[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /b/ I am terrified. I'm not sure if anyone here will

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 10

File: open-uri20130618-32414-451jca.jpg (26KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
open-uri20130618-32414-451jca.jpg
26KB, 600x400px
hi /b/ I am terrified.

I'm not sure if anyone here will even be any help, or if it will just turn into a troll fest.. but I need some advice.

I am so scared of my surgery coming up this week.. I am so fucking terrified of being put under. I can't sleep. I can't fucking eat. All I think about is the surgery.

My biggest fear is not being in control of my body, waking up in the middle of surgery.. or becoming retarded as a result of a dumb surgin..

please someone help me. fuck. i have nobody to tell about this irl. i am so fucking scared oh my god.
>>
Fear increases your odds of waking up in the middle of surgery.
It's a kind of survival instinct.
So just don't be scared, anon.
>>
You will probably get dope drugs
>>
>>718836788
This
And what surgery are you talking about OP?
>>
>>718836430
You're not gonna wake up and no doctor is gonna rek you while you're out, what's the surgery for btw? We'll be able to determine if you should really be scare
>>
>>718836613
i know it does... i can't not be scared though. fuck my life. i've been awake since Wednesday. cant fucking relax.probably wont be sleeping.. legit can not sleep.

Also >>718836918
my wisdom teeth, all 4. they're impacted.. they've been impacted since 2013.. but i refused surgery and now theyre infected and growing puss n shit. my jaw is swollen too, they are growing into my fucking cheeks.
>>
>>718836430
>waking up in the middle of surgery
Not going to happen with today's anesthesia.
You have nothing to worry about. I've been put under 3 times in the past 3 years. Wait a minute for the meds to take effect and wake up out of surgery. I was kind of worried during the first surgery because I was put under in the early 90's and woke up during, but not with how and what they're using these days.
>>
>>718837009
thanks. for me, it's like if I'm not in control of my body. something may happen, and i won't be able to defend myself. i don't want to die. and there are risks and i have to sign shit.. and i dont know if i accept the risks.. fuck me
>>
>>718837052
wisdom teeth?? Chill that's nothing. I thought you were getting your spine operated on by reading your posts. Chill tf out you're not even being cut open.
>>
>>718837169
thanks anon, my father described being put under as a "zipper closing" over his face..

I'm 21 for all who are curious.

He sorta scared me bad..
>>
do heroin to warm yourself up.
>>
>>718837052
>wisdom teeth
You'll be ok during the surgery, but afterward you're going to be one high motherfucker.
Mine were impacted too, do what they say to avoid dry sockets.
>>
>>718837292
its still so scary :( i dont know what will happen.. i am so fucking scared. this is the first thing to ever happen to me bad. everything has been good.. and i cant tell anyone how scared i am because im usually not the one to be scared of stuff..

i've considered getting them out with local, but the thought of being awake while a tooth is being pulled is even worse.
>>
>>718836430
OP, I´ve been in surgery four years ago. Doctors removed me some kind of gangrena in my intestine (really big deal) so don´t worry. You´ll be on heavy drugs and you´ll wake up on the next day so dope that you´ll see some shit around. Don´t get so stressed and relax bro. Good Luck.
>>
>>718837479
Holy fuck calm down lmao, I know going under seems scary the firs time but seriously, it's just like you blink and you wake up high as fuck. wisdom teeth are nothing, brain surgery is fucking scary
>>
>>718837309
>>718837479
You'll literally go under and wake up like no time has passed. I fucking like that.
>>
>>718837479
Gangrena guy here, OP may I ask the reason of being operated?
>>
>>718837687
it's legit like being dead.. and what if i look stupid while under and the surgen laughs.. holy shit dude. or what if someone fucking rapes me.
>>
>>718837479
Yeah you nothing to worry about honestly, If you get the mask then the worst thing you have to worry about is the slight discomfort of the mask. Honestly the whole experience is pretty nice, go in with problems, possibly pain, go to sleep for a bit and then wake up to find that you're in much better condition.
>>
>>718837957
WTF? too many horror movies bro. No doctor even cares if you have small dick or if you drool during the surgery.
>>
>>718837957
"it's like being dead"
Being dead is no brain activity, it is nothing like being dead, dead is literally nothing, are you twelve or something because this is an abnormal amount of panic when all you are doing is going to sleep
>>
>>718838246
I am 21, but i am a girl.. not a guy if that makes a difference, inb4 tits or gtfo. kys

but yeah.. i have intense anxiety.. i am really scared..
>>
>>718837052
>wisdom teef
easy peasy japanesy

I've have 3 major ORIF ortho surgeries including full thickness skin grafts. Only one problem was during minor procedure when backing out a screw, remember the sound, pressure and bone smell.

Waifu had 4 major abdominal surgeries for cancer. It's the waking up that sucks. First time I've ever seen someone grayish-green yet still alive. She was screaming for death until they pushed IV dilaudid. again. and again. and again. the post op team were very impressed that a 130lb girl could handle enough opiates and still function.
>>
What is there to be scared of?

Here are the possible outcomes...
1 you'll come out of it just fine
2 you'll die
3 you'll have something left inside of you and can take out a lawsuit on the hospital/surgeon for boku bucks

All three options sound better compared to whatever hell you currently live in.
>>
>>718838528
Ever take anti-anxiety meds?
>>
While it may not be pleasant just remind yourself that this, too, shall pass.

Plus you'll probably get some pretty excellent drugs afterward.
>>
>>718838647
You do realize waifu is a term reserved for fantasy wives, right? Typically 2d females
>>
>>718838528
Just don't worry about it. Nothing will happen to you, do you really think a doctor would risk getting the shit sued out of him, losing his license and go to prison? There'll be other people there too.
Where do you live?
>>
>>718838724
im on 200 MG of Zoloft, and 50MG of prozac, it does not calm me.. i panic.. i panic, no solution at this point.. i just want to cry.
>>
>>718838889
I live in Connecticut. United states.
>>
>>718838685
kek´d
but anon is right. In my experience the worst part is when the nurses stop administrating Lidocaine, the pain is a bitch, but eventually you´ll get over.
>>
>>718838892
Then cry alot. after you cry a lot you´ll feel better
>>
>>718838892
Get a new doctor. Zoloft and Prozac don't play well together. Zoloft & Seroquel work well for me.
>>718838969
You'll be fine, good doctors up there. Now, if you had said Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi or Alabama....
>>
>>718838969
Never expose personal information...
>>
>>718838528
Tits now you fucking cunt whore.
>>
hey anon,

been under twice in the past 3-4 years, first time for like an hour for wisdom teeth and 2nd for appendicitis, honestly unless youre in a third world country theres not much to worry about. you fall asleep, then wake up and its all over. just make sure you give them accurate info about your body weight etc. and you're in the clear.
>>
>>718837052
if its just wisdom teeth then you'll be fine, the anesthesia they use these days will definitely keep you under long enough
>>
>>718839278
Saying the state won't get anyone tracked down. I didn't ask for her address. Yet.
>>
>>718839317
Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>718839207
i have been. my throat hurts like hell and my eyes are bloodshot. i havn't even slept.

>>718839278
there are a billion people like me in my area.. chances of them finding who i am are slim to none, plus i didn't say the city.

>>718839317
dicks out for harambe
lol but seriously, chicks browse too. so gfys.

>>718839328
oo ok very true about the weight thing. i don't own a scale.. so hopefully they got one.

>>718839447
i won't be giving that, not retarded lol.
>>
>>718838812
well, that's just... I'm not one to judge.
>>
>>718838812
eh, maybe it's like his pet name for wife. Sorta cute if they're both the geeky type. Nothing wrong with finding compatible love.
>>
>>718836430
Yeah bro, if its your wisdom teeth removal, you got nothing to worry about. Its a very minor surgery even at the stage that its at right now. You'll go under local anesthesia, be passed the fuck out and wake up feeling high as a kite. Don't worry about it bro you'll be fine.
>>
>>718839797
thank you. i need to try to relax.. i can't get over the thought of being not in control of my body. it's so unsettling, you're basically giving control of the one thing that is you, to someone else. I overthink a lot. i'm aware.
>>
>>718836430
A number of people have died due to this procedure. Good luck anon.
>>
>>718839949
Fucking girls I swear
As a guy I wouldn't give a fuck.
Turn to doctor before taking the stuff and say "Good nighto man, thanks for the good work" :ok_hand: salute and good night
Then wake up high as shit, "ayyyyyyyyyy"
>>
Scariest thing to think about is what if you feel everything in the surgery and the anaesthetic just makes you forget it.
>>
>>718836430
Have had 10 surgeries and I'm 20 yrs old. You'll be fine OP, if it's your first, you'll just wake up in the post surgery room, maybe vomit a bit n then get rolled out to your room. When ur there ur gonna fall back asleep. Dassit mang.
>>
>>718839993
>>718836430
Not that many. In 2013, 82 died out of 29,975,459 people.
>>
>>718839687
this, we're a bit old school geeky - nothing creepy/cosplay. also funnier than hurr durr "old ball and chain"

jesus, we've been together longer than 90% of b/tards
pic related
>>
>>718836430
I don't know if they do this everywhere or where you live, but when I had surgery I had to watch a video, pretty long video, about all the potential risks, but the truth is that's just them covering their asses, it's extremely unlikely for something to go wrong in most surgeries. Though I should say, something did go wrong in mine but it was minor and causes me no pain, the weight listed on my driver's license was lower than my actual weight (I was a kid, still growing, didn't get fat or anything) so the anesthesia wasn't the right dose, I woke up about 15 minutes before they were done, but they used a numbing agent in addition to putting me under, so I didn't actually feel any pain. Still kind of a big fuck up on their part not asking me my weight or weighing me, just going off my license.
>>
Just make sure someone records you coming out of anesthesia saying stupid shit about butt sex and BBC and post it all over the net.
>>
My philosophy: You can't prove anything, everything's (very likely) a lie, and so I and everyone else are all wrong. God is the truth, that only he knows (not some dumbass faggot being in the sky)

I'm wrong about that toooooo (It's a paradox)
>>
enjoy a bunch of strangers laughing at your genitals
>>
>>718836430
>>718836430
or becoming retarded as a result of a dumb surgin..

Well, thanks to EQUALITY, you'll likely get one that is a surgeon that achieved that position through being a minority instead of one that got their due to merit or decent grades.

Equal rights apply in all things. We need to lower standards so marginalized people can practice medicine too.
>>
>>718840591
Not that many, but OP probably googled the topic, read the accounts and is shitting bricks about now.
>>
>>718841185
Yeah! That;'s EXACTLY how they prep you for a wisdom tooth procedure.
>>
>>718836430
>or becoming retarded as a result of a dumb surgin..

80% of blacks that apply for med school are accepted, regardless of grades or qualification.
>>
>>718841343
underage?
>>
>Wisdom teeth removal
>Calls it SURGERY
>Is TERRIFIED
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Ahahaha.... Erm, you won't feel shit, stop being such a gigantic fucking pussy holy shit.

Are Americans such pussies that they are actually put to sleep for this? My doctor just numbed that area in my mouth and pulled every tooth out by wiggling and pulling hard. Put some cotton on that shit to soak the blood and go home.

Fucking LMAO OP
>>
>>718841370
Your own fault in that case for not doing your homework and making sure you don't have some dumb nigger or some immigrant who has a medical license in Indiana working on you.
>>
>>718841185
A guy I know had to get naked to have surgery on his hand. It's a perk of working on a surgical staff.
>>
>>718838220
we always make jokes about small dicks during surgery....
>>
I had a similar situation with a wisdom tooth about a decade ago. Full bony extraction surrounded by infection and a cyst. I'm also terrified of being put under so I told them just to use a local. They looked at me like I was crazy, but went ahead and did it anyway. Dr. Injected me with local and the left side of my face went instantly numb. It was like he flipped a switch. I heard them cutting through my jawbone for what seemed like 10 minutes, then they cut the tooth in half and removed it. cut out the infection/cyst and put me back together in about 25 minutes total. I never felt a thing. They gave me vicodin for the pain, but I fell asleep that night and missed my dosage. Woke up the next day and aside from looking like I got punched in the face, I was fine. Took a little tylenol later in the day and that was it. You'll be fine. Not being able to eat solid food for a week or two will be the worst of it.
>>
>>718841475
Big deal, they remove them like real men in my country, you open your mouth and bite the curb and licensed medical professional stomps on the back of your head, then you go to a brothel and have vodka with cheap prostitute but refuse to pay after.
>>
>>718840407
lol, that´s actually how it works
>>
>>718836430
you might feel something after a couple of days, but the surgery is going to be a cakewalk
>>
OP you'll be okay, as someone who's had a shit ton of brain surgeries since he was a kid and a ton of other stupid reasons to go under, you'll be just fine. Relax, joke around with nurses if you can, trust me the thing you'll look forward to most when you wake up is good food and the drugs they give you after
>>
>>718836430
You won't be able to tell once you've woken up
>>
File: piss_in_fuck.png (117KB, 413x301px) Image search: [Google]
piss_in_fuck.png
117KB, 413x301px
>>718836430
Stop being a retarded crybaby. You don't even have to get a fucking incision. I had an inguinal hernia repair two weeks ago, I've been alternating between withdrawing from pain meds and being in intense pain because it was fucking huge and my left nut swelled up to the size of a goddamn baseball. Have some perspective and count your blessings you ungrateful piece of shit.
>>
>>718841185
Chilean model Jhendelyn Núñez, allegedly asked for the photo be taken for her "personal use."
>>
Ive had wisdoms done, its one of the best ops because its pretty simple but you get stellar meds for it. Easy pay day
>>
>I'm so scared oh my god
what surgery, op?<
>WISDOM TEETH

And here I was somewhat concerned for op. That's never happening again.
>>
>>718842802
Where do you live that you got great pain meds for it? They gave me fucking tylenol, I'm not joking, didn't do shit for the pain, I spent like a week holding bags of frozen peas to my face and that helped more than the tylenol did.
>>
>>718843255
Im aus, and in the army so I got a week off and some endone
>>
>>718836430

I had surgery once where I had to be put under. I woke up in a room with other people in beds, feeling better than I ever had before, with a sense of bliss and euphoria I had never experienced. Then I suddenly thought, "Oh shit, I must have died and this is the entrance to Heaven for people that died in surgery..."
>>
>>718837052
LOL WISDOM TEETH??? LMFAO WTF.
Is this is a joke????
Nigga what??????
People get fucking brain surgeries. REAL SURGERIES.
and arent nearly as scared as you.
>>
>>718843607
What's endone?
>>
>>718837052

Dude. I had mine pulled while I was awake, when I was 31. If you're that scared of not waking up, do it that way.
>>
I'm an anaesthetist. It'll be fine. You're young, fit and healthy. Risk approaching zero. Everyone afterwards is surprised surgery is over cos they can't even remember falling asleep. Intraop awareness typically only happens in emergency surgery (very rarely) or very old patients who we try to run on as little anaesthetic agent as possible (on account of their shitty old hearts). Seriously, you'll be fine.
>>
>>718843255
I've never met anyone who has gotten anything less than vicoden for it lmao
>>
>>718837052
You can't be made retarded from wisdom teeth surgery. The worst part is healing after the surgery but they give you painkillers that work pretty good. I was knocked out for mine, didn't even remember the IV going in. Relax.
>>
>>718843979
I don't know why I seem to have gotten screwed on the pain meds, I don't know how severe this is compared to other kinds of wisdom teeth removal, but mine were impacted, which the way they explained it meant they had to break them up in to pieces and remove them piece by piece. Seems severe.
>>
>>718843807
I dont know bro some sort of morphine tablet, cbf to look it up right now haha
>>
You will probably get fucked in pussy while you are out ... Good luck newly used
>>
Even if you wake up you won't feel anything because they use a separate local anesthetic for pain. The general anesthetic is just to keep you relaxed.
>>
File: stupid ostrich.gif (2MB, 314x240px)
stupid ostrich.gif
2MB, 314x240px
>>718836430

you're going to be suuuuuper fine. this is such a non-issue.

unless you're 80+ years old, you have 0 risk. and you will NOT wake up during.

pain? totally manageable.

you'll get there, you can ask for some anxiety medication, and from that point you'll wake up, and it someone will say "everything went fine". then you'll go home (or stay if you're scheduled to stay).

OP you're like me and worry WAY too much about surgery. it's sooooooooo easy.
>>
File: 2141241242134312.jpg (6KB, 225x225px)
2141241242134312.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>718836430
ITT: OP is a fat fuck worried about some pain for his misdemeanors
>>
>>718837052
Lmao, im having open heart surgery in a week. And you are crying about a tooth
>>
>>718845065
FUCKING KEK
>>
>>718842236
i am grateful for everything i have, i am so sorry for what you went through anon. I hope you have many years of good health ahead.
>>
>>718845065
i am so sorry. that is so terrifying too. i wish you the best. i am weak, you are strong. you are very brave!
>>
>>718838246
I was clinically dead for 2 minutes during surgery

you are a faggot and should kill yourself

I forgot what my point was but kys anyway because your post was retarded
>>
>>718845065
Damn anon. I wish you the best. Had my gal bladder removed and teeth are nothing compared to that. Kinda like how my surgery is nothing compared to open heart surgery.
>>
>>718846386
Funny how all the faggots on here joke about gore n shit but when they are under the knife shits real scary. kek
>>
>>718838246
It's more like being a zombie. The stuff dentists use does not put you to sleep. You remain awake, but not really conscious. You can respond to simple commands and answer simple questions. The thinking part of your brain is turned off though, so you get no memory of the event and no response to pain.
>>
I feel you OP, I too have an insane phobia of being put under. Best of luck, but don't worry, the doctors that put you under went to school specifically for anesthesiology. They know exactly what to do, and how much to give you. They're going 2 tell you to count 2 10, before you even get to 10, your lights out, boom you wake up, maybe a little sore, but a week from the surgery you should be good, based on what type of surgery it is
>>
>>718846698
I wasn't actually worried about the gal bladder surgery. I watched a youtube video of one being performed while I was waiting for them to schedule it. I was in a massive amount of pain, so finding out that one of the most common surgeries would fix it was a relief. What hurt the most was the fucking bill. One 20 minute long surgery=$45k. My deductible was $5k which I'm still paying off.
>>
>getting wisdom teeth removed in hospital because cheaper through medical
>option to get the gas
>why the fuck not?
>on the operating table
>they strap me to the table
>start an IV drip of something
>this stuff kinda burns
>reaches my balls
>HOLY FUCK NIGGERS MUST SCRATCH NOW
>would have furiously started clawing at my sac right there in front of everyone if I wasn't strapped down
>burning subsides
>doctor says he is going to give me the gas
>ask if I should count down
>he says sure start from 20
>start counting down
>get to 13
>not like in the movies where the person slowly peters off and falls asleep
>one second I feel fully awake and the next not
>having a dream
>walking down the street
>turn around
>FUCKING CLIFFRACER OUT OF NOWHERE
>start swinging my sword back and forth
>apparently I woke up at this point and was swinging my arm in real life
>nurse runs over and tells me to calm down and that I am in a hospital
>calmly explain to her that I was being attacked by a cliffracer
>what actually happened was I spit out a large wad of blood soaked Gauss onto my chest
>nurse grabs it and shoves it back into my mouth
>starts wheeling me somewhere
>next thing I remember I am in the car on the way home
>>
>>718846991
thank you. I actually sing the ABCs
>>
>>718847198
aw that sucks bad dude. Maybe you can look into some charities to help with paying the bill off? I know such exist.
>>
I'm 25, and I just got my wisdom teeth out a few months ago. Just relax, bro. Really easy. You'll get anesthetized and you'll start to count down. Before you can finish counting down you'll have woken up from the procedure. I wasn't even loopy afterwards.

The coming weeks are annoying. Pretty much just don't drink from a straw, smoke, drink anything carbonated, no alcohol, acids, etc. Sit up straight when you sleep. You don't want to get a dry socket. Follow these steps and you won't feel any pain.

The most pain I felt after was a slight ache in my jaw when I woke up one morning because I'd been off the pain meds for a few hours. It's really no problem. You'll be fine, don't worry, man.
>>
>>718838892
chill the fuck out pussy, you'll be fine
>>
>>718847527
And the procedure for impacted wisdom teeth only takes about 3 minutes per tooth. You'll be done pretty much immediately.
>>
File: after.jpg (382KB, 1143x857px)
after.jpg
382KB, 1143x857px
>>718836430
Don worry OP!
with todays awesome sedatives and relaxants they give you you will slep like a baby.....and IF (and this is a big IF) if you manage to stay awake you will be so doped up u dont care what the fuck they do to you....trust me!
i did a AV fistula operation to be able to recive dialasys and i´m extremly hard to sedate (prob due to me abuseing painkillers etc) so after giving me 5 times the normal dose they started annyway and i lay there watcing them cut open my arm and pulling out bloodvessels....and the only feeling i had was Facination hahaha.
so dont you worry, and if you are still worried tell that to the doctor in charge and they will give you some extra meds + take extra care of you.

here is a animation of the operation i did (was awake for thr first 60% of it )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I_gzfPFW1U&t=122s

also pic related its my arm after operation
>>
>>718836613
>so don't be scared
Way to scare somebody about being scared.
You're a real champion.

>>718836430
There are plenty of people with whom you could talk.
Just go to any doctor at all and they'll get you help asap.

Other than that there isn't much you can do.
If the surgery is mandatory then you better start worrying some more, because beyond that is only death.
There is nothing you can do, so you better let go or make it worse.

Also I doubt you will wake up.
As soon as they realize that you even start to wake up you'll get shot another dose.

There is no way in hell you would ever remember anything.
Get real guy.
>>
>>718847527
And adding to what I said a minute ago, you'll be out really fast. My surgeon was making a joke about how the anesthesia will make your balls itch, and before he could get to the punchline I was out cold.
>>
>>718847527
thank you so much. probably no pain for me compared to what I've been feeling already. I've been suffering since 2013.. and they are growing into my cheeks, to the point where i have holes.

What exactly is a dry socket? and if one happens how do they fix it?

>>718847595
easy to say when it's not you :)

>>718847737
thanks so much. Hopefully the anesthetic wears off within 1 hour, my mom is gonna be waiting because the place is pretty far from home.
>>
File: 967.jpg (28KB, 242x242px)
967.jpg
28KB, 242x242px
>>
>>718837052
Worst case scenario you don't wake up OP. And you wouldn't even know. So worrying is pointless.

Anesthesiafag here. Got any questions?
>>
>>718848122
what if people laugh at me while im under, is there any protection? sorry if dumb question..

i have really fucking bad trust issues.. like BAD.
>>
>>718847903
A dry socket is when the blood clot filling the holes in your mouth becomes dislodged so the jaw bone is exposed. Hurts like hell. They'll explain it to you before and after the procedure. It's really easy to avoid, and on the off chance you do get one they'll give you some extra medication for it.
>>
Had mine pulled the old fashion way with a local. Your jaw hurt because those fuckers don't like to come out and the doc has to put some muscle into it. I have a fucked up jaw that dislocates if you pull it the wrong way, so a few times I was holding my jaw while the doc worked because his assistant didn't have the strength and didn't know where to hold it, lol.
>>
>>718836430
surgery is easy, its waking up from that drug coma that sucks. like the worst flu ever.
>>
>>718847903
it still would be pretty easy to say if i was going under the knife to get a fucking tooth removed. i remember going to the dentist to get a tooth pulled and they didn't even put the anesthetic shot in correctly so i pretty much felt everything. I was perfectly fine during and after the operation and keep in mind I was like 12 fucking years old, so you being a 21 year old whos afraid to be put under for like 30-45 mins max, to the point where they don't eat and sleep is pretty fucking pathetic
>>
>>718848369
ohh ok glad the solution to fixing is pretty simple. Just a tad worried I will get one. I am probably going to buy lots of yogurt and apple sauce.
>>
>>718848122
ISO & DESFLURANE FUCK ME RIGHT UP. ITS GR8 OP.
>>
>>718848317
Who cares if they do. They won't though.
>>
>>718848483
well.. I'm sort of mentally ill in a sense, so my mentality to these situations may not be the same as a typical 21 year old. age is just a number after all..
>>
Anon, you will be fine. Yes, having surgery has risks. You know what else has risks? Serious infection, bone damage or permanent paralysis of part of your face from impacted wisdom teeth growing into one of your cranial nerves. (It almost happened to me, and I didn't delay having them removed when I was told they needed to come out.)

If you're really scared, you should tell the anaesthetist. There's no point trying to hide it, the docs are gonna know that you're scared because you'll have a heart rate monitor and it'll be spiking. If they know you're shitting bricks, they can give you stronger premeds (basically valium) which will make you feel a lot better. They will also talk you through the whole process if you ask them to, so you'll always know what's happening.

You don't have to worry about waking up during surgery for 2 main reasons. Firstly, it almost never happens in a decent hospital because you have to fuck up the drug regime Really. Fucking. Badly. for the possibility of awareness under general anesthesia. Secondly, one of the drugs they give you for almost any surgery basically blocks the brain's ability to form new memories. So if the worst-case scenario happens, you'll wake up with no memory of it.

Good luck anon. You'll be fine.
>>
>>718848317
Why would you care what people in private think? You're privacy is protected under federal law and HIPAA. If they mentioned any details about you to anyone, it's instant termination and lawsuit. No ones gonna risk that. Have I seen someone laugh? Yes. But it never leaves the room. Plus remember, we see sick fucking shit, way worse than anything you may have, probably. So most people don't care.

What's new to you with this surgery is another day at the office for your providers.

And don't worry about Awareness. It's been dramaticized in society. It is extremely rare (where your paralyzed and can't talk) and requires a retarded amount of negligence or incompetence.

People often mistake IV sedation and waking up as awareness. If you are getting impacted teeth fixed, it will be general anesthesia, you won't remember.
>>
>>718848689
Yeah, my only fear was getting a dry socket. Luckily I didn't get one. If you want some foods that are ok to eat, I pretty much just ate mashed potato, yogurt, banana, jello. After a couple of days you can move on to more solid things. The surgeon will give you a little syringe thing to clean out the holes in your mouth after about a week. Make sure you do this or food will get stuck in the holes and your gums will grow back over. Alright, I'm heading out. Good luck.
>>
>>718848862
then tell the doctors to take you to the kiddie section if you wanna act like a baby
>>
>>718836430
>or becoming retarded

Don't worry, you already are
>>
>>718837052
I got that shit done awake, they shaved my jaw down and everything. It was pretty uncomfortable, but not terrible. You're gonna be fine.
>>
>>718848880
very true. and they already know i have anxiety and panic attacks.. my heart rate can jump way up, to the point where i faint, sorta hoping i faint lol. thank you though. appreciated.

>>718848947
thanks. and lol for me, my self esteem is pretty low. so thinking someone cracked a joke makes me sad. idk
>>
>>718848122
Not OP. Does anyone still use desflurane for human anesthesia? I was under the impression that everyone was using sevo, and halo/iso/des were vet only...
>>
>>718836430
>or becoming retarded as a result of a dumb surgin
>surgin

Really nigga?
>>
>>718836430
welp ur fucked
will probably have a heart attack as soon as the needle goes in
>>
>>718849120
I probably will to be honest.. I don't even care.

>>718849169
I'm not talking like mildly autistic or anything remotely functional.. i am talking about full blown vegetable.
>>
>>718849221
Yes it's still used. It's fat/blood distribution coefficient is 27, less than sevo or iso. So some practitioners will use it on fat people. Problem is its really irritating to airways and emergence delerium is way more common than even in sevo.

Most common anesthetic is sevo. But god tier providers use isoflurane. It's cheap and emergence is real smooth. Just gotta time it right.

Most vet places use ISO cuz it's the cheapest.
>>
>>718836430
Go ahead, try and fight the meds as hard as you can. I've had 4 generals. You are a light switch. All that happens is they put a small bung in your arm or back or wrist. You lay back, look at the ceiling and wake up in recovery. It's a piece of piss, just be glad you're not going to be awake for the surgery.
>>
>>718843807
Oxycodone Hydrochloride. Percocet without the tylenol.
>>
>>718849613

Wait... you are getting a tooth removed and you are worried the fucking oral surgeon is going to do brain surgery or some shit?

What a fucking gay retard.
>>
File: Dumbass alert.jpg (11KB, 350x262px)
Dumbass alert.jpg
11KB, 350x262px
>>718849613
>>
>>718850010
lol sorta true.. i thought the drugs would never wear off and fuck me up for life? im a newb

seeing how calm everyone is has helped me relax, so thank you anons. i will be posting on here after it's done, doubt anyone will remember me, but yeah.
>>
>>718850010
You don't need brain surgery to result in being a vegetable.

It's called
>hypoxic brain injury.

OP fear is legit, OP is just fearing an extremely unlikely event.
>>
>>718849649
I do animal surgeries for research, we use iso. I assumed it was less safe, since so few human providers use it even though it's cheap?
>>
>>718850325
shhhhhh ur just gonna make the tard cry more by telling her this shit
>>
>>718836613
this is probably the worst advice you could give someone in this situation, as expected of /b/ good job
>>
>>718850380
Nah. There's a research history behind that. It's not less safe, iso is awesome. I've been doing anesthesia for 7 years and would want someone to use ISO on me.

It's off patent, that's why it's cheap. It's still widely used in certain institutions due to cost, but a couple studies referenced longer wake up times in ISO relative to sevo. What they didn't allude to is this had to do with outpatient surgeries.

Most of my patients end up in icu afterward, I try to do them a favor by keeping them more comfortable so they just sleep and rest afterward.

But to answer your question, the safety profile for ISO is no worse than sevo or des. Halothane sucks btw, hepatic toxicity.
>>
>>718848122

I got it several times this year through IV. Why does it have to be so fucking painful and cold when they inject it?
>>
>>718850325
>hypoxic

No shit, but having that happen during a tooth extraction? Come on...at least her next of kin will be fucking rich with a malpractice lawsuit lol.
>>
>>718836430
your fears are retarded.
Science is smarter than you.
>>
>>718851028
I'm assuming you got propofol. That's the IV induction agent. A preservative in the emulsion is basic in terms of its pH. That's why it burns. Vein receptors react to the pH change, causing a burning sensation. They will try to lessen the burn by injecting IV lidocaine, but people are sometimes too sensitive. I just warn them the burning will stop in a few seconds, once they're unconscious.

It's cold because it's room temperature. It's kept at that temp because if we warmed it for ur comfort, it would increase the risk of bacteria growing in the emulsion. So colder and safer is better than warmer and dangerous.
>>
>>718836430
God damn it henry go to sleep
>>
Anaesthetic awareness is exceedingly rare, also the array of shit the surgical team has access to to keep you under is mindblowing, your vitals are being monitored from knock-down to recovery and you will have the surgeon, tech and anesthetist doing everything to make sure you stay under. Relax faggot.

t. scout scrub nurse
>>
>>718851221
Right! It's extremely rare. We've all heard the cases where it has happened cuz it always makes the news. It takes some incompetent providers mixed with retard to result in hypoxia brain injury during a tooth extraction. But of the millions of anesthetics a year, every couple years a case pops up.
>>
>>718850924
Yeah we stopped using halothane a few years ago for that reason. MAC values for small animals are way higher than people, we use 3% for gentle induction or 5% to take them down quickly (iso). Opening the box is interesting if you don't hold your breath. I wouldn't really want to be in that room for 8 hours if it was halothane floating around in the air.
>>
>>718852038
ORs are a little different than lab environment. There's a scavenging system that removes excess gas from the semiclosed ventilator system. AND, the room circulation overturns the air in an OR every 6 minutes. So, in 6 minutes from now, there's brand new air in the room.

I don't think I would do anesthesia if I was exposed to those agents every day.
>>
Are people supposed to remove their wisdom teeth even if they grew properly and aren't causing pain or complications?
>>
>>718851553

I mean I can take the pain just fine, but the fact that it was such a unique sensation and that I had to repeat the procedure many times makes me have flashbacks to that sensation and the bitter taste and smell during nightmares sometimes. I understand the professional necessity -- the experience would suck no matter what -- it's just that that has become the physical memory characterizing the worst year of my life.

Also I'm still in general uncomfortable with being put under. I don't like not having control, or having control taken away from me. My heart rate was stable the whole time though.
>>
>>718852753

No. Mine weren't supposed to be removed except I have a really dry mouth and had trouble being able to brush them properly, so eventually the top two just had big enough cavities on top of cavities that the dentist was like, "yeah, we can do this again, or we can extract on local anesthetic with a one-day recovery time and your insurance will cover it." My bottom two are still in.
>>
>>718852415
Yeah the human doctors have all the good tech. We can't use breathing circuits because you can't intubate a rodent, they're just too small. A lot of people use injectables (various ketamine cocktails) but it's a lot harder to get them back and the recovery is rougher. Poor little guys.
>>
>>718852753
not if they grew proper, only if they cause pain.
>>
Americans are such a bunch of pussies. Why the fuck do you need to be put under for a wisdom tooth extraction? Oh yeah because your shitty healthcare system can bill a fuckton for unnecessary procedures.

-Finnish dentist
>>
>>718836430
Medfag here, I literally just started learning about surgical procedures today in class. I'll help you with what I know. Questions?
>>
>>718851553
I got this for my tonsillectomy...

>burning sensation up my arm
>ohshit.jpeg
>try to gasp for air and sit up
>wake up in the recovery room on fentanyl

Honestly want bad at all.

I have anxiety so THE anaesthesiologist explained everything she was doing and what would happen and warned me before she did anything.
>>
>>718853271
Because they cut your gums open; hold them open with a device similar to a winch; saw the tooth in half; pull the tooth out; and sew you up. I had it done, I'm glad I was under.
>>
>>718853500
>hold them open with a device similar to a winch
Wtf u talking about lol?
Local anaesthetic is completely enough for a wisdom tooth extraction. I've done hundreds, only 2 under full anaesthesia because of scared patients.
>>
>>718853861
Don't talk when you don't know.

Impacted teeth dood. It's not a straight forward extraction.
>>
>>718853861
Sorry I just now read you are a dentist. Anyways, I wasn't fully under, it was semi-conscious. I'm not even sure it was anesthesia, but it definitely wasn't local. It's worth noting that I'm not a dentist but that's how they described the procedure to me.
>>
>>718854155
??? You know that we do most of our impacted tooth extraction surgeries under local anaesthetic right? I asked him wtf he is talking about using a wrench for xD
>>718854176
Fair enough, in Finland we hardly ever use nitrous. Most common is just benzos preoperatively for scared patients.
>>
>>718854530
Yea I just took an Ativan and chilled... was easy as hell.

Dentist was yanking like a savage but I didn't feel it so it was kinda funny tbh
>>
>>718854530
Isn't that less safe? My dentist won't do anything under twilight sedation or with a patient who's taken a lot of benzos. He's worried that a half-drugged patient either freaks out midway and can't be reasoned with, or can't protect their airway. It's either local or nighty-night.
>>
>>718836430
Just let yourself get fucked up and loopy from the drugs, the enjoy laying in a hostpital bed and having no responsibility for awhile. Also if the dumb surgeon fucks you up you can sue and be a rich retard and spend your money on kittys or some shit.
>>
>>718836430
>evolution is just a "theory"
>doesn't know what a scientific "theory" is
>mfw evolution is a fact and has been observed in real time
>mfw another Christian just got btfo by his own arrogance and stupidity

it was enticing bait 2/10
>>
>>718855008
I'd say putting someone under full anaesthesia has higher risks than not. Not saying it's that dangerous it's just ridiculously expensive and unnecessary. I understand full anaesthesia for young kids and mentally retarded people that lack co-operation. My bet is that in the US it's all related to covering your ass for lawsuits and milking money.
>>
>>718836430
I just got 4 impacted wisdom teeth out earlier today! It went fine just don't stress buddy.
>>
>>718855008
Also you arent supposed to incapacitate people with benzos but rather just take the edge off. Paradoxical reactions where patients get hyperactive instead of relaxed are quite rare but do happen.
>>
>>718855444
Trips of truth.

I took a lorazepam and listened to my iPod... it was chill.
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.