[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /b/ why do republicans ACTUALLY care about abortion?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 290
Thread images: 28

File: trump.jpg (110KB, 960x677px) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
110KB, 960x677px
Alright /b/ why do republicans ACTUALLY care about abortion? I don't mean everyday redneck republicans, why do these guys at the top (who are millionaires) ACTUALLY give a shit?

I get why they want to cut taxes on the rich, I get a lot of their methodology but I just feel like that TOP republican candidates only pretend to give a shit (like the top democrats aswell.)

I feel like this is the kind of shit they would empty promise on but then not actually do because it wouldn't benefit them.
>>
File: trump-howdy.jpg (132KB, 755x423px) Image search: [Google]
trump-howdy.jpg
132KB, 755x423px
>>720315195
bump, a picture of trump being himself.
>>
Proposing legislation that would never pass muster in the Supreme Court is one way of getting headlines. Though some of them do actually care, because you can't honestly sum up a person's life with "rich asshole."
>>
Putin's character in House of Cards explains it best, I think. I don't have a quote for you, but it was when the president went to Russia to negotiate the release of a gay protestor. Putin's character explained that he thinks the anti-gay laws are bullshit, that he had gay relatives, but that the Russians were a traditional people and ruling them means appeasing them to some degree.

Republican politicians don't give a shit about abortions, they give a shit about appeasing the people that vote for them.
>>
>>720315195
I only think we need to stop abortions for white people.

Oppressed minorities should be able to get abortions because they're oppressed... So they deserve extra government help.
>>
>>720315709
Sure some of them do care, but imo you don't get to the top at their level by being honest. You get there by lying and making promises you can't keep. So I just don't get why. I feel like they have some other motive.
>>
File: 1479739202113.jpg (31KB, 598x597px) Image search: [Google]
1479739202113.jpg
31KB, 598x597px
>>720315195

are any of you really surprised by this?
>>
File: angry_jesus.png (118KB, 177x290px) Image search: [Google]
angry_jesus.png
118KB, 177x290px
like most social issues, because of this guy and His dad
>>
>>720316026
You really think Trump and his billionaire buddies actually believe in that shit?
>>
because a lot of abortions are paid for by taxpayer money...because we equally pay taxes...tax payer money should not be used in a pro-life or pro-choice situation!....
>>
>>720315195
Not against abortion, it's a necessary evil, but don't fucking ask me to pay for it and don't celebrate it like it's some amazing thing you had to kill a baby. Make better life choices odds are needing an abortion won't come up in life
>>
Watch the documentary Spin (1995).

Republicans use the Abortion to split the (usually) Catholic voting bloc, who usually voted for Democrats.
>>
>>720315870
Some, maybe most, are engaged in political theater, and proposing some legislation that won't work is one way of arguing to your constituents, "I'm tryin-a do what you want, but them other politicians get in the way," so that you look credible. The ones that do care act on it because they're in that rare situation where their interests (i.e., imposing their morals on others) dovetail with their campaign rhetoric.
>>
>>720315195

I stand with Israel
>>
>>720315195
It's simple. They're appealing to their base so they'll have support when the next voting season comes. Why do anything if it won't benefit you? It benefits them because conservative republicans will cream their pants over it and vote for them again.
>>
>>720316106
Sure, but they are not just cutting taxes from it, they are attempting to ban it. Also the amount of taxes that is used is SOOOO small it's not even worth mentioning. Why not cut military spending?
>>
>>720316026
He is his dad. remember?
>>
>>720315195
you mean, why did a republican president STOP SPENDING AMERICAN TAX ON ABORTION IN OTHER COUNTRY?

think about that for a second.
>>
>>720316236

Because the military gives us our freedom
>>
>>720316106
>>720316181
Luckily, it would be a contradiction to say public spending is "taxpayer money." The government is the source of money, so it can't also be the case that taxes are the source of money.
>>
>>720315195
D-Mac doesnt care, you think someone who made every chick take an AIDs test before he agreed to take them out to dinner uses birth control? He's probably payed for dozens of abortions. It's just one of the buzztopics that the party itself uses to distract people from the real issues, so they have to keep it in front and contraversial.
>>
>>720315195
It's a wedge issue that gets poor people to vote against their interests and vote for rich fucks who want to rape them and their country. No Republican ever cared about a kid after they were born.
>>
>>720315195
I vote Republican because the Left if bat-shit crazy. However, I like abortion, as 99% of the aborted and unloved kids would have grown into Democrats, and less Democrats means a better country.
>>
>>720315195
They "care" because they know Christians will not vote for them if they don't. Isn't it obvious dude?
>>
>>720316097
What about being wealthy automatically make you a piece of shit? If anything poor people are the scum of the earth not the people who worked hard to be successful.
>>
>>720315195
Human Capital. Because republicans are businessmen and realize businesses need people to work, and importing a bunch of illiterate immigrants isn't going to tank the planet.
>>
states rights also the life of the baby which is being murdered
>>
>>720315195

>aswell
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>720316366
>The government is the source of money,
gtfo you arent american if you believe this
pic very fucking related
>>
File: 1485397071427.png (461KB, 960x951px) Image search: [Google]
1485397071427.png
461KB, 960x951px
>>720315195
it's expensive
>>
>>720316097
I don't know about Trump, but inevitably some of them will. Ben Carson of all people was chosen as head of Housing and Urban Development, after all...
>>
>>720316410
*IS going to
>>
Because it's morally wrong and republicans are morally right.
>>
They don't care. They use abortion to trick the rubes into voting for anti-rube policies.
>>
>>720316366
Are you actually retarded? Do you not know where the government get its money from?
>>
>>720316404
All people are shit. Rich, poor, doesn't matter. Hell is other people.
>>
>>720316404
Not bashing the wealthy at all. I'm saying THEIR level. Not just wealthy, power seeking secret deal wealthy is what im talking about. I'm not even mad I just want to know why they ACTUALLY are doing something.
>>
>>720316181
>kill a baby
Abortions are usually done before its a baby... this is like saying any time you use birth control or jerk off your killing a baby. Or any time a woman menstrates, getting rid of her old eggs, is killing babies.
>>
im republican but im pro abortions.. after all most abortions are niggers
>>
>>720316583
Yes, it gets it from itself.
>>
>>720316620
>...not be legislating moral issues
>Stealing should be legal
>>
>>720316513
I don't know how anybody can believe that, he's either a troll or the dumbest motherfucker alive
>>
>>720315869
agreed
>>
>>720316657
>Yes, it gets it from itself.
keynes fag detected. the gov doesnt create anything its purpose is to protect our rights thas it
>>
>>720316657
They get money by stealing it from business owners like me.
>>
>>720315195
>Alright /b/ why do republicans ACTUALLY care about abortion? I don't mean everyday redneck republicans, why do these guys at the top (who are millionaires) ACTUALLY give a shit?

Because Republican primary voters won't elect or give money to someone who does not say they are "pro-life" / anti-abortion. It's just that simple. Want to be elected to anything bigger than city council, you have to say that you are pro-life if you are running on the Republican ticket.
>>
I do find it amusing that they think that making abortions illegal will stop them.
>>
>>720316657
If you're not trolling you should kill yourself or at the very least get yourself serialized
>>
>>720315195
>why do these guys at the top (who are millionaires) ACTUALLY give a shit?

Morals. You should get some.
>>
>>720316360
>Because the military gives us our freedom
to have abortions.
>>
>>720316413
Babies are being murdered! ?!?! Why aren't you doing anything to stop that? Are you a coward?
>>
>>720315195
Here's the real reason. He received a lot of "contributions" during the elections. He's basically paying his debts with favors. It's like the mafia
>>
>>720316106
attempting to ban it? are you fucking serious?

her reinstitute a global gag rule, basically if FOREIGN aid institutions and the like RECEIVE AMERICAN CASH, they can't talk about, nor perform abortion, OR THEY LOSE THAT CASH.

abortion is one hell of a political monster, i'm not pro choice, nro pro life, i can understand the use and appreciate abortion in specific circumstances)conceived due to rape, extreme health risks to the mother, etc etc), but the fact that most people abort children because they are "not ready for children yet" and practices no contraceptives is a line that shouldn't of been cross, i mean for fucks say if you don't wanna wear a condom, if you don't take the pill, their is still the morning after pill
>>
>>720316764
#free_inner_city_abortions
>>
>>720316360
Bullshit. The military hasn't protected us from a legitimate threat since Korea. It's basically a giant welfare scam. They get free food, water, shelter, and equipment and all they do in return is fuck up other countries so bad that we have no choice but to dump all our resources into it in hopes it will get better. Republicans should be all for cutting military spending since all they do is suck up tax dollars and have nothing to show for it.
>>
>>720316628
"Menstrates"

Learn to spell.
>>
>>720316776
Well we wouldn't have to "Steal" it if you would just let us reduce the military budget.... oh that's right, you won't.

"Muh freedoms"
>>
>>720316837
Who said they're trying to make abortion illegal?
>>
>>720315195
They don't care about it, it's all an act. It's an issue that a lot of their supporters care about. If the top Republicans ignore their supporters, then their supporters stop voting for them, and then they aren't the top Republicans anymore.
>>
>>720316849
You HONESTLY believe trump is honest at this point? kek.... you're a cuck at this point bro
>>
>>720316901
. I hope you're dumb enough to say that in from the soldier one day and he chokes you to death
>>
>>720316926
Sorry, MANstrates
>>
>>720316930
You're an idiot.

That money is stolen from business owners too. All taxes are theft.
>>
>>720316938
leftisits provda told me so!
>>
>>720316926
WOMenstrates..
>>
>>720315195
because you cant figure out how a condom works
>>
>>720316901
Mostly agree. Although the navy does keep the oil flowing. Maybe the oil companies should pay for all the protection their tankers get?
>>
>>720315195
Fuck women's rights, I care about MY rights. In the future if I get some bitch preggo, and she can't get an abortion and then for 18 years I have to pay child support, fuck that shit!
>>
>>720317036
Well it's not like he hasn't done every fucking thing he said he was going to do. I was skeptical about his election but he's doing a fucking fantastic job so far
>>
>>720316226
Why did it take so many posts for this to be said?

A politician will support anything if their base likes it. 99.9% of politicians secretly disagree on many social issues they don't give a shit about. Most Republicans believe in evolution, aren't religious, believe in abortion, and don't give a shit about the working man.

You must be new to politics. Very new. It's literally all a game to see how well you can lie. It's a disgusting industry, but sadly a needed one. It's all fucked shit. .
>>
Let's also not forget that both the Democratic and Republican parties are controlled by the establishment, and one of the reasons the Republican party makes such a big deal about abortion is because there's fewer differences between them and Democrats on economic issues than they would care to admit. The establishment lets the two parties differ substantially on social issues to create a partial illusion of choice.
>>
>>720316652
this is why they give a shit.
/thread
>>
>>720316930
welfare is "non discretionary spending" non discreitionary spending is a larger portion of our whole budget and welfar is teh biggest portion of non discretinary spending. cut welfar if you want to fix the budget
>>
>>720317069
Move to Somalia then. Idiot.
>>
>>720315195
Because the people who support them do, their base. Because these people have families, because their mother wants it. Because their sister had one. Because dude with a few million dollars and a soft spot for unborn babies and is willing to "donate" money for favors. because X amount of reasons. They don't have to please everyone, and they don't, but certain things are unforgivable to their base, family, business partners,ect. Some of them might even care themselves on some religious level.
>>
>>720317201
Check out this photo, lmao you're just as bad as the shills for Hillary, you fail to see your dear leaders flaws:
>>720315470
>>
>>720317051
Don't even get me started on how narcissistic soldiers are. They think everyone should put them on a pedestal because they weren't smart or skilled enough to get a real job. They're not heroes! What is there legacy? A Middle East that's in worse shape then ever before? Creating ISIS? Like that's something to be proud of.
>>
>>720317149
Have you ever thought about just being a better person. Seriously that was never on the table was it. It's all about you and your pathetic little wants and needs. God I hope this country sees a Resurgence of actual decent men who know what sacrifice it.
>>
>>720317277
Wrong. Omniwrong in fact.
>>
>>720317305
That's not useful. Refute my point or don't comment.
>>
>>720317069
I agree that taxes suck but to some degree they're necessary. Unless you want to drive to work on a dirt road and have to go to the river to get your water.
>>
>>720317419
Dude if you want to be a pussy be a pussy but being quiet pussy
>>
>>720315195

I care, because the unborn have rights too. Women using abortions as a form of birth control after an irresponsible one night stand is criminal.

A person punches a pregnant woman's stomach and the baby dies, the suspect gets charged with murder. Yet it's okay when a woman kills her unborn via an abortion. That's fucked.

"It's my body," the pro abortion women say. But it's not – it's the unborn.

There's only a few plausible exceptions for abortion: rape, or it puts the mother at risk of dying.

/thread
>>
Most don't. Also some of the more batshit ones(Mike Pence, Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee) actually believe the shit they're saying.

It's really just meant to rally evangelicals and distract older voters from the fact that they want to cut social security and privatize medicare.
>>
>>720317218
I agree 100% with you.
>>
>>720317542
Society costs money. Roads, bridges, infrastructure etc. The only way to pay for them is taxes.
>>
File: soc_12243093.png (345KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
soc_12243093.png
345KB, 480x480px
>>720317069
go to bed Vermin Supreme
>>
>>720317719
"i hate paying taxes it's theft but LOVE muh large ass military budget!!!!"

Republicans are just as bad as SJW Hillary Shill cucks...
>>
>>720317719
>The only way to pay for them is taxes.

Wrong. All of those things would be done better by private companies.
>>
>>720315195

Because there is no moral argument for killing a human being. It's not pretending. There are actually people, who believe it or not, think that if you can't choose to end your neighbor's life legally, maybe you also shouldn't be able to muder living children in utero.
>>
>>720317601
>A person punches a pregnant woman's stomach and the baby dies, the suspect gets charged with murder. Yet it's okay when a woman kills her unborn via an abortion. That's fucked.

Someone straps me to a chair and stabs me repeatedly with a needle, the suspect gets charged with assault and kidnapping. Yet it's okay when I get a tattoo. That's fucked.
>>
>>720317490
literally get fucked bc you have clearly never looked at the treasury's budget reports
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2014/12/federal-spending-by-the-numbers-2014
>>
>>720316901

>legitimate threat
>Korea

Hahahahahahaha. Try WWII.
>>
>>720317601
Bullshit. A parasite doesn't have rights.
>>
>>720317820
>Trust the free market, goy-I mean guys!
>>
I'm not really pro-abortion but the trend of calling places like planned parenthood "abortion clinics" is really gross.

Not only that but places like that reduce the amount of abortions because they offer education and affordable or even free birth control.

Similarly abstinence-only sex education has proven to be a failure and results in even more teen pregnancies than places who have standard sex education.

Anyone who is against abortion should be pro-sex ed and pro-funding of Planned Parenthood unless you're a fundamentalist nutjob like Pence.
>>
>>720316652
>>720317276

White people are trashy.
>>
It's probably because it's a disgusting thing to do to another person.

If it was called infanticide would you reconsider?

Millions of women are doing this, both voluntarily and compulsory (china).

And they didn't think they(women) have rights?
The right to decide who lives and dies is one of those 'perks'.
>>
>>720317601
I think that there are literally zero women who are eager to have an abortion, even if they love "irresponsible one-night stands". But I agree, in an ideal world, this is a procedure that would never take place. We may disagree about people's motivations.

In any case, would you be in favor of freely distributing birth control to any woman who wants it? If properly executed, this program could completely eliminate abortions.

Would you be in favor of such a program?

If not, then I think we are not interested in solving the same problem.
>>
>>720317881
murder is iilegal (abortion) though so is kidnapping and assault(your dumb example), you are ignoring the life of the child
>>
>>720317722
Why are left memes so lame? Do usually ultra-simple parroting points every idiot can see through. Well obviously not you idiots but we don't expect much from you guys anymore
>>
>>720317820
Oh, you're a college freshman that just discovered Ayn Rand. You'll grow up eventually.
>>
>>720317897
this is a better chart.
>>
>>720317543
sounds alot like the 3rd world to me
>>
>>720317820
Private companies main objective is to maximize profits for themselves and shareholders. That means they may cut corners to do so and if they are the only company providing that service (monopoly) then whats to stop them from using unethical means to maximize profits? I'd rather have the government provide me with clean drinking water then a private company who may use dirty water or lead pipes to lower costs.
>>
>>720317927
Are we talking about killing welfare recipients now?
>>
File: TMW2016-12-21color1.png (173KB, 915x848px) Image search: [Google]
TMW2016-12-21color1.png
173KB, 915x848px
>>720318107
sure comrade
>>
>>720318010
Everything you enjoy today you wouldn't have if it wasn't for white people
>>
>>720317897
Social security and Medicare are not welfare, moron. I pay into those systems and get a return later.
>>
>>720318166
If one company does something bad then just quit buying their products.
>>
>>720318093
Do you feel the same way about plants? They're also alive by definition, but can't feel pain and have no consciousness.
>>
>>720318224
Got any more great examples to prove my point?
>>
>>720318008
its 90% of their profits base that comes from abortion.
PP fought ultra sound being using is states that wanted to use them bc mothers were more likely to refuse abortin after the saw the babies face and heard heart beat
PP isnt legally allowed to do mammograms and its top resources other then abortion is for gays and fag propganda

planned parenthood is an abortion clinic
>>
>>720318060

You fucking idiot, it's up to the individual woman to be responsible with birth control, not me. If you can't afford condoms, the pill, an IUD, etc, then don't fucking have sex.

And if you still do, resulting in pregnancy, boo fucking hoo. If you take a coat hanger to your fetus, well, you'll get the same sentence as a murderer. I bet that will send a message to the next coat hanger happy pregnant slut.

It's called personal fucking responsibility. Stop replying on government handouts to prevent pregnancy, you sexually irresponsible faggot.
>>
>>720317835
In the early months it's just a collection of non-sentient cells, not a child, not a baby, not even a fetus yet. Whats the big deal with ending a life before it even begins? It's essentially comparing jacking off to genocide.
>>
File: thumbsup.gif (834KB, 408x230px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.gif
834KB, 408x230px
>>720317601
/thread

muh nigga
>>
>>720318201

Don't feed the underage troll m8.
>>
>>720318060
>In any case, would you be in favor of freely distributing birth control to any woman who wants it? If properly executed, this program could completely eliminate abortions.
no bc its not my fuckng problem, we arent animals why cant either the man or women involved buy a 40 cent condom??
>>
>>720318415
>PP fought ultra sound being using is states that wanted to use them bc mothers were more likely to refuse abortin after the saw the babies face and heard heart beat

and they still reduced the amount of abortions? wow they must be amazing
>>
File: Trump_head-sm.gif (609KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
Trump_head-sm.gif
609KB, 533x800px
>>720318383
>>
>>720318474
>then don't fucking have sex.
That's never going to happen and you know it. It's much better to deal with things how they are.
>>
>>720318093
It's not a child, you people even use the word "unborn" completely unironicly.
>>
>>720318348
Whenever I hear people say retarded shit like this I wonder if they actually believe it . It's just such a painfully dumb point to make so either you have like an 80 IQ or you've been completely indoctrinated into not using your brain at all
>>
>>720318415
You've obviously never had a girlfriend. Literally my whole high school and university got their birth control pills from planned parenthood.
>>
>>720316106
Are they though? Last I heard abortions aren't funded through federal funding.
>>
>>720317900
Korea came after WWII dumb dumb.
Imagine how much worse the world would be if Kim Jong Un controlled South Korea as well.
>>
>>720318553
>we arent animals
>>
File: bawahaha.gif (2MB, 400x234px) Image search: [Google]
bawahaha.gif
2MB, 400x234px
>>720318495
>Whats the big deal with ending a life before it even begins?

The insanity. The stupidity. Life begins in the man's ball sack, i.e, sperm. It's living; therefore, it's life.

Nice logic. Faggot.
>>
>>720318023
>infanticide
This is fucking stupid. Abortion is NOT killing an infant. It's removing an embryo/fetus that would be unable to survive on its own outside of the womb. That's a huge difference.
>>
>>720318474
>I'm only interested in legislating my morality on the population.
>>
>>720315195

I used to give a fuck.

Then i found out planed parenthood was founded with the idea of killing black babies so its all good now.

Sure some libtard drunk sluts kill their children now and then. but that just means less fucked up A moral libtards in the world because thats how the dumbfuck parents would raise them.
>>
>>720318542 good point man I'm going to bed
>>
>>720318615

Stop being a pussy. It's called law, and when a female breaks the law, arrest her ass. Pussy.
>>
>>720318258

I'm white.

White people always point to what their ancestors did but they can't do anything themselves. Sad. White countries are the only places that value homosexuality.
>>
>>720318153
so what if we spend more money then anyone else on military? we spend 18% on ALL DEFENSE and 49% welfare
you are a little bitch that got btfo. go read the treasury reports for the federal budgets.
>>
>>720318474

Ok, so no, you are not willing to take this relatively simple step to prevent abortions. Instead, you are in favor of using the power of the state to prohibit legal abortions, so that only illegal abortions will take place.

It sounds like you want people to not have sex. That's nice. I would like gold coins to appear if I say "LA LA LA".
>>
>>720318707
>I'm only interested in using abortions as birth control because I'm an irresponsible whore

I can do that too.
>>
>>720318164
Which is why we need taxes. I don't want to live in Zimbabwe for a reason.
>>
>>720318166
thats a false equalince bc no shit we wont let companies get away with anything if they start fucking things ups then they get thrown in jail/fined
>>
File: alt-facts.webm (1MB, 863x576px) Image search: [Google]
alt-facts.webm
1MB, 863x576px
>>720318383
>>720318383
>>
>>720316270

muh triniteez
>>
>>720318695
By your logic we should ban spermicide because because it kills life.
>>
>>720318695
BWAH HAWHAHWHAWHAW
>>
>>720318261
>Social security and Medicare are not welfare, moron. I pay into those systems and get a return later.
that is exactly welfare, which is not the governments job, why dont we just say fuck that and you can keep you money upfront and then invest it into a better type of investment on your own
>>
>>720318630
Most people believe in different states of being alive. Would you consider someone suffering brain death but whose heart is still beating thanks to equipment the same type of "alive" as you are now? What if they're involuntarily spasmming? Is that not a sign of life?
>>
>>720318759
yar, what's with these FEMALES always breakin' the law!?!?! you are a riot
>>
>>720318851
>Ok, so no, you are not willing to take this relatively simple step to prevent abortions.

It's the woman's responsibility, not mine.

#REKT

>Instead, you are in favor of using the power of the state to prohibit legal abortions, so that only illegal abortions will take place.

DING, DING, DING, DING. You got it, wise guy. And when the illegal abortions take place, lock their asses up and charge them with murder.

>It sounds like you want people to not have sex.

It's called responsible sex, dumb ass. I'm in my late-20s. Fucked tons of women. Because I'm responsible, I don't have kids.
>>
>>720318348
plants/=/highest level of life(humans)

are you mentally ill?
>>
>>720318340
Do you not know what a monopoly is? If a private company provides you with a necessary service, one that the government would normally provide, and you have no other options you're fucked. Enjoy poisoned water.
>>
>>720318857
The difference between the two states is the other guy is correct in that you are trying to legislate your own sense of right and wrong on everyone else. If you don't approve of abortion then don't get one and fuck off.
>>
>>720318348
I eat plants
>>
>>720318653
>You've obviously never had a girlfriend. Literally my whole high school and university got their birth control pills from planned parenthood.
so that makes it okay to kill babies?
are you saying you couldnt afford 40 cent condoms between the both of you?
>>
>>720315195
>Wants to talk to successful millionaires
>Posting on 4chan

Pick one
>>
>>720318759
Abortion is not illegal in the US. You should be getting to bed, kiddo.

>>720318990
Because you would be throwing seniors to investment sharks.

>>720319099
Fetuses aren't any more sentient than plants.
>>
File: tard.jpg (106KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
tard.jpg
106KB, 612x612px
>>720319183
>The difference between the two states is the other guy is correct in that you are trying to legislate your own sense of right and wrong on everyone else.

That's how all laws come into existence, moron. Human morale dictates laws. Mr. Obvious much?
>>
>>720318495

That's where the true debate begins my friend. What constitutes life? Where does it begin? When the egg is fertilized? When the heart begins to beat? When the central nervous system begins to function? When the child can respond to external stimuli? When regular brainwave patterns become readable on EEG? When the first breath is taken? When the child becomes self-aware sometime around the age of three years? When does it become a unique human being?

I tend to believe the beginning of life is the fertilization of the egg and the beginning of sentience is the "quickening", but this obviously tough stuff to come to an agreement on.
>>
>>720319246
birth control isn't abortion you fucking virgin
>>
>>720319161
The government is supposed to break up monopolies. They haven't exactly done a great job doing that.

People must not allow it. Don't only shop at the same companies and make sure your friends don't shop at the same places.
>>
>>720318695
Okay. Then enjoy never jacking off again. And while we're at it lets also ban eating meat because it's life, plants because life and lets also ban soap because microbes are life too.
>>
>>720318564
>you mean the charities that fought to provide free ultrasounds before the abortion took place convinced the mothers that killing the baby for convenience was a bad idea?

yes thats what i mean PP is the ITT tech of healthcare
>>
>>720319082
>DING, DING, DING, DING. You got it, wise guy. And when the illegal abortions take place, lock their asses up and charge them with murder.
And this is the part where you show yourself as a horrible person. You want to create a class of criminals for the sole purpose of locking them up for no other reason than they expressed a choice over their reproductive rights.
>>
>>720319289
>Abortion is not illegal in the US.

Did I say it was? No. I'm saying it should be. There's exceptions.

Consult your nearest community college and up that reading comp, because you obviously have poor comprehension.
>>
>>720319471
>It's called law, and when a female breaks the law, arrest her ass.
Getting an abortion isn't against the law
>>
>>720318621
>It's not a child
involuntary manslaughter, double homicide, etc laws all say differently, when a mother to be is harmed/killed also scientific evidence shows that yes the child is living inside of the mother.
>>
>>720319471
>Consult your nearest community college and up that reading comp, because you obviously have poor comprehension.

sick burn

and by sick burn I mean holy shit what a tryhard
>>
>>720319422
>never jacking off again
>killing sperm
"it's my body, I'll do what I want"
>>
>>720318893
Whose gonna throw them in jail? No taxes means no law. Not to mention if you throw them in jail then no one provides water and we're all fucked.
>>
>>720319359
Laws generally are meant for the greater good. Laws aren't meant for narcissists like you to force others to conform to your backward way of thinking. People have rights, a collection of cells do not.
>>
>>720319082

Congratulations on having so much sex. It is a very delightful pastime, I am sure we would agree on this.

However, I do feel like we disagree about which aspects of the world are within our powers to change. I do not think it is realistic to expect people of all educational backgrounds to have responsible sex. Similarly, I do not think it is realistic to prohibit the consumption of alcohol or amusing drugs. In America, where have some remaining rights to privacy and freedom from search, it is not possible to enforce these desires upon the population.

But, perhaps in some future world, you will be able to monitor the behavior of the citizenry constantly and prevent them from engaging in activities which you do not approve of. I wish you the best of luck in this endeavour.
>>
>>720318675
as is if you want to fuck you can wait 30 minutes to go buy some condoms or something
>>
>>720319422
>Any life = human life

O.K Kid
>>
File: lol.gif (992KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
992KB, 389x259px
>>720319424
>And this is the part where you show yourself as a horrible person.

I'm a horrible person for wanting to lock up women committing murder via at-home-abortions?

KEK

>You want to create a class of criminals

They're already criminal. It's their decision, not mine.

>for no other reason

Locking a woman up for killing her unborn is for no reason?

Lol... boy, you're fucking stupid.

You're a cuck. Probably a male a feminist.
>>
>>720318704
infants cant survive on their own so you can kill them too and its okay?
>>
>>720318851
its a states rights issue if you want to do that thing then vote for it or move to a place that wants it
>>
>>720318415
>PP fought ultra sound being using is states that wanted to use them bc mothers were more likely to refuse abortin after the saw the babies face and heard heart beat
Appeals to emotion are attempts to manipulate people.
>>
>>720319560

My statement was implying it should be. Again, consult your nearest community college and up that reading comp, because you obviously have poor comprehension.

>>720319592
>tryhard

Original. 2/10.
>>
>>720315195
Restricting abortion harms primarily poor minority communities with high birth rates (i.e., blacks and latinos) and further serves to decimate these communities by filling them with unwanted children. Blacks and Latinos vote Democrat largely, and you're much less inclined to vote if you've got fifty kids and no time to learn about civics or get to the polls.
>>
>>720318415
Where are you getting these laws and statistics from?
>>
>>720319289
>Because you would be throwing seniors to investment sharks.
realistically how can seniors retirements plans have anything to do with the federal governmetn?? thats their own responsibility, and that still exists since there are companies predicated on "401K acceptable accounts"
also living on ss is a shit way of life and is not a legit investment it was a nice sounding idea that is bankrupting us and leaving elderly people fucked bc they thought it was dependable
>>
>>720319689
Yea you are absolutely a terrible person and I think you know it deep down and you compensate for your low self worth by attempting to exert control over the lives of people who you don't know.
>>
>>720319643
>People have rights, a collection of cells do not.

People with high IQs and a good sense of morale have rights. Therefore kill yourself, because you don't have any.

>>720319660
>Congratulations on having so much sex.

Stopped reading right there. Falsely assume more.
>>
>>720319396
I don't think you understand the point i was trying to make. I was saying we need some taxes so the government can provide us with essentials like water and infrastructure. If a private company is providing either of those things they're not likely to have any competition from other companies which will allow them to cut corners which may make everyone worse off because their are no other options. You can't just boycott water, therefore you can't boycott the company.
>>
>>720319183
so then it IS a states rights issue, case closed. now move to somewhere else or fuck off
>>
File: dying for air laugh.jpg (21KB, 559x556px) Image search: [Google]
dying for air laugh.jpg
21KB, 559x556px
>>720319996

Can't have a society without a law and order, you male anarchist feminist cuck.

Did you attend the women's march against Trump?
>>
>>720319665
You obviously missed the point cuck.
>>
>>720319777
Maybe you should work on your argument skills. You forget your previous statements when they're documented in the thread.

>>720319992
>also living on ss is a shit way of life and is not a legit investment
I agree. But there needs to be a better alternative than telling Grandma to buy stock in Apple.
>>
>>720319643
>Laws generally are meant for the greater good
like protecting the life of an innocent child
>>
my sister in law is a pro-life conservative christian. She has 4 kids with another on the way. Her oldest (11ish) is deeply troubled because his parents keep having kids, yet live off welfare, can't afford food and housing, never have time to raise their existing kids because they're at shitty jobs, preferring to drop them off with their grandparents for the weekend, who already have their hands full with their own kids.

im not saying hey, these kids should all have been aborted, but hey MAYBE BIRTH CONTROL IS A SOLID IDEA.
>>
File: Icannotwaittokill copy.jpg (330KB, 1000x560px) Image search: [Google]
Icannotwaittokill copy.jpg
330KB, 1000x560px
Your country is now a fascist country. Move to Europe and enroll in the Army
>>
>>720319773
>seeing the literal face of the growing child inside of you is "manipulation"
when did you lose your soul?
>>
>>720320000
>Fucked tons of women.

>Congratulations on having so much sex.

>" Falsely assume more."

Um, you said you fucked tons of women, dude.

It's not even an assumption. It's a statement, of yours, to which I ascribed meaning.
>>
>>720320206
You proved you're an utter dumb ass, or a troll. Probably the former.

Regardless, I win.

Me: 100

You all: -3

I win; you lose.

I'm out.

/thread

sage
>>
>>720320109
>strawman
>>
>>720317572
I have the balls to speak the truth. You don't even have that.
>>
>>720320308
Yeah. Birth control is good stuff.
>>
>>720320365
How about you suck my dick?
>>
>>720320450
HEAR HEAR
>>
>>720319395

It's also a luxury that the fed doesn' t need to be spending our tax dollars on. BC is already extremely affordable.
>>
>>720320450
their argument is "but the taxpayers!"

the alternative is taxpayers paying a shitload more for taking care of the end-result because you wanted to pay less for some pills.

but republicans were never known for thinking more than 20 seconds into the future anyway
>>
Because tax payers don't want to pay for abortions and birth control.
Because tax payers have freedom of religion.
Let me force democrats to pay for my gun license, etc. with their tax dollars (even though they don't pay taxes anyways lmao)
>>
>>720320681
okay, don't pay for birth control pills.

pay for kids on welfare instead

I hear kids are less expensive than pills
>>
>>720320804
INDEED
>>
Republicans prefer to watch people suffer before they die
>>
>>720319989
http://thefederalist.com/2015/10/27/planned-parenthoods-big-bad-business-model/
Many donations come with strings attached, and cannot be counted on year-to-year. That reduces a donation’s impact on a clinic’s day-to-day operational incentives. Cut out “Private Contributions,” and revenue from abortion rises to around 20 percent of Planned Parenthood’s income.
Abortion services are most comparable to the services of ambulatory (outpatient) surgery centers. The margins available to these centers in a competitive environment run anywhere from 25 to 35 percent. Because patients are discharged quickly, any outpatient procedure or surgery performed is “incredibly profitable.” Further, surgical procedure margins are usually the greatest indicator of overall margins for a healthcare organization.
...because Planned Parenthood has so many low-margin services funded by government, which helps eat up overhead and operational costs.
, abortion contributes to 72 percent, or $66 million, of affiliates’ $91 million in profit.
Between $33 million and $66 million of Planned Parenthood affiliates’ $164 million in abortion sales directly contributes to affiliates’ $91 million in profit.

>Given the capacity of Planned Parenthood’s non-abortion low margin, high volume services to eat up much of the costs associated with clinic overhead, the barriers to entry in the abortion industry, profit margins for outpatient procedures, and Planned Parenthood’s use of economies of scale when providing abortions, I estimate affiliates’ abortion margin (including indirect costs of overhead and operating expenses) to be between 20 and 40 percent. (The exact margin will of course vary from affiliate to affiliate.)

>This means that between $33 million and $66 million of Planned Parenthood affiliates’ $164 million in abortion sales directly contributes to affiliates’ $91 million in profit.
>>
>>720320804
Planned parenthood only recieves 50% of their funding from the government.

If everyone who cares about it donated to the cause, there would be no issue.
>>
>>720320643

Nonsense, we need comprehensive entitlement reform and you know it. Perhaps if we didn't pay for that "end result" people would have more incentive to breed within their means. Your proposal treats a symptom of the real problem which is, of course, entitlement culture.
>>
>>720320856
why would a man pay for a womens birth control.
you want to pay for my condoms?
>>
>>720321115
im not even talking about PP here, forget they exist for a second

part of the ACA mandates that insurance must cover BC

that would be employer-provided insurance plans, not taxpayer funded anything

but the ACA will get repealed, so oh well, I guess welfare will pick up the slack
>>
>>720320206
>I agree. But there needs to be a better alternative than telling Grandma to buy stock in Apple.
but that is our own job, if there are predatory shit going on then the gov will go after those companies but , as shown by SS accounts, there is all kinds of issues going on and it is literally approaching a quarter of our total budget.

i think tax incentives would be best. "if you invest upto this _ amount of money you can be pay defered tax or no tax on that amount of money alone for x amount of time"
and then that could be used in all kinds of ways and people would be able to woek with their money upfront and over the years make it work for them rather then some crummy 401k that never increases rates and can be stolen by gov/ceo's making bad deals with a firm
>>
>>720321165
The "problem" is people want to have sex, which you aren't solving anytime soon, kiddo.
>>
>>720321397
no the problem is people wanting a daddy government to save them from their mistakes.
>>720321165
>Nonsense, we need comprehensive entitlement reform and you know it. Perhaps if we didn't pay for that "end result" people would have more incentive to breed within their means. Your proposal treats a symptom of the real problem which is, of course, entitlement culture.
this is what needs to be done
>>
>>720321280
Private insurances will. You're forgetting that the insurance industry is going to change.
>>
>>720321306
Ah, cool idea, bro.

What about all the people who are just making enough to pay rent? Savings rate is likely to be zero for a large part of the population. [Sure, you can say STUDY HARDER or whatever, but let's just agree that in the current political climate, there are going to be a lot of people working full time and also on food stamps. This is a bit of corporate welfare for wal-mart...however, I digress]

So anyway, lots of people arrive at retirement with zero savings.

Who pays for them to eat? Because generally we don't just turn the elderly out into the street in this country.

That's the idea behind social security, you see, is to keep grandma from eating dog food. I'd like to hear your ideas on this subject.
>>
>>720321397

And they should do what they want. That isn't a problem on its own. The problem is the expectation they will be given free birth control or paid for their irresponsible decision not to use it. Welfare enables irresponsibility.
>>
>>720321526
>no the problem is people wanting a daddy government to save them from their mistakes.

not taking birth control IS THE MISTAKE

people who can take a pill, every day, at the same time, on a regular basis, are not part of the problem. They are the solution!

Lets encourage responsible behavior such as this instead of going all bible-crazy on them for no fucking reason
>>
>>720316387
sorry to break your bubble but its exactly the opposite those baby grow poor and uneducated and become votes for republicans , its a win , win situation the way i see it republicans are really smart banning abortion.
>>
>>720321844
I see what you mean, here. But I think what you might be missing is that WE ALL PAY when someone has a kid they can't raise. We pay a lot. We pay in higher crime, higher welfare costs, and just a general "shittiness" that comes from knowing that some broke-ass motherfucker who can barely afford cheetos is now responsible for raising a kid. Allowing that to occur is needlessly introducing suffering into the world *which we all inhabit*. It's not just a problem for these "irresponsible" people. It's a problem for all of us.
>>
>>720320985
Where did you get the info about "most abortions are because the woman wasn't ready"?
>>
>>720322057

RIGHT! You're right about all of that. So I've gotta ask... Can we not have our cake and eat it too? It's time we made comprehensive reforms to all entitlement programs and demanded the fed to spend all that hard earned tax payer money on something worthwhile. Treat the root of the problem. Not the symptom.
>>
>>720322525
Hmmm, so you want to shut down social security and spend it on birth control pills? That is not where I thought this was going.
>>
>>720321843
i agree and you make a good point that yes situations like end of like care for US citizens if a real concern for those who cant or for whatever reason at that point can no longer take care of themselves and have no one else to look after them, and i would agree for those people in that situation something should be done to help them, but i think "preventive" actions would be much more efficient.

i understand that what i proposed would be vulnerable to many of the same issues that the current way does, but i think it has more positives in the hands of the people then in the hands of the gov. bc, in my suggestion we are encouraged to invest in our own lives(or our loved ones) with the promise of a tax deferment but in the current way it is automagically taken from our paychecks(the majority of people) and they never really "realize" how much money they are actually making. but if they got paid then had to pay tax separately, then saw an option to "interested in a nominal tax deferment on a portion of your yearly earnings? why dont you sign up for *insert name* program through the free market and send proof of purchase with your taxes and completed the proper forms to begin tax deferment program"

that way grandma can invest in her home, or gold bullion, or stuff for the grandkinds bc these programs would be very much less restricted in terms of what qualifies while at the same time removing the ability for the governent to dip into the cookie jar of "free money"
>>
>>720321856
>Lets encourage responsible behavior such as this instead of going all bible-crazy on them for no fucking reason
i agree and we dont need the goverment to force us to do this. however states that vote to do that kind of thing is totally okay. but the issue for me is i do not want to pay for that shit with my taxes. i would rather help out the people i know and our the organizations i trust rather then it being redistributed to the company that plays buddy buddy with a federeal administration
>>
>>720322218
idk, the article said it was based on the pp owner lady testimoney and federal tax and reimbursement numbers
>>
>>720322764

Not at all, I want to shut off fed subsidies for birth control and massively reduce welfare and other entitlement programs which, in turn, would incentivise responsible sexual behavior.
>>
>>720322525
well the root of the problem is human behavior, the government cant fix that but maybe things like alimoney laws and food stamps laws need to be changed to allow the father to be around(current laws dont give benefits to a family if the father is living in the home- which i think incentivices split families who then go through the issues we discussed)

these root causes you are getting at are human nature and cannot be fixed by government. im not saying everyone die, but we should start looking at how to actually help people not cut them a meager check when they fuck up their lives continually in order to keep getting the check
>>
>>720322776
Hmm, it still sounds like you think a lot of these people have money. But the figures on this are quite surprising, aren't they? Like, even people who are making average money (say, $60K?) don't seem to save very much of it. And as shocking as it might sound, many people make less than $60K. And they have to live on it. They have to pay rent and eat food, and repair their car...damn! They are not going to be saving a dime just because it is tax advantaged.

But ok, you've provided a strong incentive and let's say this encourages people who are affluent enough to have surplus income to save even more than they currently do, and now they have no need for government welfare after retirement. This is a very easy proposition to accept, affluent people love to save money esp if tax advantaged.

Sure, this is fine for affluent people. But what I'm missing in your description is what happens to the tens of millions of people who don't have shit. Like, that whole kooky 1% thing, where quite a few Americans are not making much money at all...there are a lot of these people.

And in 1961 there were way fewer of them! And you could say "wtf go work at GM, lazy ass" if someone didn't have a boat and a second house --- but this isn't the case today. Today you have pretty severe income disparity and the bottom 50% are simply not going to be socking away enough to pay for retirement. This is not end-of-life care. This is, do these people need full-time employment to pay their rent and board when they are 82 years old? You keep alluding to family and friends helping out, but really, this is a recipe for a destitute elderly population.
>>
>>720315195
Being Republican, I don't really know. Ino not religious so the pushes me a bit more to the center.

But yeah. Why is it such a big issue. Even talking morally it should be the "parents" moral decision. As fucked up as it sounds, they're forcing morality onto the masses
>>
>>720323300
Ok, that makes more sense. Yes, I don't think we're going to agree on this one. I do not believe it is realistic to prevent people from having irresponsible sex. In defense of this position, may I present: all of human history.
>>
>>720323511
A well worded response that is a more accurate representation of reality in the United States than any Republican/Conservative would care to realize.

Somehow "God" will save all these unfortunate souls. And all the suffering "small business owners" with millions in income are so sorely being downtrodden on.
>>
>>720323621

Agree to disagree then. I just think if we let people sink themselves, others might learn from their example. The same goes for big banks and the auto industry. The bailouts were an enormous waste of our money in much the same way. Too big to fail is fundamentally Un-American.
>>
>>720324183
Right on. And, I totally agree that we should have let more banks fail. Those guys got away with millions, and even if it didn't mean anything, people would feel better if they knew that Those Guys Paid For It. At this point, we're still pretty resentful. Maybe some of this resentment turned into pro-Trump nihilism? Who can say.

And fuck American automakers, those guys have been coasting since the 1970's. [I exaggerate for comedic effect. I acknowledge some improvements in their product lines in the last 40 years.]
>>
>>720315195
The recent executive order passed really has nothing to do with abortions in the United States.
>>
Conservatives have always supported government intrusions into private business
>>
>>720323511
okay so lets then focus on the below average earners so <42K per year and lets for the discussion say they are currently maxed out of overhead so cant save anything,ever.
these people already dont pay taxes dont they?
the bottom earners pay no tax at all.
i would argue that they should pay "some" tax which would give them "skin in the game" and lets remove the "infermed" from this equation bc obviously ya we are going to take care of those people but healthy people who are just broke? well shit ya know they have to get gud in many ways, bc again thats not our governments job, BUT i would gladly work with a charity to help those people get trained/better work etc.
any solution is starting to get huge, so i think it would be best to handle each issue separately- and can, and if so how, how could lowering non discretionary spending budget be reduced while "not letting elders die in the street?"

separate compartments to handle:
tax rate
tax incentives/deferments but NOT subsidy
types of subsidy(welfare) and qualifications for receiving it

I would , ideally like to see a flat tax rate and i do mean everyone would pay( except qualified individuals)
this would reduce overhead federal bureaucrat work costs as well as making it easy for people to participate in the system.

then i would imagine a tidy/complete and short list of things that would make people qualify and disqualify for subsidies(welfare) for those who really need it (aka making harder/ it only accessible to the extremely downtrodden or harsh circumstances)

these subsidies would be somewhat minimal and just like the "put item in cart to see final sale price of item" type incentives we run into when shopping there would be further "micro" incentives that are only offered to encourage people that complete certain actions with proof that is helping them get out of that situation which would allow them to defer there taxes. or pay no tax for a short amount of time

this would
>>
>>720315195
>Alright /b/ why do republicans ACTUALLY care about abortion?
Because we, unlike you liberal faggots, don't want Blacks and the White underclass extermianted.

We actually enjoy watching(and helping) Blacks ruin your uppity neighborhoods. Its funny when you high-and-mighty assholes are petrified with fear.

too late for your bitchery, abortion is gonna be banned soon(or at least heavily restricted)
>>
>>720323511
>>720325331
this would be able to be used to keep everything much more easy for people to participate in.

Now and then with a much more simplified tax code that would cause more people to participate in it we could then look at all subsidies and see what is and what is not legit, and what is a better or worse qualifier.

now that we are trying to aim for specifics i gotta say im not qualified to get into what or what is an okay qualifier for personal subsidy, but i stand firm that it must be less then what it is right now, and further more the incentives must be put in place to make people use it less and less not "if you improve a little bit then we take it all away". also I want oversight on this kind of thing, so that abuse of the system is minimized and therefor less money is wasted and more of it is reached to the people who need it

aka no i dont want that lonely grandma to die in the street, but promising to her that "we got you covered no matter what so give us your money right now every pay check" is not working and that not taking her money away automatically from her everymonth will allow her to use that money as best as she sees fit would be a better net positive for that person to remain out of the group of 'infermed" that would have to be taken care of
>>
>>720325923
>too late for your bitchery, abortion is gonna be banned soon(or at least heavily restricted)
literally no its not. it will be held to medicallu invasive procedure standards like everything else is and will be a states rights issue as it should be
>>
>>720325331
Yes, I am pretty skeptical about getting everyone to be solvent enough to retire. You seem less so, and also more willing to say: "tough luck dude, you are too stupid, you are now a destitute person, you are permitted to die in the street".

I think we can do better than that. There is a sub-population which is not productive and will never be productive. They are sociopaths or idiots or perhaps even merely handicapped. And these people are going to need permanent support, or they can live in the street and make our lives miserable (been to SFO lately?).
To a specific point, I *do* believe it is the government's job to support this population. Because the alternative, which we can already witness, is distasteful. So, I would not like to make our policies even more brutal than they already are -- particularly when it comes to the elderly. Truly, starving elderly people dying in the streets is why we have a modern welfare system. We expanded it to (white) widows and orphans, and then later to a more general population. In general the system has been racist and not especially luxurious.

Anyway, yes, there are a variety of fiscal mechanisms that you can put into place, bla bla. I dispute your fundamental assumption, which is that this sort of human behavior can be manipulated with financial incentives. We are not talking about a population that is evaluating their options in such a sophisticated way.

Which is to say, I am not worried about people who are able to work, but prefer not to. I just do not think there is a large population of able-bodied intelligent people who could have successful careers, but decide they would rather just sit on the couch and eat government cheese. I believe that is a myth.

And the flat tax seems obviously mistaken. It is as though the proponents of the flat tax have never heard of the decreasing marginal utility of wealth.
>>
>>720326307
>You seem less so, and also more willing to say: "tough luck dude, you are too stupid, you are now a destitute person, you are permitted to die in the street".
but realistically what can the gov do that wont lead to our current financial problems? or the problems that brasil, columbia, france, norway, all experience bc of their liberal welfare distribution?

i am saying in order to garauntee the "infermed" be helped we need to tell the not so great position people to man up bc really thats the only option, also there are charities and again its not the governments job for you to be comfortable. if you are poor in the usa you are middle class in portugal and more living space then some euro countries rich who have fancy lofts.

>They are sociopaths or idiots or perhaps even merely handicapped. And these people are going to need permanent support, or they can live in the street and make our lives miserable (been to SFO lately?).
To a specific point, I *do* believe it is the government's job to support this population.
okay
>I dispute your fundamental assumption, which is that this sort of human behavior can be manipulated with financial incentives. We are not talking about a population that is evaluating their options in such a sophisticated way.
okay, but that specific part WAS about the non first group of people you mentioned. i already said "yea some people have to be taken care of no matter what"
speaking to your third point about the myth of those who take advantage of the subsidy but dont deserve it/need it, then what about the millions of people on food stamps? not all of them are drug dealing liers but i bet many of them spend money on an iphone, going to clubs,etc rather then saving. so how do we delineate what is and what is not "qualifying" to receive the support?

i am already assuming these people are fucked up bc otherwise they wouldnt be stuck in that position bc realistically the vast majority of americans improve there economics in life
>>
>>720326307
I think many of the points I was trying to make failed to come together. It's late. I'm tired. Let me try to compare our points of view in a different way.

But at the core, I think you can solve this problem two ways.

You can decide to spend the money on a peacekeeping force, to quash rebellion and force the destitute into camps. Your public spaces will smell like piss and there will be homeless camps in the parks. There are many neighborhoods where it isn't safe to walk, because law enforcement is a limited resource. People are left to survive as well as they can, and if they violate the laws while doing so, they can go live in jail. This is the stick. You've spent your money on jails and police, as well as the intangible cost of the loss of community and public spaces.

Or, you can decide to spend the money on keeping this destitute population healthy and happy. House them. Feed them. Attempt to alleviate their suffering. Your public spaces are substantially more pleasant. It is possible for you to have nice things, because thousands of vagrants aren't taking shits on everything. You're spending your money helping "lazy" people stay alive and on the couch eating government cheese. But this is better than having them on the streets, with knives, waiting to kill you.
>>
>>720315195
Why would liberals care about killing infants?
To many republicans, it's the same thing as killing a child.
>>
Why do liberals care about killing infants?
To many republicans, they are the same.

No matter your opinion, the people shouldn't be forced to pay for someone else's lack of preparation or self-control
>>
File: 1483718270765.jpg (96KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1483718270765.jpg
96KB, 633x758px
>>720326307
>And the flat tax seems obviously mistaken. It is as though the proponents of the flat tax have never heard of the decreasing marginal utility of wealth.

ill look this up but can you be specific in your stance against it? many people already dont pay taxes below a certain point of earning so it would be different for them but the main positive is that everyone above that point pays equally the same amount. there is no reason for people to pay more money just bc they have more money then someone else, it is no one elses business to say that an air freshener is 1 dollar for the guy who drives a toyota and a is 5 dollars for the guy in the mercedes
>>720326692
>You can decide to spend the money on a peacekeeping force, to quash rebellion and force the destitute into camps. Your public spaces will smell like piss and there will be homeless camps in the parks. There are many neighborhoods where it isn't safe to walk, because law enforcement is a limited resource. People are left to survive as well as they can, and if they violate the laws while doing so, they can go live in jail. This is the stick. You've spent your money on jails and police, as well as the intangible cost of the loss of community and public spaces.
>Or, you can decide to spend the money on keeping this destitute population healthy and happy. House them. Feed them. Attempt to alleviate their suffering. Your public spaces are substantially more pleasant. It is possible for you to have nice things, because thousands of vagrants aren't taking shits on everything. You're spending your money helping "lazy" people stay alive and on the couch eating government cheese. But this is better than having them on the streets, with knives, waiting to kill you.

okay that sounds good to me, but now i would want to know how to keep that population from growing, and to the degree to which that is put in place i think could be valued differently in terms of what is "enough" but i get what your saying
>>
>>720315195
Because they want more poor, uneducated children.

That's their voterbase. Dumb people who will vote against their own interests just because they got swayed by some feel-good rhetoric.

There is no actual argument against abortion if you stop looking at it from an outdated religious viewpoint.
>>
>>720326879

The majority of abortions are from "progressive", left-leaning women (including African Americans), you dumb fuck.
>>
Quit being a slut.
>>
File: 1483233145905.jpg (83KB, 898x603px) Image search: [Google]
1483233145905.jpg
83KB, 898x603px
>>720326747
Birth control and planned parent hood should be a social program so people can prepare. Abortions should cost the person money.

I pay more taxes than most my right wing friends.. Then again I get laid more than them too... Hmmm..
>>
>>720327007
You should try getting your dick wet, it's pretty fun bro. I don't mean using lube with your MLP plushes either faggot.
>>
>>720317897
Heritage.org is a conservative think tank. They are purposefully minimizing the role national security plays by putting Income security and a vague bag of "other benefits". Other graphs from different sources contradict this.

>>720318153
That's a better chart, but it still plays to human psychology because the area of a circle grows non-linearly. The US circle is bigger than it looks compared to the others.
>>
>>720315195
Because their dying 2000 year outdated religion tells them it's bad.
>>
>>720327191
>You should try getting your dick wet, it's pretty fun bro. I don't mean using lube with your MLP plushes either faggot.
More children than you. That is all that matters.
>>
>>720327290
>More children than you. That is all that matters.

I haven't fucked any children lol.

I have 200k invested into a gene therapy startup, I think that will help me more. 4% equity son.
>>
>>720327218
its directly from the whitehouse site figures for 2014-2015 though.

regardless of their opinions of benefits of spending in certain areas, which was not why i posted the chart/link, the figures on the federal budget are directly from the federal data
>>
>>720327290
Not when your wife is a whale and you've gone bald.
>>
Because they want votes obviously. Their demographic are against abortion so they are too. Simples.
>>
I'm willing to bet most anti choice fuckers posting here don't pay taxes. You're probably all still adolescents. Also, your arguments against abortion are so outdated.

Abortions aren't funded by taxpayer dollars, however, reproductive healthcare services are.
>>
>>720327406
You can present the same data in multiple ways and introduce a bias to it. Putting discretionary and nondiscretionary budgets together is one, creating a coalition of another category so that Defense is no longer the biggest is another.
>>
>>720315195
>Alright /b/ why do republicans ACTUALLY care about abortion?
Its about power and control. It is effective a way for them to some what subtlety convince people that if you are poor then you do not deserve to have sex since you can not care for and maintain a child. Granted their is contraception and shit but they against that as well but even then slime chance that shit could fail as well.

So they get the poor or at the very least those who cant afford to raise a child to no have kids so then only the rich that can procreate and essentially make its so only the well off kids are able to grow up and have less competition for any and all type of work.

it sounds dumb and convoluted sure but it ultimately a power thing to control the population as to what many would think to be the "peasants" without it getting to out of control,

so no sex for the peasants means no chance of pregnancy which then leads to smaller less rowdy peasant class.

They other reason is because they are dumb and genuinely think that god is against abortion even though in the bible there is a part of it where essentially that given the right circumstances a miscarriage would be forced via drinking some "bitter water" which is essentially an abortion.

ITs all ultimately a feel good type of thing wher people are mislead to believe that its is proper to be on ones high horse about the subject to make it easier to control them and push shit through via fooling people that they have the higher moral ground.

its a power play that has worked for them so they stick to it.

and for the record i am against abortion but i am for the privacy of people and the womens ability to make such a shitty decision if they have/want to for themselves.
>>
I have a question for anyone who doesn't care about abortions who is registered as a Republican.

Why? Why register under a party that stands for superficial bullshit like "family values", religious bullshit, against science? (I don't just mean global warming)

If your stances on foreign policy and the economy are conservative, why not just be a Libertarian? Why associate yourselves with the party of morons?
>>
>>720327702
>Putting discretionary and nondiscretionary budgets together is one,
well that is to show that the percentages need to be factored into the total of all spending not just the two separate categories.

about the military, good point ill have to go back and look at how they divided it up but i was under the impression that it was all military spending foreign and domestic that includes contracts, so that seems to be everything military no?

do you have data for it that you feel is more accurate? and if so will you point out why? obviously its a very meticulous process to go through the data bc if you have ever looked at the treasuries sheets it is super detailed in certain places and other places its vague to the extent that you have to look up what certain things actually mean and if it is repeated in another area. what i am saying is i found the article with the most traffic and detailed inforgraphics with links, i did not intend to advert attention from certain data points
>>
>>720327753
>Granted their is contraception and shit but they against that as well
nope. go buy your own stuff i wont stop you
>>
File: Discretionary Budget.jpg (40KB, 678x528px) Image search: [Google]
Discretionary Budget.jpg
40KB, 678x528px
>>720328600

Here's a chart of just the discretionary budget, and the military is more than half.

In the dollar bill version it labels Major entitlements specifically, leading the viewer to believe those are discretionary and the other 51% is non-discretionary. That website above shows that non-discretionary is actually quite a bit larger than discretionary so somewhere in that green 20% or yellow/blue/grey space there is more non-discretionary. In any case, you can see on that website that there are a dozen things that don't belong in "Income security, other benefits" like energy & environment, housing and community, Food and agriculture and so on.

This is 2015 versus the above graphic which is 2014, but the percentages should barely move if at all from one year to the following, especially during the same presidency/congress.
>>
>>720329392
Sure thats discretionary. Meaning that its the pocket change of the government that various organizations squabble over

Military deserves over 50% for when we finally decide to eliminate all muslims
>>
>>720329392
okay thanks this is from the very same website.

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/budget-basics/federal-budget-101/spending/

>:
Mandatory spending makes up nearly two-thirds of the total federal budget. Social Security alone comprises more than a third of mandatory spending and around 23 percent of the total federal budget. Medicare makes up an additional 23 percent of mandatory spending and 15 percent of the total federal budget.

This chart shows where the projected $2.45 trillion in mandatory spending will go in fiscal year 2015.

pic related so in 2015
38% of total budget goes to welfare
so thats 1.3528 trillion dollars on welfar and 598.5 billion is spent on military

welfare budget only ever increases, and according to the that budget it is the single biggest category out of all types of spending in both categories, so why not trim the fat from the biggest ticket item?
>>
>>720316404
A 1 million dollar loan from daddy is easy capital to make money off of more than what poor people are offered. Shoot yourself.
>>
File: Danger Zone.gif (620KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Danger Zone.gif
620KB, 300x168px
>>720330190

Medicare and Health is not Welfare.

Medicare and Health is not the biggest item, Social Security is.

Just picking the biggest thing and reducing that is illogical. You should pick things that can be reduced with the least impact. The military is easily reduced since so much of the money is paid out to privatized companies like Lockheed Martin. Privatized companies charge as much as they believe they can get away with, and provide as little service as they believe they can get away with in order to maximize profit.
>>
>>720330699
our defense is the main objective of our government

providing health services is NOT the governments
job

and yes medicare is welfare its a subsidy paid for by the federal government

>we need to reduce our budget lets ignore the most expensive thing
what???

having said that agree about gov miltary contracts tahts why we should remove cost + contracts, that way the price is the price and is never a "running total on tab"

but thats only a few hundred million.
welfare is a growing and never slows down bc there is always more people. we need to reduce our burden
>>
>>720315195
because some people think a group of cells with no self awareness is a person. this goes for infants too. babies aren't humans until their at least 3 months old. honestly if i had a kid who died before the age of like 2 i wouldn't fucking care. if i was married i would act like i do. btw anyone know any good toys with choking hazards and how to teach yourself to cry on demand. sorry if my grammar/spelling is shit haven't been getting much sleep lately.
>>
>>720317419
i agree but i think putting dumb people who want to kill other people in a place to kill other dumb people who want to kill other people. i think were killing all the right people.

why the fuck should we respect the military when our government doesn't look how many homeless vets their are. THNAKS FOR YOUR SERVICE HERES A QUATER. sorry the VA is the worst fucking health provider on the planet. but hey
>>
>>720320412
i swear some people don't understand that whole point of this board is to be anon.
>>
>>720331055
The governments job is to do whatever we want it to. The budget is passed by elected representatives.

> our defense is the main objective of our government

We can maintain our security with a smaller military. Justifying the current allocation of funds because defense is the most important task doesn't make sense. Why not spend all money on defense? What is the appropriate level of spending?

> and yes medicare is welfare its a subsidy paid for by the federal government

I don't see how a subsidy paid for by the federal government makes something welfare. The cost of oil is subsidized, that's not welfare.

The most proven method for reducing the cost of Medicare and Health would be to nationalize the healthcare industry and provide single payer health care, eliminating the entire Health Insurance industry and all the profits they suck out of the system.
>>
>>720323386
yes because people on assistance programs are never abusive towards their children and spouse.

sorry hun if you want to be able to feed your child you need to stay with drunk wifebeating husband.
>>
File: 1941153.png (53KB, 200x176px) Image search: [Google]
1941153.png
53KB, 200x176px
>>720331180
underrated post. i kek'd.
>>
>>720331479
most corn farmers are subsidized.
hooray for pork barrel politics!
>>
>>720331479
i already said cut cost + contracts from the military spending so lets just pretend thats 100B which is a way over estimation.

what now? the welfare will continue to increase and increase an increase it must be reduced and saying spend more money by nationalizing it is so retarded
>The most proven method for reducing the cost of Medicare and Health would be to nationalize the healthcare industry and provide single payer health care, eliminating the entire Health Insurance industry and all the profits they suck out of the system.
brazil, venuezuala, england, canada, spain, greece, sweden, all disagree with you factually, they have shitty healthcare compared to ours, NO ONE is fleeing the US to go to any of those countries to get healthcare yet hundreds of thousands of people do it every year to get to united states hospitals

we have better cancer survival rates, better technology, and better treatment options then any other place in the world because of the competition.

>inb4 but muh """FREE""" healthcare
have fun paying 50-80% tax on shit you dont and might not ever use, having the gov tell you what is and what is not necessary to save your life, turning you away from life bengiting procedures bc "thats an elective/cosmetic surgery sorry not covered", and deciding what is a good strategy for your health"
there are no oil and gas subsidies
http://www.forbes.com/sites/drillinginfo/2016/02/22/debunking-myths-about-federal-oil-gas-subsidies/#8fa0b585e62b
>>720331711
there are special programs for battered women and children, that do not apply to the typical people that dont deal with that shit, its called WIC are you being intentionally retarded or are you talking out of your ass? lets stick to one character flaw at a time okay?
>>
>>720318495
So where do you draw the line? Life begins when the egg is fertilized. You're merely changing the definition to avoid having legitimate morals.
>>
>>720326819
We need INCENTIVE BASED EUGENICS. reward people for sterilizing themselves with white trash and nigger prizes. Lifetime supply of BUD LIHT or A new pair of Jordans.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>720332229
how will i make my own pizza place with out all the dead fetuses abortion provides?
being ANTI ABORTION IS BEING ANTI SMALL BUSINESS!
>>
>>720332229
It's isn't a clear line because the real world is complicated. Humanity and sentience are both sliding scales determined by the degree to which a brain exists to create consciousness. A first-trimester baby clearly doesn't have any appreciable mind, so there's no ethical issue. After that, it becomes more complicated, but for a while, the moral arguments of bodily autonomy and self-ownership a la Locke are convincing, right? While the foetus might have a mind to a certain degree it's clear that the woman's rights, since she has a /full/ mind, are more important, even if wed consider life to be a more important right than self-ownership when comparing two equal beings.
>>
>>720315195
Breeds more poor people to work for their businesses
>>
>>720332229
Life is not valuable, it's not morally wrong to pick a flower. Consciousness, not life, is what we're ought to protect, so there I draw a line.
>>
>>720332185
of course, but your post seemed to imply that any break down of the family unit would lead to being disqualified from receiving help from the state.
>>
>>720316106
Being this stupid its a federal crime for money to go towards abortions
>>
>>720315869
Yeah bro you are smart
>>
>>720315195
if these people are so prolife wouldn't they be outlawing graveyards?
>>
File: images-342325.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
images-342325.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>Goes to sna,p,ch,at,y,,com
>Enters school's hottest girl's name
>Gets free nudes
>>
Keyword.. Unborn.
If their were zombies, you would be the type to say
"It's not your right to take an undead life"

Second, it's even more criminal to bring a life into this world that you cannot adequately take care of.
>>
>>720315195
Fact :
For every white,Latino and Asian baby aborted in "Plan Parenthood" it is 300 (!!!) black babies killed there.
BLM should be there not in front of police .
But who care those are niggeres anyway
>>
>>720315869
Well played & kek
>>
>>720315800
the majority of the people that vote for them dont care about abortion issues enough, or come down on the other side of the argument far too much now for that to be a valid argument. good example though.
Thread posts: 290
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.