[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So 4chan. recently iv'e been obsessed with joining the army.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: soldier usa.jpg (58KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
soldier usa.jpg
58KB, 640x425px
So 4chan. recently iv'e been obsessed with joining the army. i have always wanted to serve my home country and i've filed for bootcamp. my question for you is how does killing feel like? i've looked up so many websites and i still havent found anything that is acceptable. for example what does squeezing the trigger knowing that the person infront of Your barrel is going to die of it? what was the emotions before, under and after the scenario? how did you handle it afterwards? i firmly believe many of you have either some stories or someway to contribute to this either if you are a ER Doctor, military veteran, police officer, murderer, home defender or in any way have been Affiliated with taking the life of another induvidual. im not keen on the story but more of what it actually was like. thanks.
>>
im not in the army but all i can say is fight with honor for president trump.
Keep him always in your heart and you will be safe. if you developed ptsd after you kill always remind yourself that you are fighting for your president with honor and fidelity.
>>
not the military of the United States tough but i'll always remember trump ahah
>>
>>719578346
For the first few, you feel sympathy.
After that, all you feel is recoil.
>>
>>719578346
wasnt in army but i blew a motherfucker away with my shotgun who was in my house at night. what do you want to know?
>>
Git gud
>>
>>719578346
Killing isnt as cool as it seems.

Youre kid. You still dont understand that sometimes you have to do things that youll never forgive yourself for when youre much older.
>>
>>719578346
Hey anon, US Marine here, and I'll give you a pretty straightforward answer, the first time, it sucks. You feel like shit after, but you slowly realize why you're doing it and the cause behind it and after that it's just like killing a deer or another game animal. Now everyone reacts differently to it, I've seen people code black after killing someone, just always remember why you're doing it, and if you don't think you can handle it I'd say don't go
>>
All this waxed humdrum you've built up about murder is very unrealistic and, moreover, very incongruent with actual army life.

I was in the infantry. All of the people there are screw ups who couldn't hack it in the real world, psychopaths who sign up just so they could kill somebody, country bumpkins who joined out of tradition or pride, burn outs who didn't know what else to do with their lives, young high school grads who chose this instead of college but have no real direction in life, thug types who sign up so they can avoid going to jail for some crime they were arrested for, foreigners trying to get citizenship, careerists, the occasional genius weirdo who has some strange reason for signing up, a few religious nutcases, and even fewer who sign up for honorable reasons.

You want to know the truth about the army, kid? Every single one of those men - for all of our differences - every single one of us was disappointed with what we got. We all had different reasons, and what we got were people who couldn't hack it in the real world bossing us around to make themselves feel big. We got standing in formation or sitting in the woods in Fort Benning with a rifle for hours on end while the leadership gets their shit together. We got hyper machismo solutions to every possible problem. We got homesick.

The military definitely changes people forever, but not for the hyped up reasons you're thinking of...
>>
>>719579640
Code black?
>>
>>719579640
What the fuck did you just say to me? I'll have you know I graduated top in my class in the Marine Corps. I'm a sniper with over 300 confirmed kills and that's just with my bare hands.
>>
>>719578346
It's not like how they show it in the movies. Armyfag here; it's like killing an animal the first time it happens except the adrenaline rush is so much more fucking intense. For me we were far away looking through a PAS 13 on a .50 cal. I saw a a bunch of little infrared silhouettes shooting down at us, lined one up and squeezed. Watching him blow apart was exciting and I was thrilled. I mean I got one; it felt more like scoring a touchdown than actually taking a life. Sitting down and mulling it over after the mission is when it started to really settle in that I took a mans life. Someone who lived a life as complex and long, possibly longer than my own. All his experiences, memories, took him away from his wife, kids, family, etc. Still I rationalized it; he was trying to kill me so fuck him. I really don't feel bad about it and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

See it's not like those old war movies where you probably get a good look at the guy your killing. It's not like those scenes where afterward it changes the guy forever and he struggles to find his peace with what he's done. It's all so far away now. It's done through thermal sights or at a distance. Hell, the M4 has a max effective range of 500m. You would barely see the guy you killed at that range.

Anyway killing in war isn't everything the media hypes it up to be. It won't change you, it'll just be a fun story to tell your civilian buddies or keep score with your military pals. At least that's the way I viewed it. I'm sure some will disagree. Good luck in the service! Thank you for making the choice to serve our country and I wish you all the best!
>>
>>719580109
Freeze up, panic, just immediately freeze up and mentally break down
>>
>>719578346
no worries op you'll never kill anyone
>>
thanks for the inputs. yes Hollywood has spiced up killing People with stuff like dual berettas within 3 feet from Your target. i wanted a honest point of view on how killing is like and i'd love to hear more if anyone out there got some. will be good information to us all if anyone ever gets in the situation (OP)
>>
>>719580585
I thought that's what you meant, but I wasn't sure. Thanks anon.
>>
>>719580503

M4 range isn't 500 meters!

I call bullshit.
>>
>>719580981
M4 max effective range is 500 meters for a point target. Look it up.
>>
>>719580981
The maximum EFFECTIVE range on an M4 is 500 meters. The maximum range is like 3600 meters or some shit. There's a difference between the effective range and the maximum range fuckwit. Learn2read.
>>
>>719578346
i hope they never let you shoot at people you fucking sociopath.
>>
>>719580981
yeah it's not like they make us answer these questions on a board to get promoted or anything. eat shit.
>>
File: arthur-fist.jpg (33KB, 800x443px) Image search: [Google]
arthur-fist.jpg
33KB, 800x443px
>>719580503
>>719579640
>tfw no infantry roles available for the Marine Reserves while I go to college
>>
>>719581093
>>719581148

Jesus Christ. I've been out of the military way too long. It's hard to believe you can kill someone with such a small round from so far away. Even an M16 which has a slightly larger barrel is like 50 meters further.

Yikes. My mistake.
>>
>>719578346
>having feelings
>joining a killers brigade for tablescraps

shiggy
>>
>>719579373
that was the cringiest thing i've read all day
>>
>>719581519
Really? That's pretty suprising! Find another mos like moarterman or machinegunner, almost infantry but not quite
>>
>>719581701
bro i was cutting steak with that edge
>>
Is not all is cracked up to be, honestly no matter how hard you think you are it'll impact you in ways you don't understand and can't make sense of especially later in life.
>>
>>719581701
No lie. Your comment cracked me up tho, I was hoping someone would have said something.
>>
>>719581359
And why is that? because im willing to lay Down the Comfort of being home writing on 4chan while jerking off to hentai to go overseas to protect Your right to do so? i'm not saying i want to take another humans life i just wanted to get a sense on how it would feel like if i ever had to do so to protect the Things in which i stand for.
>>
>>719582254
you're going to tell me about serving. that's fucking rich, child. i hope they stick you in an office somewhere so your creepy bloodthirsty ass doesn't cause any more damage to an already fucked up country.
>>
>>719582155

^^^^^^^^^This....further I have convinced myself that God will make me discuss with the people I've killed their loss of time on this earth

It is not good ever to kill another human being. Even when necessary, it haunts you
>>
>>719578346
I can't speak for other anons or for you. It's a personal question and I belive that the changing varibles affect the impact. It's who, why and how you kill. I even belive it comes down to the person you are. There are deaths that I regret, that haunt and guilt me, those of the loved ones whom I betrayed. I'm not some psychopath so those are something I'm ashamed of and something I wish I could take back.

Then again I also went through army, where we wery much were giuded to accept taking ones life if absolutely needed. We were not brainwashed and army ofcourse demanded a whole lot more from you than killing. Mostly it was rules, safety and not embarrasing the army by acting retarded. Still, the killing part was wery much in front of you in your training. I don't know if it was because of the army or simply because the target was indifferent to me, or because I had a tool (a rifle) that I was made to becme very fond of and that had one purpose thus highlighting my purpose. But in the army and with the rifle, it didn't feel that crueling as a act. There was certain power to it, kind of simplicity. It put me into a positition where I had the liberty to choose who lives and who dies, or that's how it felt. By squeezing the trigger I chose how I might affect other's lives, fire/don't fire. I never went mad with it. I didn't rode into the town and started blasting, never used my rifle to intimidate other who I served with. But it still was sort of a power trip for me. And not necessary a bad one, it did also highlight how frail human life is. If I can chose for you with a rifle others can choose for me. And ofcourse there was the whole "shelling thing" where you emptie your mags on some dot in the distance and hope you hit something, during which you don't even know if you hit anything and therefor are removed from guilt.

And some people can't shoot a moose because the thought of hurting anything living or hurting animal is too much for them.
>>
>>719582516
not telling you about serving am i? no chill. lets get back to topic before the ptsd hits the roof shall we?
>>
>>719582764
Thanks for the input and thank you for Your service. :)
>>
>>719582801
sorry, fam. these things happen sometimes.
>>
>>719582764
bro they made us chant "blood" to the question "what makes the green grass grow". totally not an attempt at brainwashing.
>>
>>719579373
Cringe af
>>
>>719582651
Don't worry, there is no god.

INB4 tips fedora
>>
if feels like chewing 5 Gum
>>
>>719582651
Glad you agree with me. Being young and a Marine all we ever wanted to do was "get some", slay bodies, etc. You hear stories about how people get nightmares and messed up but you never thought it'd be you you're way too hard for it. Home from deployment a bottle of whiskey later on post deployment leave you wake up to your mom crying because you punched out a window after hearing a firework go off and repeatedly screaming "are you okay" with glass and blood all over your arms. Sober you still see faces, the smell of burnt hair and skin, especially the smell of ruptured intestines is stuck in your nose like a disgusting rot. I'm ranting now sorry. Bottom line, you'll change for the worse. Don't do that to yourself OP.
>>
>>719579640
Hey man, I know it may be tough to talk about this, but have you seen any fellow service members die? I'm curious how guys like you felt when it happened, what happened after, and how you can prevent it from happening again?
>>
>>719581519
Join the Army. They always have 11b positions open and I promise you you will see just as much if not more combat than a Marine. Marine boot camp is so much longer because they also spend weeks doing pointless ass shit like swimming and DNC. We learn DNC but on the side of our training. Army final FTX is 4-5 days, the infamous Marine Corps. Crucible is fucking 2. Marines shoot at a 500 meter target yea, but our targets pop up and down and you only have 3-7 seconds (if I remember correctly) to hit them. 82nd Airborne were the first into Fallujah (before the jarheads), 3rd ID lead the assault into Baghdad, 101st Airborne captured Uday and Qusay, 173rd were in the Korengal for years. Trust me when I say the Army will serve you well, if not better.

That being said I respect the Corps. and all that they do. I would die for my USMC brothers. I just get sick of all the bullshit PR putting them on a pedestal and making soldiers look inferior in comparison. Whatever you choose you will hopefully enjoy and there's honor in serving in any branch. Best of luck to you!
>>
>>719583221
You want to fight alongside somebody who hears that question and responds with "Water!"? I sure as hell don't.
>>
>joining the armed forces to kill people
Is this edge, autism, or edgy autism?
>>
>>719585395
It's neither, or none. Stop misusing your buzzwords. It's just a dumb kid who played too much Call of Duty who is about to find out the hard way that real life is not like Call of Duty.
>>
File: oh ffs.gif (298KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
oh ffs.gif
298KB, 200x150px
>>719578346
>how does killing feel like?
>>
>>719585395
Except that most marines really do join for that.
>>
>>719578346

Most people hit the dirt when they're fired upon. Almost as many will play dead Even if you know you shot someone, you don't know exactly where most of the time or if they're dead.
>>
File: wheew.gif (685KB, 243x180px) Image search: [Google]
wheew.gif
685KB, 243x180px
>>719585542
what the fuck is it then if it's not the 'real world'?
a fucking illusion?
KYS faggot!
>>
File: 1435723980988.gif (28KB, 330x278px) Image search: [Google]
1435723980988.gif
28KB, 330x278px
>>719585703
>>
>>719578346
>how does killing feel like
Dont know bud. Im no killer and never been pushed to. Everyones different and handle it differently. Youre no NBK
>>
>>719578346
When u kill u feel 3 things depending on who u are.

1. In my case just recoil.

2 regret

3. Unsatisfactory. u wanted more from a kill

4. Satisfaction. most of the time it's fake guilt tho
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.