[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a fucking failure, I'm going to barely scrape by

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (83KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 480x640px
I'm a fucking failure, I'm going to barely scrape by and graduate high school this year, what kind of life can I expect with no way for me to afford college or get a scholarship
>>
File: 1482087714482.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482087714482.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
>>718853416
get financial aid you fucking retard
https://fafsa.ed.gov/
>>
>>718853416
you could kidnap little kids and sell them to me
I give you between 500 and 2000$ per unit, depending on their looks
>>
>>718853416
The world needs its electricians and plumbers too, not everyone gets to be a scientist or lawyer. Welcome to blue collar where, believe it not, you can actually do pretty well for yourself.
>>
>>718853416

If this is how you define a meaningful and purpose driven life, may I be the first to suggest actually killing yourself you fucking degenerate normie :●)
>>
>>
>>718853921
>electricians and plumbers
those cunts charge about as much as lawyers
>>
>>718853921
this
learn a trade
>>
>>718853921
And this is a more normal reply than you can expect from the other 99.5% of this shithole.
>>
>>718853416
Welcome to the status quo.
For now, you are maintaining yours.
Big whoop.
>>
>barely scrape by and graduate high school this year
Sounds like me and most of the people I know
You'll be fine
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 96x96px
ITT: maybe not as fucked as I thought originally
>>
>>718853416

College isn't the only way to find employment you can be proud of. Look into the skilled trades. There are other jobs than doctor or Walmart greeter.

Though you should consider why you didn't do well in high school. Don't do it to blame yourself, but ask if there are things you can change, or if you would thrive in a different environment, etc. I don't know you. Maybe you would do better with a hands on apprenticeship. Maybe you'd benefit from the structure of the military. Maybe you are just lazy and need a taste of failure before you get a kick in the pants. I don't know you. But do something. Giving up and doing nothing is the surest way to change nothing.
>>
>>718853416
I know a guy who barely scraped by as well, but he saved up rhe money and flew to anothe countryand taught convesational english their. I hear in japan they even pay for your housing and some living expenses. Plus the only requirment is a highschool degree.
>>
>>718853416
DONT GET STUDENT LOANS.
I know a girl who got student loans, went to a university and got a degree in...Photography.

THEN she decided she wanted MORE schooling and i now in grad school for PHOTOGRAPHY. Guess what she's doing now? SHE'S TEACHING KINDERGARTEN.
>>
>>718854121
>Have to have a truck
>Have to pay insurance
>Have to pay taxes
>Have to pay for gas and expenses

I'm sorry that we don't live in a surfdom and you're not an aristocrat.

There's a funny difference you see between conservatives and liberals when you work in peoples homes for a living.

Well off liberals think they're aristocrats and you're just a peasant.
Liberals think that they shouldn't have to pay you a living wage.
Liberals think it's the governments job to pay you and that it's your job to serve them.
Liberals think that work is beneath them and they pay their taxes for this.

Well off conservatives and very down to earth, very friendly, and very fair.
Well off conservatives keep in touch for years, gives tips, give gifts, and are very understanding.
Well off conservatives usually have a history of working in a similar occupation, so they understand and talk to you about it.

When I leave with a $2,000 check from you,
It doesn't mean that I am going home with $2k.
After expenses and taxes I might have made $40 off that days work.
Don't look at the total, look at the break down you stupid cunt, then think about what it cost me to do your job.

>You charged me $150 to put in my toilet??
Yeah cunt, and that's working like a slave charging that.
It cost me $40 in gas to get to your house, $50 in parts for your rings, valve and hose,
Then I have to pay taxes on top of that. And I have to manage the $40 after taxes I made off that 3 hours for paying for my home, lunch, bills, and insurance, plus disposal of your shitter, which would cost $50 to drop off at the landfill.

Fuck off you retard.
>>
File: 1480398287176.jpg (117KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1480398287176.jpg
117KB, 406x364px
>>718854708
don't do this
English teachers in Japan make terrible money
>>
>>718853921
>Implying those jobs will be relevant in 20 years
>>
File: 1482486884281.gif (973KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
1482486884281.gif
973KB, 300x196px
>>718853833
>>
Probably best to off yourself before the robot takeover and only the educated are left
>>
>>718854993
Lives in Japan tho.
One of the best places to live and grow old.
>>
>>718854875
40$ in gas to get to a client's house?
Fuck off cunt
>>
>>718854875
>Be a lawyer
>need suit
>need new car for first impression
>need a lot of books
>need more insurance than a plumber
>need to refresh certificates
>need insurance in case something goes wrong
>need at least one employee

I am not even a lawyer, but a lawyer risks his future with every case he takes.
A plumber only risks a shit stained toilet
>>
>>718853416
>barely scrape by and graduate high school this year

It's all good, fam. If you can't even rock high school, how could you ever expect to pass a single college class? You're fucked school-wise, but you could learn a good trade and make a living.

Learn how to change tires, wash windows, or give blowjobs.

You'll be OK, braugh.
>>
>>718855314
I love you.
>>
>>718853815
>register for financial aid
>major in gender studies
>fight patriarchy
>transition to female
>return to 4chan
>post feminine penis
>>
>>718854875
a true shitpost
>>
>>718855167
yeah, that weird gaijin that hits on all the japanese girls and their parents won't let them marry him
see how much he enjoys his life when he tries to actually start one there
>>
>>718853416
embrace capitalism and read stories and find people that were able to make a living without doing college. Develop a skill yo you'll be good don't be judging yourself by the standards of school
>>
Just off yourself for being a degenerate. You're obviously not motivated so why try?
>>
>>718853416
You can actually still be very wealthy if you go into construction and start learning how to invest your money in stocks and options immediately.
>>
>>718855537
Ya been there, m8?
Japanese people are weird, and even more sexually. The moment you get someone knowing you are american and at least avarege looking they'll hop to your dick for status. It's actually a thing.
>>
either go military, business, or redo high school. those are your only options op.
>>
>>718855192
Lol the people with money who pay people to remodel don't live in town.
And when you're driving a truck from home, to work, to stores, and back it adds up really quickly. The lowered gas prices have helped, but $40 in gas just to work for a day isn't rare.

>>718855314
>A plumber only risks a shit stained toilet
Lol I can tell you're a kid or a liberal with no respect for blue collar work.
A plumber risks millions in damage regularly.
Plumbers also need certs too you stupid cunt.
Once you get out of college and realize that your degree with worthless without an in, you'll find out the only "skilled" work you can find is in IT, which is an over saturated market where you're competing with the 3rd world.
Then maybe you'll decide to learn a trade and actually become a worth while human being.
>>
>>718853416
Join the Army, they'll take almost anyone
>>
>>718855698
maybe life isn't about being motivated in a capitalistic society?
>>
Join the military dumb ass
>>
>>718853921
Electricians and plumbers make a ton of money. Do this and invest.
>>
>>718855995
Oh boy
>>
I got my masters degree summer 2016. I'm still unemployed and life is shit.

Don't think education can save you from a shit life.
>>
>>718855893
pulling ass and marrying someone is different
>>
>>718853416
Fucking fake. You can see the orange tip. Poser.
>>
>>718855995
>maybe life isn't about being motivated in a capitalistic society?

Well, you could cry about that on street corners and beg change.
>>
>>718855962
>>718856018
Yes go kill people in other counties because that's clearly your only choice now. Merica
>>
>>718856146
>I got my masters degree summer 2016.

Degree in what?
>>
>>718855995
>>
Get a job at the post office good pay benifits and 2 weeks paid vacation a year
>>
>>718855909
>Lol I can tell you're a kid or a liberal with no respect for blue collar work.

>Having worked 4 years as blue collar
Simply fuck off, most of the money, plumbers want, goes directly to their boss.
As someone now working in a job with more responsibility, I think, blue collar is highly overpriced. Not even medics get as much as many plumbers want
>>
>>718856178
They also pay for schooling pretty well, and you could end up getting certified in a trade and those dank VA benefits and discount
>>
I have a job that only requires a high school diploma and made 62k last year.
>>
if you can't afford college you could at least use free online course sites like
coursera.org udacity.com edx.org
they partner with colleges and companies to provide basic training/education on all kinds of random jobs.

the courses are free to "audit" but they won't give you a certificate of completion unless you pay, though if you have the skills i doubt any company would care.
>>
>>718856158
Then welcome to date finding.
It's as possible here as it is in anywhere else.
I live in Brazil and every whore is jumping from dick to dick around here. It's fucking hard to know a girl with standards, let alone one that cares for you.
>>
>>718853921
>>718856096
Can confirm. My 38yr old step-brother was a fucking loser until he turned 30. Then he became a licensed electrician and is doing great now.
>>
>>718855995
maybe not, but having money is
>>
>>718855909
Plumbers literally charge several hundred dollars just to do a fucking 15 minute inspection.
Eat shit.
>>
>>718856352
>working undersomeone
>being a plumber
You fucking stoog!
Unless you're union, any plumber who is working for a company is fucking retarded.
>>
>>718856289

Chemical Engineering
>>
>>718855995
This isn't about capitalism. Stop using the system as an excuse for being lazy.

At the end of the day, if you can't find *anything* that you enjoy enough to spend time doing it, getting better than other people at, then you're either dumb, talent-less, or severely depressed.
>>
>>718853416
All of these posts suggesting you learn a trade have merit. My friend's dad didn't even fucking FINISH high school and decided to start his own contracting company. That turned into a construction company and now he's a multi-millionaire living in West Palm Beach. I'm not saying that's a typical outcome. All I can tell you is that he worked his fucking ass off for a long time but in the end it paid off for him big time. It could very well be that you barely scraped by in high school because school just isn't for you. That's not an insult, just a fact. Some people just need to get out there and do what they want to do without spending time and money getting a degree they don't give a shit about. Find out what you're passionate about, learn about it then do as close to perfect as you can and the rest should take care of itself.
>>
>>718856642
>Graduating college, collecting money for university and doing evening classes

simply fuck off, my life choices paid out and you are either a highschool dropout or a wellfare leech
>>
>>718856653
>Chemical Engineering

A masters in chemical engineering and you can't get a job?

Good Lord, you must have something terribly wrong with you.
>>
>>718853815
Are you retarded? Can't hack high school, you really think they could handle college?
>>
>>718857139
Nah, it is mandatory to get a doctor in chemistry, a master usually only gets you a simple lab job
>>
First of all, if you are going to college, you must be damn sure what you want to do today.
Hell even with a bachelor degree you are far from getting a secure job. Everyone take something today so unless you decide to study law or medicine, or whatever, you are going to end up with a hell of a student loan and most likely doing something quite different.

Times are changing. School and education is not what it once was. Look around and ask yourself if you want to work with people who are doing more mistakes on their work place than you will ever do.

Like some people said, skilled trades.

My story short. I have a masters degree from law school here in Norway. I also have a bachelor degree.
Getting a job even with that was not easy. Marked is filled with master and bachelor students and everything today is about network.
I did pretty good in school but I had no network.
Fast forward. Today I am 33, and I am an owner of a pretty good firm with a buddy of mine that I grew up with. He has a bachelor degree in engineering, but he kept on being hired, then lost his job due to down sizing. This happened with him 3 times, so he got tired of going to one firm to another.

The guys you read about that are the world most wealthy are usually people who sucked in school with no degree at all.
They value something far more important than degrees and good grades. What they have is a vision mixed with hard work.

Imagine yourself what you want your life to be like, and go for it.

If you want to go to college and you dont have the grades or the money, well, get up and do something about it. It does not matter if it is collecting empty bottles for money.
It does not matter if it is working at mcdonalds or bed bath and beyond. All work is work, and it sure hell beats sitting on ones ass and dream your life away.

If you feel like a failure, then look in the mirror and do something about it.
Fuck, you live in America. A land filled with craziness and opportunities.
>>
>>718856591
You're not understanding the cost of working.
I'm not going to lose money on your job because you don't like the reality of what it costs to do work.
It's not free for me to come over
It's not free for me to have these specialized tools.
It's not free for me to maintain, register, and insure a professional truck.
It's not free for me to hold plumbing licenses.
It's not free for me to liability insurance for my work.
I don't get a paycheck, I have to take out my taxes by my self.
Break it all down, plumbers don't make the money you think they do.
I work 7 days a week 52 weeks a year, I spend very little on entertainment and luxury. I never vacation, I don't party, I don't drink, I don't smoke, nothing.
Over the last 5 years I've made somewhere around $20k in extra money. beyond the bare minimum.
Yet you think when I take a $4k check from you I'm going out to buy a new toy.
What a fucking joke.
>>
>>718857527
Congrats, you just told the story of every other freelancer and business owner, while those can't charge overpriced bills, because of globalization.
So, should we baaw for you?
>>
>>718857527
This guy took the bait
>>
Become a truck driver it's pretty fucking easy and you don't need too much of an education
>>
>>718857527
I hope you're not really typing all this.
>>
>>718857380
>a master usually only gets you a simple lab job

NOPE There's a shitton of Chem jobs for a Masters degreed fag. You could even teach at a JC, go into sales, or work as a process engineer for bank at hundreds of factories.

You're lying, or you are a fat Indian.
>>
>>718857271
why the fuck not?
got Cs on math classes. once in college got Bs.
In fact i have great gpa. i improved greatly in college.

>>718853416
Go do fafsa. colleges provide a lot of help and tutoring.
>>
>>718857914
At least in my country it is mandatory to get the doctors. But It will bring you a initial yearly salary of 200k$. But that may be unique to my country, because we are somewhat leading in chemistry
>>
>>718853921
This anon is right. The dude who replaced my furnace is wealthier than me and I work for Micro$oft. Nobody wants to do that shit that needs to get done. And honestly how much worse is it than sitting in a cubicle putting spreadsheets together for some rich Jew corporate fucks?
>>
>>718857774
The angry plumber is right. You aren't in a trade, and don't understand the real cost of business. Your just mad because you called a plumber to fix your sink and you watched him put in a new set of o rings to stop leak. Got charged 200$ and your mad it took him 15 minutes. Worst of all your multi gendered partner watched it go down.
>>
>>718853416
Son, have you ever considered a career in dry walling?
>>
>>718856955
School is an exercise in futility.
Being told to prove your knowledge over and over and over for 12 years is beyond stupid.
I was passed along year after year because I proved over and over again on tests and I not only understood the topics, I had mastered them. And this was with never taking a single note, never doing home work, nothing. Yet I consistently failed classes because so much of grades today are from homework.
Busy work. It's just garbage to waste students time. Some people need to takes notes. Some people need to study, some people need to practice. I didn't, and I was punished for it.
I was in 12th grade, doing senior classes with no where near enough credits to graduate. All of my teachers always understood that I wasn't failing because I was stupid or didn't get the material. The fact that I never got a diploma was bureaucracy at work. the kid who can't read gets a diploma. the girl who covers her ears and screams while tearing her hair out to eat gets a diploma. But the kid setting the curves on his finals doesn't.

It doesn't matter though, everywhere I've worked has never asked for proof that I graduated.
>>
>>718858254
I call bait
>>
>>718857527
>drives less than a mile to my house
>carries only a flashlight
>looks at the pipes for about 15 minutes
>tells me it's beyond repair
>450$
>>
>>718857926
Because if they don't know why they failed, why not get a job for a while and think it over. I went directly into college with no direction and washed out.
>>
>>718855016
>implying those jobs won't be relevant in 20 years
>>
>>718858396
>>718858424
Plumbing is retarded simple. If you can't work a wrench and a torch you have down syndrome.
>>
>>718853416

College won't get you a job anymore.

Go to a trade school and you'll be doing better than most college grads.
>>
>>718854622
This
>>
So how do people make it into the 1%
>>
>>718858678
>implying those jobs can't be done by the houseowner themself with the introduction of 30hr weeks and stupid simple online tutorials
>>
>>718857774
>Globalization
You fucking what.
Yeah the indian fuck in mumbai slapping mud on the walls of people's homes for a living is really competing with me.

I have a skilled job, that cannot be replaced by automation, and cannot be outsourced.
And when you need it done, you absolutely need it done.
>>
>>718858905
Yes so you cannot be mad about paying the amount you are willing to pay. If you don't want to pay, do it your fucking self.
>>
>>718859085
You realize you are responding to literal kids right?
Why are you wasting your time lol
>>
>>718858123
>because we are somewhat leading in chemistry

Yeah, that's why you can't get a jib, right?

lmfao.

Fail.
>>
>>718858905
Your average joe cannot swap a single pole light switch with 2 wires in a box.
I've been called out thousands of times to clean up a home owners mess when they think they can swap switches themselves.
Don't get me wrong, it's drop dead simple, and it's hard to believe that people are really that stupid.
But once you see it 100 times you just accept it.
>>
>>718853416
Your life is just beginning.
I never finished high school and I'm making enough money to live comfortably.
Stop being a little bitch.
>>
>>718859085
>Being a freelancer while being in university

Anon, not everyone can be working for big companies 8-5 or force their customers with high bills, without them contacting a lawyer.
So plumber talking about how bad their life is, is the biggest real life satire I have seen in the last weeks
>>
>>718855016
>implying that indoor plumbing will be gone in 20 years

Dammit I took the bait
>>
>>718859415
Drunk or retarded?

It was pretty clear, I am not the chemistry anon
>>
>>718859511
Very few customers have stiffed me.
Because I'm very very cheap.
Absurdly cheap.
When I come out and install your water heater for $1200 when the heater is $700 and the parts were $100
And the customer gets mad, they'll usually call me back a few days alter after presumably contacting their lawyer, or calling around getting quotes.
Do you not know what a contractors lien is tho?
>>
>>718853416
Do you have a 13 inch dick? Coz then you can do porn and be a proud member of an industry where women get paid 10x the amount of men.

Remember: we must all do our part to fight the patriarchy.
>>
Plumbing with Pex and ABS is easy enough.
Electrical, and Gas related anything should be left up to ticketed professionals. For both safety and insurance reasons.
>>
>>718859916
You want to talk about complience policy. I have that for my own business, simply because I am dependent on their good ratings and mouth propaganda.

But what does that have to do with the fact, that blue collar works in a rather local area, but is still moaning the most of all freelancer?
>>
>>718860353
*compliance
>>
>>718855192
You have no fucking idea what it is like to live outside of a city where everyone is 40 minutes. In rural areas you might have to drive 2 hours just to get to a client's home (driving a truck and hauling a new toilet can easily hit $40+.
>>
>>718859959
>Plumbing with Pex and ABS is easy enough.
Plumbing with PEX is exceptionally expensive. And I you'll be regretting it in 5 years when it leaks.
Plumbing with ABS isn't the cake walk you think it is, the one solvent is nice, but abs is never straight, you have to be very diligent with the slopes with abs or else you'll get massive draining problems from back slope and sludge build up.
Plumbing done wrong gets very expensive very quickly.
You also need to have a very good knowledge of local plumbing codes, because you can easily seal in a vent a pipe that's against code. Assuming you got a permit, the inspectors not your teacher, you're just going to keep failing inspection over and over, and if you didn't get a permit you could lose your occupancy permit when you go to sell and someone finds it out. Then you're gutting the house.

>Electrical, and Gas related anything should be left up to ticketed professionals. For both safety and insurance reasons.

Anything 15a or 20a is fine, as long as you understand the basic concept of electricity and understand to not seal jboxes in walls, and to not have exposed wiring.
30a can kill you fairly easily and I wouldn't recommend most people mess with it. Or anything in the panel for that matter.

Gas ran in iron pipe is also pretty brain dead simple. If you've got a functioning sense of smell you can safely run hard gas lines.
>>
>>718856178
Totally worth it, you cowardess faggot.
>>
>>718855995
And to think there are dull idiots around the world that think capitalism = money. Capitalism isn't only about money ya bunch of nutgobblers, money it's only one of the tools this system relies on. Earning money is not wrong, it's the philosophy behind capitalism that's wrong. Earning more and more that's "sucess", fuck philosophy, fuck space exploration, fuck searching the meaning of this shitty existence. Capitalism is about finding a way to make something great for yourself and then "kick the ladder" so no one can fucking climb it again.
>>
>>718860984
Capitalism is the most moral and successful economic model in all of history.

In a capitalist society, you put in work, you get out wealth.
Period.
If you want, you work. and you can work as much as you want.
>>
>>718861186
I think you rather meant socialist capitalism
>>
File: 1482448203256.jpg (616KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1482448203256.jpg
616KB, 3000x2000px
>>718855995
this is why I love capitalism, the lazy and dumb fags out themselves quickly by complaining about having to work to make aliving

get your lazy ass to work, commi

he who does not work shall not eat either
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.