, out of hundreds proposed, has accurately predicted climate change in the nearly four decades we've had accurate and objective temperature readings.

>who did you get that information from?
Scientists. You know, the ones that are not part of government organizations trying to push policy. Ones that don't believe there is consensus in science, ever. Because consensus inherently negates the scientific method.
>>
>>720421700
No its not.

The natural changes they argue about occurred over millions of years.

The changes and measurable levels of chemicals in the atmosphere THAT WE PUT THERE since the industrial revolution onwards, is the reason the change is coming within less than a century.

I think there is no debate in the fact that 100 years is LESS than millions of years. But I'm sure they'd contest that too.

Fucking ay we are so fucking fucked
>>
>>720421273
(2/2)
>How did you verify it?
By looking at the data. I personally worked on computer modeling, so I got to do a lot of that myself. But anyone can look, it's all widely available. You just have to stop being informed by people with policies and propaganda to push; your main source of information can't be the media.

>What was the scientific, evidence-based, research-heavy background of the person who gave you that impression?
Geologists, astrophysicists, etc.... It takes many scientific fields to understand what's going on.
>>
>>720425067
soooo... how exactly do you know what peer reviewed science you trust, and what you dont.... because otherwise you should just deny all peer reviewed science.
>>
>>720423054
Nice job avoiding the question.
>>
>>720423079
Because making a 7 x 1 inch metal box with a large amount of wires and machinery is not equivalent to making the fucking earth 10 degrees cooler.
>>
>>720421273
why do they call it "glacier" instead of permafrost or ice or soemthing?

oh yeah, because it goes away.
>>
>>720425268
YOURE A FUCKING GRAD STUDENT IN A FUCKING PHD PROGRAM

YOU DONT KNOW FUCKING SHIT YET

IF YOUR PROFESSOR SERIOUSLY HASNT TOLD YOU HOW THE REAL WORLD WORKS YET, AND YOU HAVENT FIGURED IT OUT, YOU NEVER WILL

>People think that a great way to launch a big career is to totally disprove some established hypothesis.

SO JUST KEEP REAFFIRMING THE STATUS QUO

SO MUCH TRUTH
MUCH SCIENCE
UR RIGHT AGAIN

>SOME OF US HAVE SOME FAITH AND JUST TRY TO DO GOOD SCIENCE

HAHAHAHA FAGGOT
>>
>>720425184
What productive thinking does this elicit, the debate is typically over the extent of warming caused and the effects, believe me I've read way too many papers on this topic. I remember one lab said, we won't talk about climate changes causation to sea level rise anymore it's bad for grant money, so we just ignored the causation and focused on the sea level rise, because that image is not how the real world works

>>720425268
phd oceanography ma niggga
>>
>>720423852
The deltas you are portraying as massive are in tenths of a degree, which barely show up as a single pixel on his.
>>
>>720423475

Fucking good. All the cancer comes from the shitty coasts anyway.
>>
>>720424773
God, i love these these type of people. Claim others to "wake up" and call them sheep. Where the fuck do you get any of your info you idiot? You claim to know more than the average "sheep" but I bet it goes something like this
>I roam the internet better than you, i can think better
>>
>>720424773
Nigga thinks he's up on a high horse with
>muh knowledge
>>
>>720425347
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HEY GUYS, REMEMBER THE 80'S AND HOW THE WHOLE GLOBALIST KIKE CABAL OF MAINSTREAM EARTH SCIENCES TOLD US THE HOLE IN THE OZONE WOULD KILL US ALL AND GRADUALLY KEEP GETTING BIGGER UNTIL WE ALL FLOATED OFF THE PLANET?

IT NEVER HAPPENED

<30 YEAR IT FIXED ITSELF

QUIT GIVING HUMANITY SO MUCH FUCKING UNDESERVED CREDIT AND EGO

OUR PLANETS BILLIONS OF YEARS OLD, YOU FAGGOTS ARENT GOING TO FUCK WITH SHIT
>>
>>720425650
shhh don't you know if someone said it online it must be true get fucking woke
>>
>>720425583
Attacking established hypotheses is reaffirming the status quo?

Bruh.
>>
>>720425806
Fixed itself? Theres still damage to the ozone, much less yes, but AFTER WE CHANGED WHAT WE WERE DOING
>>
>>720423767

>Mercury temp up 300 degrees
>Implying Mercury isn't in a fixed rotation with widely fluctuating temperatures due to its days being longer then it's years

Citation needed.
>>
>>720425650
I never claim to be an expert in anything. I'm not so arrogant to claim expertise in anything. You guys just keep thumping your enlightened, intellectual chests. Its at the very least, entertaining.
>>
>>720425625
God bless you oceanography bros.
>>
>>720425962
THE CHEMICALS WE REPLACED IT WITH ARE EVEN MORE FUCKING DANGEROUS

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: Hopeislost.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
Hopeislost.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>720423776
>Sweety
>*REAL SCIENTISTS*

The five year old also apparantly has an IQ of 5.

The only way your last statement makes any sense is if you meant they literal have not said the exact fucking words "Climate change is a thing" because they said something else such as "Climate change is impending/bad"
>>
>>720426096
On top of being obnoxious, you also have a poor sense of humor if you think all your responses are funny.
>>
>>720425962
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Protocol

My nigga.
>>
>>720425806
I find it very unlikely you were around for the 80s, I don't know what you're talking about, but the hole in the ozone layer was about super dangerous UVB rays that were normally blocked in the stratosphere, but one aerosols bind to free oxygen ozone is depleted. This increased penetration also adds to fucking up plankton which fucks up everything, but it's a better situation than before thankfully.
>>720426035
<3
>>
File: IMG_0476.jpg (19KB, 283x263px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0476.jpg
19KB, 283x263px
Here's the part nobody talks about or even wants to know. The best and brightest scientist also say we are past the point of reversing global warming and the earth will no longer be able to sustain human life at current population levels within an estimated 200 years. Your grandchilds grandchild will live in a very very different place. (If he lives at all).
>>
>>720426302
I think hes funny, maybe youre just butthurt
>>
>>720421273
>empowerment fantasy
Is Chad a climate change denier anon?
>>
>>720426385
Who the fuck says that? IPCC sure doesn't
>>
>>720426401
Went would i be butthurt? Also, it's infinitely more likely that you're just samefagging. He's not funny
>>
>>720423796
WOW IM SO COOL I MADE A REALLY IMPORTANT THING SEEM DUMB WITH MY UNEDUCATED FACTS

BECAUSE A RISE OF 10 FEET WOULD NOT CAUSE BILLIONS OF STRUCTURE DAMAGE, NO SIR!
>>
>>720426096
citation needed. At the time the extensive use of CFC's were the main contributor, im not saying we dont do harm in other ways, just that there was an issue caused by people, we changed what we were doing, and we saw a correlative effect. Understanding how CFC's interacted with the ozone allowed scientists to make a prediction, they tested that prediction, and go figure, they knew what they were talking about.
>>
>>720423376
still haven't posted an article. my guess is you just don't want to have to admit that you maybe didn't know as much as you thought you did.
>>
>>720426255
WHAT THE FUCK

IS THIS A FUCKING CRINGE THREAD?

HEY, TIP YOUR FEDORA FAST ENOUGH TO FLY AWAY AND GO ORBIT WITH YOUR FELLOW COSMIC HAM PLANETS OVER AT REDIT
>>
File: 1342993467007_9473595[1].png (33KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
1342993467007_9473595[1].png
33KB, 420x294px
>>720425583
>>720425806
>>720426096>>720424905
>>
>>720426503
IPCC is ridiculously underestimated, nearly to the point of borderline fraudulence, but it's the only way they're allowed to get their data out and "accepted", which is a notion I find ridiculous, especially from those who don't understand the significance of the data /rant
>>
>>720426586
He's sperging out severely
>>
>>720426306
Thank you for supporting my claim

My nigga.
>>
>>720426698
Fuck yeah, the system works.
>>
File: Antartica.jpg (102KB, 835x832px) Image search: [Google]
Antartica.jpg
102KB, 835x832px
>>720421551
>Phlogiston_theory
One German Alchemist 1667's bullshit theoretical deduction.

>Climate change or Global warming whatever
Multiple peer reviewed studies/data collected with modern equipment from NASA/EPA, ESA, and even the fucking CNSA.
>>
>>720424024
>96% of scientists with legitimate degrees and jobs agree that climate change is real and that caused by humans

>because that consensus was no longer a consensus after Newton came along

>Cops don't have PhD's and can be biased, Politicians are meant to be biased and lawyers are meant to extort and twist the law to help their customers. Scientists are meant to provide information.

>I wouldn't do that, and neither would the people with genuine education, so post the sources you don't have

>provide accurate graphs and data that show this theory is true. Provide accurate graphs and data that show that large amounts of burning fossil fuels and coal doesn't cause cancer.
>>
File: hehehe.gif (1MB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
hehehe.gif
1MB, 800x533px
>>720422878
>Quite frankly, no one gives a fuck about combustion

Oh jeeze, you got me real good there anon. T'was quite the chuckle I had from that one.
>>
OP, unless you're a SCIENTIST, please STFU. You lack the knowledge to understand scientific studies.
>>
>>720426302
FUCK YOU, YOURE FUCKING OBNOXIOUS WITH YOUR STUPID FUCKING THEORIES ON MADE UP BULLSHIT

>>720426370
I WAS BORN IN THE 90S SO THE FUCK WHAT

I CAN STILL REMEMBER SEEING WHAT PEOPLE WERE SAYING IN THE 80S ON TV IN 2000S FUCKER

>>720426586
MAKE ME YOU FUCKING LIBERAL KIKE PIECE OF SHIT

YOU WANT A FUCKING CIVILIZED DEBATE THEN TAKE YOUR FUCKING ASS OVER TO REDIT WITH THE REST OF YOUR MENTALLY ILL SACKS OF FUCKING PISS ASS GARBAGE PSEUDO INTELLECTUALS
>>
>>720422991
For this to be a viable suggestion, you'd have to be talking about the largest, most complex and well organized conspiracy theory of all time. You'd have to assume that tens of thousands of independent scientists are somehow communicating with each other without the public knowing, and not a single one is talking. This is as close to impossible as anything can be, and the fact that you suggest it shows just how astoundingly ignorant you are.

The truly frightening thing is there are so many people just as ignorant as you out there.
>>
>>720426555
https://www2.bc.edu/jeremy-shakun/Marcott%20et%20al.,%202013,%20Science.pdf

This one is kinda fun, it combines paleoproxy reconstructions with historically observed data.

This what you're looking for, friendo?
>>
>>720427015
HEY GUYS, IM A SCIENTIST, WE CANT LIE

[CITATION FUCKING NEEDED]
>>
>>720421273
The climate is indeed changing. What exactly do you mean? Can you provide some evidence?
>>
>>720426574

Honest kek. Thanks. I needed that. Nice educated response with many facts and a lot of data. Whats next? Gonna come hunt me down?
>>
>>720422518
In a few brief decades, West Asia gets to hit the reset button regardless of climate change because once the oil dries up literally anyone who's ever been anyone over there is going to get brutally tortured beyond recognition since they won't have an empire anymore to safeguard themselves
>>
File: mood.jpg (37KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
mood.jpg
37KB, 640x640px
>>720427151
oh so you've just proved my point that you weren't around for the 80s...
>I can still remember what people were saying in the 80s in the 2000s
>on TV
>I can see the 80s on TV
>in the 2000s
okay we get it you were born in 1999
>>
File: 1485408919708.jpg (384KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485408919708.jpg
384KB, 800x1200px
>>
>>720427284
HEY GUYS I HAVE NO WAY OF RESPONDING TO LEGITIMATE FACTS AND DATA SO ALL I CAN DO IS TYPE ANGRILY AND NOT ASK FOR CITATIONS FOR CERTAIN POINTS
>>
>>720427151
Is There something on your mind you need to talk about /b/ro? We're here for you Anon. You don't have to yell.

We just care about you is all, and we're worried you might be getting a little worked up. Take a moment to breathe, then tell us whats troubling you.
>>
>>720424653
>we actually can store it safely.
Ever hear of the Hanford site?
>>
>>720427366
SO YOURE SAYING IF YOU DIDNT WITNESS IT FIRST HAND IT ISNT REAL OR TRUE?
>>
>>720427380
I suppose science would say that's a guy fucking a girl, right? Probably over 97%
i bet
>>
File: 1482784380325.gif (2MB, 400x284px) Image search: [Google]
1482784380325.gif
2MB, 400x284px
>>
File: history.jpg (69KB, 750x371px) Image search: [Google]
history.jpg
69KB, 750x371px
>>720427304
What do you specifically have questions about?
We're facing a period of warming with a speed unseen outside of an asteroid impact, when we should be seeing decreasing temperatures due to solar output. The greenhouse effect is well understood, and it's role in CO2 based thermal radiation retention and associated temperature change is causal not correlation based.
>>
>>720427576
actually i'm pretty sure they'd say thats just a picture.
>>
File: 1482604639177.jpg (260KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1482604639177.jpg
260KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>720427563
No, he's saying you're a moron that types in caps for some reason. Jesus dude we get it, you have a problem with the sizes of your dick and your intelligence. I'm sure they're just fine
>>
File: 1482603748684.jpg (124KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
1482603748684.jpg
124KB, 640x852px
>>
>>720427563
No I'm saying you're a fucking retard. But you did make me slightly kek, only a little.
>>
>>720427512
Thats in no way how we store it nowadays.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_waste_treatment_technologies
>>
>>720427576
>>720427380 (you)

actually it kinda depends on what the scientists think about traps; a non-highly researched topic with an obvious answer, fucking kike. Don't even say climate change is that.
>>
>>720421273
Now you see it 70 YEARS AGO.

Nice try Earth Fag.
>>
>>720427697
INSULTING MY INTELLIEGENCE BECAUSE I USE CAPS LOCK AND YOU WRITE THAT FUCKING FAILURE OF A PARAGRAPH?
>>
File: ffffff.jpg (145KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ffffff.jpg
145KB, 1920x1200px
We can't control global warming. Give it a fucking rest libtards
>>
>>720421273
Not all science is created equal. In fact, a lot of it is shit. Most of that shit can be found in the Social Sciences. Just remember that.

There is Hard Science and what is called Soft Science. I think you can figure out which is which by yourself.
>>
>>720421273
ice melts.
thats what it does
>>
>>720427776
These children can't take discussion about their future seriously, I shouldn't be surprised but I've never seen one of these threads devolve this far before heh
>>
File: 1484542283583.png (207KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
1484542283583.png
207KB, 480x352px
>>
>>720427809
>Implying that a cubic km of ice melts by itself in 70 years
>>
>>720425625

>It isn't productive to consider the possibility of debate not only over causes, but moreover over the extent to which said causes actually affect anything and matter at all
>Just trust me bro I've read a bunch of papers
>Also yeah we totally just avoid bringing up some things now because grant money

You have proven my point completely. This kind of talk, which you and your colleagues almost certainly consider totally normal at this point, is precisely why people are losing faith in your institutions and asking serious questions about whether you really have your act together right now and can be trusted.
>>
>>720424005
India make up 905 of greenhouse gas with how much they shit
>>
>>720427896
and why does ice melt again, please remind me?
>>
>>720427917
actually for /b/s standards this is actually still pretty coherent.
>>
File: 1483987661239.gif (2MB, 248x236px) Image search: [Google]
1483987661239.gif
2MB, 248x236px
>>
File: WNPN.jpg (95KB, 901x668px) Image search: [Google]
WNPN.jpg
95KB, 901x668px
>>720421786
Climate change is good.

More melting glaciers means more water.
Warmer temps means more livable areas.
Warmer earth means more viable cropland.

Muh Carbon Dioxide is a poison! Look at all the trees and plants it has killed!
>>
>>720421539
more than 60% of all mammals will be dead in less than 100 years.

this may include all humans.

i thought we might have had a chance depending on who the next president was.
but seein trump go after oil and forget about renewable resources has led me to believe we are all indeed fucked.
>>
>>720427985
>720427985
kek
>>
File: 1483453138476.jpg (61KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1483453138476.jpg
61KB, 500x707px
>>
>>720427875
>We can't control global warming.
Yes we can, As a species we must control the climate to suit our needs.
>>
>>720421273
>august 13
>august 31
that's just its monthly cycle
>>
>>720428018
poes law?
>>
File: 1483483647872.gif (1MB, 200x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483483647872.gif
1MB, 200x400px
>>
>>720428067
Women, am I right?
>>
>>720428018
>rising water is good

Sea water kills plants. Glaciers feed the oceans not fucking rivers you idiot.

30% of the American population lives within 10 miles of the coast. Hope you enjoy your structural damage and even more fucked up agriculture.
>>
>>720428050
We don't need to anon. Unless you've found a way to live forever it's pretty pointless to worry about.
>>
>>720428038
Now that's actually hot.
>>
File: 1484333076315.jpg (232KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
1484333076315.jpg
232KB, 1280x768px
>>
File: 1480702150661.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480702150661.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>720423406
Wait, you mean like how long people were ostracized when they first said global warming existed?
>>
File: 1480700847483.webm (1MB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480700847483.webm
1MB, 1080x720px
>>
>>720421786
If you had even the faintest notion of heat transfer you would realize what you believe is retarded
>>
>>720428100
wouldknockthefuckout/10
>>
>>720426535
uneducated facts?
you cant even make a sentence that makes sense
its getting late kid you should go to sleep
>>
>>720421273
YOUR FACTS DO NOT FIT THE FACTS OF THE STATE. THEREFORE, THEY WILL BE REPLACED BY MORE USEFUL "ALTERNATIVE FACTS". SCIENCE IS OBSOLETE. FREE SPEECH IS OBSOLETE. YOU ARE OBSOLETE.
ALL HAIL BIG BROTHER TRUMP. ALL HAIL OUR GLORIOUS, INFALLIBLE STATE.
>>
>>720421273
How can something that naturally happens be out of control? We lived through it before, we will live through it again. Live lived through it before. It will live through it again.
>>
>>720428000
nice trips
I was providing an anecdote to prove your point wrong, if you wanna make a straw man to change your argument, why don't you clarify where you don't believe this to be happening with your obvious background in the field, or at least ask some questions I can respond to, because fuck what papers and I say right, and fuck what the 97% say as you said, I want to hear YOUR thoughts on this issue, fire up those fucking neurons and think for yourself as you advocate.
>>720428023
If it doesn't it'll be shortly after
I'm really hoping for some innovation
>>
>>720428353
ITS ABOUT TIME THAT NIGGER OBUNGO GETS LYNCHED TOO

YOU FUCKING LIBERAL GREEN TREE HUGGING FAGGOTS NEED TO BE EXTERMINATED 2
>>
>>720428377
We didn't actually, as the last time this happened it caused a mass extinction event. https://www.skepticalscience.com/Earths-five-mass-extinction-events.html
>>
>>720422627
You're ignoring history to fulfill the narrative you and so many of you believe in. There are no levels of climate change. Climate change will happen regardless.
>>
3 degrees and the bread basket of the USA and China become wasteland. What will happen when resources start to dry up and food becomes scarce. Hint: Niggers will burn the rest of civilization to the ground. Niggers have a common DNA message encoded. "Make the world Africa"
>>
>>720428148
>it's pretty pointless to worry about.
everything in life is pointless. still, it should be fixed, only if we care about it.
>>
>>720422530
There is absolutely NO FUCKING WAY that scientists can measure the true "average" temp on earth and be accurate at any given time and be within a 3% margin of error.

40 Years ago, that margin of error was 6%.

In 1932, taking the temperature (without serious scientific instruments) was impossible without giving a margin of error of 5% for a single area.

The number of weather stations used throughout the world in 1880 was less than 100, yet we claim to have accurate data going back almost 200 years...on a 4.2 Billion year-old planet.

Science does not know shit past 1985.
>>
>>720428067
Glaciers don't have monthly cycles, and they certainly don't melt more as it gets closer to winter.
>>
>>720428377
I think this thread might be a little more your intellectual pace my friend:
>>>720420660
>>
File: 1480702476471.webm (2MB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480702476471.webm
2MB, 450x360px
>>
>>720422664
Really? How much has it changed since you were born? I highly doubt it's changed at all. Climate change happens over thousands of years not decades.
>>
File: 1480702343230.webm (593KB, 224x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480702343230.webm
593KB, 224x400px
>>
>>720421273
If you're serious about your cause then stop eating meat. The amount of fresh water that goes into keeping your CO2 producing livestock alive could really be used elsewhere.
>>
>>720428377
>
Dammit, no one is seriously suggesting that climate change will wipe out our species.

It WILL increase drought frequency and severity, dislocated millions of people living near the coasts, worsen many invasive species pandemics, create extinctions in the ocean, etc.
>>
>>720428480
>no levels of climate change

All of my brain cells just died at once
>>
File: 1480495172694.webm (334KB, 352x598px) Image search: [Google]
1480495172694.webm
334KB, 352x598px
>>
>>720421273
>implying that human impact is significant enough to affect an ENTIRE PLANET

Check your ego
>>
>>720428489
dude what the fuck are you talking about, when talking about a 3% margin of error on a GLOBAL system, that's fucking nothing, can you imagine how many variables are involved, just for a moment? That's incredibly accurate, and if you're looking into the past, we use ice core data, with equipment past 1985, and the change over time gives us climate, this doesn't need to be accurate to submesoscale degrees, as remember this isn't weather
>>
>>720422846
In Einsteins THEORY of relativity, he used the Speed of Light as a CONSTANT.

Well, we now KNOW that it is not a constant, and that TIME is the actual constant.

Scientists, and science fellators are fucking idiots if they are supported by tax dollars.
>>
>>720428536
Nah, climate change actual happens pretty quickly once we get to a "saturation point", ie, the point where natural buffers can't stabilize the environment anymore and it starts to go wildly out of control.
>>
>>720421273
If "climate change" is real, then we're doomed. All the bullshit token moves our government makes so they have an excuse to tax us more and take away modern convenience From the non-elite will do nothing to stop the eventual destruction of our ecosystem. The whole "climate change" movement is all about extracting money from white people who will only fall for that's sort of scam if they feel like they're doing the right thing.

And if "climate change" is a hoax, then it does to matter anyway.
>>
>>720428489
Weather is hard because the atmosphere is a dynamical system with chaotic solutions.

Proxy data for climate though, which we can verify against historical data.
>>
>>720428730
gravity is a fucking theory, deny it I really want to see that, why don't you prove it's fake and jump off the nearest bridge for us
>>
>>720428718
>Implying intuition about human activity is more accurate than the scientific method

No u
>>
>>720428730
Even the speed of light is theoretical, and we most certainly do not have a constant for time. That is what the Theory of Relativity is ABOUT you moron. Time is RELATIVE.
>>
>>720428808
this 10000%
>>
>>720422846
Shut the fuck up Ronny.

Theories are UNPROVEN ideas. They are not the sum of "reliable accounts of the real world"

You're such a douchebag, no wonder your dad left.
>>
>>720428143
Hopefully we can drown all those commies and faggots that live on the coast kek
>>
>>720428501
I think you just need to stop trying to discuss anything with anyone. You people can never have a discussion without getting butthurt that someone doesn't agree with you. All this manmade bullshit is just a bunch of self hating faggots who want to make others feel as bad as they do.
>>
>>720428382
>I'm really hoping for some innovation
hopefully trump sees how the rest of the world is going after renewable energy and does the same. but i doubt hed put all his friends out of business.

our only hope lies within the people. hopefully it doesnt become violent tho but thats what it looks like will happen.
>>
>>720424005
and right now they are spending more on renewable energy than the US is...
>>
>>720428597
You can't measure climate change by levels you fucking asshat. What brain cells? For them to have died you have to have had some in the first place.
>>
>>720428886
>Theories are UNPROVEN ideas.
That's a hypothesis. Theories are ideas that have proof. Gb2 middle school science, fag.
>>
g
>>
>>720428847
Time is not relative numbnuts.

Time is a "man made" constant.
>>
>>720428916
yeah that innovation is really one of the motivators in my studies, but when I see the funding projects get it looks pretty bad stateside...
I've been conflicted after the whole epa shitshow, I know people that say australia has it better with research because I'm about to lose hope in STEM in the us
>>
>>720428751
Out of control? You can't control nature. Nature by it's nature is out of control. That is the very nature of Universe. Chaos. It's the only constant we have.
>>
>>720421273
2017 and not knowing the difference between scientist and engineer. No wonder you believe what ever cuck tells you.
>>
>>720429019
A theory is still just a hypothesis even if 99% of that theory has been proven.

If you cannot prove that theory to 100%, you aint got shit.
>>
>>720429184
>this poster is wrong so climate change must not be real because my superior intellect would never make such a mistake
>>
>>720429212
Yeah, natural science can't prove anything, but we're really good at statistics bro.
>>
>>720428906
Yeah, my main reason for listening to experts and believing in science is to make neets on 4chan feel bad.
>>
>>720428572
This is exactly what Al Gore said would be happening by 2015. It's not happening at all. He started the entire climate alarmist bullshit, and gained a ton of money by doing so.

There's more money in man made global warming for the oil companies and power companies than there is in regular climate change. Convince the people that we're causing it and you can bump up the price of all products to whatever degree.
>>
>>720421273
>... you realize that those are the same people who are presenting unanimous consensus, evidence, and agreement that the climate is changing at an extreme rate specifically due to human activity?

Yeah that why today when I was looking at putting an offer on a house I made sure it was more than 25 feet above sea level.
>>
>>720427151
You need to chill and get off 4chins underage b&
>>
>>720429347
read up on stochastic calculus before you say something like that
>>
>>720429036
No, time dilutes as we approach the speed of light. Astronauts in spaceships experience time going slightly faster than we do here on Earth, we've tested this by sending an atomic clock to space, when it came down it was off.
This is pretty basic shit, Einstein proposed it more than half a century ago.
>>
>>720429350
No your reason for it is to make yourself feel better about yourself. You're not in it because you give a shit you're in it because you believe you're on the right side for doing it.
>>
>>720429503
Fair. We cannot PRACTICALLY prove anything in sciences like climate, geology, hydrology, etc.
>>
>>720429141
I was using a colloquialism. Obviously we don't "control" nature (although we do very much affect it). However, there are pretty predictable patterns the environment follows, it's "low energy" state. However, at some point the "low energy" state becomes harder to manage, and a new one is sought. In the process, we historically have seen nearly all life extinguished.
>>
>>720421273
Those aren't scientists, they're engineering master race
>>
>>720428483
> caring about it your whole life
> eventually you die
> future generations laugh at your stupidity
> ????
> failure?
>>
>>720429782
Such is life, such is nature. If it was meant to happen it's going to happen. Yet when you live day by day and stop reading non-sense, you see not very much has changed.

Weather patterns have changed. Climate will change regardless if we help it along or not. We have no choice but to adapt or die. That is life. You either move with the flow or get left behind.
>>
>>720421273

>global warming movie preview delayed because of record snow fall and freezing temps

>every historical graph shows ups and downs every few decades
>find the oldest pic of the last "down/more snow" and compare it to the most recent up
>and dont point out how the other years bookending it are within the same range as every other
>>
>>720429409
what?
Bump up the price of what products fucking kek I can't lose more faith in this thread, tell me WHERE is the money in legitimate climate research, fuck what al gore says I want to hear your view
>>720429651
Yep I remember a memorable quote from my lab director was that even a 60% correlation in a stochastic system is worth looking at, as with a fuckton of variables any insignificant change can lead to armageddon (not actually but you get the point) which is the underlying theory of chaos theory mathematics and the butterfly effect. Physical science is unlike engineering, as in engineering you need to be 99% accurate because it's a fuckton of equations that already exist for an infinitesimal thing (a building), but science is ridiculously massive.
>>
>>720421273
It's not as bad as you're making it out to be. It's going to take many lifetimes for it to even begin affecting negatively. Also retards don't realize the Suns getting hotter.
>>
>>720429914
There will be no future generations to laugh about it
>>
>>720427015

>literally outted as doctoring data and graphs
>>
Dang climate change
>>
>>720429212
Functionally, climate change is proven. There have been no serious flaws found in the theory. (If there had been, I'm sure Exxon-Mobil would have made sure you had known.) At the moment, there is no serious refutation to the theory that humans are the cause of climate change, that is, there are no cohesive counter theories. I'm not sure how more ironclad you want it. We can continue proving it, but it is kinda of a time sensitive matter. We can't wait until 90% of life on Earth is facing extinction to start worrying and planning solutions.
>>
>>720430041
when will retards learn climate ==/== weather
>>
>>720430047
Exactly you don't understand. There is more money is pseudo-scarcity than there is in surplus. Make people think we're running out of something and people will pay whatever amount you want them to because they feel like they need it.

What products you ask? Well food, gas, power, water.
>>
>>720429520
Yeah seeing the earth get destroyed because retards aren't scientifically literate makes me feel great. God my ego is just overflowing!

Real talk, I actually do care about the earth. Everyone should care about it. It's literally the only political issue I give a fuck about
>>
File: wherefore_art_thou_citation.png (35KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
wherefore_art_thou_citation.png
35KB, 500x271px
>>720430230
top kek that's a new argument
image related
>>
>>720429036
>>720429512
They actually have to regularly reset the clocks in the GPS satellites due to gravitational time distortion. If they didn't do this they couldn't fly bombs down air shafts and you wouldn't know how to find the NAPA in Orlando Fl.
>>
>>720430138
Okay so did we cause climate change before we evolved?
>>
It wasn't scientists who figured that stuff out; it was engineers. Have some respect.
>>
File: OhNo.jpg (37KB, 337x261px) Image search: [Google]
OhNo.jpg
37KB, 337x261px
>>720421273
>climate change

Get a grip you hysterical faggot.
>>
the best was how after last years record low huricans the NOAA want to reduce the wind speeds needed to categorize hurricanes, so they can say theres still a lot each year

literally the most hilarious fucking daily articles on drudge last year
>>
>>720430235
The Earth won't get destroyed. Human beings will. Life will move on and evolve past us, that's what scares you little faggots into listening to this shit.

The Earth will not die until the Sun does, or if some other celestial body interferes with it. Earth's not going anywhere until then.

We're going somewhere. We're going to die. It's part of life, so get the fuck used to it.
>>
>>720430331
No it's not a new argument. Somewhere along the lines someone figured out that scarcity is a great way to make money. Everything is about money now. That's part of living in the globalized world that we live in now. It's all about money.
>>
File: OPinversion.jpg (52KB, 301x286px) Image search: [Google]
OPinversion.jpg
52KB, 301x286px
>>720430138
Ah, so let's slash energy production and drive costs way up.

No down side to that, amirite?
>>
>>720430358
No. Also its never changed this rapidly before we evolved. I thought this was already covered itt.
>>
File: 6425793421.jpg (545KB, 1440x2281px) Image search: [Google]
6425793421.jpg
545KB, 1440x2281px
>>720421273
>>"who did you get that information from?"

Get honest and direct information from ZetaTalk.com

Climate change/Global Warning is due to the inbound Planet X aka Nibiru.
>>
>>720430551
nibiru
>>
>>720430697
Uh yeah it has. Every period of warming or cooling is followed by a rapid cooling or warming.
>>
>>720430050
Theyre on entirely different timescales, if we don't prevent it now we never will
>>720430358
>what is a comet
>what is faulty plate tectonics (excuse the pun) in the past causing mass volcanism
>>720430404
great discussion really thanks
>>720430665
It's new to me, I've never actually heard anyone say this, it sounds ridiculously unfounded and you'd have no problem finding a source if it was as prominent as you claim it is
>>
>>720430808
You beat me god damn
>>
>>720430808
b-b-but how can planet x be real if the earth is flat and a rhombus?
>>
>>720430853
No. It has never changed this rapidly in the past. Never.
>>
>>720430404
>A bunch of goat fuckers are going to DESTROY AMERICA! We need to bomb ALL OF THE MUSLIMS!
>99% of scientists agree that climate change presents an existential threat to humanity? Typical liberals, scared of their shadows.
>>
>>720428143
The sea levels have risen 0'0" in the last 25 years. so shut the fuck up Ronny!

Florida was supposed be 35% underwater by 2011...yet, nothing.
>>
>>720430996
>>720430853
It has. Once. During the Chicxulub asteroid impact 65 million years ago.
>>
>>720421273

The hoax is strong in this one...
>>
>>720421403
THIS also tl;dr
>>
>>720427243
No, it would really only take about 30 people that are held in high enough esteem that everyone believes tells the 100% objective truth. Its really not as hard as you think. The rest of the herd will follow the truth.
>>
>>720430696
You have presented with two options: More expensive energy costs, or likely human extinction within the next two centuries.
I'm glad you are taking the responsible choice.
>>
File: 1307597367501.jpg (25KB, 463x454px) Image search: [Google]
1307597367501.jpg
25KB, 463x454px
you can never show sleeping people facts and expect them to understand
>>
>>720430863
If you had a brain cell in your brain you would understand it perfectly well. But that's the age we live in. We live in the age of educated morons who read books and think it makes them intelligent.

You've never heard it because you've never had that sort of thought process. It's logic, and common sense, something you people these days lack.

There is evidence but you can look it up yourself. I really don't give a shit. I'd rather just sit back and watch you little faggot squirm and whine about this shit meanwhile having no real power to do anything about it. It's very amusing.

It's new to you because you belong to the generation that keeps it's head in the ground or in their phones. It's new to you because you're probably a fucking millenial.
>>
>>720423633
>we have carbon capturing technology
They're called "Trees", Snowflake.
>>
>>720431115
>Good goy.
>$0.02 has been added to your account.
>>
>>720421786

East Anglia emails destroyed credibility of the 'climate movement'.

It's why we in the states have the 2nd Amendment–so that when bureaucrats dream up reasons to take shit away from you you can shoot them.
>>
>>720421273
> be anon
> smarter than all other anons
> cannot ever be convinced otherwise

we're a reactive society, we'll only change when we're given no other choice
>>
>>720427347
Good thing the chinese elite owns a good enough part of northern africa so they can leave when the riots come for their blood and live like kings.
>>
File: sealevel.gif (22KB, 400x281px) Image search: [Google]
sealevel.gif
22KB, 400x281px
>>720431084
citation needed
>>
>>720422493
>even if you don't buy climate change, you need to accept that

No. No we don't.
>>
>>720431084
>According to one study of measurements available from 1950 to 2009, these measurements show an average annual rise in sea level of 1.7 millimetres (0.067 in) ± 0.3 millimetres (0.012 in) per year during this period, with satellite data showing a rise of 3.3 millimetres (0.13 in) ± 0.4 millimetres (0.016 in) per year from 1993 to 2009 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Current_sea_level_rise
>>
>>720422627
>more than 97% of scientists agree

That's political, not empirical

Global Warmism exists to take things from you.

Resist we much.
>>
>>720431101
Shocking... Asteroid impact equated to sudden climate change.
>>
I'm late but were these pictures taken during the same time of year? I'm not denying climate change is happening but it looks like the pic on the right is during summertime and the one on the left is during winter based on the foliage in the bottom left and the hill on the right. Either way I'm saving up to go to Alaska now before all that shit is gone. I'm documenting the fuck outta that ice
>>
>>720430331
We have enough of a surplus that we pay companies to burn their grain and pour milk down the drain. 8 people possess as much wealth as the bottom half of humanity. Money means NOTHING, if it did, half of the world, at least, would be starving.
>>
>>720422846

>>This is the case with climate theory.

Your 'theory' is so riddled with lies that refutation is almost comedic

Get a gun. At least be honest about your theft.
>>
you guys really tried to discuss things itt, but it turned to petty name calling too quickly.

We all went into this discussion thinking we had the answers. That's just not how you get someone into talking reasonably with you. Especially not on 4chan where we can do and say whatever we want.
>>
>>720428813
Its an incomplete theory, deal with it my uneducated friend. Btw every answer generates further questions and sonetimes what we thought we knew to be fact was just the tip of the iceberg, one day when your balls drop youll grasp this concept.
>>
>>720425347
if we are fucked we are fucked no matter what so why make shit more expensive if we dont have that long to enjoy it anyway?
>>
File: quenca,ecudaor.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
quenca,ecudaor.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>720422237

>More than 200 years before we even knew how ATOMS worked!

>we

Reads like the regurgitation of pop-"science" shows, complete with forceful giddiness.
>>
>>720422878
>When renowned scientists such as Bill Nye,

Oh god, my sides!
>>
>>720431528
More shocking: We are as good as an asteroid at ruining our environment.
>>
File: peyton.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
peyton.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>720431231
If you had a neuron worth firing you'd actually have provided a source for an argument so baseless it's never been used outside this thread. How can this not be satire
>morons who read books and think it makes them intelligent
Just because YOU don't understand the issue doesn't mean it isn't real, get off your retard high horse and try reading a fucking book for a change, the go look it up yourself brigade is a tiring act, I get it, you have no evidence, admitting is the first step. That was such a bad argument I'm still in shock that you would even bring it up, nice evidence though faggot.
>>
>>720431665
I think you and I are in agreement here.
>>
>>720429512
Pure bullshit.

Nobody has even tried to find out if gravity affects the decay of radiation...which it probably does.

All faggy fantasies of time travel and "space time" are pure bullshit. GPS synchronizing is NOT an exact science due to gravitational effects and Jerry, that fucker in the lab that added an extra .0001 degree to his calculation back in 1998. The same .0001 degree they have been trying to get rid of for the last 18 years.
>>
>>720431665
More shocking: There are those who will use climate change to their advantage by raising prices and claiming scarcity is the reason. They will claim it is faster than it is happening so they have more of a reason to raise prices.
>>
>>720423376
>Why even try to talk to these fucking hippy pieces of shit.

They're not hippies, they're Occupy thugs.

Best dealt with using fast lead.
>>
>>720430138
You fucking retard, there is NO THEORY of "climate change"...it is just an idea and a subject to be exploited and propagandized for political purposes.

Everything is anecdotal.
>>
>>720431822
Most shocking: If Exxon-Mobil and the Jewish bankers behind them really wanted to fund a climate change hoax, they would probably not pay literally billions to fight climate change research.
>>
>>720431625
"sonetimes" I don't want to live anymore
>it's an incomplete theory
citation fucking needed
just because it's impossible to prove 100% doesn't mean it isn't true, the same is applicable to climate change, which is also just a theory.
>>720431822
kek you're still going at it. No image? What's wrong buddy you couldn't find any evidence yet? Still searching?
>>
>>720422991
You, sir, watch too much George Carlin. That's pretty much verbatim from his stand up is it not?
>>
File: Marx_on_guns.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Marx_on_guns.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>720431841
Come at me, comrade.
>>
File: cmpunk1.gif (1B, 486x500px)
cmpunk1.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>720431727
I've read books of people who work in the electric and oil industries. They have talked about using false scarcity tactics to bump prices up on gas and electricity. There have been people who wrote books about food companies who do precisely the same thing.

You do realize that there are only anywhere from 6 to 10 oil companies in the entire world right now right? Most of them have partnerships with one another. FYI Media is precisely the same way. There's very few media companies left. It's called monopoly.

You don't understand the issue. You believe the bullshit they spoon feed you. You will gladly pay more if it means you feel better about doing it, and it's precisely that, that they rely off of. To make money. They're playing you and everyone else like a fucking fiddle, and you're just fucking dandy about it.
>>
>>720432084
Just because some other fag said it doesnt mean its not true.
>>
>>720431822
Let me get this straight. You think there is a global conspiracy to raise prices (on what may I ask) and climate scientists, astrophysicists, geologists, biologists, hydrologists etc. are all behind it so they can have more grant money? and Al Gore can make more shitty movies? WTF? you have got to be trolling.
>>
>>720422530

"CO2"; while all other pollutants (and which remain in a form that no biological life-form on the planet has any actual use for, save for the problem[s] or "market opportunity
that arise thereof) are overshadowed and ignored by something as one-dimensional and superficial as stripped down carbon. (Of course, that would then be "anti-science")
>>
File: ALLAAAAAAAH.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
ALLAAAAAAAH.jpg
1B, 486x500px
So many science denying snowflakes ITT.

Good Lord, we really are screwed aren't we?
>>
>>720432065
Read a book. Read books written by people who have worked in the electric and oil business.
>>
>>720431841
>my argument is too shit and unfounded to convince others of it's validity
>the only solution is to devolve into violence
>GOD why can't they see I'm right is my high horse blocking them?
INTELLIGENT
DISCUSSION
10/10
go back to pol
>>
If you really cared about climate change you wouldn't be using electricity to run a computer made of plastic that was built on another continent and shipped 1/2 way around the world on a diesel powered boat then delivered to your door by a diesel powered Amazon truck.
>>
>>720432065
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graviton heres your citation.
>>
>>720432250
yes, yes we are
>>
>>720432227
No I believe there are companies that are most definitely using real climate change to their advantage by making you and people like you believe it is happening faster than it is so they can profit off of it.
>>
File: 92XviAC.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
92XviAC.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>720432250
>>
>>720432415
I agree with you, man. It's the climate change denying assholes I despise.
>>
File: 20170123_124553.jpg (417KB, 1286x692px) Image search: [Google]
20170123_124553.jpg
417KB, 1286x692px
>>720430808
The arrival of the 12th Planet/Planet X, is a predictable, normal, astrophysical event in your part of the Universe.

- ZetaTalk.com
>>
>>720432392
Yes I understand the flaws in grand unified theory but that still doesn't detract from the applicability or function of gravity. The source is inconsequential to that. You can do the "first the universe was created" style of argument or actually try and use logic and rationality.
>>
>>720423054
Just like how when I go to the doctor with a gunshot wound I have to prove to the doctor that my condition actually warrants his attention.
And I have to prove to him that the blood coming out of my body is actually mine.
And I have to prove to him that getting shot isn't something that happens naturally to me
>>
>>720432227
Its so that the u.s. tech sector can have a global monopoly on green energy tech and with the paris summit being finished every country that doesnt fall in line gets hit with ecological u.n. sanctions (aka lodsamoney)
>>
>>720431436
This is all bullshit.

Take a guess at how many new boats have been launched.

Take a guess at how much NEW land was put into the ocean by small countries.

How much new ground has been made through vulcanization? How many rock slides have gone into the ocean? How much terrestrial matter has fallen into the oceans in the last 65 years? I could go on and on. Shit, Ted Kennedy's death ride had to have made some small impact of about .00000003 mm. Right?

And they say they can measure the amount down to .3mm .... bullshit.
>>
>>720432252
Because they wouldn't lie to you to make a buck. You can always trust the umbrella salesman to give you a fair price in a hurricane.
>>
>>720432030
And use the tobacco industry tactic of attempting to discrediting actual science by hiring a few shill "scientists" to say outlandish bullshit that has no basis in reality. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExxonMobil_climate_change_controversy
>>
>>720432614
Yeah you can always trust somebody whose entire job is to fuck over something. For example, the environment and people.
>>
>>720432565
Thats what we should be doing anyway. You want America to be great again. Pick a field and be a fucking leader in it. Green energy would be a good fucking start.
>>
>>720432614
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_scarcity
>>
>>720432529
Yes i understand the earth is getting warmer, but that still doesnt detract from the applicability or function of heat. The source is inconsequential to that. You can do the "man invented pollution" style argument or actually try and use logic and reason.
>>
>>720432571
Also, lets not forget the displacement of seawater by earthquakes and other geological activity.

Nobody can give a number like .3mm while keeping a straight face. All bullshit.
>>
>>720432395
Profit how? Specifics please. Is your name Greg?
>>
>>720432571
Look I'll put it in stupid people terms
When it's a comparison, that's all accounted for.
>>720432252
you're joking right?
>>
>>720433006
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_scarcity
>>
File: evidence_greenhouse.jpg (33KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
evidence_greenhouse.jpg
33KB, 500x285px
>>720432919
Well now you simply don't understand fundamental physics. The image explains the greenhouse effect, which is as well understood as gravity.
>>
>>720432571
This is just... retarded. Guess how much ice has melted? Enough to raise the sea. Its really not hard.
>>
>>720433006
Are you just going to keep going on about how I'm apparently joking or are you going to actual try to disprove what I have said?

Citation is not needed. That's basically showing you have no real concerned for the topic. You just want to argue for the sake of arguing.
>>
>>720432828
Yeah its a shame all those 3rd world countries like india cant afford green energy models, and will have to pay out the nose in sanctions and quality of life for their communities from using fossil fuel energy, OH WELL FUCK EM.
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.